Shounen - Detective Conan by Aoyama Gosho | Page 9 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Detective Conan by Aoyama Gosho

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I have not actually taken note of how the characters' names are created in this series. Now that you have mentioned, it was truly amazing! :) I don't watch a lot of Gundam series except Gundam Seed and Gundam Destiny but it was a long time ago which I hardly recall much details of the stories. You must be a Gundam fan? From what the author has played around with words of names in his series using Gundam characters' names, he is probably a person that has grown up with it and perhaps a fan of it. Gundam is after all his generation. :) It was rather popular during the 70s and 80s, though Gundam series have existed way before that time. Aoyama should be in his 50s I suppose.

I rarely take a strong liking towards the "bad guys" in any series but in Detective Conan, I seem to like Amuro (aka Bourbon) quite a bit. I like the artwork of his feature and skin tone. He is one of the few characters in this series that has dark skin. Pretty unique I must say.

I wonder what Amuro will be planning to do in the next chapter.

Goral

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Thanks. Perhaps you would consider changing your hosting service from Mediafire to 2shared though (HWMN group uses it for example). In general the files tend to stay there longer. For example, chapter 915 has been removed due to copyright issues. It's completely free and has very good speeds. It doesn't even have "captcha" (unlike MF if you download more files).

My group also uses 2shared and all the files are still there (some of them more than 1.5 year old). Then again Desert Punk and Claymore aren't even remotely as popular as Gintama and Detective Conan.

Last edited:

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I'm a week late on the news since I've only caught up to 920 just now and saw the announcement, but for those who are still in the dark, Aoyama-sensei has just had a successful surgical operation so he'll be recovering and playing Kan Colle at the hospital until summer. In the meantime, he will be releasing new chapters at irregular intervals, just like how it's been recently due to his health problems I presume.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Re: Detective Conan by Aoyama Gosho - Manga and Anime

I hope Aoyama-sensei is getting better and perhaps recovered.

I have been catching up with the anime which I haven't been watching for a while. It seems like a re-cap of the manga as most of the episodes follow closely to the manga series.

One of the members of the Black Organisation that puzzles me the most is Bourbon whom I think he may have known Conan's true identity or at least suspected him since Conan doesn't behave like a child in many ways. In one of the episodes (771) which I have just watched has Bourbon's appearance and he was so smart to test out Conan's response when asked about a certain man's identity and if Conan would have known him. I thought it would be a good way to put someone to a test to see if the person is speaking the truth or not.

Bourbon would probably be in many ways trying to find out who Conan truly is. Perhaps he is trying to gather more intel in order to expose or even to capture him back to the Organisation or perhaps he is putting various acts as if like "playing a game" for his own thrill. :^_^ If so, then it would be fun (at least to me, it is) :^_^

Bourbon is definitely an interesting and mysterious guy to study and of course, so are the other members. I actually kinda like to see more of him in the series and anime. :teehee
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It'd been a year since I last posted in this thread. I've just seen some updates on Detection Conan's latest movie: The Darkest Nightmare, which has earned more than 6 billion yen (~ US$56 million) since the film released on 16th April.

More details are found in ANN

It's pretty amazing as the manga has been going on for about 22 years now. This is probably my favourite mystery story. :^_^

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Slightly late to the party for the latest chapter (966):
Name's way too obvious to be Rum...? (Wakasa Rumi ---> IM ASAKA RUM) She's asking to get caught lol.
But then again, it isn't the first time the name turns out to be spoiler, the most recent being the Amuro/Akai fiasco, as well as sharing the same voice actors back in Gundam where their names originate from...

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Detective Conan 20th Anniversary Concert Planned for KyoMAF2016

The upcoming concert at KyoMAF will include theme songs from the TV anime, movie, and stage play, and there are also plans for a special production and surprise project. Images of characters from the show will be screened during the performance, beginning with main characters Conan Edogawa and Ran Mori.

It will be nice to have all the pieces recorded in an album. :super

Detective Conan is still very popular among the Japanese fans. :^_^

Detective Conan Anime Gets New 2-Hour TV Special Recreating 1st Episode
- New material added to story about the day Shinichi transformed into a child's body

This year's 42nd issue of Shogakukan's Weekly Shonen Sunday magazine announced on Wednesday that the Detective Conantelevision anime will celebrate its 20th anniversary with a brand-new two-hour television anime special this winter. Meitantei Conan Episode "One" Chiisakunatta Meitantei (Detective Conan Episode "One": The Great Detective Who Shrank) will recount "the true first episode not seen by anyone!!"

The special will retell what happened on the day Shinichi's teenaged body was transformed into that of a child. It will add new material that was not in Gosho Aoyama's original manga or the first episode of the television anime two decades ago. The story begins when Shinichi sets up a date with Ran at the Tropical Land amusement park. It follows with Shinichi's encounter with Gin and the others at the park.

This series is still as popular as ever. I don't get bored reading its manga and watching the anime and movies. I'll be looking forward to what the "new material" will be.

Monday, 19th September is "Respect for the Aged Day," Gosho Aoyama can join Osamu Akimoto (author of 40 years hard work for "Kochikame") in the celebration. It's a nice Observance that the Japanese have - a good virtue to be cultivated in everyone across the world. :super

Beatrice

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I really don't necro threads but this manga is an all time great and just delivered a spectacular reveal. The biggest to date.

Reveal of the Org name and boss.

The orgs name is Carasuma and was founded by Renya Karasuma.
He was the owner of the mansion from the Detective Gathering case, where the entire mansion was made of gold.

Also for those who still read it:
Asaca Rum = Carasuma

Last edited:

Newkerzy

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Okay, which case was that again? (The detective gathering case)

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
So finally the Black organization head is revealed.

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
So finally the Black organization head is revealed.
Pretty much. The reveal of the boss is the reason chapter 1008 is the best chapter of 2017 if not the best chapter in the series.

Last edited:

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
And I missed it. But darn it if it wasn't too long. And I could never find updated chapters for some reason. Guess I didn't look hard enough.

JOA20

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Well, after some years I caught up to this manga's latest chapter. The revelation of the final boss was sort of lackluster, but I can live with that. I'm intrigued by Amuro's subplot: perhaps Shinichi's parents want him to pass false information on their son to Rum? It seems the final arc has begun, but I believe that there are too many subplots to wrap up for the manga to end before 2020. Looking forward to Rum's true identity: the new teacher sounds too obvious, but her bloodlust has to be explained somehow.
Another two months' worth of hiatus? Aoyama-sensei, don't become like Togashi or Miura, pretty please!

Looks like Rum's true identity is revealed... Is it?