Discussion - Developers thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Developers thread

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
A thread for developers so we can discuss and share thing. Personally i'd like to know if there is a front-end developer here because i'm interested in becoming a front-end developers and i need some advices

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Moved the thread to IT forum.

You can check out this site to get information about frontend development, it gives some useful tips.

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
oh thank. i wasn't sure where to start, look like i found something to do this summer. I know the basics of javascript but that's it. Something i'd still like to know how tools like photoshop and illustrator are important for web designer.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
where can one go to learn coding for free, or at least start out free?

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
depend what language you wanna learn? or what do you aim? web, mobile, software or games? generally i prefer learning from books but tutorial are way easier to understand when you're beginning. http://www.tutorialspoint.com/ is a good tutorial site.
if you don't know what you wanna do, i recommend starting with C and Html. C is kinda the base of every language, Html is the basic markup language you need to know if you ever wanna do some web related programs.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Generally you can find great tutorials and possibly free e-books on well-known programming languages. Do you have a specific reason to learn a programming language or are you interested in it as a hobby?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
depend what language you wanna learn? or what do you aim? web, mobile, software or games? generally i prefer learning from books but tutorial are way easier to understand when you're beginning. http://www.tutorialspoint.com/ is a good tutorial site.
if you don't know what you wanna do, i recommend starting with C and Html. C is kinda the base of every language, Html is the basic markup language you need to know if you ever wanna do some web related programs.
I'm not sure, I was thinking of Java and HTML, so probably web for now before moving onto mobile. Thank you! I should start with C and HTML, you're right.
Generally you can find great tutorials and possibly free e-books on well-known programming languages. Do you have a specific reason to learn a programming language or are you interested in it as a hobby?
Hobby and to expand my chances of getting a job.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
If you're into web programming, HTML and JavaScript may be a reasonable alternative. You can move to PHP at one point for server-side scripting, these can keep you busy for a while. C is a powerful programming language but I don't recommend it to hobbyists, it takes quite a long time to grasp all the language constructs and it may deter you from spending more time on it due to its complexity. Python is sufficiently simple and popular, and it has a large standard library which lets you do almost anything. AFAIK it's Osso's favorite programming language, I guess he can give you more detailed information about it if you decide to go for it.

Reactions: M3J

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
well C can be a bit challenging for a beginner but when you tackle C you'll understand how the memory work and you'll be able to easily move to any other language. that been said python is also a good starting point due to it short learning curve. If you wanna tackle the web development as miyagi said you have to start with html and javascript then sql. PHP is kinda optional due to java popularity. Java kinda became most the popular language for web applications and i'm seeing less and less company using PHP. So you can choose one of those 2. Personally i'm good with both but java is by far my favorite language. Also if you have a creative mind and like design you can dig into the front-end development (things we discussed above), that's what i'm interested in atm. If you become really good at it you can find a job everywhere without a problem. Same thing with the java, if you become good with JEE, springMVC (a framework), hibernate. you're good to go. With Mobile development (java for android, objective C/swift for ios ) you can directly access the global market by publishing app on the store.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
The biggest problem is finding tutorials that'll teach me without charging too much. But yeah, I have a better sense of what I need to know now. HTML, javascript, probably java, and SQL. What is springMVC? I haven't heard of that before.

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
oh spring mvc is a framework. nobody write raw code anymore on web project, that take too much time. People work with frameworks, they greatly reduce the amount of work you have to do. That been said you don't have to bother with it now. just focus on learning the languages atm

Arbalest

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
first you need to pick an orientation as in what is it that you wanna do after that i'll advise you some really good books for the purpose the problem with online tutorials is they are almost empty in content and mostly it gives unpractical and outdated code not to mention some of them are not very safe if you'll think about later on security, i don't know if its against the rules to post names or references to amazons in here so if it's the case just send me a p.m with the area of interest and i'll send u some useful links

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
looking for a good free translator API, so far i'm hesitating between Microsoft translator API (offer 2M character per months for free) and yandex (offer 1M characters per day for free but have a rather confusing terms of services). any suggestion?

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Oh nice, I haven't seen this thread before :D

I'm a PHP drupal developer with fair knowledge of front-end, and I've done some Spring MVC at some point as well...nice to meet ya guys

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

first you need to pick an orientation as in what is it that you wanna do after that i'll advise you some really good books for the purpose the problem with online tutorials is they are almost empty in content and mostly it gives unpractical and outdated code not to mention some of them are not very safe if you'll think about later on security, i don't know if its against the rules to post names or references to amazons in here so if it's the case just send me a p.m with the area of interest and i'll send u some useful links
It's okay to post links...they are recommendations and it's for educational purposes so no problem

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

If it's web development w3schools is a good site...there are some good youtube channels as well...

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

I'm not sure, I was thinking of Java and HTML, so probably web for now before moving onto mobile. Thank you! I should start with C and HTML, you're right.
I'd suggest skipping C, it's ugly :p ... if you learn HTML at some point do it along with studying CSS...they go hand in hand

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

oh spring mvc is a framework. nobody write raw code anymore on web project, that take too much time. People work with frameworks, they greatly reduce the amount of work you have to do. That been said you don't have to bother with it now. just focus on learning the languages atm
And the underlying concepts as well...I dunno if I'd suggest jumping into OOP...procedural code is a better start for a beginner

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Anyone knows a good site with detailed explanations on machine language?

Nomi

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Hobby and to expand my chances of getting a job.
HTML is a programming language? lol!

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
HTML is a programming language? lol!
i think you're very bored to point that out lol and i dont think he ever said that it was a programming language.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
Reaction score
Country
Romania
How fares your front-end knowledge @scav ?

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
How fares your front-end knowledge @scav ?
haha still basic, i don't do much front-end anymore. lately when i work on a website i just download some templates and javascript librairie, add few change and that's it. I liked to take my time and write my own stuff, now with the amount of projects i'm getting i just wanna save time. For example before if i wanted a good looking sortable datatable i would take hours and write the javascript and css myself, now in a same situation i would just download Jquery Datatable plugin and fck that shit lol Damn customers and project managers if you spend hours make something for them they're never happy, figured might as well copy pasta the design

Last edited: