Discussion - Developers thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Developers thread

kokio

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
haha still basic, i don't do much front-end anymore. lately when i work on a website i just download some templates and javascript librairie, add few change and that's it. I liked to take my time and write my own stuff, now with the amount of projects i'm getting i just wanna save time. For example before if i wanted a good looking sortable datatable i would take hours and write the javascript and css myself, now in a same situation i would just download Jquery Datatable plugin and fck that shit lol Damn customers and project managers if you spend hours make something for them they're never happy, figured might as well copy pasta the design
Uh, WHAT???

I work as a freelance developer, and it's very hard to develop trusting relationships with clients because they're so skeptical from the get-go. So many people think it's easy, and that all you have to do is just copy-paste code and you have a working website.

FYI, bud. That doesn't work. AT ALL. Just makes it a lot harder for the people who actually put effort into it.

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Uh, WHAT???

I work as a freelance developer, and it's very hard to develop trusting relationships with clients because they're so skeptical from the get-go. So many people think it's easy, and that all you have to do is just copy-paste code and you have a working website.

FYI, bud. That doesn't work. AT ALL. Just makes it a lot harder for the people who actually put effort into it.
how it make it harder for others people? i dont see the problem with using already made templates for the front end. You're not gonna to reinvent the wheel, if you gonna do something while there is already a javascript library that do the work you're just fooling yourself and wasting huge amount of time.
Also i dont see what's the relation between using templates and trusting relationships with clients? they ask something, you help them understand what they really need and deliver within the deadline what they asked. that's it for the trust. I'm good with business intelligence projects that's why people give me projects and surely not because they want some flashy design made from scratch

Last edited:

kokio

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sorry for the misunderstanding, but the way you said it before, it sounded like you were saying you just copy and paste.

Pat

Lost and Found
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Anyone knows a good site with detailed explanations on machine language?
I guess it's too late to be of any help at this point but out of curiosity, assuming you mean assembly language, why do you need it? :wonder

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I guess it's too late to be of any help at this point but out of curiosity, assuming you mean assembly language, why do you need it? :wonder
For nothing in particular. I just wanted to learn more about it.

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
I see, nowadays machine instructions are so complex and compilers are so advanced that I'm not sure it's worth your time at this point but of course knowing the internals may also improve your programming skills in higher level languages. :nod

Taorero

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The msdn library is actually very good and very detailed when it comes to Microsoft Software.
And there is also cplusplus.com... That one is a very good one, tons of example and detailed info

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I see, nowadays machine instructions are so complex and compilers are so advanced that I'm not sure it's worth your time at this point but of course knowing the internals may also improve your programming skills in higher level languages. :nod
actually they're still useful depend on what you're programing on. Got a friend who studied electronic engineering, he code on microchips. His graduation project (thesis) was about an electronic house ( stuff like turning on the lamps and opening the doors from an android app) , he pretty much coded on microchips and installed them all over the house for that. So yeah for people in electronics or robotics assembly language is quite useful but for a casual software developers it's not useful.

Reactions: Pat

Pat

Lost and Found
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
True, I guess asm may be your best option when it comes to programming some relatively simple microchips, or in some cases your only option.

C is close enough to the machine level and so widespread that you can find all sorts of libraries and documentation, Taorero's suggestion makes sense in this regard.

scav

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
my browser at the end of the day, i hope i'm not the only one xD