Discussion - Devils Discussion Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Devils Discussion Thread

Daoloth

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Devils. It seems they are becoming more relevant. I wish that the Anti-Magic Devil is not as evil as the others. But soemthing tells me he wants to take all powers for himself, and destroy the current Devil system.

But we know nothing of Devils. Just so far they seem to be Evil incarnate, and what they do is cuase thier nature. Hopefully it wont be so Black And White. Meaning there is a deeper conenction there. Maybe its connected to negative mana
I posted something explaining Belial as ASta's devil but wasn't sure how to make it Theory or Discussion or whatever if really have interest in that... I saw somebody on here who is "banned" mention some stuff but must have been corrupted by 3E or later AD&D. Basically in AD&D or D&D 1st edition there was Devils who were Lawful, an ordered society, the ranking of Devils everything... Then Demons who were Chaos, in later editions they were Primordial as well so were not ordered even if they had many more. IN 2nd edition they have Blood Wars or something that really gets into detail if interested in that. I think the 1st edition was based on Dante's Inferno or something much like BC might draw from. Daemons in that were later called Yugoloths or whatever if recall, I guess you can call them "neutral" though they were more manipulative or thought to be the oldest ones depending. They also had like Demondoids or something where they were like 3 of them who I think were Gehenna or Tartares.

Its odd they released Fiendish Codex books that were supposed to be 3 parts... I own 2 of them I think, along with Book of Exalted Deed or Book of Vile DArkness something like that. I got a lot of the 1st edition stuff, every monster book except like one of the Planescape ones. Its odd for some reason they never did or released the 3rd one which was supposed to be the Daemons or Yugoloths. I wrote stuff for MUD related to classes/zones where have Devils detailed from remorting them to starting even Devilkin some of it based on Hellraiser with like Cenobites. Took a bit from Conan with the Stygian. I did a class based on ASta which called "Daemonaz" or an Invoker class where the Daemon uses the magic or stuff via the person over them actually casting the spells. In general they always want to gain entry into the physical world or body. They don't like to be summoned, always try to take advantage of contract etc. If read up on 1st edition stuff related to DEvils/Demons/Daemons including the original D&D it would probably help give idea about them in BC. Games Workshop had Realm of Chaos stuff which was pretty cool I own one of the books which had 2/4 of the Chaos Gods. Some real cool artwork if nothing else if like B&W stuff especially. I think Lost and The Damned is one of the names, other was Slaves to DArkness if recall off hand... I used to play Space Hulk this table top along with Blood Bowl and Advanced Heroes Quest back in day :).