Hangout - DGM Hang Out Thread | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout DGM Hang Out Thread

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I just realized that we don't have a Hang Out Thread.

Lets start one :luv

Welcome to the DGM Hang Out Thread! :D
Here can you talk about everything related to the wonderful D. Gray Man manga which isn't worth to start a own thread for. Chat with the other DGM fans here at Mangahelpers, meet new friends and have fun!

Just don't spam and be nice to each other, please.

MangaHelpers

Now Sentient!
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]6975[/split]

KitforKat

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi all,

I'm going to study in South Africa (leaving later today) for a few months, and I've been warned that there's no internet connection where I'm going, so I won't be around for a while.. :oh I'm dying to read the new chapter, but that will have to wait :gwah ... Unless I find a way :derp a desperate person always finds a solution! :fan

So I just wanted to thank everyone in advance for every spoiler, translation, Edited Manga or news about DGM provided here!! :super :worship You are all amazing, just like Hoshino the goddess!! :zomg :D

See you in May - or something like that :sexyarf
I've spent quite a bit of time in South Africa, and if you're in any sort of urban area, you should have internet. Even the small town where my grandma lives has internet and an internet cafe. But if you're in a rural area...you'll likely have less luck. Wish you good studying, and I hope you have some fun too! The Pacific's freaking cold, but the Indian Ocean is absolutely lovely! ^_^ You'll be missed! And forgive me if you've been before and this is all old news... (-_-;)

So we have Mana on the characters page, but not Nea? That seems odd. Well, hopefully, we'll get to learn more about both of them soon! Getting so close to the end of the month...

Jaymie

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: DGM Hang Out Thread - Part 1

2013 is Lavi's year. I can feel it!

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

we won't be getting a chapter... Theres a small line saying something at the toc's end.

Last edited:

shari07

Reaction score
Country
Thailand

@niko_kun : it means that we won't have new chapter for next month again,right!???
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! My dear hoshino.. You make me lost my power for next month:gwah

It's just normal thing for d.gray man fc I think XD:^_^
but who do you know what happpen with hoshino?

Ps.one thing that i worried is that d.gray man fc decrease., hahahaha

Last edited:

ketorin

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I seriously just got depressed :(

Oh well, I hope she has one next month! I love when it comes out on or around my birthday :)

Yeah, does it say anything about Hoshino?

Last edited:

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Maybe I should just stop reading DGM and come back once it's finished. Really, this is a pain.

shari07

Reaction score
Country
Thailand

@googlez_kun : I feel pain like you.........but it pains many times so I used to it XD

Think in good way....At least next month has only 28 days!!:derp
2 years ago..I think her health was good enough for work..
but what happen with her in last year??? /seriously :gwah

I think she sould has twitter or else for tell us what happen to her XD

Hope she wil be better soon we wait for her!!

AlphaIkaros

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Does Hoshino has a blog, twitter or FB account? I think she really needs to put one. We need a concrete source of info about her. :)

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Germany

@googlez_kun : I feel pain like you.........but it pains many times so I used to it XD

Think in good way....At least next month has only 28 days!!:derp
2 years ago..I think her health was good enough for work..
but what happen with her in last year??? /seriously :gwah

I think she sould has twitter or else for tell us what happen to her XD

Hope she wil be better soon we wait for her!!
The thing is, I'd rather read the whole thing than wait for bits and pieces. With every hiatus I get kicked out of the story. DGM is by far not the only manga I keep up with, so over time I forget certain details, which makes the reading experience a little worse with each passing chapter. That's why I'd prefer reading it in one go, when it's actually over. To enjoy it more.

Still not sure, though, as I don't know how I'll react to a newly released chapter. I'll probably end up reading it anyway. >__>

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

could somebody please translate what is saying about dgm on the toc image? ://

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

The thing is, I'd rather read the whole thing than wait for bits and pieces. With every hiatus I get kicked out of the story. DGM is by far not the only manga I keep up with, so over time I forget certain details, which makes the reading experience a little worse with each passing chapter. That's why I'd prefer reading it in one go, when it's actually over. To enjoy it more.

Still not sure, though, as I don't know how I'll react to a newly released chapter. I'll probably end up reading it anyway. >__>
Jesus christ, I know this feel bro. I have tried to quit reading DGM a while ago with the same mentality, but the method failed. I would have to leave MH site entirely to have a chance at being successful in waiting until the manga ends. Being constantly surrounded by the reminder that I haven't read the newest chapter isn't something I can just ignore. I'm stuck. :bored

Not to mention, I think there are still a few years left in the life of this manga, so it would be much too long of a wait. That's like reading the first four Harry Potter books and then saying, "I hate the wait between novels... I'll just wait until the series is completed and then read it all in one go!" Utterly impossible. XD

Sensei42

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Ah well this is nothing new. Over the months I've actually adapted to this choppy release schedule so I'm not that surprised. Wish Hoshino the best and pop in again next month~

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Ah well this is nothing new. Over the months I've actually adapted to this choppy release schedule so I'm not that surprised. Wish Hoshino the best and pop in again next month~
I feel like this too, I wasn't very surprised... lets just hope for the best xD

Zibi234

Reaction score
Country
Poland

so well there is chapter this month but no chapter next month (so april next chapter).... well its a pain to wait... but well at least we know tha there wont be a chapter beforehand... and it s not like we learn about it few days before shedduled release XD

personaly I will get the waiting off from my mind thx to this... and will be able to focus on something different...

Niko_kun

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

so well there is chapter this month but no chapter next month (so april next chapter).... well its a pain to wait... but well at least we know tha there wont be a chapter beforehand... and it s not like we learn about it few days before shedduled release XD

personaly I will get the waiting off from my mind thx to this... and will be able to focus on something different...
it'll be out in march not april :)

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

@niko_kun : it means that we won't have new chapter for next month again,right!???
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! My dear hoshino.. You make me lost my power for next month:gwah

It's just normal thing for d.gray man fc I think XD:^_^
but who do you know what happpen with hoshino?

Ps.one thing that i worried is that d.gray man fc decrease., hahahaha
we won't have this month chapter (feb) but we'll in march if everything goes alright :))

and I don't know what happened... is saying on the toc image but i dont know japanese :/

verduister

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13

we won't be getting a chapter... Theres a small line saying something at the toc's end.
I think the thumbnail is broken? It doesn't work for me. Could you reupload it?

tgirl

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

and I don't know what happened... is saying on the toc image but i dont know japanese :/
From what I can "squint" of it, it's along the lines of "D.Gray-Man will be in the next issue [of JumpSQ]". So, you're pretty much on the dot about what's to happen in the future, Niko. ^_^ Thanks for the small image! I had to go to 2ch to find the bigger one, but worth the tracking down. However, even that one isn't in a good quality. Some parts of it is blurry, but we get the picture anyways.

Poor Hoshino. She must've had another arthritis pain attack sometime this month. There are several natural ways to combat it, but the question is, is Hoshino doing anything to combat against her wrist pain? (Editor-san, get her to do some physical therapy every single day! That wrist needs to be well taken care of. :^_^ )

Well, there are other monthly (& bi-monthly) manga coming out soon so no biggie for me (at least). It's great to follow monthlies as oppose to weekly ones. The more patient you are, the better the story goes. Might as well re-read that funny post in the chapter discussion thread while at it. (People, keep your theories going! :D ) And suggestion to some of you impatient guys: play multiple long RPGs and take long outdoor walks on your spare time that'll make the time go even faster.

Edit: Here ya go, verd and anyone else, who want to see the image in its original size...

I think the thumbnail is broken? It doesn't work for me. Could you reupload it?

Last edited: