Round of 16 - Dimaria Yesta vs Ajeel Ramal | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Dimaria Yesta vs Ajeel Ramal

Which Fighter Advances?

• Dimaria Yesta

Votes: 35 70.0%
  • Ajeel Ramal

Votes: 15 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Voting Rules:

• This Battle is a 1 vs 1.
  • During Bo16, you'll be able to vote up to 24 hours after discussion ends.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.

Dimaria YestaAjeel Ramal

Discussion will end on: May 29th, 2016
Voting will end on: May 30th, 2016.

Last edited by a moderator:

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Di Maria will play around with Ajeel and low diff him once she had enough.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Di Maria will play around with Ajeel and low diff him once she had enough.
Nah m8 she ain't interested in guys :PPPP

Dimaria mid diffs

Last edited:

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Hey guys, first post on the forums (been lurking a lot tho), i decided to start posting on this tournament thing because it's been really interesting so far !

So, Dimaria VS Ajeel... I actually like Ajeel a lot and wished he was not destroyed by Erza/Jupiter so early in the war. But regardless, i still think Dimaria would win this 1v1.
However i don't understand why you guys think she will low diff him. Her Age Seal being banned from the tournament, what would make this battle so easy for her?

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Going with Dimaria but it probably wont be a low diff battle. First, sand world makes things a tad difficult and Mari doesn't have Age Seal here. If Ajeel actually gets to use Sand world, then Mari would be in a tight spot. Visibility is too low and Ajeel is too versatile with it to get hit easily. Still, with Chronos takeover and the ridiculous MP she has there, she can probably clear a decent amount of sand world. At latest enough to get hits. There's also age scratch which would probably near KO if not outright KO Ajeel. I mean, it makes the opponent feel pain equivalent to all they've had up to that point and considering Ajeel did get KO eventually, those attacks are enough to do the same or close to that.

Anyway, Mari's abilities mean she'll definitely win, but more of Mid diff because of Ajeel's sand world and his body. Ajeel also has pretty good durability. He did tank Natsu's punches and shrug off Gray's DeS Silver attack. Plus he deflected Jupiter with his hand. We saw TO Sherria deflect Mari's beam even though she was in Chronos form. I'd say Ajeel can tank majority of Mari's attacks. Age scratch is mostly the main thing here imo. Ajeel is too strong to get Low diffed

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
DiMaria, med diff... Wendy's Dragon Force couldn't down her and it took a Third Origin God Slayer to do it, and even then Chelia needed help. Age Scratch is more than enough to deal ample damage to Ajeel. Ajeel just doesn't have the feats to take down such an overpowered foe.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I think Dimaria will win this fight mid difficulty.She in her Chronos form can surely defeat Ajeel.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
The problem i have with this 1v1 is: I think Chrono-Dimaria can wreck Ajeel, especially with Age Scratch as you guys pointed out. But when Ajeel is in his Sand World, isn't he supposed to be untargettable? Or at the very least, very hard to catch? Would Age Scratch be able to track him down and target him in that Sandstorm?

I'll be honnest, Dimaria didn't impress me in her battle against the Sky Sisters, Age Scratch is the only thing impressive - aside from Age Seal which is banned. If she can't hit Ajeel with Age Scratch, i don't see her winning it. Also taking into consideration that in my opinion Ajeel's defence is higher than Dimaria's.
If she hits though, good bye Ajeel.

So in my eyes it all comes down to whether or not she hits Age Scratch on Ajeel despite the Sand World

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Without Age Seal, I don't really see DiMaria beating Ajeel. I equate her as around Erza level when she fought TO-Sherria. DiMaria would have better durability than Erza, but Erza has her beat in offence imo.

Ajeel's got decent durability himself, on par with DiMaria I'd say (though his feats are better imo). DiMaria's laser isn't hurting him. As far as I'm concerned, Age Scratch is a pulse type of attack, it hits hard for a few moments, and then goes away. The punches she can throw will do damage, but Ajeel doesn't need to fight her up close. If he's fighting DiMaria he won't treat her with disrespect, nor will he under-estimate her (like he did Erza). I think you'd see Sandworld quite quickly. I don't give DiMaria much of a chance when that happens.

Without Sandworld, Ajeel's still got Ant Lion pit and Sands of Death that would strike some problem for DiMaria. He can also assimilate with the sand, which can help him manouevre around the battlefield quite well.

So I'm picking Ajeel. DiMaria's tanky enough to draw it out a while, so somewhere in the medium to high diff range. She's without her best magic.

Last edited:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Ajeel showed that he has good durability/endurance. He also has Sand Body and Sand World - Once he activates/uses those two, he will be difficult opponent. Most of his moves have huge AoE, such as Sand World, Sand of Death, and Ramal Sayf, which are troublesome. Meanwhile, most of Dimaria's moves tend to be more "converging" such as Age Scratch and her laser. Her best move, Age Seal, is not allowed so I can't see her winning over Ajeel. I am going with Ajeel Ramal

Last edited:

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I actually don't see a way how Ajeel would have a chance to do even damage to Di Maria.

First of all, he would already take major damage once Di Maria activates her God Soul. This happens when she does:

This amount of power is already higher in AoE then Jupiter Cannon, which took Ajeel out (Nakagami Armor was more or less a non-factor).

Second, Ajeel won't even have a chance to use his spells since Di Maria would pierce him with thousands of lazer beams.

Since no one could keep track of this attack (including Carla's Clairvoyance), Ajeel surely can't as well. His reaction speed is pretty low, since he didn't even could keep track of a Jupiter blast which was fired from a long distance.

Third, Age Scratch will surely effect him before he cast such a high AoE spell as Sands of Death or Sand World.

This fight is given to Di Maria.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Ajeel wins. Easy. No one Dimaria's spell cant deal any damage to him, even her age scratch. Azeel cant be touched with any her attack.

Marche

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Di Maria, even if would be hard for her.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dimaria wins easy diff.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ajeel wins. Easy. No one Dimaria's spell cant deal any damage to him, even her age scratch. Azeel cant be touched with any her attack.
Please explain? If that's so then Erza (who is weaker than Ajeel) wouldn't even have been able to land a hit on him nor would Jupiter cannon

Ice devil slayer

Reaction score
Country
France
Dimaria wins mid high diff..i don't think she can easily beat ajeel..

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Without her Ace- timestop - she isn't putting much of a fight against sandman. She'd be pressed to just hit the dude. Her omnidirectional blast only looked pretty but didn't couldn't even cripple the little fairies she combatant. Sandman has superior strength, power, combat abilities, and a power which makes it difficult for a foe to properly fight him.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Ajeel does have nice durability but Age scratch can definitely take him out. Only reason someone like Wendy wasn't instantly KOed is because majority of the damage that age scratch inflicted were from pre TS when she was a lot weaker. For Ajeel though, we have attacks that actually Knocked him out a few chapters back so getting all that as once is pretty much a confirmed KO. It's debatable whether or not h has greater durability considering Dimaria took a DF kick to the face and was unscathed. Plus there's his sand body to worry about but these attacks did bypass all that so its not a matter her not being able to get past his durability not if her age scratch will actually hit. On that, when she uses her Chronos takeover, her attacks are apparently faster than can be tracked. Tbf though; TO Sheriia did intercept one of the beams so I guess it's reasonable to assume Ajeel can do so provided he's not distracted. Still, those are only secondary. Mari really just needs age scratch to hit. For his sand world, considering the fact that her MP in god takeover mode is ridiculous and that it's constantly destroying the area, if she flexes it enough, she should be able to clear some part of the storm. It's not like the sand storm in sand world is fixed; it's AoE is just too large for it to be fully cleared. Jupiter was able to pierce through and hit Ajeel. If push comes to shove, Mari could simply bait Ajeel into touching or coming close enough for her to use age scratch.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Without her Ace- timestop - she isn't putting much of a fight against sandman. She'd be pressed to just hit the dude. Her omnidirectional blast only looked pretty but didn't couldn't even cripple the little fairies she combatant. Sandman has superior strength, power, combat abilities, and a power which makes it difficult for a foe to properly fight him.
She would indeed have a hard time hitting him but is highly unlikely that she'd be unable to land even a single hit and she really only needs one: Age scratch

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
For Dimaria Yesta vs Ajeel Ramal, the match will be very close...
  • Ajeel > Dimaria [High-Extreme Difficulty]
Honestly, I have a tough time deciding as this battle can go either way. However, after fairly assessing both of their powers and capabilities, it seems like Ajeel will win here.

I'll start out with Dimaria. We know she only has two forms. Base Form and God Soul Takeover: Chronos. Additionally, we know Ajeel's Sand Body gives him intangibility to objects. So because Dimaria's sword in Base Form will prove to be useless, she will use her God Soul Takeover: Chronos. In doing so, she is restricting herself in being able to use 2 attacks that we've seen so far. Age Scratch and Laser Beams. Her laser beams were deflected by TO Chelia who is indeed Spriggan Level so Ajeel can do the same. Age Scratch is literally the only attack left and that will not incapacitate Ajeel. The purpose of the attack is to make her opponents vulnerable or susceptible to other attacks (like laser beams). Even DF Wendy managed to survive it. But because that won't work on Ajeel, she won't be beating him that easily.

Now I'll talk about Ajeel. We know we has the power to conjure a sandstorm using Sand World. However, Dimaria has a counter to that. Her MP alone gives her the capability to scatter the anything away from her which will also give her temporary visibility and a chance for a counterattack.

Not to mention, if that isn't enough, we've seen her use ability to transform that can blow away Chelia + Wendy + Carla + Surrounding Area with just a swipe of her hand.

Regardless, even if she can scatter Ajeel's Sand World, that won't help her win the fight. She cannot keep defending against Ajeel's attacks forever and her attacks that she can use on him is very limited (which is what leads to her downfall in this fight). To be fair, we know Dimaria has superior durability after not being affected by DF Wendy's punch. But DF Wendy is not Spriggan Level. Meanwhile, Ajeel is.

To avoid having to physically damage her since her defense is so high, Ajeel can use Sands of Death to vaporize the moisture out of Dimaria and leave her on death's edge. Maybe Dimaria has the speed to outrun Ajeel because she can fly at great speeds? Not a problem. Ajeel's Sand Golem will catch up to her and then he can use Ant Lion Pit or other forms of Sand Magic to immobilize her. I don't see Dimaria winning this. Normally, she wouldn't be countered this hard.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
If Ajeel is going to move the next stage and Di Maria won't, I'll lose my hope in this tournament.

For Dimaria Yesta vs Ajeel Ramal, the match will be very close...
  • Ajeel > Dimaria [High-Extreme Difficulty]
Honestly, I have a tough time deciding as this battle can go either way. However, after fairly assessing both of their powers and capabilities, it seems like Ajeel will win here.

I'll start out with Dimaria. We know she only has two forms. Base Form and God Soul Takeover: Chronos. Additionally, we know Ajeel's Sand Body gives him intangibility to objects. So because Dimaria's sword in Base Form will prove to be useless, she will use her God Soul Takeover: Chronos. In doing so, she is restricting herself in being able to use 2 attacks that we've seen so far. Age Scratch and Laser Beams. Her laser beams were deflected by TO Chelia who is indeed Spriggan Level so Ajeel can do the same. Age Scratch is literally the only attack left and that will not incapacitate Ajeel. The purpose of the attack is to make your opponents vulnerable or susceptible to other attacks (like laser beams). But because that won't work on Ajeel, she won't be beating him that easily.

Now I'll talk about Ajeel. We know we has the power to conjure a sandstorm using Sand World. However, Dimaria has a counter to that. Her MP alone gives her the capability to scatter the anything away from her which will also give her temporary visibility and a chance for a counterattack.

Not to mention, if that isn't enough, we've seen her use ability to transform that can blow away Chelia + Wendy + Carla + Surrounding Area with just a swipe of her hand.

Regardless, even if she can scatter Ajeel's Sand World, that won't help her win the fight. She cannot keep defending against Ajeel's attacks forever and her attacks that she can use on him is very limited (which is what leads to her downfall in this fight). To be fair, we know Dimaria has superior durability after not being affected by DF Wendy's punch. But DF Wendy is not Spriggan Level. Meanwhile, Ajeel is.

To avoid having to physically damage her since her defense is so high, Ajeel can use Sands of Death to vaporize the moisture out of Dimaria and leave her on death's edge. Maybe Dimaria has the speed to outrun Ajeel because she can fly at great speeds? Not a problem. Ajeel's Sand Golem will catch up to her and then he can use Ant Lion Pit or other forms of Sand Magic to immobilize her. I don't see Dimaria winning this. Normally, she wouldn't be countered this hard.
Her laser beams were reflected by TO Chelia because her reaction speed increased a lot. It's not very difficult to reflect them once you can see them. As for Ajeel, his reaction speed is pretty low. We saw him being hit by a Jupiter Cannon which was activated from a far away distance. We all know Di Maria's lazer beams move a lot faster. Ajeel will be pierced by them.

It's pretty obvious that Ajeel will be defeated by Age Scratch, since he'll feel the same pain he felt once he was defeated by Jupiter Cannon and Nakagami Starlight. His durability isn't increased since that day, since we haven't seen him yet.

Di Maria slayed DF Wendy and a God Slayer, while Ajeel had a tough time against Erza. DF Wendy is already more or less equal with Erza, so DF Wendy + Chelia >>> Erza. Since these two didn't had a chance to even do damage to Chronos Soul, Di Maria >>>>> Ajeel.

Seriously, there are so many ways how Ajeel will be owned by Di Maria. She could pierce holes through him with her lazer beams, she could defeat her with Age Scratch (which is a fact) or she would just make him surrender in fear once he feels her magic power.

Ajeel won't even have a chance to cast a single spell lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.