School - Do you agree with selling condoms in Universities? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

School Do you agree with selling condoms in Universities?

xLotusxSobax

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree that condoms should be sold at universities. As it was said before, you can't stop two people from having sex. So, would you rather those two people have protection from unwanted pregnancies, STIs/STDs, and other issues? I would.

As for the idea that a university is a place to learn, well, people will have sex anyway. So it goes back to my point, would you rather have protection or would you rather run the risk of becoming pregnant/gaining illnesses?

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
You know, a thought just crossed my mind. In my previous post i said that condoms should be given away for free. But if we look at the problem from another angle why not give pills away just like condoms. Condoms yes, but not pills?

I don't have to explain you the difference between pills and condoms. Fact alone that pills exist is enough.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, condoms are far easier to use, they don't have side effects (is there such a thing as latex alergy) and you don't have to wear one every day..... Can't be too sure about which one is mor efficient though, don't recall the numbers.... factors like smoking and drinking along with something like forgetting to take the pill can reduce its efficiency while a condom will always be as efficient as long as you use it properly (or you get a flawed one simply because no manufacturing proccess is 100% effective)....

Quantized

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
What a hilarious thread :D

Well I can't see any problems with it, I'm really not that religious, although I don't deny a possibility of God either.
Culture is culture, meaning, it came from the people in the first place. If the people change, then I think it's totally oki for the culture to change as well. The moment you try to control culture and the people, it stops to evolve or slows down atleast.

Whats the point with culture if the only value you got is to cling to old values..? For me atleast, to desperately hold on old values means that you don't accept culture as culture, but culture as a "law" to be uphold, which in my way of seeing it is denying the human to evolve and to be truly free.

So back to the main topic, condoms at the university..? Come on, whoever studies there are fully aware of how sex works, and also fetch condoms if needed. If someone try to send a signal to people outside the University then I think it's ok.

If people change, so will the culture, you shouldn't control people, and thus not control the culture.
Sending a signal, is not controlling, it's people's own choice if they think it's oki or not, thereby culture will change as a result of that.
Stopping a signal like this is the same as killing culture, the moment you "force" on it, the moment it stops to be culture.

In my opinion atleast :tem

eni

MH's Socialworker ٩( ᐛ )و ♡
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
You know, a thought just crossed my mind. In my previous post i said that condoms should be given away for free. But if we look at the problem from another angle why not give pills away just like condoms. Condoms yes, but not pills?
The pill is a medical intervention which strongly affects the body of the woman. Those should never be handed out without consulting a doctor first, not just for possible negative effects but also to explain the handling properly AND to choose the correct one for the girl in question. There are many different ones with different contents and it's not uncommon that the girl has to switch to a different product for better toleration. Personally I decided completely against it due to the possible side effect.

Ontopic: I'm a little sad the topic starter is relating universities exclusively to unmarried young adults. I'm 31, mother of two children and attend university. I'm by far not the only one in my major and pretty much every university here offers a kindergarten system for their students by now. Additionally dual, post-education, late and elderly studies become more and more important. In some majors, especially Master and PhD, you have more 30+ aged students than young ones coming fresh from school.

I live with my kids in a student dorm exclusively rented to families (students with kids), btw.

Last edited:

Quantized

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
The pill is a medical intervention which strongly affects the body of the woman. Those should never be handed out without consulting a doctor first, not just for possible negative effects but also to explain the handling properly AND to choose the correct one for the girl in question. There are many different ones with different contents and it's not uncommon that the girl has to switch to a different product for better toleration. Personally I decided completely against it due to the possible side effect.

Ontopic: I'm a little sad the topic starter is relating universities exclusively to unmarried young adults. I'm 31, mother of two children and attend university. I'm by far not the only one in my major and pretty much every university here offers a kindergarten system for their students by now. Additionally dual, post-education, late and elderly studies become more and more important. In some majors, especially Master and PhD, you have more 30+ aged students than young ones coming fresh from school.

I live with my kids in a student dorm exclusively rented to families (students with kids), btw.
True, it's the same here at my University. Even if I'm 24, I see a lot of people over my age having families and kids.
Also Denmark is not a very religious minded country in it's culture, so having sex before marriage is pretty normal.
Even if one came fresh from school, most people here would be 19/20 years old or more if they came directly from school. It's really not early to have sex.. Most extreme religious people would already be married --> sex at this age, and most none religious people would have had sex at this age.

It's the same thing that happen with women eating hot dots in early days, women had to hide when eating hotdogs because it did send a wrong signal :eyeroll
It was a huge taboo, but now a days, it's completely acceptable.
Which I think is extremely good btw, just in case anyone did misunderstand.

Same thing seems to be happening to condoms in various countries now, it's disturbing because it's something new, sending a "signal".

BakaHaze

Translator
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Yeah this is just offtopic, but I am laughing hard at how this is the only thread in [Study Corner] worth replying to...0___o
Like seriously, nobody has any math questions?? :XD

Jorge D. Dragon

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
alphabeta
We actually do have condoms for free in our universities.:) Not all the year of course, but still several times in semester you can get them for free in practically unlimited number.:) Also the funny thing is that those who handle this thing are little pretty teenage girls.;)

I actually totally pro this. You can't prohibit sex for teens, especially when they go to university and thus the best way to handle it is to inform them about safe sex. I would say it's government's responsibility.

rudorofu

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
During our orientation week for first years, they gave all of us a condom within our welcome bag. Some people don't take it seriously and laugh at the fact that the university or orientation leaders/organizers do that, but they do it for a reason. I'm pretty sure that the upper years have experienced many things throughout their lives at post-secondary and they just want the first years to be safe in whatever they're doing whether it may be sex-related or not. The matter of the fact is that it would be irresponsible for the university to not try and reduce the percentage possibility of students contracting STIs around campus through sexual interactions. In short, I think it's a rather good idea to be selling condoms; even better would be leaving them out for free at the health clinic on campus.

Quantized

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
During our orientation week for first years, they gave all of us a condom within our welcome bag. Some people don't take it seriously and laugh at the fact that the university or orientation leaders/organizers do that, but they do it for a reason. I'm pretty sure that the upper years have experienced many things throughout their lives at post-secondary and they just want the first years to be safe in whatever they're doing whether it may be sex-related or not. The matter of the fact is that it would be irresponsible for the university to not try and reduce the percentage possibility of students contracting STIs around campus through sexual interactions. In short, I think it's a rather good idea to be selling condoms; even better would be leaving them out for free at the health clinic on campus.
QFT, I agree.
Also another angle to put it, is that universities isn't interested in women getting pregnant while they study, so that they can reach success before they worry about getting a family.
Which is quite within the area of a University, to try promote it's students to continue their studies.

I know many women just take a break and come back, but not all, and certainly also a bad thing for the overall study if it happens midway, getting out of sync with your study, so to say.

Also on the note about pills, I think condoms are better due to the fact that the pills can be dangerous. It's rare, but not super rare... So why risk it, when condoms are perfectly fine?
Yes I dislike having condom on, but it's important in many ways.

zamieo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Yeah, they should, why not? People will still have sex, people will still buy condoms, but from other places. Maybe I´m rationalizing but still.

Quantized

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Yeah, they should, why not? People will still have sex, people will still buy condoms, but from other places. Maybe I´m rationalizing but still.
Aye, and also have to think that Universities have the right to preserve their students, female as male alike.
Having a child will put serious stress on your studies, illnesses as well for a fact.
It's very much linked to universities, imho :)

I agree it should be government responsibility, but also that Universities should have the right to do so as well.
One has to keep in mind that Universities is what drives our society, much more than most people realize.. It's basically the core of our society.
If they don't protect students, then, who will?

One way or the other, they will tell the government to give out condoms, or they can do it themselves, or both.
Sad thing is, most politicians can't think for themselves, they got other people to think "for them", and only thing these politicians are good at, is to look stupid on television and fill you with lies (you vote for the one who lies the least).. -_-

danzouismadara

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think they should be given out for free like they do in Thailand. You would be surprised how many people are willing to bang a stranger without a condom--which unfortunately sometimes leads to the spread of STD.