Does AFO really plan on having Shigaraki be his successor? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Does AFO really plan on having Shigaraki be his successor?

Cat Sidhe26

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Horikoshi never stated that Tomura could be saved as child and never as adult. His sentence was diffeeent. You still cant see the main problem with your theory ams can only insult me call brainless meanwhile you didnt provide any solid argument why "escaping Japan is an option"
What Horikoshi said in that interview meant that Tenko could have been saved but Tomura can not. Oboro can help the students escape Japan if/when he switches sides with the heroes.

ShenGao

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Please keep it civil.

Mallas26

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Are you familiar with the myth of Pandora and Pandora’s box?
Of course Pandora box is full of deseases and misery accorfing to myth
But we still dont know what Pandora box hides in bnha world.. It can be AFO quirk and can be smth different.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Of course Pandora box is full of deseases and misery accorfing to myth
But if we use the myth of Pandora’s box in Bnha then Ujiko/Zeus gives Tomura/Pandora Pandora’s box/Ujiko’s Pandora’s box which contains all the death, illnesses, and misery/AFO’s quirk (that’s if the Pandora’s box that Ujiko was created using AFO’s quirk or a duplicate of AFO’s quirk) that when opened would release of the evils/AFO’s quirk upon the earth again.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And remember Horikoshi has used Greek Mythology in series before so Horikoshi using Pandora’s box as another Greek Mythology reference is nothing new which makes me happy because I love mythology.

Mallas26

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
But if we use the myth of Pandora’s box in Bnha then Ujiko/Zeus gives Tomura/Pandora Pandora’s box/Ujiko’s Pandora’s box which contains all the death, illnesses, and misery/AFO’s quirk (that’s if the Pandora’s box that Ujiko was created using AFO’s quirk or a duplicate of AFO’s quirk) that when opened would release of the evils/AFO’s quirk upon the earth again.
Possible but i dont understand how it would work. As for me, Panfora box is smth else, it will bring misery and deaths but not with AFO. It can be smth more horror.
Interesting that you mentioned Greek myths. Bnha full of allusions on them,as much as Star Wars.
Hades was mentioned already and smth tells me Hades is AFO.
What makes me wonder of one thing?... but first i need to know more about Nana

nectar

Reaction score
Country
United States
I agree with you,but argue with one term. Shigaraki will not kill AFO. It was meant for Izuku, he will be the one who defeat "Great Evil".
As for Shigaraki, this shit going to direction that Shirakumo will awake and try to protect Shigaraki. Perhaps Shigaraki will have some crisis because of hurt of betrayal...Same shit Zuko had. And maybe Shiggy will become antihero. And like Garen Malek will try to defy AFO and his Empire. Yeah i am sure we will see dark AFOs Empire in future. And there will be two forces to defy his rule: Heroes (Deku and squad) and Antiheroes( Shigaraki and LoV and maybe othee villains or vigilanties).
Deku and Shigaraki are both on similar paths. Deku to become the greatest hero and Shigaraki the most powerful villain. Sure, the story built up AFO in the beginning because that's all All Might knew and AFO was the biggest threat. But, both Shigaraki and Deku will surpass their predecessors one way or another and as powerful AFO is, the gap between him and Shigaraki is closing, just like the gap between Deku and All Might.

Horikoshi did a smart thing showing us All Might VS AFO. We've already seen AFO get beat, and he was beaten by a One For All user (twice if you count their off-panel fight years ago). That chapter is closed but it doesn't mean AFO won't try to get back on top again. That's where the quirk singularity and ultimate being stuff comes in. I think AFO is building up to make a big play that will force Shiggy to kill him. Remember, both Deku and Shigaraki are on similar paths. I don't see Toshinori dying without AFO doing the same and the only one with the power and (eventual) desire to do so will be Shigaraki.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Possible but i dont understand how it would work. As for me, Panfora box is smth else, it will bring misery and deaths but not with AFO. It can be smth more horror.
Interesting that you mentioned Greek myths. Bnha full of allusions on them,as much as Star Wars.
Hades was mentioned already and smth tells me Hades is AFO.
What makes me wonder of one thing?... but first i need to know more about Nana

If AFO is Hades then who is Persephone?

Deku and Shigaraki are both on similar paths. Deku to become the greatest hero and Shigaraki the most powerful villain. Sure, the story built up AFO in the beginning because that's all All Might knew and AFO was the biggest threat. But, both Shigaraki and Deku will surpass their predecessors one way or another and as powerful AFO is, the gap between him and Shigaraki is closing, just like the gap between Deku and All Might.

Horikoshi did a smart thing showing us All Might VS AFO. We've already seen AFO get beat, and he was beaten by a One For All user (twice if you count their off-panel fight years ago). That chapter is closed but it doesn't mean AFO won't try to get back on top again. That's where the quirk singularity and ultimate being stuff comes in. I think AFO is building up to make a big play that will force Shiggy to kill him. Remember, both Deku and Shigaraki are on similar paths. I don't see Toshinori dying without AFO doing the same and the only one with the power and (eventual) desire to do so will be Shigaraki.
I hope we see AFO and All Might's first fight in flashback at some point.

Mallas26

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

If AFO is Hades then who is Persephone?

I hope we see AFO and All Might's first fight in flashback at some point.
We had the sane thought i wonder... i dont know why but when i heard about Hades i think avout Persephone. But i am not sure we will see Persephone ,according to myths Persephone was scary as shit. SHe combine in herself dualism of death and life. Death as Persephone ruler of underworld and keeper of souls/shadows. Life as kind and shy girl Kore,who loves her mother and bring Spring.
Any case if Persephone exists i believe it could be someone like that.
Greek people was scary calm her Persephone and prefer Kore because she was really terrifying

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
We had the sane thought i wonder... i dont know why but when i heard about Hades i think avout Persephone. But i am not sure we will see Persephone according to myths Persephone was scary as shit. He combine in herself dualism of death and life. Death as Persephone ruler of underworld and keeper of souls/shadows. Life as kind and shy girl Kore,who loves her mother and bring Spring.
Any case if Persephone exists i believe it could be someone like that.
Greek people was scary calm her Persephone and prefer Kore because she was really terrifying
Great minds think alike. Well Persephone is Hades’s wife so whoever AFO’s Persephone is his lover or wife.

Mallas26

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Great minds think alike. Well Persephone is Hades’s wife so whoever AFO’s Persephone is his lover or wife.
Yeah, but dont know who she could be if there is Persie shadow in bnha. Nana, she has kanji for "vegetables" in her name. But in Greek mythology Hades was in love with Persie very very much. Do Nana couldnt be Persephone... and at tis moment i have another thought that..

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, but dont know who she could be if there is Persie shadow in bnha. Nana, she has kanji for "vegetables" in her name. But in Greek mythology Hades was in love with Persie very very much. Do Nana couldnt be Persephone... and at tis moment i have another thought that..
The kanji for vegetables in Nana's name could be a hint to with Nana's quirk is.

Mallas26

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
The kanji for vegetables in Nana's name could be a hint to with Nana's quirk is.
Yeah i think that too. But in parallels to Greek mythology... only one goddess could assosoates with vegetables. And that makes me very scary. Very scary.

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah i think that too. But in parallels to Greek mythology... only one goddess could assosoates with vegetables. And that makes me very scary. Very scary.
Persephone was the goddess of the Spring so it could be anyone associated with Spring and greeny.

Mallas26

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Persephone was the goddess of the Spring so it could be anyone associated with Spring and greeny.
I am scary because in Greek mythology there was one goddes who assosiates with vegetables. It was not Persephone. But i hope it is only my imagination and fears. They will not coms true

Last edited:

Cat Sidhe26

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am scary because in Greek mythology there was one goddes who assosiates with vegetables. It was not Persephone. But i hope it is only my imagination and fears. They will not coms true

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I'd maintain that there is no way deku will be able to match shigaraki in combat within the few months left until shigaraki awakens. Shigaraki has ages of experience above deku when it comes to combat and a.. lets say troublesome quirk to counter. If it comes to that, and it will, deku will likely manage something out of sheer balls and plot immunity but overall he simply isn't a point where defeating shigaraki will be a thing. Shigaraki would have been beyond dangerous before his transformation... with the transformation there is no telling what he could become.

And... My read of the manga remains that shigaraki isn't really meant to AFOs successor. Nothing that has happened has really convinced me AFO is the sort of person who'd genuinely think this way. Shigaraki inheriting shit is at best the backup plan in case things don't go AFO's way. Any situation where shigaraki inherits anything in any meaningful way to me has some sith lord inspiration. You have a master and an apprentice... but how the apprentice gets to become the master isn't by just being given the title. The apprentice maliciously takes it by force and without prejudice. IMO OFA will eventually restore himself.... one way or another. At that point, when AFO stands triumphant above all else, if shigaraki wants shit he will have to target AFO and end him. I suppose I'd take shigaraki walking into tartarus and straight up killing AFO. But I wouldn't expect shigaraki to succeed.

Mallas26

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
As i said before , Shigaraki story very similar to Starkiller. What why i wonder Did Hori played "Force unleashed?"

I'd maintain that there is no way deku will be able to match shigaraki in combat within the few months left until shigaraki awakens. Shigaraki has ages of experience above deku when it comes to combat and a.. lets say troublesome quirk to counter. If it comes to that, and it will, deku will likely manage something out of sheer balls and plot immunity but overall he simply isn't a point where defeating shigaraki will be a thing. Shigaraki would have been beyond dangerous before his transformation... with the transformation there is no telling what he could become.

And... My read of the manga remains that shigaraki isn't really meant to AFOs successor. Nothing that has happened has really convinced me AFO is the sort of person who'd genuinely think this way. Shigaraki inheriting shit is at best the backup plan in case things don't go AFO's way. Any situation where shigaraki inherits anything in any meaningful way to me has some sith lord inspiration. You have a master and an apprentice... but how the apprentice gets to become the master isn't by just being given the title. The apprentice maliciously takes it by force and without prejudice. IMO OFA will eventually restore himself.... one way or another. At that point, when AFO stands triumphant above all else, if shigaraki wants shit he will have to target AFO and end him. I suppose I'd take shigaraki walking into tartarus and straight up killing AFO. But I wouldn't expect shigaraki to succeed.
One thing i cant understand. What purpose AFO has?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
One thing i cant understand. What purpose AFO has?
I don't think AFO has that much of a plan tbh. My guess is that he is in it for the power, for the greed, for the control.... When I think of AFO I think of criminals like el chapo or pablo escobar. People who ended up with massive criminal empires and made billions and billions and more billions.... At some point you aren't in it for the money, it's absurd. If you have a billion dollars then you are well past the point where more money improves your lifestyle. It wasn't the money, it was the power, the thrill, the control...