Question - Does Uvogin foreshadow Gon's future? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question Does Uvogin foreshadow Gon's future?

danzouismadara

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
In my opinion, I believe Uvogin has been the strongest enhancer we have seen in the story, and the strongest enhancer we will probably ever see..
As many of you may know, Gon is also an enhancer. Personally, I think Uvogin was meant to not only serve as a way to illustrate Kurapika's new powers, but also to layout the potential power Gon will have in the future. I think Gon will learn how to be as strong, or perhaps even stronger than Uvogin during the Dark continent arc.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't think he will be the strongest of the story, Gon will :hip. Uvo is just the proof that Enhancement attacks are overkill, there is surely an Enhancer among the Zodiacs too. Potential-wise, Gon is a genius. Uvo was good but he was only focused on Enhancement. As Biscuit said, it's better to master well the 2 categories near to your own as well.

I see Gon more like Phinks but Gon has more versatility than him.

KingOfNight

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Dude, YES! I always thought like that. Uvo is like an evil more powerful version of Gon.

Not only do they have a similar fighting style and Nen, they both also have extremely similar personalities(I think even Nobunaga and Franklin noted so). They are both prideful, selfish at times, wild, unpredictable and power hungry. Plus, they both fight best when there is someone to protect.

I imagine Gon being a good(and less badass) version of Uvo at the end of the Manga.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Overkill is a good way to describe Ubogin, and overkill is pretty pointless in HXH. As Machi pointed out, if the guy with the biting attack had deadly poison instead of paralyzing poison then Ubogin would've died immediately and that's that. HXH has a rather ridiculous balance of power. On one hand Reinforcement never loses, but on the other hand you can always win if you a some poisoned weapon on your side (assuming you're able to wound the other guy, but if you can't then you're just hopelessly outclassed anyway). You'd think a typical battle in HXH would involve 2 guys in a gas mask throwing poison grenades at each other, because that's a lot more effective than any crazy power you could possibly develop, but of course that's not what actually happens.

danzouismadara

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think he will be the strongest of the story, Gon will :hip. Uvo is just the proof that Enhancement attacks are overkill, there is surely an Enhancer among the Zodiacs too. Potential-wise, Gon is a genius. Uvo was good but he was only focused on Enhancement. As Biscuit said, it's better to master well the 2 categories near to your own as well.

I see Gon more like Phinks but Gon has more versatility than him.
Could you explain how one learns another category? The manga didn't really elaborate on that part too well.

thatguy3331

Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel like that's too much of a simplification and frankly Gon's smarter than Uvo. I don't think it's absolutley impossible given what we saw when Gon forcibly aged himself but otherwise... I think it'll be something else.

danzouismadara

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dude, YES! I always thought like that. Uvo is like an evil more powerful version of Gon.

Not only do they have a similar fighting style and Nen, they both also have extremely similar personalities(I think even Nobunaga and Franklin noted so). They are both prideful, selfish at times, wild, unpredictable and power hungry. Plus, they both fight best when there is someone to protect.

I imagine Gon being a good(and less badass) version of Uvo at the end of the Manga.
Glad to see that I'm not the only guy who sees the connection.

i wouldn't mind seeing Gon on Uvogin's enhancer ability level but with a tinge of a second category, in order to differentiate the two.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

I feel like that's too much of a simplification and frankly Gon's smarter than Uvo. I don't think it's absolutley impossible given what we saw when Gon forcibly aged himself but otherwise... I think it'll be something else.
Nobunaga.

kenosecon

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
I don't think uvo can beat even palm ;) and gon is probably stronger than him as of now. Not to mention transformed gon.

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Could you explain how one learns another category? The manga didn't really elaborate on that part too well.
First he is using Transformation and EMission so he must masters them to some degree. For Transformation there is for example the lvl 1 training which is to transmute is Nen into numbers and the lvl 1 and lvl 5 Emission trainings, Killua for example practiced the lvl 1 Enhancement training with Gon since it is close to Transmutation. There are probably 5 levels for each type but Specialization but we don't know them.

danzouismadara

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think uvo can beat even palm ;) and gon is probably stronger than him as of now. Not to mention transformed gon.
no. and transformed Gon was a very very very special case--which almost cost Gon his life.

In terms of raw power, Uvo would snap Gon's neck in a split second if his attack connects. You are really underestimating Uvo.

Kamen Rider Dragon

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Overkill is a good way to describe Ubogin, and overkill is pretty pointless in HXH. As Machi pointed out, if the guy with the biting attack had deadly poison instead of paralyzing poison then Ubogin would've died immediately and that's that. HXH has a rather ridiculous balance of power. On one hand Reinforcement never loses, but on the other hand you can always win if you a some poisoned weapon on your side (assuming you're able to wound the other guy, but if you can't then you're just hopelessly outclassed anyway). You'd think a typical battle in HXH would involve 2 guys in a gas mask throwing poison grenades at each other, because that's a lot more effective than any crazy power you could possibly develop, but of course that's not what actually happens.
Not really, when you have people like the Zoldycks who can become immune to poison. Chrollo tried that and Sliva barely flinched.

danzouismadara

Reaction score
Country
United States
Another thing that is interesting, Uvogin used his roar(sound) to attack the shadow beasts, and Gon used the same tactic (roar/sound) in his fight with the bat and owl chimera ants. Definitely not a coincidence!

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
First he is using Transformation and EMission so he must masters them to some degree. For Transformation there is for example the lvl 1 training which is to transmute is Nen into numbers and the lvl 1 and lvl 5 Emission trainings, Killua for example practiced the lvl 1 Enhancement training with Gon since it is close to Transmutation. There are probably 5 levels for each type but Specialization but we don't know them.
What Biscuit showed Gon and Killua was what she learned from Netero's Nen School on how to train and develop the different aspects of nen.

As shown Lv1 Study and practice was quite simple and the exercise pertained to the type of nen. However Killua was better at Gon than Enhancement lv1 training. In the long run Gon would be able to achieve higher levels and be much better for he can use it 100% while Killua is stuck at 80%.

With this in mind Uvo BBI attack ain't no Lv5 Enhancement training....Nor is Netero's Emission Buhdda Statue any low lv training number...The fact Netero gained the kind of power he did and wasn't the strongest nen user anymoree, shows that there isn't a Cap on the Level, just the natural % everybody is limited to..

But An Enhancer Gon's level isn't going to fair well again'st somebody like Uvo.......

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
What Biscuit showed Gon and Killua was what she learned from Netero's Nen School on how to train and develop the different aspects of nen.

As shown Lv1 Study and practice was quite simple and the exercise pertained to the type of nen. However Killua was better at Gon than Enhancement lv1 training. In the long run Gon would be able to achieve higher levels and be much better for he can use it 100% while Killua is stuck at 80%.

With this in mind Uvo BBI attack ain't no Lv5 Enhancement training....Nor is Netero's Emission Buhdda Statue any low lv training number...The fact Netero gained the kind of power he did and wasn't the strongest nen user anymoree, shows that there isn't a Cap on the Level, just the natural % everybody is limited to..

But An Enhancer Gon's level isn't going to fair well again'st somebody like Uvo.......
I am not saying that these training methods are the ultimate ones but that they are the methods to control your Nen type and categories near of it correctly for a novice. So, a good Enhancer with enough control of his Nen should be able to complete Level 5 Enhancement with ease, to use its Nen a its best, mastering the level 5 of the Transmutation and Emission categories are vital too. Biscuit can even achieve level 5 Emission with ease despite being a Transmuter. Once you achieved these tasks, I guess you just have to train your body, practices your Nen daily and using various methods of training depending of your fighting style to improve.

With his Enhancement mastery, Uvo could easily achieve level 5 Enhancement's task IMO but I am not sure for the 2 other categories.

Rezard

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Imho , Uvo is more like a showcase on how enhancement can become later. I don't think its related that much to gon's futur.
There's indeed somes similarites. The sound roar is a good example.

Uvo used it only for killing the beast with thoses hair shield.
Gon its a bit different, for the bat fight he mostly used common sense. Gon passed a lot of his childood in a forest or whatever. Increased his knowledge about that a lot and used sound against the bat.
Uvo died way to early in my opinion, its hard to know his "real strenght" the beast fight was merely a joke for him, and Kurapika is overpowered against the genei ryodan.
I see more Nobunaga mixed a bit with Phinx , than Uvogin as gon'shadow.

Riyuki

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dont forget... it was clearly stated that Uvo was waaaaay stronger when he fought with/for his friends. I always really liked knowing that... its rare to hear those words used against a *villain*

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
I am not saying that these training methods are the ultimate ones but that they are the methods to control your Nen type and categories near of it correctly for a novice. So, a good Enhancer with enough control of his Nen should be able to complete Level 5 Enhancement with ease, to use its Nen a its best, mastering the level 5 of the Transmutation and Emission categories are vital too. Biscuit can even achieve level 5 Emission with ease despite being a Transmuter. Once you achieved these tasks, I guess you just have to train your body, practices your Nen daily and using various methods of training depending of your fighting style to improve.

With his Enhancement mastery, Uvo could easily achieve level 5 Enhancement's task IMO but I am not sure for the 2 other categories.
Nen has 6 categories Everybody can utilize their Nen in the 6 categories but an Enhancer isn't going to be able to Materialize a Weapon with a crazy hidden ability, more like a bike to ride or a pen to write with..

It is a personal choice to explore the other Nen categories that aren't fully accesible to you. And if persued just makes you that much more of a nen master and a more versatile nen user.

You don't have to pursue these skills Biscuit made Killua and Gon do it because she's a flexible Nen users and martial artist her self and it was just how she was thought...

Also when creating a Hatsu you normally would want to incoporate more than 1 nen function.

So Gon simply has 3 Hatsu moves to choose from.
While Uvo only needs 1 Hatsu.

Imho , Uvo is more like a showcase on how enhancement can become later. I don't think its related that much to gon's futur.
There's indeed somes similarites. The sound roar is a good example.
EXACTLY!!

Uvo used it only for killing the beast with thoses hair shield.
Gon its a bit different, for the bat fight he mostly used common sense. Gon passed a lot of his childood in a forest or whatever. Increased his knowledge about that a lot and used sound against the bat.
Uvo died way to early in my opinion, its hard to know his "real strenght" the beast fight was merely a joke for him, and Kurapika is overpowered against the genei ryodan.
I see more Nobunaga mixed a bit with Phinx , than Uvogin as gon'shadow.
What Uvo did and what Gon did wass different.

Uvo defnitely died to early. Is there another Character you dare to say can take sniper bulllets or a RPG Shell With No damage while using Nen....Besides Netero I vote for nobody being able to tank a rpg rocket/ bazooka shell

Uvo used his Nen to strenghting his vocal cords and neck muscles then let out a point blank scream enhanced by his enhancer's nen, which resulted in the hairy duded ear drums n ish to mush.

http://www.tenmanga.com/chapter/HunterXHunter84/153209-18.html- Uvo was a beast but was used as Kuripca showcase of Chain Jail, to show if any of the other spiders get caught they are dead.

howdydodah

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Uvon fights with pure power in mind overpowering his opponents with brute strength with minimal effort. Gon's fighting style is in a way a bit similar still trying to over power an opponent but needs to set things up and uses a bit more complex technique like the jajanken trio hatsu. Uvon lives to fight and wants to be the most powerful fighter, Gon could be the same but he doesn't have that killer instinct, that brutish nature. So gon might progress differently. He might become the more sound nen user and combatant but not necessarily the more powerful one IMO.

Last edited:

shionoro

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I think Gon and Ubo are very different enhancers in nature.

Ubo is a pure enhancer who uses nothing else.
He comes, he punches, he smashes.
And he would not want it any other way. There is not really much strategy involved in his fighting style (which is not to say he is not smart, almost all hunters are).
The only thing he has to think about is how he can hit you, and that's it. Whether it is by throwing something, by shouting or by punching, that is all.
Because he is confident that if he hits, he won. He does not need to think about how he gets a 'big' punch in like gon, anything goes, because anything kills for most of his enemies.

With gon, it is quite different. There is a reason why gon uses emission and transmutation. Gon can be pretty sure that if his jajanken hits, he wins the fight, but he is not quite as fast and refined as uborgin. Ubo can use his big bang impact almost like a normal punch, while gon has to power up.
In exchange, gon has more versatility, he can feint and use projectiles to intercept.

Sure, gon could train enhancement only and possibly be able to use his rock as quickly as ubo can use his big bang impact, but ultimately ubo's lack of versatility was his downfall. He had no answer against kurapika's skills once he noticed kurapika is able to block his punches and then heal up.
Kurapika could kite him, and at that moment he had no chance anymore.
He might have been better equipped there if he had at least some other options than punching in his arsenal.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Uvo is a pure enhancer!! He's the staple of what a pure enhancer would become with just pure ability & no technique. Because technique isn't needed to use Enhancement efficiently.