Chapter - Dr. Stone Chapter 232 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Dr. Stone Chapter 232 Spoilers & Discussion

Midak

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Is this last chapter or the next one will be last?
The last, but apparently it was reported that there is going to be an extra chapter shortly before the anime special in summer. However, it might just be about events before the ending, I believe we don't know more at the moment.

lexx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Anime special? Is Byakuya's spinoff getting animated?

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
At first I thought female Senku was Suika 😂 😂 😂
Then who tf is her 😂 😂

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The fuck is that female senku?

I figured this could be the last chapter but...now that it's here is feels really lackluster. Taiju's wedding is... dunno, I stopped caring about taiju a long time ago. Post tsukasa every plot point around him was silly. I don't exactly mind the medusas as an enemy but in the end they didn't feel like much of a threat at all.

Seraph

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Finland
So that's it huh...it's all over? No more Dr. Stone...wow...i never really thought about what my parting thoughts would be for this day. I've been reading this series since it's 7th or 8th Chapter, for legit years, and now that it's all over it feels like hardly any time passed at all since then. It's gonna take me a little while to get used to not seeing any more of it in my weekly reads, it was always a favorite of mine.

I always enjoyed writing the Chapter Reviews for it and reading it too of course, it always gave lots of material to discuss and think about for me. It's plot had really drawn me in since early on, all in all it had quickly and very easily at that, become one of my most favorite Manga. I'm really gonna miss it.:(

Anyway, so the final Chapter provided a time skip and had Taiju get married to Yuzuriha in a 2-Day Ceremony haha. Not bad. The Final Invention is a Time Machine eh? It had to end with something like that being made. I was always wondering why the thought never crossed their mind before but perhaps that was because they lacked the resources and technology for it to even consider. Oh well, nice to see it happening now. :verily

Those Color pages looked fucking awesome though, probably gonna snatch a few and make something out of them sometime. As a Tribute of sorts. :hee
With all this being said, i bid you farewell Senku, Chrome and Co., It's been a fun journey with you all and my thanks goes out to the Author for making this fun Story. Respects paid.

Last edited:

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Good-bye, darling. We love reading you 😭🥰

Female Senku was just a coincidence 🤣
The time machine could allow for the spin-off the be canon somehow, I loved the wink by Inagaki via Xeno.

I kind of think Tsukasa would be a bit pissed off of everything went back in time like normal, but well, it probably won't happen soon on their timeline, so let them at least try 😂

Great chapter. Overall a nice, fitting and logical ending.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I like the little detail of them getting awarded after getting back down on earth. Iirc, the first people on the moon also got awarded once they got back down to earth.

About the current state of the world, I'm genuinely glad honestly. It would have felt heavily unrealistic if the world had gone back to what it was like in the 21st Century. Because the fact is that there are way too many statues that were destroyed back then. I'd even wager that currently the world population is less than 70% of what it was before. They revived as many statues as they could, but the rest were simply unsalvageable. Also, events such as Yellowstone erupting made some places outright uninhabitable, so I dont think that the world as it is currently can support a full population.

I also like the bit about Tsukasa realizing that the issues that plagued the old world won't be so prevalent in the new one. That, coupled with Gen going around being a form of diplomat shows that the world is still healing, growing. And that feels so much like our real world, lol.

The time machine is a bit of a weird invention though. Depending on how things work out, you could end up erasing Ishigami village/Treasure Island out of existence. But they didn't say they were sending people back in the past, just information. So basically we're getting something like this :p

Aside from that, the weddings were a very nice touch of fluff on top. Happy that we got some confirmation on the Chrome x Ruri ship as well.:XD

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I wish there was 1-2 more chapters as the shortcoming of the arc was the pace, which sidelined a good portion of the cast. A lot of time passed and many were in different parts of the world, and yet most were exactly the same and ofc my personal peeve, no design changes. Like the wedding felt a lil off, Taiju looks 14 and Yuzuriha still had her headphones with her wedding dress lol.

The color pages were excellent, my man Kaseki looked like a boss in that panel.

My favorite part was the unveiling of the time machine project and the science squad together. Like the small panel of them together with the cake, who'd have thought we'd seen Xeno bubbly like that compared to his intro haha. Back to the time machine, it fits with what the series is all about, human curiosity and pushing the boundaries of science. The concerns about the repercussions about time travel are valid, but Senku's goal has been to save everyone. Desire is the name of the game. I'm not sure how he'd do that without compromising the present, maybe an alternate timeline? But with the story finished, it isn't something to worry about :amuse

Overall, the series is a fun, educational, and enjoyable experience with a great cast and for the most part solid conflicts. I remember when I saw the S1 trailer, I was like, I'm definitely checking this out. I'm glad I did. :D

Buulord

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Damn, I’m gonna miss this one.

Definitely feel that last arc wasn’t ending on quite as high a note as some of the other ones but it wasn’t awful; The rest of the series was just that good. Seeing the beginnings of a time machine, I can totally see why the Medusa’s decided to peace out and bail on the whole plan. If the expression in the aerospace industry is “Space is hard” then time travel is just short of impossible. But we’ve seen the series tackle other seemingly impossible projects. I thought it was a nice touch to include another road map too, just about any one of those bullet points could have been an entire arc or two themselves let alone the entire build.

Would have liked a much longer final chapter to deal with more of our cast and what they ended up doing but I’d rather a series leave me wanting more than the other way around. Like I said, I’ll miss this one. Not many series can be educational and compelling at once and this one did that quite well. I’m excited (ha!) to see what the mangaka does next.

im.me

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm really conflicted with Dr. Stone ending, in one hand I'm happy because it was a great story with a satisfying ending, but on the other hand all my favorites mangas are ending, first Yakusoku no neverland and Kimetsu no Yaiba then Shingeki no Kyojin, and Boku no hero academia is also in it's last legs.

Man what I'm I gonna read now....

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So... is the implication here that senku's time machine causes the byakuya spinoff events?

Buulord

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
So... is the implication here that senku's time machine causes the byakuya spinoff events?
Maybe??? Doesn’t do the humans or Medusa a lot of good of that’s the case.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Maybe??? Doesn’t do the humans or Medusa a lot of good of that’s the case.
Welp, by the time senku wakes up he will be received by a hot android waifu so there's that.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
There's going to be one more chapter in the summer, but just wanted to get out something small before it came out.

About the final arc, I've mostly enjoyed it. There are some parts I wish we had gotten to see fleshed out more (The satellite invention, we didn't see a roadmap. We saw them make solar panels and it was just kinda....there in the end), and I also agree with Beno, it would have been better if we got a coherent timeline of things. Senku told the Medusas that it took 10 years for humans to get from the stone world to the moon, but I wish we saw some dates for the other events, such as the rocket lift off (Kinda like how we got a date when the Perseus set off for the first time out to sea). I also kinda wish the manga was longer, if we had gotten 2 extra volumes it would have ended at chapter 250. Which feels like a perfect number to me. 232 feels imperfect, and I like being a perfectionist :hmph
But in that regard, I agree with Buulord as well. This is probably the first time I'm reading a manga that I didn't want to end in its latter stages (Current MHA and Tokyo Revengers comes to mind). Ending right after the WM reveal would be like if AOT ended immediately they learned what was in the basement :XD I loved the WM reveal a lot, but I wish the manga did last a bit longer. Actually been feeling down since the last chapter came out, but I'm happy it ended on a high note.

Dr Stone in general was not really a mainstream manga, despite running in WSJ for 5 years. There were actually a few chapter threads on here that barely hit 10 comments, and I remember I used to feel a bit envious when I saw the likes of MHA and One Piece average over 100 posts with each new chapter thread. But after a while I started realizing that having a small, dedicated fandom isn't so bad. There's less toxicity, and the discussions while small, tend to be more grounded? Kind of like having a small clique in school of people you've gotten used to over the years.

In that regard, I wanted to thank the regulars in here who have made this community what it has been over the years. I had already thanked Demonspeed for being the one to make us spoiler threads all the time (I might have been a bit naggy about it in PM's sometimes, I hope I did not overdo it :p)

But aside from him, I also wanted to shout out the following members:

@Wookitake -I think you are the one member I have interacted the most on this section, I remember when we had both noticed the inconsistency in Xeno and Senku not recognizing each other's voices when they got to USA, and Inagaki proved us wrong the next chapter :Haha

@Seraph and @kkck -You guys have been with the manga since the early days, I remember when we were wondering how Ruri knew Senku. Those village chapters for them picking iron from the river seem a long time ago now, wow.

@Sanity Check and @BD_Beno - You two joined in the fandom later on, when were already in South America, but it was still very nice seeing your input in the chapter threads. Sanity, your science explanations did help me understand some of the inventions a bit more. Like the motorcycles they made powered with wood. Genuinely had no idea that was a thing.

@lexx , @Midak and @Buulord - You guys tended to chip in from time to time with your inputs and opinions over certain story elements, which were very much welcome.

I am not sure if all the tags work, there might be a few I am missing, but still, I wanted to thank you guys wholeheartedly. :hug

This has been my favorite manga to follow over the past few years (It's kind of exciting having discussions on a manga that aren't completely based on power levels), so if any sequel or spin off is announced (Fingers crossed), I hope we can continue being the stoners we have been this whole time.:nod

TL : DR, what I'm trying to say is basically :nerd

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
@Wookitake -I think you are the one member I have interacted the most on this section, I remember when we had both noticed the inconsistency in Xeno and Senku not recognizing each other's voices when they got to USA, and Inagaki proved us wrong the next chapter :Haha
We've talked so much about Dr. Stone over the last few years 😂
In regards to the number of chapters, at least 232 is a palindrome 😂

I too agree that the number of chapters was too short. Taking Xeno as an example, he was introduced on 150/151...less than 90 chapters ago! We could have expected something like 300 chapters or even more.

Anyways, it was a great experience, y'all are great :luv

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I didn't think Byakuya's little AI space robot actually had any pre-knowledge of the events, it really just was somehow smart enough to keep scavenging spacecraft.