Seinen - Dungeon Meshi | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Dungeon Meshi

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Chapter 46 is out.

Comedy, more reveals about the prophecy and Marcille :hearts.

Derghal must have chosen Laius's team because of Laius's love for monsters.

Y u m a

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
New chapter is out!!
The manga keeps getting better and better. About time it gets an anime.
This chapter was freaking hilarious. I laughed so much at Laius reaction to Marcille's familiar and her trying to control those familiars xD
Also, Chilchak has a family? I can relate to Marcille's surprise :blink
Next chapter will be Senshi's flashback, and it isn't going to be a happy one. Anyone else thinks that his group got lost in the dungeon for four years, and so they had to eat dungeon creatures to survive? The helmet guy was probably killed by the griffin. The others either were also killed or died by starvation, because I don't think any of them survived :(

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Great chapter. Chilchack has a family :o, surprising.

I don't even know I got surprised seeing them eating the Familiars. Even Izutsumi was fine with it.

Yeah, Senshi is probably the sole survivor of his team.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Chapter 49.

Great chapter, Senshi's backstory was sad, Laius was phenomenal and I love the moment with the team comforting the former.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Chapter 50.

Race change! I love Halfling Marcille but Elf Senshi is just hilarious. No chapter next month, unsurprisingly.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Attack of the mushrooms! I love that Elf Captain.

Can't wait to see them clash with the Mad Sorcerer.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Chilchack' backstory was interesting in many ways :XD. Besides Izutsumi who recently joined, the main character with the back that's the least fleshed out is Marcille I believe.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Relationship advice Marcille is fantastic.:XD

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Laius's first encounter with Marcille. I am not sure if Ryoko is teasing a potential pairing with this chapter or not... :notsure

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Laius's first encounter with Marcille. I am not sure if Ryoko is teasing a potential pairing with this chapter or not... :notsure
I hope so. :pleased

James Rye

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Anyone else thought "How are they going to cook Succubi?" when reading the title for the new chapter? No? Just me? XD
Gotta say though Chilchack's wife, or the supersexy version of her, is pretty damn hot, like daaaaaaaaaaaaaamn hot! And Marcille's Romantic version is just so insanely chunni and weird and unrealistic that I can understand why Chilchack was too busy laughing to shot his bow. But he paid for it by getting sucked by two hot fling women. Actually I don't think you can count that as punishment. :P
Now it is all up to Itzumi to save the group!!!

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Izutsumi VS Succubi! Curious to see what form they'll take, from the shadows, it looks like there were several faces.

Didn't expect Marcille to be into the prince charming type. Or is it? :lmao

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The Succubus took the form of a monster Marcille for Laius :XD. Not sure if this is a good thing or not for the pairing.

That discussion with the Winged Lion made me wonder if the manga is close to the end.

If I had to choose between brains and testicles I'd choose the former for sure...

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
The winged Lion was great. "Are you retarded?". What a greeting. XD

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So, Misurin is male... :o

I thought there was only one dungeon for some reason.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Misurn's story was interesting.

Dungeons are like a barrier against demons. If Laius hears about this he'll obviously wants to eat that goat :D.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
We're Monty Python now, lol. XD
Love it when Laius sounds so intelligent when he brings for sound arguments why Farlyn must be starving right now due her small mouth and throat not being made to feed such a large body. Same with giving his neck protection to their only revive/healer caster. Best part ofc was the whole "dungeon rabbit" scare just to see a normal rabbit, underestimate it and then get your windpipe bunny-karate crushed. That "We are so fucked"-face of Senshi at the end. XDDD
Fun fact those murder rabbits were hinted at in chapter 1 already:

Love how their "last big boss" before meeting the very last big boss is a murder rabbit which comes ala dozen of murdering rodents. XDDD

Yvain

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Marcille is one of the best female characters ever. Not a bag of fanservice. Not a cute pet. Not a lady in distress to be constantly rescued. Not a stock hero girlfriend/love interest. Not a fake "strong woman" whose only personality trait is to be a "strong woman". Not a genderbent version of a male character. Not a Mary Sue. Not a parody or a caricature.

She's a well-developed character with motivations and flaws and virtues and personality. A person.

Not to mention how well thought and well-planned the plot is! Kudos to Ryōko Kui! She should give J.J.Abrams, Rian Johnson, David Benioff and D. B. Weiss some writing lessons!

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
She is, And the Lion is EVIL!!! That face when she told him her desire, her wish is way bigger than Laius. Marcille wants to change the whole world, Laius would be content with a dungeon kingdom if he actually goes for it which I have a feeling he wouldn't because he cannot see himself as a king. Marcille's desire stems from her fear of being left alone when everyone of her friends dies before her due old age. Her being in such a situation where everyone died due the murder-rabbits just reminded her of that fear again and showed her how awful it is. As funny as her necromancy was with the dancing Chilchack and Senshi and the murder-rabbits, it was still very taxing on her soul as an emotional scar. I think Marcille would take the deal with the Lion demon whereas Laius would refuse it once said deal stands before him. Which is funny considering the Canaries are rushing to stop Laius from making a deal and not Marcille.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Just read Chapter 67. Loved everything about it!

Laius has never looked so serious. Can't wait for the confrontation.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, this confirms what we already all concluded: Marcille is a Half-elf and most likely the next target of the winged lion who was very cute and funny this chapter. Thistle's story is a tragic one, all his desires swept away lick by lick until only madness remained. Man, this final gonna be awesome!

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I never thought much about Marcille's origins. What were the hints that she was a hybrid? With his behavior in this chapter, the Winged Lion seemed like a good guy, it's strange... I guess she is an Elf-Tallman hybrid?

And damn, Thistle really activated his trap card this chapter, during the second half I was like "What, is it a woman?". Did his gender ever get confirmed? He is male, right?