Seinen - Dungeon Meshi | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen Dungeon Meshi

James Rye

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I never thought much about Marcille's origins. What were the hints that she was a hybrid? With his behavior in this chapter, the Winged Lion seemed like a good guy, it's strange... I guess she is an Elf-Tallman hybrid?

And damn, Thistle really activated his trap card this chapter, during the second half I was like "What, is it a woman?". Did his gender ever get confirmed? He is male, right?
Yeah, a couple. Biggest one was obviously the dream which Laius entered and in which child Marcille told her that her mother said she is running on a different timeline than others, like her father who died while she was young. It was implied that he died of old age as Laius aged after getting touched by the "monster" Marcille ran away from.
Then there are her looks like her rounder ears and eyes compared to the other elves. As well as her not being straight forward with her true age meaning she is probably younger than a real elf would be with her 20ish year old looks.

And yes, Thistle is a guy. Damn you, Elves! First the captain and now the dark elf jester! ;A;

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

Great page! :zomg The party tasted their own medicine this time :amuse.

The fact that Laius can nonchalantly treat his own sister like food is amazing...

Also amazing to see the balance between drama and comedy. Ryoko is really great.

Even Marcille's friends didn't know she was a hybrid. Her retort was funny but there is some truth in what Thistle said. She'd probably prefer to became a full Tallman, would fix the children issue as well.

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Man, they got their butts kicked instantly! Now Laius has to save this on his own next chapter.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Laius shows again how amazing he is. Surviving against dragons and capturing Thistle all by himself :hip .

James Rye

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Phew, Laius managed to survive his fuck-up after his talk-jutsu with Thistle failed or better said succeeded in the worst way possible. But only because Lion-demon ate all of Thistle's desires. Which was damn creepy. Like that whole digging into someone's body and the tiny waves when licking it while the body looking undamaged was just pretty unsettling.

Interesting that Thistle chose to revive Marcille which really helped Laius to recover all of his party. Now they were able to eat another dragon like it's a bird, Senshi got cooking PTSD, kittycat found a talking puppet and everyone got drunk. Plus we got to hear more about Marcille's dad and her life as an half-elf. Also this ending with her and Laius drinking could totally have the next chapter start with both of them in bed and be shocked about it, lol. XD

Yvain

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
I'm pretty sure that Thistle has merged his soul with Marcille's... he can do that, he knew he couldn't fight anymore, but he desperately wanted to escape and for somebody else to stop the Lion... so he gives his knowledge and power to Marcille, hoping she will do what he can't anymore...

I don't think Thistle can control Marcille or force her to do anything, he doesn't have the drive to do anything anymore, but his memories and knowledge live on inside Marcille and they can give her the edge she needs to defeat the Lion...

I think Thistle's influence made Marcille close the book without even speaking to the Lion... she might seal the book again, and try to use its power the same way Thistle did, rather than making a deal with the Lion...

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
These Lion faces were super creepy...

I'm pretty sure that Thistle has merged his soul with Marcille's... he can do that, he knew he couldn't fight anymore, but he desperately wanted to escape and for somebody else to stop the Lion... so he gives his knowledge and power to Marcille, hoping she will do what he can't anymore...

I don't think Thistle can control Marcille or force her to do anything, he doesn't have the drive to do anything anymore, but his memories and knowledge live on inside Marcille and they can give her the edge she needs to defeat the Lion...

I think Thistle's influence made Marcille close the book without even speaking to the Lion... she might seal the book again, and try to use its power the same way Thistle did, rather than making a deal with the Lion...
I honestly think she just did this because she was tired :XD. But it'll be relevant later of course.

Yvain

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
If I have understood it right, there are are two types of dungeons, aren't they...?

First we have natural dungeons, which are basically caves (either natural caves or mines or other underground structures) that are colonized by elementals (which are microscopic colonial lifeforms in the Dungeon Meshi universe). The elementals' mana helps the development of exotic plants like mandrakes, and attract simple monsters like slimes and walking fungus, which in turn attract larger predators, and whole ecosystems build themselves on that base...

It is hinted that, at least in the past, natural dungeons were nurtured in order to exploit the rare creatures living there...

Second, we have demon dungeons. These are underground complexes built to keep demon entrapped. There is something, some kind of barrier, that prevents the demon from leaving. I guess at the beginning these complexes were like wish factories: The dungeon's owners went down there and asked for wishes from the demonic prisoner, but they eventually realized the demons where nipping pieces of their souls, or maybe they just decided the risk of the demon breaking out was too big, and they left the dungeons, sealing them from outside.

Demons are the power source of demon dungeons, and they can reshape them at their pleasure. When lacking a dungeon master to feed upon, they just make stuff they think will attract outsiders: when having a dungeon master, they reshape in the image of the master's wishes while they feed upon the latter's desires...

Not sure if there is some connection or overlap between natural and demonic dungeons. It could be that natural dungeons were used as a base for demonic dungeons, like, wizards used the mana from natural dungeons to generate the anti-demon barrier and open the dimensional gate to bring the demon...

By the way, look at this:

Chilchuck remembered Marcilles's face perfectly because he is hot for blondes! :derp

Also, Laius liked blood-soaked, grimly determined, dark magician Marcille from when she resurrecter Farlyn the most...

Senshi, on the other hand, deep down thinks that Marcille is a scary evil magic user...

Last edited:

Yvain

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear

Dammit...! King Delgal's family was awesome, and their relationship with Thistle was beautiful before they found the demon... No wonder Thistle was so attached to them... he was an orphan who was basically taken in like a stray dog found on the street, but king Frinag became his father, and Delgal was his beloved baby brother who grew to be his playmate and later his big brother... and then king Frinag was murdered and poor Thistle entered paranoid mode "they killed my father, but nobody will hurt my brother...!" :biblethump

Yvain

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Elf: "Short-lived races are so lame! They die before they have time to really grow up! Elves are so much better!".
Half-Elf: "You know I can live twice as long as you do... don't you? From my point of view YOU are short-lived races...".
Elf:....
Elf: "HALF-ELVES ARE UNNATURAL ABOMINATIONS! I HATE HALF-ELVES! THEY ARE GREEDY AND STUPID! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"

Heh... so half-elves are basically super-elves, having magic as powerful as them, and twice a long life, plus they have human endurance and sturdiness (we have seen tallmen have far greater endurance than any other race... they are the only ones able to wear heavy armor, and they can fight and march faster and for a longer time in heavy armor than other races without armor...).

Also:

Now I can understand Marcille's mom... keep making half-elven babies, lady! If they are enough of them, they won't feel alone!

Last edited:

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Read several chapters in a row! I wasn't ready for Dungeon Lord Marcille! This manga is so good.

I think they'll probably need to bring Farlyn back to reason Marcille.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I can't believe Laios's favorite food is not monster related :XD.

Looks like eating the Winged Lion isn't even possible? Or maybe? Curious to know what Laios has in mind. At least most people know he is on their side now.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France

I love this manga :wtf .

Yvain

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Chapter 86 is out.

Elves keep being idiots. The Dungeon Lord wants to stop being so and help fix the mess, and what do elves do? They shout "we won't forgive you!"

Do they want to die and take the world with them, or what...?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I love how Laios always says the coolest things so nonchalantly.

I wonder, are they going to eat him from inside? 🤔

:love

Yvain

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Chapter 87 brings a ton of question...

The demon came to the world on his own... were the elves wrong about demons being summoned to this world by wizards, or, is it just him...?

How did he end locked in a dungeon? Did his worshippers trick him? Or, did they just wish it...?

Did the demon create all modern races by granting wishes to ancient people?

Did he destroy the world, or just the world inside the dungeon...?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Very interesting chapter. I never expected something like this when I started reading this manga.

Chapter 87 brings a ton of question...

The demon came to the world on his own... were the elves wrong about demons being summoned to this world by wizards, or, is it just him...?

How did he end locked in a dungeon? Did his worshippers trick him? Or, did they just wish it...?

Did the demon create all modern races by granting wishes to ancient people?

Did he destroy the world, or just the world inside the dungeon...?
Since they ended up worshiping him there are probably various legends here and there. He says he wants to reach the surface world so probably just the dungeon?

Here we are.... Dungeon Lord Laios...

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Good chapter with an interesting ending.

So Laios created a monster who would eat even him, the Dungeon Lord?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
What the hell!!

Is the Winged Lion finally defeated? :hmm

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I haven't been following this manga for a while and let me tell you that screen shot out of context really accentuates how weird this has gotten.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I haven't been following this manga for a while and let me tell you that screen shot out of context really accentuates how weird this has gotten.
:lmao You should catch up.

Looks like the end is near... Heartwarming reunion with his old teammates.

Eating Falin next I guess. Very interested to see how Sureau and Namari will react to that :Haha.