Discussion - Elite Ten Council | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
We have already been introduced to two of them, namely Erina and Isshiki, and both are very special and excellent in their own right.
What do you expect from the Elite Ten in the future? Is Soma going to take them down one by one, which would be rather clichéed, or will he even be able to befriend some, similar to Isshiki.
What kind of different personalities do you expect?

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
So what do you think of number 9 ?
Having a mean guy is good, he makes the pair with Erina. Now he not only remind me of the alumni Shinomiya in look but also in attitude. I hope the arogant guy will be defeated with cooking ability this time.

Leoat12

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The question is if the elite ten will participate in the Autumm Election. I don't think so, but maybe the finalist will battle with a Elite Ten.
I bet in a indirect defeat , though, like before in Mozuya, this will feed the rivality between them for a future battle.

In short, I think too early for a serious battle with a elite ten.

Eru13

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
The question is if the elite ten will participate in the Autumm Election. I don't think so, but maybe the finalist will battle with a Elite Ten.
I bet in a indirect defeat , though, like before in Mozuya, this will feed the rivality between them for a future battle.

In short, I think too early for a serious battle with a elite ten.
To begin with, the only one of the Elite Ten elligible for the Election is Erina since she's the only first year (remember the election is only for the first years), and I'm not so sure about that, maybe being in the Elite Ten already disqualifies her... (that hasn't been cleared up)
Also, I kinda think most of the Elite Ten members (except Satoshi and maybe one or two more) will probably be overly arrogant just like Erina and Etsuya are

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yeah, I forgot about the rules.
Maybe they all aren't arrogant like and Etsuya, but confident all them are for sure.
Will be this autumm election a gateway to the Elite Ten? How to get a chair in Elite Ten? Only challenge one of them and win? I'm curious about all this questions.

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Well I don't think they will all be arogant, that would be a bit repetitive. Also most of the alumni we have seen were quite friendly and I guess a lot of them where previous member of the council.

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Another elite ten members appear in the oneshot as Erina lackey. I'm not sure if that guy will carry over to the main series or not.

I think the silhouettes of all members is given there too.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Arrogance is pretty common in young people with great charges, but Isshiki isn't arrogant so there should be others, but I guess the common is majority arrogant. There is many types of arrogance, being too confident about their skills is one of them.

If there were a elite ten as Erina lackey he should have appeared already, I guess.
I did this question somewhere, but I put it here, too. I have curiosity about that girl that follows Erina everywhere, maybe she is a elite ten? Skill she centainly have, otherwise she wouldn't be Erina's friend.

Eru13

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
I have curiosity about that girl that follows Erina everywhere, maybe she is a elite ten? Skill she centainly have, otherwise she wouldn't be Erina's friend.
She's a first year, so just a lackey...

-Ken-

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
If there were a elite ten as Erina lackey he should have appeared already, I guess.
I did this question somewhere, but I put it here, too. I have curiosity about that girl that follows Erina everywhere, maybe she is a elite ten? Skill she centainly have, otherwise she wouldn't be Erina's friend.
He did already appear, but only in oneshot. Here, along with the shadow of other elite ten. It's just a oneshot, though, so the author might change his mind about them n the main series.

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u480/nipponanime1/One Shot/Shokugeki no Soma/10110.jpg

For example, Erina is not an elite ten member in the oneshot. She's just something above them there. She's even a class instructor.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
He did already appear, but only in oneshot. Here, along with the shadow of other elite ten. It's just a oneshot, though, so the author might change his mind about them n the main series.

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u480/nipponanime1/One Shot/Shokugeki no Soma/10110.jpg

For example, Erina is not an elite ten member in the oneshot. She's just something above them there. She's even a class instructor.
I know, this is what I meant, probably he changed his mind because if there were a ellite ten lackey of Erina he should have appeared in my opinion. Lackeys often stay with your "boss" much time. If he didn't appeared until now probably he doesn't exist.
Also, I don't like that idea, a Elite Ten subordinate an another.

Chingaruna517

Reaction score
Country
United States
Eizan was is? I have much anticipation of the Yukihira Genius vs the Tootsuki Alchemist some day. Though not sure if he can cook though....

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
He is the 9th seat of the Elite Ten and I think that he can cook, there is no way to rise ina cooking school so much without cook. Later they will have their battle, but it won't be in this arc, Elite Ten doesn't participate at Autumn Election by what we know.

ukimix

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
I wonder how the positions inside the Elite Ten are decided. Is there some order in it? I mean, is the number 9 better than number 10 and so on?

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I wonder how the positions inside the Elite Ten are decided. Is there some order in it? I mean, is the number 9 better than number 10 and so on?
With all conversations about elite ten until now we can understand that there is a hierarchy within Elite Ten. At least we can see that the 1st seat is the leader because always have that surprise when someone say that a person was 1st seat, we saw that in the recent chapter with Shinomiya.
We also know now that the elite ten has battles among them. Would it be for position? Probably we will only know when Yukihira enter in the elite ten.

For now, I believe that elite ten hierarchy is very well defined in the top, the 1st seat is really the best cook there. 2nd and 3rd seat are also clear, but from these the hierarchy begin to get a bit random.

handzon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I actually am kind of wondering how shun is going to play this out. It seems that Soma's most immediate rivals in the elite ten are Eizan (9th seat) and Isshiki :o I dont really see him battling Erina anytime soon, but as it stands they are in the seats above her. Leoat's right though... the hierarchy b.t seats the lower seats is very confusing @_@

MiniGust

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I actually am kind of wondering how shun is going to play this out. It seems that Soma's most immediate rivals in the elite ten are Eizan (9th seat) and Isshiki :o I dont really see him battling Erina anytime soon, but as it stands they are in the seats above her. Leoat's right though... the hierarchy b.t seats the lower seats is very confusing @_@
Well we don't know all the rules yet, but i think that maybe they have n° challengers ( I would say 10 ) that can do a shokugeki to get one spot on the elite 10, starting from the 10° to 9 ° to 8° ..... to 2° to 1° :hip

Mighty Action X

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
It's highly possible that one of the Elite Ten might be Gin's child.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Best E10 right here folks! Hope he moves on up in the ranks.

perroloco

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
With the current discussion in the Spoilers thread I decided to make this thread so we could talk about the Elite Ten positions, and how you think they will change.
I know we know virtually NOTHING about them, except for Terunori, and we know nothing about how they get elected once spots are open AKA once third years graduate, but I felt that right now is a good time to discuss this, even with the total lack of information..

To start predicting this, I will enlist what I consider the top 8 1st years, excluding Erina because she´s already Elite Ten.
If we go by the Autumn Election´s first exam results, the top 16 would be something like this:

1.- Alice 95
2.- Akira 94
3.- Soma 93
4.- Kurokiba 93

5.- Hisako 92
6.- Subaru 91
7.- Takumi 90
8.- Megumi 88

9- Shun 88
10- Marui 88
11- Isami 87
12.- Miyoko 87
13.- Mito 86
14.- Yuki 86
15.- Ryoko 86
16.- Nao 84

Now, in the final tournament the results were kind of different, but similar at the same time:
1.- Akira
2.- Soma
2.- Kurokiba
4.- Subaru
5- Alice
5.- Hisako
5.- Megumi
5.- Takumi

So, that should be the 1st graders´ top 8 (Again, sans Erina) correct? Well, IMO yes, and no.. I don´t think that many characters would join the Elite Ten (that would make 9 people from the same generation!)

So here´s the list of the people I do think would join Elite Ten (This is either at the last couple of months of their second year or in their third year):
-Akira
-Soma
-Kurokiba
-Alice
-Takumi

That´s 5 characters plus Erina making it 6 people from the same generation, which is kinda feasible, leaving 4 extra slots for people of other generations.

Now, maybe at some point the other characters such as Hisako, Megumi or Subaru will get to either fight for a spot or be in a spot in the Elite Ten, but I don´t see them being in the spot for long if they do get there..

Here´s the why.
-Megumi: She´s not really a fighter type, I don´t really see her every Shokugeking any other Elite Ten, so unless there is some sort of tournament to determine the new Elite Ten I don´t see Megumi having a Shokugeki to get a seat.
Also she has always been kinda like the weakest link, and I know there´s a cliche waiting to happen, like she becoming Elite Ten overcoming her weakness and stuff.. I just don´t see it happening.
Let´s remember that had she been in the other group with Marui and Shun, she would have tied for 8th place, so basically she´s at Marui/Shun level (if we go by those numbers).. Then again, she has plot armor going for her, so who knows.. But frankly I would say Marui/Shun have an edge over her.
Marui would probably want to be Elite Ten to get funds for his club.
Shun looks to be extremely competitive.

-Hisako: To be honest she has the potential to be Elite Ten and she probably will at some point, as Akira said she had always been trying to be second to Erina and that´s not the actitude to get to Elite Ten..
The way I see things she will probably want to have a Shokugeki with Erina at some point, if that happens she will lose, the other thing I can see coming is she having a shokugeki with Alice to see who gets to fight Erina in a Shokugeki, and again I see Hisako losing this one too..
So basically, is not that Hisako is weak per see, there are just stronger opponents.

Subaru: Ok, he beat Aldini... I don´t see him becoming Elite Ten, though he has the ´staple bad and scary looking guy´that every Top Ten list needs, but I just don´t see it happening..

That being said, is very possible there will be other 2nd years that have yet to appear in the story that also want a spot, heck, maybe even 3rd years? We don´t really know how many people graduate, so maybe people who flunk in 3rd year were very good cooks, who knows..

So, the way I see it, Soma will get a seat before the end of his first school year, slowly but surely fighting through the other seats maybe even since his first year, I can definetly see a Soma vs Tsukasa shokugeki, even if only a friendly one with Soma losing.
Other Shokugeki that I think will happen is Isshiki vs Tsukasa, with Isshiki winning and getting 1st seat... Thus becoming the opponent to beat for Soma if he wants 1st seat in his 2nd year..
I can probably see other 1st years fighting other Elite Tens this school year (As in Soma´s first year).

Here´s what I think will be the Elite Ten in the second year, at least at some point in the story.

1.- Isshiki.
2.- Glasses girl.
3.- Terunori.
4.- Bad glasses guy. (Eizen I think?)
5.- Erina
6.- Akira
7.- Takumi
8.- Soma
9.- Kurokiba
10.- Alice

Again, its too soon to be doing lists as we still don´t even know the process to choose new seats, but that would be my guess and I would also like to see other peoples´ lists :)