Discussion - Elite Ten Council | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

BaBYShiBa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
tl:dr the only way I see Megumi getting a seat is if in third year like 8 students from Soma´s generation get a seat.. Or maybe different students will get a seat in different times, e.g. Kurokiba gets a seat but gets challenged by Akira and loses the seat.. Stuff like that
Whatever it is, she'll get a seat, for sure. I think the author already showed us if someone like Hinako managed to get the 2nd seat, I wouldn't put it pass Megumi to be at least in the top 5 seats.

And we have to bear in mind the author's recent tweet, in which he said Megumi will have one personality, at least for now. I can see her develop into a character like Shirayuki (strong-willed/assertive, confident, & independent), from the series Akagami no Shirayukihime (one of my favorite Shoujo series atm! xD).

About Miyoko:I totally forgot about her, like I put her in the same rank as Nao (The scary looking girl, I think that´s her name, right?) anyway, to me they´re just filler characters, basically characters that were introduced to be beaten by Megumi and Secretary girl respectively, and I put Subaru in that category too, maybe the author will prove me wrong, though.. Who knows.

The problem still remains, I don´t see her beating the characters I have mentioned, AND she´s not popular, which is a problem, popular characters tend to get more screen time on manga, specially in Jump manga.. Megumi at least is very popular, but Miyoko isn´t.

Anyway, the character I see having the most possibilitElite Ten outside the top 8 is Ibusaki Shun, from what we have seen he really aims to be the best, looks mysterious, and he was popular at some point (ranked 10 in the first popularity poll), he didn´t get in the 2nd poll because of lack of screen time, Secretary girl got in the popularity poll and Shun got left out of it.
Nah, I think you're placing too much emphasis on the 'popular' thingy. Hisako herself wasn't in that category, till she got more exposure in the Stagiarie arc. Its a volatile thing, & can change dramatically with a single arc. And putting Nao in the same category as Miyoko? No offence, but that's quite laughable. The only thing that has going against Miyoko is her specialty, which is in the same category as the current 8th seat. I think every single E10 has their own individual & unique specialty, so having 2 similar ones may not be a good idea, in a narrative sense. We'll see.

But I do agree with you out of the rest of the PSD, Shun has the highest chance to be in the E10, from what we've seen of him, so far.

perroloco

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
@Babyshiba:
After giving a little re-read to the chapters where Megumi prayed and when she presented her dish in the preliminary arc, now I totally can see she getting a seat, i didn´t really pay much attention but even Isshiki saw her potential.. Again, it all depends on the execution, as in how the seats are given, if its something where all the students are forced to participate, sure Megumi could get in a high place.
I mean, if she beat characters like Alice, Kurokiba or Takumi I´d consider that an asspull, but it´s an asspull that will likely happen at some point in the series -.-

StingingNettle

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Initially, I thought first seat will eventually be Souma because that will show that he surpassed his dad. But getting the first seat now does not mean that he surpassed his dad because his dad was competing with Doujima Gin, the one who graduated with the highest score in history. His dad also dropped out and traveled the world. Currently, his dad is leagues beyond when he was second seat. Then again, him not getting first seat would leave most readers, myself included, with a bad taste when there was some buildup.

First Souma/Erina. Rest of seats: Up for grabs especially during year three.

Whatever it is, she'll get a seat, for sure. I think the author already showed us if someone like Hinako managed to get the 2nd seat, I wouldn't put it pass Megumi to be at least in the top 5 seats.
The only thing comparable between Hinako and Megumi are their character designs. It seems like Hinako was always carefree and easy going enough to even regularly troll Shinomiya. Sonoka and Jun are much better comparisons, and in my opinion, Sonoka was a terrible character to insert into the second seat. That whole indecisiveness of "I can't decide who is better" and then getting bailed out by Doujima does not suit an elite ten. The restaurant business has a ton of pressure so I don't even know how she could even functions.

At this point, Megumi has already used her antagonist, hometown, Souma, and friends card. I guess we'll see the fruits of her waitress card in her cooking soon. How she'll gain a new "personality" and take a seat in the elite ten only Tsukuda knows. At this point I can't even begin to speculate.

perroloco

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Exactly.. She gets too many changes just because she´s a main character :/
Anyways, the one thing that is needed to get in the Elite ten is cooking delicious food, so I don´t see how having a carefree and funny personality would deter from their cooking abilities, for example Kurokiba is kinda rude when in cooking mode, yet I don´t think that would give his food any less merits than the food prepared by say Akira who isn´t disrespectful.

Also, when you think about it, being an Elite Ten is just a step in a huge ladder, for example even Shinomiya who was 1 in his generation went to France, so here´s a question, do you think we will see something bigger than Elite Ten? After all Elite Ten is just a term used in Tootsuki.. Do you think maybe after a looong while we will see characters from other countries (Other schools) or stuff like that?

M4t1

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Hello everyone, its my first post, so i thought to introduce myself.

A few weeks ago the mangaka did a little Q&A on twitter and apparently doesn't know whether he will continue the series all the way to soumas graduation-he wrote that it all depends on how the characters interact with each other.

perroloco

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Hello M4t1, and welcome to mangahelpers! :D

Well, of course the mangaka doesn´t know if the serialization will continue after Soma´s graduation.. Right now the series is at like volume 15, and they´re still 1st graders, at this rate they will probably still be 1st graders until at least 5 more volumes I think..
I mean when you think about it a lot of Sport manga, which Shokugeki no Soma kinda is.. It follows a lot of the cliches and structure of Sport manga, most of the times the series end in their first year, Slam Dunk, Prince of Tennis, I think Eyeshield 21 all ended in their first year.. I do think that its likely that we will at least see Soma and company go to their 2nd year, to see them get in the ranks of the Elite Ten.

TyVip

Reaction score
Country
Mariejoa
Hello M4t1, and welcome to mangahelpers! :D

Well, of course the mangaka doesn´t know if the serialization will continue after Soma´s graduation.. Right now the series is at like volume 15, and they´re still 1st graders, at this rate they will probably still be 1st graders until at least 5 more volumes I think..
I mean when you think about it a lot of Sport manga, which Shokugeki no Soma kinda is.. It follows a lot of the cliches and structure of Sport manga, most of the times the series end in their first year, Slam Dunk, Prince of Tennis, I think Eyeshield 21 all ended in their first year.. I do think that its likely that we will at least see Soma and company go to their 2nd year, to see them get in the ranks of the Elite Ten.
First post here :p .

From what i've seen so far, the manga has lots of plots to expand the story .
The school starts in April, right now it is probably September-October . The Elite Ten just got introduced, so you can't really end the series without going into detail about the 2nd year and the 3rd year. Right now we only know about 2 3rd year.

After this Festival/Erina arc, i think we would go into an event where 3rd year and 2nd year have shokugeki to decide the next ranking ~ as well as ranking transition between 3rd year and 1st year. Remember Gin and Jōichirō got 1st and 2nd seats during their 2nd year . 3rd year power and history might be explain here .

I don't know if the author/artist decide to talk about the 93rd generation, maybe a few new opponents to challenge the 92nd's generation?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now from the Jump business standpoint, the manga is really popular in Japan . The manga is behind One Piece ,Ansatsu Kyoushitsu, and Haikyuu!! in Weekly Shounen Jump volumes sell . With Assassination Classroom, Nisekoi and Bleach possibly end in the next 1-2 year ( around 100 chapters or 10-11 volumes) . Shokugeki no Souma will probably not end during their first year . But that's just my opinion :)

Shokugeki no Souma going from *1,344,649 its first year to *2,644,122 to *3,292,339 with one volume left to conclude this year .

calimike

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I predicted Elite Ten Council ranks for Spring season:

3rd Year - 1st Seat Nene Kinokuni
3rd Year - 2nd Seat Satoshi Isshiki
3rd Year - 3rd Seat Terunori kuga
3rd Year - 4th Seat Etsuya Eizan
2nd Year - 5th Seat Erina Nakiri
2nd Year - 6th Seat Soma Yukihira*
2nd Year - 7th Seat Akira Hayama*
2nd Year - 8th Seat Ryo Kurokiba
2nd Year - 9th Seat Alice Nakiri
2nd Year - 10th Seat Takumi Aldini

* Soma Yukihira is likely to winning against Akira Hayama in a Shokugeki rematch before Spring season begin.

Judar

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is my list and prediction for the possible new Elite Ten:

1) Nene

2) Isshiki

3) Eizan

4) Terunori

5) Erina

6) Akira

7) Ryou

8) Souma

9) Alice

10) Megumi or Takumi

Sefirosu

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
Here is mine:

1/ Isshiki
2/ Nene
3/ Terunori
4/ Eizan
5/ Erina
6/ Alice (taste alone, her dishes were proven to be more tasty than the others)
7/ Akira (future 1st seat and Souma's biggest rival <-- I hope)
8/ Souma (similarities between him and Terunori)
9/ Ryou
10/ Takumi

I don't think Megumi can get in during the second year. Maybe she can in the third year. Hisako and Subaru do not seem to me to be interested in the Elite 10. Maybe a slot will be opened up if Eizan get kicked out or something ^^

Unnamed

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is my idea of the future Elite 10

1. Undecided (the fact nobody owns the 1st place makes it even more desirable)
2. Isshiki
3. Eizan
4. Nene
5. Kuga
6. Erina
7. Hayama
8. Alice
9. Takumi
10. Megumi

This leaves Souma out. But trust me this makes it more interesting. After all Souma is not the type of character that accepts a result simply because the circumstances favored him. If he wants to join the elite 10 he will do it the old fashioned way...The Shokugeki Way and earn his way to the top!

Hardbodied

Reaction score
Country
Canada
As of Second Year

1. Isshiki
2. Nene
3. Eizan
4. Erina
5. Soma
5. Hayama
6. Alice
7. Takumi
8. ?
9. ?
10. Random first year

I'm keeping with the idea that Erina wants to be the best of her generation, even though she would possibly beat any of the third years in a Shokugeki. For seats 8 and 9, I really can't think of anyone who could feel these seats. Maybe Megumi. For some reason, I don't feel like Terunori will still be around by the second year to be in the Elite Ten. I could be horribly wrong, but I'll keep my hopes up. Then the 10th seat would probably be a prodigy that enters the fray, and is used for future rivalries.

Demonspeed

Damegami
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Now that more conditions to join the E10 council have been revealed in the last chapter who do you think is the closest to become one among the first years?

Shokugeki record: Souma and Mimasaka should be way above the others, Alice and Ryou duel everyday but it's private.

Academic grades: Alice and Hisako are probably above the others, maybe Hayama too. Souma's grades are probably average.

Contributions: I guess Hayama(because of his work with Jun) and Alice(because of her researches in molecular gastronomy) have the lead.

Events: Souma aced all of them besides the breakfast one and maybe the stagiaire one with Hisako, I guess most of the others did as well but Alice lost to Souma at the Automn Election arc and barely succeeded at the MB festival, along with Hayama and Ryou. Takumi loss to Mimasaka but did was one fo the best during the MB Festival, I think he has the lead in this category.

I am pretty sure that Souma, Hayama and Alice are the three with the most chances to join the council but Takumi could be above them all with his stability. Megumi did nothing significant and Ryou as well, even though he's currently better than Alice as a cook.

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Just one thing to point out, Ryou should place higher in the elite 10 seats, merely do to the fact he and Hayama managed to do something epic
tie and end up in a triple threat against Soma, that was first time.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Now that more conditions to join the E10 council have been revealed in the last chapter who do you think is the closest to become one among the first years?

Shokugeki record: Souma and Mimasaka should be way above the others, Alice and Ryou duel everyday but it's private.

Academic grades: Alice and Hisako are probably above the others, maybe Hayama too. Souma's grades are probably average.

Contributions: I guess Hayama(because of his work with Jun) and Alice(because of her researches in molecular gastronomy) have the lead.

Events: Souma aced all of them besides the breakfast one and maybe the stagiaire one with Hisako, I guess most of the others did as well but Alice lost to Souma at the Automn Election arc and barely succeeded at the MB festival, along with Hayama and Ryou. Takumi loss to Mimasaka but did was one fo the best during the MB Festival, I think he has the lead in this category.

I am pretty sure that Souma, Hayama and Alice are the three with the most chances to join the council but Takumi could be above them all with his stability. Megumi did nothing significant and Ryou as well, even though he's currently better than Alice as a cook.
Based on what? Soma probably gets good grades as one of his professors is Chapelle and he's an excellent cook. Post Shinomiya fight, Megumi also gets good grades.

And Event wise Megumi was excellent during the breakfast round and made top 8 in AE (Also helped Soma beat Kuga on day 4 of MB). Where she lacks is in Shokugeki record and probably contributions (unless we find out she's a key player for the Local Cuisine RS).

But for now, none of that matters since Azami solely gets to make that decision and his criteria may be slightly different.

Demonspeed

Damegami
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Based on what? Soma probably gets good grades as one of his professors is Chapelle and he's an excellent cook. Post Shinomiya fight, Megumi also gets good grades.

And Event wise Megumi was excellent during the breakfast round and made top 8 in AE (Also helped Soma beat Kuga on day 4 of MB). Where she lacks is in Shokugeki record and probably contributions (unless we find out she's a key player for the Local Cuisine RS).

But for now, none of that matters since Azami solely gets to make that decision and his criteria may be slightly different.
You are right about grades, I forgot it was a cooking school. Megumi gets good grades now but it doesn't change the fact that her previous grades were so bad she would have been expelled with another bad one.

I am disregarding Azami's influence here, it's just speculation.

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
You are right about grades, I forgot it was a cooking school. Megumi gets good grades now but it doesn't change the fact that her previous grades were so bad she would have been expelled with another bad one.

I am disregarding Azami's influence here, it's just speculation.
Yea, her Middle School grades would hold her down, just like her Shokugeki record. But I feel the author wants to make her an Elite some point. Maybe she will be the surprise turncoat later down the road?

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think the 5th seat (sword guy) is a sleeping giant (literally), he might be the most OP member of the E10 and the only reason he doesn't have the 1st seat is because he is a lazy git.

Zatono

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Mind if I expand the scope of this thread a little bit? I was wondering why you guys think that Elite 10, well the 6 that voted yes, decided to vote Azami in as the new director? I can't imagine that they all really align themselves with his ideas like that.

JonDou

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Mind if I expand the scope of this thread a little bit? I was wondering why you guys think that Elite 10, well the 6 that voted yes, decided to vote Azami in as the new director? I can't imagine that they all really align themselves with his ideas like that.
This is my theory. As you might know, the Elite Ten, while they are attending Tootsuki Academy, have access to unlimited resources with which to expand their education; the best ingredients money can buy, expensive kitchens tools, rare recipes, staff to help them. I think Azami has offered to make those privileges permanently available to them after they graduate if they join his new "Circle of Demon Kings of Food" that he got kicked out of when Senzaemon banished him. It's the only logical reason I can see them voting to bring him in. Permanent E10 status, that's why I think Rindou was so excited about this new deal.