Predictions - End of Series | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Predictions End of Series

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
What happens to Yona, Soo-Won and Hak at the end of the series?

The dynamic between these 3 characters has been interesting throughout the story. A satisfactory ending for that relationship will determine how successful the conclusion of Akatuski no Yona is, in my opinion.

Soo-Won's status is the most speculative of the 3. Will he live? If so will he be King? Or will he die EoS?

Hak and Yona, being the protagonists, will be there right to the end. Will Yona return to Hiryuu palace?

@Aylinn

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
The dynamic between these 3 characters has been interesting throughout the story. A satisfactory ending for that relationship will determine how successful the conclusion of Akatuski no Yona is, in my opinion.
Yes, a good resolution to their relationship must happen for this manga to have a satisfying conclusion.

I think that Yona and Hak should forgive Su-won and some kind of reconciliation should happen.

Just to make it clear, when I say Yona and Hak should forgive, I don’t mean that they should forget and act as if nothing happened, which is something different altogether. It is more like they should move on and not stay bitter about the whole thing till the end of their lives.

Also, by no means do I expect that Yona and Hak should trust Su-won as they used to or for them to become friends as they used to be. By reconciliation I mean rather that they will be on speaking terms and nothing more, which I think is the most plausibly optimistic outcome for them. I don’t expect them to be friends again or to have the same kind of relationship like before the coup, because it is impossible.

Soo-Won's status is the most speculative of the 3. Will he live? If so will he be King? Or will he die EoS?
Su-won’s character started by defying expectations, one would rather expect an evil tyrant who eats babies for breakfast, so I think that killing him off, which is the most cliché resolution to his character, would be a terrible idea.

I think that Su-won should stay alive and remain the King. It surely would not be cliché, because most people, when they start reading Akatsuki no Yona, tend to think that Yona will take revenge and become the queen, so having Su-won stay as the King would defy readers initial expectations.
It only becomes apparent while reading that the story may be leading to something totally different.

Besides, Yona showed zero interest in ruling and has no knowledge in key fields like administration, politics, diplomacy, strategy and economics to be a good ruler. Su-won studied them, so he is simply much better qualified.

Hak and Yona, being the protagonists, will be there right to the end. Will Yona return to Hiryuu palace?
Yona and Hak finding out what they want to do with their lives. As for Yona, becoming the ruler will not be a good idea if she has no interest in administrative job, which ruling basically is, and she has shown no interest so far.

I think that being a ruler is not the pinnacle of happiness, so if she chooses something else, then that is fine.

Hak is trickier. However, recently Kusanagi has thrown at him some good bits of development, so maybe she has something planned for him. Returning to the Wind Tribe to take care of it and taking back the position of the Wind Tribe general? I don't know.

Last edited:

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I had written a really long ending in one post on another site but cutting it short here is what I want to happen that practically makes sense to me with also some nice emotions involved:

-Soo-Won remains as king. I strongly believe he is the "king" in the prophecy. I don't think he will die as then there would have been no point whatsoever to make him a good king.

-Prophecy says red dragon will restore the dawn at last - red dragon is Yona probably - she and her crew will probably protect Soo-Won at some point and play a vital role in defeating Kai. Once Kai is defeated Kouka is properly protected.

-Actually, it would be really nice irony if Hak is the one who protects Soo-Won (with getting some horrible injuries in the process for dramatic effect). It would show he has moved on and forgiven Soo-Won. And also that he is the one who wanted to kill Soo-Won but ended up protecting him. Would be cool.

-The three will reconcile - but like Aylinn said, not the friends they were before.

- Yona might be told by others to take up a place in the palace - to live there again - but she will decline saying she is now used to the life of an explorer. Maybe she will let the dragons have an option of going their own ways. The dragons might do that, or stay with Yona until they die - but also find wives etc on their explorations so they become one huge wandering family.

-Lily and Soo-Won will get married, and so will Hak and Yona.

Now this is the dramatic part of my ending:

-Lily and Soo-Won will have a child. It could be a girl with Soo-Won's clam personality.
-Yona and Hak will have a boy. It could be a boy with Hak's fiesty personality.

Then while Yona and Co are wandering, they suddenly bump into the royal party somewhere en route in the woods. There the two kids meet and play together.

Yona and Hak, Lily and Soo-Won think they are lost, so go to find them. When they see them in the woods, they go towards them and finally see each other after years. Yona and Lily hug and everything. Soo-Won is still a little guilt ridden by everything that happened years ago, but then Hak gives him a small smile and so does Yona - and he smiles back. And the kids grin at each other, promising that at least the future generation might have a close relationship that the three had once upon a time. Then they part ways, but the kids do keep meeting in the future (or maybe not?) that's an open ending.

So there you have it :P

Trjpyo

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I am personally not a fan of the split reincarnation theory in anycase. Let Yona be Yona and Soo-Won be Soo-Won. The only way their fates are intertwined are through the prophecy probably where Yona is the Red Dragon (hiryuu) and Soo-Won is the King.
Its just a feeling tho, i dont think soowons gonna remain on the throne for long. Yonas gonna rise up the ranks. The author is letting her have domestic and foreign allies(people in influential positions) and i cant but help ask the question, ‘what are they for?’ If shes gonna remain a commoner till the end of her life roaming kouka ala robin hood.

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Its just a feeling tho, i dont think soowons gonna remain on the throne for long. Yonas gonna rise up the ranks. The author is letting her have domestic and foreign allies(people in influential positions) and i cant but help ask the question, ‘what are they for?’ If shes gonna remain a commoner till the end of her life roaming kouka ala robin hood.
The thing is...If author wanted Yona to be put on the throne in the end, she should have made Soo-Won a bad king. Soo-Won and Yona so far have worked together to make Kouka a better place and once Kai is defeated what is left anyway? Might as well let Yona wander around as I doubt she would want diplomatic duties or be in the palace anymore.

Trjpyo

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
The thing is...If author wanted Yona to be put on the throne in the end, she should have made Soo-Won a bad king. Soo-Won and Yona so far have worked together to make Kouka a better place and once Kai is defeated what is left anyway? Might as well let Yona wander around as I doubt she would want diplomatic duties or be in the palace anymore.
That is SUPPOSING soowon isnt gonna die in the process- be it in the final battle with kai or somethin’.

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
That is SUPPOSING soowon isnt gonna die in the process- be it in the final battle with kai or somethin’.
Soo-Won dieng would literally be the biggest cliche in the world. I really hope that doesn't happen.

SamuelDean

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
I think she will have an important role, but I cannot see her as a ruler right now. She lacks too much knowledge and experience and she didn t even start to learn.
The souvereigns in ancient times were educated to rule the country since their childhood and Yona would have to gain a profound knowledge in order to rule the country.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Soo-Won dieng would literally be the biggest cliche in the world. I really hope that doesn't happen.
Yeah me too. If he stays on the throne or not, I would love to see this person happy, especially because he doesn t want it.

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I think she will have an important role, but I cannot see her as a ruler right now. She lacks too much knowledge and experience and she didn t even start to learn.
The souvereigns in ancient times were educated to rule the country since their childhood and Yona would have to gain a profound knowledge in order to rule the country.
Honestly life of a ruler seems sad. I don't think Hiryuu was too happy either being King, he just loved people so he was happy protecting them. Yona can keep going around the country as be a revered as a legendary warrior princess who helped the common folk and helped fortify the country and make friends with the neighbours (like Xing). She won't even have to be in hiding anymore.

Soo-Won on the other hand can lighten up a bit, and hopefully open up to Lily and try to be happier.

Trjpyo

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Gaining a profound knowledge on ruling the land is most ideal but i dont think this applies much in real life. I mean yeah the sovereigns in ancient times were educated but they often get killed and replaced by some guy who had way less education than your average royal. Were they effective rulers— yes.
I mean, even now, look at the governors and mayors, did they first have to acquire a profound knowledge and experience in ruling their state? No. ***Some are just degree holders in communications, previously worked as news anchor— absolutely nothing to do with public service. But are they just as effective? Yeah.

Last edited:

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Gaining a profound knowledge on ruling the land is most ideal but i dont think this applies much in real life. I mean yeah the sovereigns in ancient times were educated but they often get killed and replaced by some guy who had way less education than your average royal. Were they effective rulers— yes.
I mean, even now, look at the governors and mayors, did they first have to acquire a profound knowledge and experience in ruling their state? No. Some are just degree holders in communications, previously worked as news anchor— absolutely nothing to do with public service. But are they just as effective? Yeah.
I agree with this. According to me, knowledge does not relate to succession. After all, Soo-Won succeeded the throne not because of his knowledge, but because he assassinated Il. His knowledge was a plus point. Technically Yona is still the rightful heir. As for if she is ready - no she isn't ready. But I would say she has the aptitude for leading, which several people don't have so she already has an advantage. And if she sets her mind to learning, and with the right advisors, she could do a good job.

But I still don't want her to be on the throne.

Trjpyo

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
But I would say she has the aptitude for leading, which several people don't have so she already has an advantage. And if she sets her mind to learning, and with the right advisors, she could do a good job.

But I still don't want her to be on the throne.
An aptitude for leading and connections is what yona has. Yona gets involved and changes things.
***Even if you were just a communications graduate and a news anchor, with the kind of connections and access you have to influential people over the course of your career, this is gonna help you in your political career and maybe even the projects your gonna do for your state.

Last edited:

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
An aptitude for leading and connections is what yona has. Yona gets involved and changes things.
***Even if you were just a communications graduate and a news anchor, with the kind of connections and access you have to influential people over the course of your career, this is gonna help you in your political career and maybe even the projects your gonna do for your state.
Yup I agree. Yona has an important quality - to lead and inspire and most importantly - she makes people change for the better.

But this doesn't mean that she needs to be Queen to execute these qualities. Like I said, she could be a Legendary Warrior Princess and known as someone who helped make her country what it is today and protected it against invasions from Kai along with Soo-Won - and still goes around helping the common folk. While through most of the manga she never got credit for it, now that everything is revealed she will get credit for everything she does in the villages now.

The common man's hero. It's has a nice ring to it.

Trjpyo

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Yup I agree. Yona has an important quality - to lead and inspire and most importantly - she makes people change for the better.

But this doesn't mean that she needs to be Queen to execute these qualities. Like I said, she could be a Legendary Warrior Princess and known as someone who helped make her country what it is today and protected it against invasions from Kai along with Soo-Won - and still goes around helping the common folk. While through most of the manga she never got credit for it, now that everything is revealed she will get credit for everything she does in the villages now.

The common man's hero. It's has a nice ring to it.
The only time shes gonna be a legend is when shes dead— i sure hope she doesnt share hiryuus fate of dying at 25 or somethin’.

Its like u said, an aptitude for leading is not common. Yona has it and it’ll just be a waste if she doesnt use it. She’s gonna be more effective in helping the common folk if she takes up the position of king/queen, and that is not something beyond her reach.
I wonder about the common man tho... does saving a country(xing) from a potential bloodbath count? I thought the common mans problems were ‘what are we gonna eat today?’, money, job, family, etc.

~~~~
Wait a minute.... is it normal for our convo to be jumping from one thread to the other??? Bec i replied in the hangouts thread but the replies magically went to two other threads... hmmmm... weird...

Last edited:

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
The only time shes gonna be a legend is when shes dead— i sure hope she doesnt share hiryuus fate of dying at 25 or somethin’.

Its like u said, an aptitude for leading is not common. Yona has it and it’ll just be a waste if she doesnt use it. She’s gonna be more effective in helping the common folk if she takes up the position of king/queen, and that is not something beyond her reach.
I wonder about the common man tho... does saving a country(xing) from a potential bloodbath count? I thought the common mans problems were ‘what are we gonna eat today?’, money, job, family, etc.

~~~~
Wait a minute.... is it normal for our convo to be jumping from one thread to the other??? Bec i replied in the hangouts thread but the replies magically went to two other threads... hmmmm... weird...
See I agree with you that Yona would actually make a decent ruler if she is taught properly since she seems to have the natural assets for one.
After all, most of our contemporary leaders were more charismatic than anything else. Yona is really charismatic, truly cares for others, inspires change and more. Yona's group did help the common man in many ways - like restoring villages getting them out of poverty. Bloodbath, well lol, I don't know. I guess in the long run, the common man should be thankful for that.

Anyway the question is not should Yona be on the throne...it is..does she want it? I don't see Yona's character wanting it and since I like her character, I want her to take the route that will make her the happiest. So far it doesn't seem like taking the throne was or is anywhere on her agenda.

Also from a writer's point of view, it doesn't make any sense to make Soo-Won a good king and build him up as a good king just for him not to remain as king in the end or die. If he was your typical bad king, then it would make sense to let Yona take revenge and go to the throne. Also, I don't think Soo-Won is going to die because author seems to be building his relationship with Lily. All of that would be for nothing then.

SamuelDean

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Gaining a profound knowledge on ruling the land is most ideal but i dont think this applies much in real life. I mean yeah the sovereigns in ancient times were educated but they often get killed and replaced by some guy who had way less education than your average royal. Were they effective rulers— yes..
Please name one person that replaced a ruler and had no knowledge.

I mean, even now, look at the governors and mayors, did they first have to acquire a profound knowledge and experience in ruling their state? No. ***Some are just degree holders in communications, previously worked as news anchor— absolutely nothing to do with public service. But are they just as effective? Yeah
Personally I don t have no clue, who you mean. Basically most politicans have to know what they are doing and are by no means uneducated.

@Aylinn

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I mean, even now, look at the governors and mayors, did they first have to acquire a profound knowledge and experience in ruling their state? No. ***Some are just degree holders in communications, previously worked as news anchor— absolutely nothing to do with public service. But are they just as effective? Yeah.
Whether it is realistic or not is not as important in the story which is more governed by the laws of storytelling than realism.

Realistically Yona and Su-won can have a political marriage and this would end the dispute who should rule. However, this is a shoujo story, so there is no way that a shoujo heroine will marry for political reasons.

The same goes for Yona being the ruler. Would it be a satisfying conclusion to her development? She wanted to learn stuff that would make her a good warrior. She didn’t express any interest in ruling. She doesn’t have a vision for the country and has no plans how to make it better. She is not interested how the country is organized and how this organisation can be improved.

Basically, since Su-won is doing a good job and the generals, apart from the one from the Wind Tribe, are ok with him, how would she convince them that she is the better option? What would she say if they asked her about what she wants to do and how she wants get around doing it? What would be Yona’s answer? “Let’s talk about it later” ?

She may have potential and may be able to learn, but she is clearly not interested in doing an administrative job.

Her success, never mind that contrived, in Xing does not prove that ruling would suit her. In fact, as a ruler she would have to first and foremost think about her own country. Su-won did it. He didn’t care about Xing people so much, but he is the King of Kouka, not the King of Xing. Taking care of Xing and seeking the best solutions for Xing was Kouren’s job, not his.

Trjpyo

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Realistically Yona and Su-won can have a political marriage and this would end the dispute who should rule. However, this is a shoujo story, so there is no way that a shoujo heroine will marry for political reasons.his.
Shoujo or realism, there is absolutely no way for yona to marry her fathers murderer to which she was a witness of.

The same goes for Yona being the ruler. Would it be a satisfying conclusion to her development? She wanted to learn stuff that would make her a good warrior. She didn’t express any interest in ruling. She doesn’t have a vision for the country and has no plans how to make it better. She is not interested how the country is organized and how this organisation can be improved.his.
She may have potential and may be able to learn, but she is clearly not interested in doing an administrative job.
Its called filling the need. She wanted to learn warrior stuff because she was cast out and had to survive outside. There wasnt any need at that time to study ruling or what have you. Bec it doesnt make any sense to.
This also depended on how kusanagi constructed soowons character and how yona approached the whole ‘understanding soowon’. Accdg. To yona, the country is managed well so there was no need to learn the above mentioned stuff. If kusanagi had made soowons character differently, the story would take a different turn.

For a late starter like yona, gaining domestic and foreign allies for the (six months?) after shes been out of the castle is already a feat. Shes making connections fast and to influential people at that. As for the generals, gaining their support and trust takes time.

But i cant help wonder why the author developed yonas character from ignorant princess to game changer. If her character development is heading towards an upward trajectory, the throne would be likely.
I find it unlikely that all this development would have yona be a wanderer in the end. Its weird.

Her success, never mind that contrived, in Xing does not prove that ruling would suit her. In fact, as a ruler she would have to first and foremost think about her own country. Su-won did it. He didn’t care about Xing people so much, but he is the King of Kouka, not the King of Xing. Taking care of Xing and seeking the best solutions for Xing was Kouren’s job, not his.
If xing and kouka went to war, xing wont be the only one to suffer casualties. Human lives is also an important resource. If a ruler just deemed his uniformed personnel disposable, then there’s something wrong with him.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Personally I don t have no clue, who you mean. Basically most politicans have to know what they are doing and are by no means uneducated.
Sarah palin.

I never said uneducated. But i doubt a communications major knows finance, economics, foreign diplomacy, infrastructure development, etc.
you seem to be implying that before you enter politics you need to know everything there is to know about it as if you cant learn something while on the job.

Last edited:

Mini_kinkin

Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Please name one person that replaced a ruler and had no knowledge.
There have been several child kings placed on the throne upon early death of their predecessors.

If you read books about Monarchy, most of the job was being done by advisors while good Kings were mainly great orators and had to take the final decision.

But i cant help wonder why the author developed yonas character from ignorant princess to game changer. If her character development is heading towards an upward trajectory, the throne would be likely.
I find it unlikely that all this development would have yona be a wanderer in the end. Its weird.
Throne doesn't seem so appealing to me as a Yona fan though. Royals are always so restricted and stuff, has anyone here seen the TV series "The Crown." But many fans still want Yona to sit on the throne. Anyway that all depends on what Kusa wants for her characters.

Last edited:

SamuelDean

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Sarah palin.

I never said uneducated. But i doubt a communications major knows finance, economics, foreign diplomacy, infrastructure development, etc.
you seem to be implying that before you enter politics you need to know everything there is to know about it as if you cant learn something while on the job.
Yona is uneducated and has no basic knowledge.
and you have to know at least the basics for the job to be done.

Sara Palin was politically active since she was an adult. She studied at 4 universities. I would say a bad example.