Games - Epic Seven | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Epic Seven

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thought I'd make a thread for the discussion of Epic Seven my newest gatcha game interest.

For those who may not know what it is it's basically a really good looking RPG/Dungeon Crawler/Gatcha game. Designed to murder both our time and our wallets. But, damn, if it doesn't look awesome.

Kato756

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Ya boi

This game is a bit confusing at the start, but danm if it isnt beautifull

Its title as "Playable Animation" is not a overstatement

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm pretty far in now and I'm still learning a lot. Here are some things I've learned maybe they can help you or anybody else trying to get into the game.

Gear is important!

So in this game a huge chunk of your stats are going to come from gear but the way gear works is a little different. So every peice of gear can have 4 random bonus stats on it. This is the most important part of the game arguably. Because those bonuses can be huge. Far larger than set bonuses but they are random. Every time you upgrade a piece of gear 3 levels(max of 15) you get a stat bonus if you get lucky with those the results can be spectacular.

For example, I've got a weapon that adds 20% to attack and that's just one piece of gear. The stats you want to look for, depending on the character of course, are...

Stats that are great..
  • Attack % (Straight damage)
  • Speed # (More turns is always good)
  • Crit % (Awesome for damage dealers and
  • Defense % (For tanks and healers)
  • Effectiveness % (Likelihood of overcoming enemy debuff resistance, very imporant to some characters.)
  • Crit Damage % (But only on gear with Crit % as well)
  • Health percentage % (Mainly for units whose damage scales off HP)

Stats that suck.
  • Attack #
  • Defense #
  • Health #
All inferior to their percentage based counterparts. So with gear what you want to look for is 2 good stats. Higher rarity is better because the higher the rarity is the more stat rolls are on the weapon. Any Attack % plus Speed plus Crit % is probably the best in most situations so keep an eye out for those.

Six starring units is absurd right now.

There are some changes coming to make it less grindy somehow so I'd suggest holding off on doing that. Making five stars is bad enough. So I'm just sticking with 5 stars and gear until then.

Status effects are no joke in this game.

Poison Damage scales off maximum HP and hits through defense. (Awesome for killing bosses)
Defense Down strips 70% defense
Speed Down strips 30% speed
Speed Up adds 30% speed

These are massive tools when the game gets harder.

Don't look down on three stars.

Like FGO some low rarity units are amazing because what really matters in this game are your 3 skills. There is even less of a power difference here. The main difference is actually the amount of resources and time it takes to level them, as five stars need no promotions to get to 50.

Some three stars to look out for are..

Alexa (Poison based boss killer.)
Kluri (Good tank with an awakening that makes her great)
Hazel (Good healer with an awakening coming soon that will likely make her great)
Kiris (Poison based boss killer)
Lorina (Straight up DPS monster especially after awakening)

Last edited:

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
This game is also one of those games that I call "overly named", where everything is different just for the sake of being it.
That being said, and while as Jammin said it is grindy as fuck, heres my guide on how to level up your charaters

EXP
Exp is gained regulary trough battle. Join any guild at the start, since guilds provide bonus XP once per day

PROMOTION
The process of rising the number of stars of your character, giving them acess to +10 levels.
This is done after a unit is raised to its max level, and require you to sacrifice a number of units with the same number of stars as the one being raised:
For example
- 3* to 4* requires three 3* units to be sacrificed
IMPORTANT: THESE UNITS ARE NOT REQUIRED TO BE LEVELED. THERE IS NO BENEFIT ON USING A LEVEL 30 OR 1.

AWAKEN
This process gives your unit more status, and give one of their skills a new effect. It can be done once every 10 levels, and it is a linear path. Despite the image design, you can´t choose the order of your awakening. While the status gained might seem negligible, they really stack up. However, the skill buff tends to be really massive.
To do this one, you need Runes, that you can get from a variety of places. The more common one is the daily quest that can be found on the "Battle" section of the Lobby, with its type changing everyday. For the late levels, you will also need special catalysts that are often found in event shops.
-RECOMENDAITON: The bosses of the daily quests have a infuriating mechanic of buffing themselfes every turn. Go prepared in the higher difficulties.
-TIP: You can also combine 10 of a lesser rune into a higher tier one.

MEMORY IMPRITING
This is how you utilize the extra repeated characters you get. Going on the "Enchace/Promotion" on the character and selecting a character that is the same ( unlike the others, the selected character will be highlighted in orange. BEWARE AS THERE ARE MULTIPLE VERSIONS OF THE SAME CHARACTER, BUT THEY DON´T COUNT TOWARD M.I., IF ITS NOT HIGHLIGHTED IN ORANGE THEN ITS JUST A REGULAR XP FOODDER), and enchacing the character. This will make him/her give a team bonus, stacking up to 4 times (so, in total, 5 copies of one unit are needed), and can range from useless to game breaking if stacked.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just managed to pull a Kise as well Kato. Your luck must be rubbing off on me. Her skills look so awesome. Definitely a top tier badass waifu.:D

Also managed to farm up a Zeno from the raid event. He's cool but looks kind of like he's from a different game.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

These event promos looks so good.

--- Double Post Merged, ---

Did you manage to get the OP oppai goddess Luna @Kato756?

Your luck has been rubbing off on me big time over the last week. Got Luna 3 times on 50 rolls along with Clarissa and Sid. Got Aramintha on the daily summon. Got a second Baal & Sezan and Tamerine (which is awesome now that she's buffed)

Now if only I had 1/100th of the gold I'm going to need to level and gear them. It's a good problem to have but damn.. Waifu's are expensive.

Last edited:

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Just managed to pull a Kise as well Kato. Your luck must be rubbing off on me. Her skills look so awesome. Definitely a top tier badass waifu.:D

Also managed to farm up a Zeno from the raid event. He's cool but looks kind of like he's from a different game.

These event promos looks so good.

Did you manage to get the OP oppai goddess Luna @Kato756?

Your luck has been rubbing off on me big time over the last week. Got Luna 3 times on 50 rolls along with Clarissa and Sid. Got Aramintha on the daily summon. Got a second Baal & Sezan and Tamerine (which is awesome now that she buffed)

Now if only I had 1/100th of the gold I'm going to need to level and gear them. It's a good problem to have but damn.. Waifu's are expensive.

Dunno if told u about everbody, but I have pulled Cidd, (2x) Angelica, Axe God, Crimson Armin, +1 Destina, Karin, Yufine, Dominiel, Achates, Leo, and 2 Luna....

In 4 rolls. Shit, Luna, Shit, Luna.

I also did my first 5* awakening on Kise, and now working towarsds 6* angelica so i can do wyvern on auto

@Jammin

>Be me
>Get bodied trying 3* World 5-6 (only ranger is kiris and only fire is tenebria, outside of unleved achate and ras)
>Shitty moonlight summon + shit in FGO (come home old daddy shinjuku archer)
>Lets do a summon on Lidica banner
>First try
>THIS IS A MEETING OF THE STARS
>Twyinn

FML

I JUST HAVE WATER HEROES

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Heh, it's funny how this game tends to doll out a lot of units of the same element for whatever reason. For example all of my healers until very recently were fire element.

I've burned through what remains of my bookmarks going after Lidica without success as well. Though I built up a fair number of moonlights and managed to pull Doris (Buffer/Healer), Celeste(Light AOE Ranger), and Wanda(Dark Debuff Ranger). All 3 stars but I'll take it. I feel like Wanda might be my key to more reliable Wyvern runs.

Also managed to unlock Falconer Kluri and Commander Lorina. Both awesome units.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Very interesting :hmmI was looking here and there for a potentional new epic gatcha game, and this looks kinda fun. If nothing else, it has some major visual appeal, both in animation and graphics. I was considering Fire Emblem Heroes for some time, but i think i'll try this one out first.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Very interesting :hmmI was looking here and there for a potentional new epic gatcha game, and this looks kinda fun. If nothing else, it has some major visual appeal, both in animation and graphics. I was considering Fire Emblem Heroes for some time, but i think i'll try this one out first.
This is a pretty good one. If only for the visuals alone.

Starting is also pretty fun because they have a system where after you finish the prologue and clear mission 1-10 (takes like an hour-ish). You get a 10 summon that you can redo up to 30 times. Sort of like a built in reroll. Which allows you to start a lot stronger than in other games.

End game grind is pretty brutal though.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Damn this is tough, I just hit my 20th redo pull and got Sez who is a pretty awesome pull in the selective summonings, at least according to the community, but i was really gunning for either Destina or Angelica cuz of op healing. Also there are Sigret and Ravi as well which are top tier in the damage category. Will it be smart to take Sez, or should i go for my remaining 10 redos and hope i get one of those 4 i mentioned :hmm
A clear case of Kakegurui level of betting :heh

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Damn this is tough, I just hit my 20th redo pull and got Sez who is a pretty awesome pull in the selective summonings, at least according to the community, but i was really gunning for either Destina or Angelica cuz of op healing. Also there are Sigret and Ravi as well which are top tier in the damage category. Will it be smart to take Sez, or should i go for my remaining 10 redos and hope i get one of those 4 i mentioned :hmm
A clear case of Kakegurui level of betting :heh
Go for the character you want is my advice. If you have to reset and play the tutorial again, that's an option.

My starting character was Iseria. Not a choice people recommend but I'm in endgame now and I have no regrets. People recommend Sez or Vildred but I refuse to have a non-waifu so I passed over Vildred twice.

Summons are not super rare in this game like they are in games like FGO so you will have more chances too. But it makes it so much more fun early on when you have a character you really like.

Now I have a ton to pick from and you will too eventually,

Oh and I highly recommend you spend what summons the game gives you as you play on the Luna banner. Just my advice but she's limited and absolutely amazing.

The only 5-star character I reccomend you avoid is Yuna because you can get her for free eventually.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
After giving it some thought, and further investigation i went with Sez. He is pretty strong and has a pretty cool design. For now i will stick with him, in a team with Ras, Mercedes and the prince and gather as many rewards as i can (currently in the second region). That "plot" heavy dragon woman is pretty tempting.

Last edited:

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
After giving it some thought, and further investigation i went with Sez. He is pretty strong and has a pretty cool design. For now i will stick with him, in a team with Ras, Mercedes and the prince and gather as many rewards as i can (currently in the second region). That "plot" heavy dragon woman is pretty tempting.
Pro tip, unless you really like her, don´t invest on Mercedes.
Ras who is a tank-type unit outdamages her AoE with a few equips.

On the four unit front, two units I recommend everyone to invest is Silk and Cidd. They are amazing single target damage-dealers and combo quite well

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Thanks for the tip.
My current lineup is Sez, Ras, Mercedes and Angelica.
I did some research and am not investing that much stuff into Ras and Mercedes (mainly equipment, and i level them up here and there so that they are up to par with Sez and Angelica). For now they are working pretty well, but i will do need a good replacement soon, mainly a good tank and a unit for good aoe and buffing. I will watch out for Silk and Cidd

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the tip.
I did some research and am not investing that much stuff into Ras and Mercedes (mainly equipment, and i level them up here and there so that they are up to par with Sez and Angelica). For now they are working pretty well, but i will do need a good replacement soon, mainly a good tank and a unit for good aoe and buffing. I will watch out for Silk and Cidd
That's a really good team.

I would use Angelica as your tank if I were you. She's really good at that. Kluri and Lorina are two units you may want to look at to round things out. Or Silk. Cidd isn't a freebie so getting him is kind of RNG. He is a great unit though.

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Thanks for the tip.
Pretty much what Jammin said.

Angelica is used a lot as a tank, mine on level 60 with mid-to-end gear has 15k hp with 1.4k def, which is a lot.
This frees up one slot of your team to do whatever you want

But don´t worry much, Sez will carry you trough all of the history until world difficulty unlocks

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
To elaborate a bit what Kato and I are talking about with tanking using healers, as that's not a normal RPG strategy, in this game some healer's abilites scale of off of HP. Like Angelica's does. So to make the most of their skills you generally want to focus on HP and Speed and secondarily Defense and Resistance.

So for somebody like Angelica she's going to naturally turn into your tankiest unit. Because all the best HP increasing gear you've got is going to go to her for quite a long while.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Yep i think i got the jist of it :verily I knew Angelica was a superb unit from the research i did. So if she can work as a op tank as well, than i should slowly start looking for some op aoe and buffer units. Like you guys said i will look out for Silk and Cidd. The new banner with Charles looks like a good buffer as well :hmmwhat do you guys think

Kato756

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yep i think i got the jist of it :verily I knew Angelica was a superb unit from the research i did. So if she can work as a op tank as well, than i should slowly start looking for some op aoe and buffer units. Like you guys said i will look out for Silk and Cidd. The new banner with Charles looks like a good buffer as well :hmmwhat do you guys think
Charles is a very strong unit and that animation is top notch.

However, as of now, Green units are not that valuable because the most sought after equipment is the one from the Wyvern Hunts.
In the high rankings of pvp there are tons of blue units (aka DIENE) which are hard to fight against...

TLDR

Roll for him if you like him, he is cool and very usefull, but he prob won´t be in your team by very late game if you have some good blue units rolls

Oh and one more tip.

Don´t be afraid to spend some crystals into equipement/hero slots.

@Jammin did you see the new equip upgrading changes?
@Valhalla777 in case you don´t get it and also to help anyone else:

BEFORE:
Equips can have 4 sub-stats total (aka the things below the main stat)
Commons show 0 stats, Uncommon 1 sub-stat, and so on
Every 3 levels of upgrade (up to +15, so 5 chances), a new substat is added randomlly, and, after 4 sub stats, one of them gets upgraded.
Which meant that the better gear of all was a Heroic Grade (+4 sub stats at the start) since it meant more chances to upgrade, even if not all stats were beneficial.

NOW:
Equips can have 4 sub-stats total (aka the things below the main stat)
Commons show 0 stats, Uncommon 1 sub-stat, and so on
BEFORE ANY NEW SUB-STAT SHOW ITSELF, the already present ones get upgraded first.

What does this mean?

This means that while a litte bit weaker on the main stat, lower rarity equipaments now have some value, for example:

+0 lv 55 sword with crit chance+crit damage
vs
+0 lv 85 sword with crit chance+ crit damage+ atk %+ health flat

Upgrade the lv55 sword and you are going to have yourself a very good crit weapon regardless of what happens
Upgrade the lv 85 sword and you have a chance of getting all the upgrades into health flat, making it shit.

AKA

Weaker grade equipaments = lower risk, lower reward
Higher Grade equipmanets with good sub-stats = way higher risk but way higher reward

PS @Valhalla777 :
Dont invest on things with flat stats instead of %, unless its speed
THE ONLY WORTH BOOTS ARE SPEED-MAIN-STAT ONES. Seriously, speed is key to pvp and end-game
And in case you are wondering, the other unique main-stat is effectiviness on rings

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Ok, its getting somewhere.

Now i will have to slowly start looking for a good replacement for Ras. He is good for now, but i will need better, far better.
I do hear Kluri is the go to cheap unit thats actually pretty awesome (despite being a green unit), though there is also Falconer Kluri right.

As for the main story, i reached Iseria's homeland, chapter 5. I must say im starting to like the overall world, the characters are cool (Sez is best boi, and of course Bellona is best girl and top waifu ... now im wondering how to acquire her, she might even be a goo replacement for Ras cuz of her aoe and defense breaking skills .... i assume she is limited right ), i like the variety of the races, the story is ok with some cringe anime-esk moments but still has a final fantasy cool theme and feel to it, which i like.
I will have to slow down with playing for a bit cuz its a bit time consuming (plus i have other games to play as well + college of course lol), but i feel like im invested now. A very nice pick of a game.

Last edited: