Discussion - Escanor | Page 21 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Escanor

Zahvix

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Whole Escanor problem is more about not using the said weakness enough properly than Escanor being OP. Escanor was useless for 12 hours. It´s dumb from Nakaba not let demons attack only at Night especially when night power ups them.
Meliodas never had to be OP or stronger than Escanor if Nakaba would write it better than he would left it at Escanor is stronger during day, Meliodas during night. Perfectly balanced as all things should be :)

But in the end it was his massive obsession with Meliodas and Demon Clan in general. How Demon Clan did not stomp all other races in like five minutes when they had 10 commadments, Meliodas and Cusack and Chandler on their side? Mael is completely useless, Ruduciel got rekt by Zeldris, and Sarmiel and Tarmiel got one-shotted.

In the end it´s really shame after Bleach and Naruto another sh*tty ending.
Like I said before, Nakaba isn't a good writer. Escanor was taking more spotlight from Meliodas and the other Sins when it came to fighting the Ten Commandments because he was created to do so. Nakaba refused to properly use the night weakness because that would conflict with his need of keeping Escanor in the action. So yes, Meliodas had to be stronger than daytime Escanor in the end. Escanor in my opinion, was the starting point of problems with other characters and Arthur is the end result.

In fact, Arthur is pretty much Escanor's replacement now that I think of it. Which is sad, because Arthur is a bad character. I've already complained enough about his Gary-Stuness in this chapter, which is something not even Escanor or Meliodas had.

Ann Firestar

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I mean, that was always a one-sided rivalry created by salty Escanor fans because Arthur was "stealing his woman" (when Merlin was in love with a different person and only viewed him as some sort of son/tool to unleash Chaos). It was funny to see how they never interacted that much despite how much hardcore Escanor fans hated Arthur like if he personally killed everything precious to the Lion Sin of Pride.

P.S. I like Escanor more than Arthur, but some of the hate Arthur received was kind of dumb.
I consider my self as Escanor fan, and (at least from my point of view) it’s a little bit different... This rivalry is product of Escanor’s jealousy of how much Merlin cared about Arthur but most of a time didn’t even noticed him. And of course most his fans quickly became passive-aggressive towards Arthur. But not all, I must pinpoint. Not me and some other artist and fans. For long time (and still) in fan base was headcanon that when all will be over, all three of them be like true family (someone who know about main three in the Witcher should understand).
Yes, some was very salty (and very funny at this point) but some others was very sweet (sometimes too sweet...)
(P.S. okay, I’m sad right now... If that became canon, I’d forgave all “sins” this manga have)

Gladiolus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I consider my self as Escanor fan, and (at least from my point of view) it’s a little bit different... This rivalry is product of Escanor’s jealousy of how much Merlin cared about Arthur but most of a time didn’t even noticed him. And of course most his fans quickly became passive-aggressive towards Arthur. But not all, I must pinpoint. Not me and some other artist and fans. For long time (and still) in fan base was headcanon that when all will be over, all three of them be like true family (someone who know about main three in the Witcher should understand).
Yes, some was very salty (and very funny at this point) but some others was very sweet (sometimes too sweet...)
(P.S. okay, I’m sad right now... If that became canon, I’d forgave all “sins” this manga have)
Don't worry, I was never refering to you when I said "salty Escanor fans", just to the people who were angry with Arthur just because Merlin paid more attention to him and wished to see him dead for that. I know not all fans of Escanor are bad.

Ann Firestar

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Yeah I was also thinking that, at least 1-2 years from now since it's just in planning now so much more left after deciding and various other factors as well. So 1-2 years from now
If we’re talking about sequel that was planned ahead like Tokyo ghoul: RE, Boruto and FT:100q.
Then break between: ghoul and RE was month and Naruto and Boruto half of the year same for FT and 100q.
I think we talk about time somewhere in between this three.

(take into account that Boruto and FT:100q changed artist, and original author is responsible only for the story and only after the magazine said that they must do so. And Nakaba and TG author willingly started writing sequel that strongly connected to the previous one.)
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I am a totally ignorant about the whole arthurian legends so

Who's Gawain?
He is the knight of the round table who killed the "Escanor le Grand", who was raised by a giant and a witch and is said to be a very large man, our Escanor is based on him. He was said to grow stronger until noon when his strength began to diminish.
With Gawain, he shared both this power and birth date. And that’s why everyone sure that he’ll be his reincarnation.

Fun fact!

In Arthurian legends there was two Escanors. First this and other one is "Escanor le Beau", the nephew of the first, who was a handsome young man and eventually retired to a life of hermitage.
And in first drafts of NNT there were two characters that in the end formed Escanor (one old, wise and strong and other one, small, coward and was supposed to be his apprentice)

Last edited:

Ann Firestar

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I'd much rather have Arthur playing a more active role in the group over that. Though I wouldn't put it past Merlin to make a sort of baby-Groot clone of Escanor...somehow...or maybe a combo of Escanor and Mael(the idea horrifies me, but I can see Nakaba writing that).
Actually, I can even explain how that could happen.
So, we know Merlin, on multiple occasions, disassembled and fixed Gowther. Who is a doll made in impression of a dead person.
I think, by now she knows exactly how OG Gowther made regular Gowther, and may use this knowledge to remake Escanor. But name him different. (Actually I have even funnier idea, about why and who, but it’s veeeery shippery)
I have like 4 ideas how Escanor may be resurrected. (Sometimes metaphorically) I think I’ll write this later.

upd. I’m moved again... That’s funny because it’s always happens to me. 😅

Last edited:

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
That's the most legit assumption, and the safest and most probable one.

But now that you mention it, if the kid is gonna be a girl, there's another possibility that she and Tristan or Lancelot may share the same plot, like Mel and Ellie in NnT.

But if half of the knights are gonna be Fairy related, it's good to see more of sacred tree as the third god as well as a history of the fairy clan.
*Sad Sunshine Noises from the side*