Fun Thread - Eurovision Song Contest: Top Ten Game Eurovision 2023 [Countdown: Grand-Final] | Page 24 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fun Thread Eurovision Song Contest: Top Ten Game Eurovision 2023 [Countdown: Grand-Final]

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Top Ten Game: Eurovision 2023

Interim Round 89: Top 10 Eurovision 2023

Hello Europe! And rest of the world! This year Top Ten Game Eurovision 2023 edition will be played here in the Eurovision thread to avoid double trouble confusion in the main game thread. Here are some rules, in case someone new to the game stumbles in here, but also some notes our veterans, as the points go bit different here than in the main game.

Rules:
  • Send your list of Top 10 Songs from Eurovision 2023 to @Riku in PM
  • The songs will be given points according to the ranking. 1st pick 12 pts, 2nd 10 pts, 3rd 8, 4th 7pts, ... , 10th 1 pts.
    • You can use nation names in the list. For example 1. Finland (12pts) 2. Sweden (10pts), and so on. But you can also include artist or song name. Just start with the nation, makes it faster for me <3
  • Unlike in actual Eurovision, you can vote for your own country. I'm not going have anyone sending me photocopies of their passports.
  • In the end, all the participants points are tallied, and will be revealed starting from lowest to highest rank.
  • Deadline monday 8.5.2023 3PM UTC
Official Full Playlist of 2023 Songs:

Too busy? You can also just check the 20-minute roundup on top of the playlist and proceed with your picks/chosen listens from there.

[

Last edited:

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
My top 4 in top 7 :wtf

I'm counting for some surprises today, because 1st semi was pretty predictable :) Oh, and beware of "Poland" performance, rumors say it's cringe asf.
Definetly improvement from the nationals, but still meh and bottom of the barrel in the category of pop divas fierce dance breaks. And as much as I love 90s vaporwave, why here? This song was 0% vaporwave energy.

Gustaph was a positive surprise. And Joker Out was also nice. But now I'm going to sleep. Looking forward to Austria and Australia tomorrow.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Austria was still catchy and fun, but I wish the stage had been more interesting. Their presence was good, but kinda medium.

Australia had the most visually pleasing this far. Love the 80s synthwave aesthetic and that car was a beauty.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
7th

7th

Serbia: Samo mi se spava - Luke Black

33 Pts
@Linali (8) @Organizized (7) @Unikonna (6) @Riku (5) @Hermit (4) @Evil3ye (3)

6th

6th

France: Évidemment - La Zarra

40 Pts
@Riku (10) @Juviii (8) @Unikonna (8) @Organizized (5) @Erinyes (5) @Totinona (3) @Tatsumaki (1)

5th

5th

Armenia: Future Lover - Brunette

41 Pts
@Juviii (12) @Linali (12) @Erinyes (8) @Tatsumaki (7) @Totinona (2)

4th

4th

Austria: Who The Hell Is Edgar? - Teya & Salena

46 Pts
@Riku (8) @Faust (8) @Linali (7) @Totinona (7) @Organizized (6) @Unikonna (5) @Evil3ye (5) @Juviii (HM)

That leaves (in alphabetical order) Czechia, Finland and Sweden. May the speculations begin!

Linali

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
@Juviii gurl, what a taste :hi5

I fell in love with 'Future lover' from the beginning (I even forgave Armenia they made us wait for song's release for so long). Every sound goes straight to my heart and I feel like the lyrics are about me. And Brunette has great staging, I wish her top 10 at least :blush

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Austria live was much more meh than the vid clip tbh
Yeah the song is still good but it loses a lot of the charm without the video aesthetics. Also felt like some of the oomph in the production didn't carry through to the live performance.

That leaves (in alphabetical order) Czechia, Finland and Sweden. May the speculations begin!
Finland wins, the other two is uncertain I think, on this forum. But I'm still gonna be boring and say 1. Finland 2. Sweden 3. Czechia

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
3rd

3rd

Sweden: Tattoo - Loreen

47 Pts
@Organizized (10) @Hermit (8) @Totinona (8) @Riku (7) @Unikonna (7) @Juviii (5) @Linali (2) @Erinyes (HM)

2nd

2nd

Czechia: My Sister's Crown - Vesna

50 Pts
@Tatsumaki (12) @Unikonna (10) @Riku (6) @Erinyes (6) @Juviii (6) @Totinona (5) @Faust (2) @Organizized (2) @Hermit (1)

1st

1st

Finland: Cha Cha Cha - Käärijä

76 Pts
@Riku (12) @Organizized (12) @Evil3ye (12) @Totinona (12) @Unikonna (12) @Linali (10) @Faust (6)

Cha cha chank you all for playing! It's crazy, it's party! It is Eurovision!

Juviii

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Some Eurovision Zodiac:

Uk
- Mae Muller- Virgo

Germany - Lord of the lost:
Chris Harms: Aquarius

France-La Zarra- Virgo

Spain-Blanca Paloma-Gemini

Italy- Marco Mengoni- Capricorn

Ukraine: TVORCHI:
Andrii Viktorovych Hutsuliak: Pisces
Jimoh Augustus Kehinde- Libra

Croatia: Let 3:
Damir "Mrle" Martinović- Cancer
Zoran "Prlja" Prodanović - Sagittarius

Moldova: Pasha Parfeni- Gemini

Switzerland-Remo Forrer- Virgo

Finland: Käärijä: Libra

Czechia: Vesna:
Patricie Fuxová (vocalist): Libra

Israel: Noa Kirel: Aries

Portugal: Mimicat: Scorpio

Sweden: Loreen : Libra

Serbia: Luke Black : Taurus ( ofc the Taurus song is about sleeping xD )

Norway: Alessandra : Virgo

Albania: Albina & Familja Kelmendi
Albina Kelmendi: aquarius

Cyprus: Andrew Lambrou: Gemini

Estonia: Alika: Virgo

Belgium: Gustaph: Cancer

Austria Teya & Salena:
Teya: Aries
Salena: Pisces

Lithuania: Monika Linkytė: Gemini

Poland: Blanka- Gemini

Australia: Vogayer
Daniel Estrin: Sagittarius

Armenia: Brunette: Gemini (or Taurus: some sites say 4th May instead of 27th May)

Slovenia: Joker out:
Bojan Cvjetićanin- Capricorn

Copy Panda

Reaction score
Country
China
are we gonna group rant in the chat tn again :lmao

Linali

Reaction score
Country
Poland
I'm crossing fingers for Finland (since Armenia is rather without chance for winning), so I'm glad he won here :blush

Thank you for hosting @Riku and to everyone for participating. May grand final be fun and exciting for you all <3

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Thanks for hosting Riku ku ku, good luck cha cha cha, and enjoy the show everyone.

For myself, I got to say got couple surprises already, positively in terms of performance - omg how cute were the Slovenian guys :nosebleed and how fun the Hrvatski lol
And even in terms of songs, even found myself singing solo solo hahaha. Also serbia and moldova was more fun than what i remembered rating.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Finland
Slovenia
Sweden
Serbia
Undecided on fifth place right now but that's my top 4 based on the actual performances.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I actually like Germany a lot now. Finland, Serbia, Australia, Sweden to make it top 5. Belgium, Slovenia and France were great too.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Maybe I'm just tired of the Loreen hype, objectively I think her performance was the best but I like Finland and Slovenia more song-wise so.. \o/

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Also, I think we won't win. The oomph just didn't feel big enough. I think Loreen has this. La Zarra and Voyager black horses.

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
Voted Finland, Slovenia and Serbia. That's my top three. :cool:

Ohh i just relistened to Sweden again after saw her cashing all those juries lol... It's actually good hahaha. I know I'm slow, but i didn't remember the song at all so mega slow burn for me, definitely a grower. Let's see if she gets it a second time.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
The Käärijä chanting at the arena is heart breaking.

Its not possible to catch Loreen anymore.

Congrats Sweden. Well done Loreen

But we know who the real winner is. Audience support was amazing and our green boy did us proud.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
When Käärijä got that amount of televote points my heart started beating pretty fast, ngl. :XD But the juries really sunk him, unfortunately.

Anyway, congrats us. Honestly think Cornelia last year had a song more deserving to win than Loreen, BUT I also dont think Loreen would've won if the overall competition was as strong as last year... this year was definitely much weaker across the board, imo.

Wonder if people will stop voting for us forever now that we've caught up to Ireland. :XD