Fun Thread - Eurovision Song Contest: Top Ten Game Eurovision 2023 [Countdown: Grand-Final] | Page 25 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fun Thread Eurovision Song Contest: Top Ten Game Eurovision 2023 [Countdown: Grand-Final]

Riku

Dirty Blonde
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Top Ten Game: Eurovision 2023

Interim Round 89: Top 10 Eurovision 2023

Hello Europe! And rest of the world! This year Top Ten Game Eurovision 2023 edition will be played here in the Eurovision thread to avoid double trouble confusion in the main game thread. Here are some rules, in case someone new to the game stumbles in here, but also some notes our veterans, as the points go bit different here than in the main game.

Rules:
  • Send your list of Top 10 Songs from Eurovision 2023 to @Riku in PM
  • The songs will be given points according to the ranking. 1st pick 12 pts, 2nd 10 pts, 3rd 8, 4th 7pts, ... , 10th 1 pts.
    • You can use nation names in the list. For example 1. Finland (12pts) 2. Sweden (10pts), and so on. But you can also include artist or song name. Just start with the nation, makes it faster for me <3
  • Unlike in actual Eurovision, you can vote for your own country. I'm not going have anyone sending me photocopies of their passports.
  • In the end, all the participants points are tallied, and will be revealed starting from lowest to highest rank.
  • Deadline monday 8.5.2023 3PM UTC
Official Full Playlist of 2023 Songs:

Too busy? You can also just check the 20-minute roundup on top of the playlist and proceed with your picks/chosen listens from there.

[

Last edited:

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
When Käärijä got that amount of televote points my heart started beating pretty fast, ngl. :XD But the juries really sunk him, unfortunately.

Anyway, congrats us. Honestly think Cornelia last year had a song more deserving to win than Loreen, BUT I also dont think Loreen would've won if the overall competition was as strong as last year... this year was definitely much weaker across the board, imo.

Wonder if people will stop voting for us forever now that we've caught up to Ireland. :XD
Someone on Twitter said it was percentually 2nd biggest televote win ever. And that even Lordi wouldnt have won in this point system.

Loreen was great, but was the song really that much better than the rest, as the jury point gap made it seem? Måneskin still won from 4th place of juries, for Käärijä it was nearly imposible gap to close. And still came close with insane televote.

I wonder if EBU is starting to feel any pressure to change the system. I mean it's been quite common place now, that televote winner wont win. And that will eventually start to effect audience ratings and voting behaviour, since "voting doesnt even matter" starts to become a more common mindset.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Actually saw this getting compared to Helsinki 2007 a lot. Sure Molitva was a strong vocal performance and remembered well by some, but 2nd place Verka Serduchka was the one who became an Eurovision legend. Feels about right.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Well the semis were all televote this year and when asked if they'd make the final all televote as well the "points are good to go guy" (boss of EBU or whatever he is) said basically "yeah maybe, we're taking it one step at a time to see what works". So we'll see, it doesn't seem impossible.

Evil3ye

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
they can change the systems as many times Germany still the fews points, it's such a meme. Loreen song was good, but it sort of feels like Finland was robbed. The crowd was cha cha cha-ing so beautifully and it clearly was Europe's favourite song this year, so I say power to the people.

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Gotta appreciate the Swedish voters though. 12 points, even though we fuckers here across the pond gave them 0.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

they can change the systems as many times Germany still the fews points, it's such a meme. Loreen song was good, but it sort of feels like Finland was robbed. The crowd was cha cha cha-ing so beautifully and it clearly was Europe's favourite song this year, so I say power to the people.
I actually voted for Germany. I think their live presence was great and deserved more. I think they kinda competed for the same voters as Cha cha cha, and that effected their outcome.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Wait... next year's ESC in Sweden. Also ABBA - Waterloo 50th anniversary. Total jury domination for Loreen.

--- Double Post Merged, ---

Finnish people are acting as if Käärijä actually won. There is a massive party ät the airport waiting him to arrive and it's live broadcasted.

All social media and media is just full support for him.

Love it.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Gotta appreciate the Swedish voters though. 12 points, even though we fuckers here across the pond gave them 0.
Did you really? Dang, i was saying during the points "I like that we gave each other 12 points even though we're each others' biggest competition" but I guess that only goes for the jury then. :XD

The thing is though that a win for Finland would mean much more than it would for Sweden.. it's been longer since you won, plus the "does Loreen really need to win again" mentality has been pretty common even here.