Hangout - Fairy Tail Hangout Thread | Page 278 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Fairy Tail Hangout Thread

What do you like most about FT/what will you miss most about FT? (3 choices)

• The individual characters

• Moments when the guild is together

• The storytelling and plot twists

• Speculating about what could come up in the story/plot/characters

• Shipping moments that have or you wish to take place

• The feels

• The fights/battles

• The character designs/appearance

• The villains

• The comedy

• The fanservice

• The epic entrances, lines, and badass moments

• Seeing side guilds (non-FT) get attention

• The anime

• Soundtracks/OP/ED in the anime

• Mashima's art/twitter

Results are only viewable after voting.

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
@Darklord#10 here is something for you.

2023 years 11/13-11/19 week sales (first week after release)
both got released same day
Dead rock>>>mid tail. Call me when natsu is as impressive as yakuto or shiki 🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱

Steven

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
@Darklord#10 here is something for you.

2023 years 11/13-11/19 week sales (first week after release)
both got released same day
Hiro drives more and more into mediocrity

But thats nothing new

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
Dead rock>>>mid tail. Call me when natsu is as impressive as yakuto or shiki 🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱
yakuto vs God

Natsu vs God

Im not even Natsu fan.
PS
Did He even beat anyone significant aside from fodder or did meaningful damage, while turned into a Dragon? it was just Acno fan service.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
yakuto vs God

Natsu vs God

Im not even Natsu fan.
PS
Did He even beat anyone significant aside from fodder or did meaningful damage, while turned into a Dragon? it was just Acno fan service.
god is the villain lmao how can yakuto just beat him? You think this is fairy mid where someone shouts nakama nakama.
Call me when dead rock has useless stupid fan service like fairy tail or some bullshit forced romance 🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱
@VG1989 try harder, cope harder and seethe harder
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Im not even Natsu fan.
Yeah I'm a natsu fanboy. My favorite character in fairy tail but he's genuinely ass when it comes to yakuto and shiki. No end goal, doesn't matter if he doesn't have one he wants to protect his friends, right? Does nothing to get stronger, wants to defeat ignia he does nothing to get stronger. Still thinks he can win fights by luck.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

But thats nothing new
Dead rock is upcoming. It's better than fairy tail. it's a new manga ofc it's not going to be top 20 immediately.

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
Dead rock is upcoming. It's better than fairy tail. it's a new manga ofc it's not going to be top 20 immediately.
Look at these manga when they were new (VOL 1).

judging from its place DR sold not even 15k (that is average Space Manga sales). Vol 1 always sets the first bench. If its bench is there, for a monthly it's not great.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

But thats nothing new
It's weekly Shounen magazine as a whole that's mediocre. Like they're only currently peak series is blue lock and maybe kuriowa medaka. Ever since fairy tail and AOT and Fire force ended they've been mediocre.

Look at these manga when they were new (VOL 1).

judging from its place DR sold not even 15k (that is average Space Manga sales). Vol 1 always sets the first bench. If its bench is there, for a monthly it's not great.
We will see who laughs last, I'm so going to rub it in your face once dead rock surpasses fairy mid. And stop dissing the acnologia fan service. You were in the clouds on selene x Irene fan service so you have no right to call out other fan service and I'm not even reading this for the acnologia stuff

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
We will see who laughs last, I'm so going to rub it in your face once dead rock surpasses fairy mid.

And this is the part where you backtrack, and say "I meant sequel 100 year quest, you know the one it Actually has 5% (I'm being generous)chance to surpass".

Newperson00

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
god is the villain lmao how can yakuto just beat him? You think this is fairy mid where someone shouts nakama nakama.
Call me when dead rock has useless stupid fan service like fairy tail or some bullshit forced romance 🥱🥱🥱🥱🥱
@VG1989 try harder, cope harder and seethe harder

Yeah I'm a natsu fanboy. My favorite character in fairy tail but he's genuinely ass when it comes to yakuto and shiki. No end goal, doesn't matter if he doesn't have one he wants to protect his friends, right? Does nothing to get stronger, wants to defeat ignia he does nothing to get stronger. Still thinks he can win fights by luck.

* Does nothing to get stronger, wants to defeat ignia he does nothing to get stronger. *
True That´s where Hiro messed up he didn´t progress the strength plotline instead he wasted many chapters on nonsense trash ships & comedy chapters like the Sabertooth quiz trash xD ... when they returned to Fairy Tail instead of trainnig even if it was off screen that would have been the better option
I hope Anime staff fixes Hiro´s mess and add Anime canon training moments for Natsu this time and not waste filler arcs for *Lucy* again

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
Here is official numbers
95. Dead Rock 1 — 6 071

Also updated FT100year chart

So
V3 Ignias debute
V5 Erza vs Laxus
V6 Irenes return

had best 1st week sale (Blue)
vol 14 where he got rid of Irene and Nakamized Selene has Worst.
just observation. think what you want.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
vol 14 where he got rid of Irene and Nakamized Selene has Worst.
just observation. think what you want.
Why did you tell us this observation? I am genuinely asking because I genuinely want to know like why did you mention it

VG1989

Reaction score
Country
Georgia
Why did you tell us this observation? I am genuinely asking because I genuinely want to know like why did you mention it
Because there are people that called it great writing, Saying Selene Has LAYERS, And Irenes leave was writing Geniues.
Also the fact that BAD WRITING does affect sales,
So
V3 Ignias debute
V5 Erza vs Laxus
V6 Irenes return
These are things people liked, New main Villain (Intriguing relationship, I'm not a fan of him, but I get why others), fight everyone liked and return of a character everyone felt was underused and wasted. and it all translated into High sales.
People hated wasting Irene, Selene retcons and so Sales were low.
it's a prove to people who say sales don't prove quality of writing.

PS.
I said observation as in my observation.

Steven

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Ngl,glad that sales falled after all the shit Hiro pulled out.But i doubt that will change his mindset

sree

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I think Selene retcon did affect the sales. But realistically, I don't think Mashima at that point had other options than Selene retconning cos the 2 Weak DGs whom they faced before her were heavily nerfed for Natsu to win. And even after this, he needed Ignia's flames to seal them. Other than a realistic training or power up, there was no way, he'd have beaten Selene with his full power.

Mashima's first fault was he never let Natsu train to use his fully mastered half/full dragonised form or END. Or even give a proper powerup to the main cast+ any one in top tier so that they can help Natsu in fight.

Selene had great potential as a villainess and Mashima just ruined it.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Because there are people that called it great writing, Saying Selene Has LAYERS, And Irenes leave was writing Geniues.

These are things people liked, New main Villain (Intriguing relationship, I'm not a fan of him, but I get why others), fight everyone liked and return of a character everyone felt was underused and wasted. and it all translated into High sales.

PS.
You're just upset that Eileen is no longer in this sequel. Get over it dude. She got yeeted out of the sequel by mashima's favorite milf. Y'all need to get into your damn skull that Eileen ain't some big important character that mashima gives a fuck about. If Eileen was as popular as y'all claim then the popularity poll would have saved her stupid ass. The same way mashima treats selene is the same thing with Eileen and her simp nation lmao

I think Selene retcon did affect the sales. But realistically, I don't think Mashima at that point had other options than Selene retconning cos the 2 Weak DGs whom they faced before her were heavily nerfed for Natsu to win. And even after this, he needed Ignia's flames to seal them. Other than a realistic training or power up, there was no way, he'd have beaten Selene with his full power.

Mashima's first fault was he never let Natsu train to use his fully mastered half/full dragonised form or END. Or even give a proper powerup to the main cast+ any one in top tier so that they can help Natsu in fight.

Selene had great potential as a villainess and Mashima just ruined it.
Mashima said he doesn't like training arcs and he is mostly writing fights just for kids to go "that's cool".

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Nobody likes them lol.Trainings arcs are a waste of time
They're actually good. It might be a waste of time but we get to see the characters develop new techniques and fighting abilities. I actually don't really mind them as long as it ain't that long and pacing is good

sree

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Actually , no need for lengthy training arcs. One or 2 chapters or a few panels would have had been enough. Or a simple explanation.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

PS.
To bad Eileen lost to selene in the popularity polls. I got a question though who hated wasting Eileen? Didn't y'all say she was to powerful or something that's why mashima didn't keep her? Eileen ain't even more popular than suzaku and ignia from mashima's POV. So what's the point in keeping her around? For stupid fan service moment? Maybe mashima doesn't think with his D everytime

Last edited:

WoWfan

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Mashima said that Irene was still considered one of the most powerful characters even currently, and Irene could affect Selene with her spell which shows that her magic power is still greater.

what I didn’t like is how Irene got reincarnated as Edolas Erza’s daughter, that is some neo-incest nonsense right there.