Second Round - Fairy Tail vs. Edens Zero | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Second Round Fairy Tail vs. Edens Zero

Who wins?

• Fairy Tail

• Edens Zero

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Upto Natsu Vs Zeref part 1 it was full of hype and great but after that fight finished oh boy.
That was honestly a far better fight then their final one.

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
For me, I have to choose Fairy Tail. Some of the parts were really bad but most of the parts were really entertaining and enjoyable. So far EZ is still early, and I just can’t vote for something with so few chapters. Sure, it starts better than FT in some ways, but FT also has a better start then Rave. So Mashima can improve on his introduction. Consistency is his main issue. And pacing. Which EZ already suffers from fast pace issues and the way it’s resolves a few things. And we don’t know about consistency since there’s barely enough chapters to grade.

FT was also a collection of adventures that was not originally meant to be over 10 volumes. While the initial story wasn’t as tight as EZ, it did really well at taking time to develop the initial guild members through the character arcs. It also had memorable villains and epic moments. The main drawback on EZ for me is how many characters have been introduced in so short of time. Already the fight for panel time is beginning when that didn’t truly occur in Fairy Tail until maybe Phantom Lord? Oracion Seis? Tenrou Island?

Sure I can use Alvarez as an example of why not vote for this. But I can ignore all the moments that I loved in the series until then - Erza walking into the guild for the first time carrying that ornament tooth; the confrontation of Jude and Lucy; Gray’s memory of Ur on Galuna, Mira vs Freed, Phantom Lord, Erza’s Backstory, Laxus leaving the guild an everyone holding the handsign, Lucy breaking Aquarius’s key, Wendy going DF for the first time, Cana and Gildart’s reuniting. Other series had horrible-garbage-final arcs like Naruto but that doesn’t take away from the love and nostalgia of growing up with a long series.

Schpittfeuer

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
I don't think it's reasonable to make a such vote, at least for now. EZ is nice but is nowhere near length of FT, we cannot see what will happen. FT however is finished work, we can judge it in its entire completed form...

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
@Gallon don't forget to vote for a work of your favourite Mangaka.:lambirb

And the result of that judgement ain't good... Another thing in favor of EZ, since we can't rly know about it yet, and ignorance is a bliss '-'

:grumble

The result of that judgment is good we have little knowledge what turn will take EZ after it's prologue so we have just blindly believe that it will keep it passable level in next two-three Volumes or further...

And things like Power of Nakama and fanservice that FT is so much bashed for won't be there:kappa

If we go with blind hope and litle knowledge when it can ( not saying it will but also no one can prove it won't ) become FT ver.2 then yeah we may cast your vote away..

But blind hope and litle knowledge are a dangerous things, but not half as bad as a lot of ignorance :lambirb

Last edited:

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I cannot vote in this match up, I just can't... :lambirb

Now seriously, even if Eden's Zero is developing and may have some promise you cannot compare it to Fairy Tail, with +500 chapters of manga.
I enjoyed Fairy Tail aswell you know (before it became trash) and EZ is still too young to consider it superior. Yes @Reebi , I made a quick read and caught up, not bad... but it didn't exceed my expectations on Mashima. :rolleyes:
Though Jammin's campaign and dedication really are something. :hi

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I cannot vote in this match up, I just can't... :lambirb

Though Jammin's campaign and dedication really are something. :hi
I've seen better :hmph

:lambirb

Now seriously, even if Eden's Zero is developing and may have some promise you cannot compare it to Fairy Tail, with +500 chapters of manga.
I enjoyed Fairy Tail aswell you know (before it became trash) and EZ is still too young to consider it superior.
Oh... Hello there a voice of reason I'm Vici :lambirb

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
enjoyed Fairy Tail aswell you know (before it became trash) and EZ is still too young to consider it superior.
Exactly! One is alrdy known to be trash. The other one might be. But since the first one is alrdy in the bottom, chances are the second will be on top, no? '-'

I'm done with my fun here before I deeply annoy *cough* again *cough* some people that I like

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I was going to spend next hour thinking " Was Farf referring to me " :grumble

But then I spotted " People that I like " and it's clear that she wasn't :teach

:emobirb

Reactions: syx

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not that I intend to change anybody's mind about their choice in this match-up... but judging an entire manga off of a single arc is a pretty harsh criteria. In my opinion, the Alvarez Arc was nowhere near representative of the entire manga.

I still haven't forgotten the amount of excitement that some of the members on this forum had for FT back then, so don't act like you were never one of them. :cheez

And as far as I'm concerned, feats (FT) >>>> hype (EZ).

Judging the quality of an entire manga off of 1 bad arc is just like judging the quality of an entire forum off of 1 bad member...

Just my honest opinion.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not that I intend to change anybody's mind about their choice in this match-up... but judging an entire manga off of a single arc is a pretty harsh criteria. In my opinion, the Alvarez Arc was nowhere near representative of the entire manga.

I still haven't forgotten the amount of excitement that some of the members on this forum had for FT back then, so don't act like you were never one of them. :cheez

And as far as I'm concerned, feats (FT) >>>> hype (EZ).

Judging the quality of an entire manga off of 1 bad arc is just like judging the quality of an entire forum off of 1 bad member...

Just my honest opinion.
Except that EZ accomplished more in it's 15 chapters then FT did.

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wouldn't say that. Early FT and Tartaros Arc were still pretty good for the series. EZ is probably going to surpassed it though in time as with a better start than FT and Mashima planning more on this series, it probably can happen.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wouldn't say that. Early FT and Tartaros Arc were still pretty good for the series. EZ is probably going to surpassed it though in time as with a better start than FT and Mashima planning more on this series, it probably can happen.
I meant first 15 chapters compared to FT first fifteen chapters.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States

I guess that's where it comes down to personal preference.

I think that FT has a far more established and fleshed-out story, which is basically what a manga is.

The characters' personalities, backstories, dynamics, and interactions are more important for me than the plot itself. Besides, I personally like the overall concept of FT a lot better. With Fairy Tail, I can find some humor or suspense just from a character's dialogue simply due to the fact that I know their personalities and dynamics so well.

A plot can change (that's why we have different arcs), but a character stays static for the most part. That's why the Alvarez Arc is not representative of the rest of the manga.

I couldn't care less about "which manga accomplished more in a certain amount of time". In my opinion, what matters is "what a manga accomplished overall".

And if that is EZ for you, then by all means go ahead and vote for it.

I'm not affected by stereotypes. The answer is easy for me, and I'm not willing to change, win or lose.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
@Axiomus can you contribute with your vote here. Do you find EZ has a better start than FT?

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Except that ultimately FT turned into a garbage however good it might be before,EZ still not and is good.So EZ deserves this win.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

I think that FT has a far more established and fleshed-out story, which is basically what a manga is.

The characters' personalities, backstories, dynamics, and interactions are more important for me than the plot itself. Besides, I personally like the overall concept of FT a lot better. With Fairy Tail, I can find some humor or suspense just from a character's dialogue simply due to the fact that I know their personalities and dynamics so well.

A plot can change (that's why we have different arcs), but a character stays static for the most part. That's why the Alvarez Arc is not representative of the rest of the manga.

I couldn't care less about "which manga accomplished more in a certain amount of time". In my opinion, what matters is "what a manga accomplished overall".

And if that is EZ for you, then by all means go ahead and vote for it. I don't get affected by stereotypes. The answer is easy for me, and I'm not willing to change, win or lose.
It's your choice to make.

But for the sake of the argument I'd say, though Fairy Tail is a much much longer completed series, Edens Zero can already boast some things that FT never was able to manage in it's much longer run. We've had one arc where Shiki played the thief. The next he played a pirate. He's not always doing the same thing like Natsu was. He didn't start with a whole guild of people prebuilt either. He's picking them up one by one. Which any One Piece fan can tell you is a very satisfying thing. As is the acquisition of his own ship. We've also had a short time traveling story and a space opera story.

Eden Zero has done more to make me love it 14 chapters than Fairy Tail did in it's last 200. And the stage is set for much more. The best thing about it is that it could go anywhere. Like they could visit the world of Fairy Tail or Rave and have it make perfect sense. That's how flexible it is.

There are great parts in Fairy Tail but there are a lot of bad to count against it too. Edens Zero has been all great so far. Will that continue forever? I doubt it. But I see potential for it to get even better too. And that's an excitement that I think is worthy of a vote.:^_^

Last edited:

Venom

Reaction score
Country
India

And if that is EZ for you, then by all means go ahead and vote for it.

I'm not affected by stereotypes. The answer is easy for me, and I'm not willing to change, win or lose.
Ft has more established and fleshed out story:huh: ? Lmao what ft had no real plot except fighting bad guys arc after arc. The plot kicked in only when zeref and acno were introduced natsu had no goal for half of the series except for fighting for his frnds. Sry to say but tht statement of yours fleshed out and established plot should go to ez:hmph

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's your choice to make.

But for the sake of the argument I'd say, though Fairy Tail is a much much longer completed series, Edens Zero can already boast some things that FT never was able to manage in it's much longer run. We've had one arc where Shiki played the thief. The next he played a pirate. He's not always doing the same thing like Natsu was. He didn't start with a whole guild of people prebuilt either. He's picking them up one by one. Which any One Piece fan can tell you is a very satisfying thing. As is the acquisition of his own ship. We've also had a short time traveling story and a space opera story.

Eden Zero has done more to make me love it 14 chapters than Fairy Tail did in it's last 200. And the stage is set for much more. The best thing about it is that it could go anywhere. Like they could visit the world of Fairy Tail or Rave and have it make perfect sense. That's how flexible it is.

There are great parts in Fairy Tail but there are a lot of bad to count against it too. Edens Zero has been all great so far. Will that continue forever? I doubt it. But I see potential for it to get even better too. And that's an excitement that I think is worthy of a vote.:^_^

I actually liked the concept of a guild system better. In a guild, the main character is surrounded by all types of different people, and his relationship with the new characters will depend on how well he gets along with them (or who he finds to be a satisfying rival, in the case of Fairy Tail).

I don't like mangas that have the main character pick up other new characters one-by-one because there isn't a collective bond going on. It's just between the main character and the new guy. And the problem with that is, if you dislike the main character, then the entire manga just seems uninteresting (my case with EZ).

Like I said in a previous post, I prefer characters to be unique. Not an accumulation of everything in existence.

Also, I don't like the theme of visiting different worlds. Again, I prefer the characters and plot to have a confined and unique presence.

The fact that the characters in Edens Zero can visit other previously established worlds is already a major problem in its uniqueness. The manga should at least have some creativity to define its own boundaries.

In my opinion, the overall quality of a manga is much more important than what it accomplished in a fastest amount of time. I don't see it as a sprint to the finish line.

FT does have a ridiculous arc, I'm not denying that. But it has a much better foundation and story progression than its competitor here.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Ft has more established and fleshed out story:huh: ? Lmao what ft had no real plot except fighting bad guys arc after arc. The plot kicked in only when zeref and acno were introduced natsu had no goal for half of the series except for fighting for his frnds. Sry to say but tht statement of yours fleshed out and established plot should go to ez:hmph

Again, story =/= plot...

The story consists of all elements: characters, backstory/history, dialogue, battles, and suspense.

What you mentioned about Zeref and Acnologia is precisely what the Alvarez Arc was... which I said was not representative of FT as a whole.

FT is 500+ chapters. A few sentences isn't sufficient for a good summary.

Status
Not open for further replies.