Voting Round 2 - Fairy Tail vs. One Piece | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Fairy Tail vs. One Piece

Who wins?

• Fairy Tail

• One Piece

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I just don't like OP, think its trash like the main character and the millions of cliches it has and the money it makes. FT is in my own opinion is better and well written and overall not boring. Least I have taste.

Fairy Tail had a lot of potential. Like, a lot. But there is a reason it's the first and only shounen I've rage quit.

Fairy Tail completely craps the bed in terms of storytelling and has a multitude of cliches itself. This series creates it's own cliches. The art is good and I like some pervy goodness, but damn, I want a good story with it, if you can believe that.

If there is one thing Fairy Tail has over One Piece, is that the female characters get some good combat time, while One Piece has fallen off on that aspect.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Screw Fairy Tail. You gave me PTSCringe :notrust

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
In an personally unprecedented decision. I'm siding against boobs and backing One Piece.

To be clear I have none of the hate some others have for Fairy Tail. I consider it a top tier battle manga and ecchi manga. Two of my very favorite things. It was the series of a 1000 waifu's and was just generally a blast to read. It's not perfect but not much is.

One Piece is more of an adventure series but when it's doing it's thing well it is an example of the best the shounen genre has to offer. Like the Ennis Lobby arc. The amazon island mini-arc. And the big war arc. But when it misses it tends to do so by a lot bigger margin too (Brook is a terrible character). But like I said in defense of FT, nothing's perfect.

In the end by the thinnest of margin's I'm picking One Piece because...it has Boa Hancock. Whom I just adore.

One Piece
Art: 3/15
I don't actually disagree with this. I love One Piece but it's panels are often so busy and cluttered it's hard to even tell what's going on. It's a matter of style and preference to some degree but I've never cared for it, personally.

Phileos

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I go with OP without a second thought. It's very much subjective, but OP has my tears more than any anime.

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
........OP. FT loses to a lot lmfao

Shobu_Yoruichi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Chile
I just don't like OP, think its trash like the main character and the millions of cliches it has and the money it makes. FT is in my own opinion is better and well written and overall not boring. Least I have taste.

Very last to vote, but FT was my first manga to go at my dropped list, i couldn't stand it far of chapter 69. While One Piece still gives me anything i want from a series, less sex and massive deaths, but still ok xD.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Very last to vote, but FT was my first manga to go at my dropped list, i couldn't stand it far of chapter 69. While One Piece still gives me anything i want from a series, less sex and massive deaths, but still ok xD.
FT doesn't have sex scenes. If it did who cares? It has fan service but Nami wears a bikini top and Rebecca might as well be naked. At least FT is has male fanservice to make it even. Not yo mention Sanji sexually harasses every woman he sees. There are far more perverted manga out there than FT. :notrust

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
One Piece doesn't have a character who fights with orgasm powers though.

Friggin cringe.
It was crappy but at least characters stand up to villains. Nami just stands there are screams "help me" while Yussop doesn't do shit.

Vici

Reaction score
Country
Pyke
One Piece doesn't have a character who fights with orgasm powers though.

Friggin cringe.
Can't wait for this chapter to get animated tbh

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
If I hadn't already voted for One Piece. I would be voting for Fairy Tail right now. :cheez
I actually considered this after seeing his post. I can see why readers stayed till the end even though they complain about the story :3c.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Have you read One Piece post-timeskip? Usopp may not be a brave warrior of the sea yet (it's his goal of the series after all, why would he achieve his goal before it's even close to over), but he's definitely done more actual fighting. He fights in his own way, but that's just who he is. In Dressrosa he was the one who defeated one of the key villains, Sugar, who had turned people into toys and erasing them from people's memories. He basically paved way for the Straw Hats' victory.

And it's not like he didn't do anything before the time-skip, either. Sure, he was a weakling, but he's beaten several enemies who are much stronger than him thanks to some crazy but well-thought out strategy. Sure he might seem useless and running away all the time, but he gets the job done.

And even if he's not defeating some important character, he can still be the MVP. An example is at the end of Luffy vs. Rob Lucci:

(Heads-up, pretty much a whole One Piece chapter inside.)

(EDIT: Crap, images don't seem to work on all devices.. well just read this chapter if that's the case.)

Now THAT is "Power of Friendship" done right. No unprecedented sudden power-up where he suddenly one-hit-K.O's a twenty times stronger enemy he hasn't landed a single hit on. The fact that Usopp suddenly shows up (well, to Luffy it's sudden at least) and puts himself in the line of fire i.e. standing up to a much stronger enemy; the words of his recently lost best friend alone gives Luffy the last iota of strength and will go get up that is needed to finish Lucci off. He doesn't get a deus ex power-up. He doesn't even use the new powerful technique he first showed a few chapters back. He uses a desperate last "I'll just punch you as hard as I can as many times as I can so you won't kill my friends"-attack. Then he collapses.

Friendship is just a powerful motivator in this series, not a power in itself (looking at you Fairy Tail). Now, it's up to every one of us which we like more, but I personally thinks in Fairy Tail it becomes more of an asspull way to beat a strong enemy without having to write a somewhat realistic build-up to that point, than leaving a powerful impact on the friendship theme. Just my opinion.

Oh, and since you mentioned Nami just crying and doing nothing, I'll just leave the page where she blasts one of the most powerful people in the world into a huge crater here to disagree with you.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
If I hadn't already voted for One Piece. I would be voting for Fairy Tail right now. :cheez
You know, I was pretty sure I'd get a bunch of replies like this. And that's why I can't really take this Manga War seriously. Might just have a ****** Doujin Wars and people would still judge series on the same qualities.

I mean, I like boobs. But people here treat fanservice like it's a huge factor in a series quality, when it's really just a bonus if there are some good boob action in an otherwise good series. A bad series with tons of fan service is still a bad series, and there are several straight-up ecchi manga which have what you're looking for but doesn't try to dress it up as anything else.

(And I know you were making a funny, but my point still stands.)

Last edited:

Aonori

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Luffy one shots the FT verse bye!

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Have you read One Piece post-timeskip? Usopp may not be a brave warrior of the sea yet (it's his goal of the series after all, why would he achieve his goal before it's even close to over), but he's definitely done more actual fighting. He fights in his own way, but that's just who he is. In Dressrosa he was the one who defeated one of the key villains, Sugar, who had turned people into toys and erasing them from people's memories. He basically paved way for the Straw Hats' victory.

And it's not like he didn't do anything before the time-skip, either. Sure, he was a weakling, but he's beaten several enemies who are much stronger than him thanks to some crazy but well-thought out strategy. Sure he might seem useless and running away all the time, but he gets the job done.

And even if he's not defeating some important character, he can still be the MVP. An example is at the end of Luffy vs. Rob Lucci:

(Heads-up, pretty much a whole One Piece chapter inside.)

Now THAT is "Power of Friendship" done right. No unprecedented sudden power-up where he suddenly one-hit-K.O's a twenty times stronger enemy he hasn't landed a single hit on. The fact that Usopp suddenly shows up (well, to Luffy it's sudden at least) and puts himself in the line of fire i.e. standing up to a much stronger enemy; the words of his recently lost best friend alone gives Luffy the last iota of strength and will go get up that is needed to finish Lucci off. He doesn't get a deus ex power-up. He doesn't even use the new powerful technique he first showed a few chapters back. He uses a desperate last "I'll just punch you as hard as I can as many times as I can so you won't kill my friends"-attack. Then he collapses.

Friendship is just a powerful motivator in this series, not a power in itself (looking at you Fairy Tail). Now, it's up to every one of us which we like more, but I personally thinks in Fairy Tail it becomes more of an asspull way to beat a strong enemy without having to write a somewhat realistic build-up to that point, than leaving a powerful impact on the friendship theme. Just my opinion.

Oh, and since you mentioned Nami just crying and doing nothing, I'll just leave the page where she blasts one of the most powerful people in the world into a huge crater here to disagree with you.

You know, I was pretty sure I'd get a bunch of replies like this. And that's why I can't really take this Manga War seriously. Might just have a ****** Doujin Wars and people would still judge series on the same qualities.

I mean, I like boobs. But people here treat fanservice like it's a huge factor in a series quality, when it's really just a bonus if there are some good boob action in an otherwise good series. A bad series with tons of fan service is still a bad series, and there are several straight-up ecchi manga which have what you're looking for but doesn't try to dress it up as anything else.

But the majority of the time she does something like when she was kicking ass and the enemy held her legs and she was like "someone help me" but she didn't need her legs to fight. She's strong but she is a terrible damsel in distress. To make matters worse, Oda draws things out so it was unbearable. The only time I think Lucy asked for help was on Tenrou with Cana's card. Never once did she scream "I Need Help" even when fighting someone stronger than her in the last arc she said "I will fight you because I have to save Natsu". Reversal on the gender roles. Maybe Nami grew but with like 900 chapters and the majority of her being "save me!" it's far more cringe than a couple of chapters of orgasm fighting.

Fanservice is part of enjoyability, which is one of the factors of manga. It doesn't add to storyline but there are other factors than story that make a manga enjoyable. Just like artwork and character interactions and fights. If we are arguing about manga, we must argue enjoyability. Therefore, FT should advance based on factors other than storyline (which tbh is the only thing OP is better than FT). :redface

Skylent

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Fairy Tail obviously! It has the best aspulls. The best plot holes and the best unsatisfying arc ending as well as the best one-shot battles!

Let's not forget the best flat characters and best flanderization!

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm absolutely serious (always).:pleased

And if quality was the only deciding factor I think you'd be right. But you should never forget that the "enjoyment" it provides is actually far more important in the grand scheme of things. A story that aims to provides quality without enjoyment is glorified self flagellation, after all. Now I voted for One Piece so obviously I get it's appeal but I will never turn my nose up at anything that allows me to get enjoyment out of a story.

So Fairy Tail's wealth of fun sexiness should never be undervalued. :verily

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
I actually considered this after seeing his post. I can see why readers stayed till the end even though they complain about the story :3c.
It was more a way of self punishment so that we would make better decision in the future.
Fairy Tail obviously! It has the best aspulls. The best plot holes and the best unsatisfying arc ending as well as the best one-shot battles!

Don't forget best breaking of it's one rules when it comes to powers that it didn't break to defeat the big bad.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada

Wait until One Piece ends when the One Piece didn't exist and it's all to do with friendship and adventure :D

Status
Not open for further replies.