Voting Round 2 - Fairy Tail vs. One Piece | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Fairy Tail vs. One Piece

Who wins?

• Fairy Tail

• One Piece

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gut's is the man

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wait until One Piece ends when the One Piece didn't exist and it's all to do with friendship and adventure :D
Oda confirmed there was a treasure. (he already better then mashima)

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Oda confirmed there was a treasure. (he already better then mashima)
Did he confirm it was an inanimate object? Treasure could mean friendship.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Bleach - terrible ending
Naruto - terrible ending that just won't end because of effing Boruto
Fairy Tail - terrible ending

Ask these fans three years before they ended and they would have said "the ending will be epic". What makes you think Oda wouldn't do the same? He's a great storyteller but not a god. Live and learn.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
To be fair Oda has planned out his ending. Hiro winged most of the final arc with 'recent made ups' :lmao and it showed...

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Did he confirm it was an inanimate object? Treasure could mean friendship.

Bleach - terrible ending
Naruto - terrible ending that just won't end because of effing Boruto
Fairy Tail - terrible ending

Ask these fans three years before it ended and they would have said "the ending will be epic". What makes you think Oda wouldn't do the same? He's a great storyteller but not a god. Live and learn.
I'm 85% sure about what's the One Piece, and for what i know, i can tell you that it is not an object... and that thing is considered one of the most important treasures, even in real life.

Regarding your previous post, One Piece has something that for sure FT hasn't:

Gender diversity xD

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm 85% sure about what's the One Piece, and for what i know, i can tell you that it is not an object... and that thing is considered one of the most important treasures, even in real life.

Regarding your previous post, One Piece has something that for sure FT hasn't:

Gender diversity xD
No but they have this beautiful man as their gag

@Gabo please vote this round!

MonkeyD-Dragon

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Oda did confirm the One Piece is a physical object and NOT something like the Journey or whatsoever.

Gabo

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
For me both Mangas are just as good, there is no one better than other just differences of taste.

If I had to choose, I would choose FT because I could follow it at the beginning and its gallery of characters is very nice.

One Piece I like the same but not in the same Level, maybe what I low the enthusiasm for One Piece is ... its Fandom.

The truth is that the worst experiences of the Fandom I've had have been in the One Piece, plus the Hispanic Fandom, that the truth, I have been so repellent that I feel bad about how sad your life, have to go and offend other fandoms.

It's obvious that not everyone is like that, because everything is very good fans, but many times I've had to meet with fans who only strike out any other story of shit, trash or insult those who like.

The same FT Fandom can be heavy, especially by the Haters, but at least in my opinion do not get to the extreme of what happened with the Fandoms of Naruto and Bleach.

Idem. Sometimes I think that the complaints about the Final is something unique to Westerners, now that I think about it, even though we are not the target audience, we are good complaining about something that maybe in Japan and the East do not see as a bad ending.

in short, after this I remain firm and I prefer More FT than OP

Skylent

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Don't forget best breaking of it's one rules when it comes to powers that it didn't break to defeat the big bad.
Yeah I was putting that under "plot holes" but it would be more like... er... "worldbuilding holes".:teehee

"Ask these fans three years before they ended and they would have said "the ending will be epic". What makes you think Oda wouldn't do the same? He's a great storyteller but not a god. Live and learn."

But this is not only the ending... I dropped Fairy Tail during the arc with Zereph worshippers after a one year timeskip. According to the wiki it was in 2015.IAnd this had already been kind of terrible for years at this point... imo.:(

Kappa123

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
I like looking at FT characters. That is the end of my positive thoughts about Feari Teiru.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
I love both, But Onepiece really became boring as hell for me. I read it casually but i still love characters like Luffy and Nami very much. When it comes to Natsu and Luffy i can't decide who i love most. It's a tie. Those 2 idiots are my favorite.
This is getting out of hand after reading the comments. I summon @Rax

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Oda did confirm the One Piece is a physical object and NOT something like the Journey or whatsoever.
A note saying how much fun pirating is and how great friendship is? Show me the source.

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Tbf I don't trust a word of what information mangaka or their editors reveal about a manga until that information is confirmed in publication.

That said, at this point I don't care what One Piece really is. If it really turns out to be all about the journey and adventure I'd say "so what else is new?". Seriously, the actual treasure has never been the important part about finding One Piece, neither to me as a reader nor to Luffy as the protagonist. His goal isn't "I'm going to find the wealth and riches of Gol. D. Roger", it's "I'm gonna be the Pirate King!". And he's already stated what that would mean to him; total freedom. Luffy loves adventure, so total freedom to go on every adventure he wants is his dream. Others pursue the title for different reasons. Most of them don't give a rat's ass about the actual riches. Personally I do think the actual treasure is there, but that's gonna be unimportant anyway in the shadow of everything they've gained on the way. (I have theories about the ending but there are other threads for that.)

And obviously if it turns out that the real treasure is friendship, adventure, the journey, the experience etc, readers opinions on this will vary based on whether they've in fact liked the adventure and journey we've gotten or not. I personally have greatly enjoyed the majority of it, so to me that would be just fine.

Gut's is the man

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah I was putting that under "plot holes" but it would be more like... er... "worldbuilding holes".:teehee

"Ask these fans three years before they ended and they would have said "the ending will be epic". What makes you think Oda wouldn't do the same? He's a great storyteller but not a god. Live and learn."

But this is not only the ending... I dropped Fairy Tail during the arc with Zereph worshippers after a one year timeskip. According to the wiki it was in 2015.IAnd this had already been kind of terrible for years at this point... imo.:(
you made a wise decision. Alvarez was a collapse disappointment and outright painful to read at parts.

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada

senjuclan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Bulgaria
really bro ,,,,??
next time well be naruto vs one piece hhh lol

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I read very few mangas, so this thread is probably the only one i can vote in.
And to be honest this is not even a contest for me.

I used to love FT, but the ending was incredibly, astonishingly, BAD.
I'm voting for One Piece, while not perfect at least this manga never disappointed me, and probably will never disappoint me of much as FT's latest arc.

MSofAofCOCA

Reaction score
Country
United States
FT is definitely inferior here, but honestly there isn't a series that can beat OP anyway.

OP's world is better built. FT has constantly suffered from needing to one-up each villain through a never-before-seen gimmick. Shows that the author kept having to build the world as he went along. I still like FT, but OP is simply better.

Status
Not open for further replies.