Soundtrack - Favorite Asian Drama Songs | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Soundtrack Favorite Asian Drama Songs

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

*nosebleed* GO KANGDAM COUPLE!

Last edited by a moderator:

destiny4ever

MH's Most Friendly Member
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
@ phio-chan: You so beat me to posting that song, phio-chan!! :XD

Another song that I :luv is :

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
A very sweet and fun song from a drama I enjoyed watching a lot :^_^:

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

Dae Gu Dae Gu Dae Gu Dae Gu Dae Gu Dae Gu :x3

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
What is the name of that K-drama, phio-chan? Is it a good drama? I love LSG!:luv I watched 3 K-dramas with him and I enjoyed watching them a lot!

The song below is from a J-drama I’m currently watching, the drama is called Proposal Daisakusen.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
What is the name of that K-drama, phio-chan? Is it a good drama? I love LSG!:luv I watched 3 K-dramas with him and I enjoyed watching them a lot!
The title is You're All Surrounded. He acts as a sulking new detective with sad past and revenge motive. The plot is not a very strong one and Seung Gi's character may seem strange at the beginning, but it's the rare chance of watching him playing a cold character haha. Must watch for Seung Gi's fan, but don't start with high expectation. XD

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Interesting... I've actually never heard these songs. Even though I don't usually watch many dramas, there are very few that I particularly like. Specifically, there is a Korean drama that is very special in my opinion.

Anyways, my favorite Asian Drama Songs are from a Korean Drama/Film called "IRIS" starring Lee Byung-hun, Kim Tae-hee, Jung Joon-ho, Kim Seung-woo, Kim So-yeon, and T.O.P (Choi Seung-hyun) from BIGBANG. The drama has 20 episodes and are approximately 1 hour each.

**NOTE: I highly recommend watching the drama before actually listening to the songs as it becomes more meaningful to you in sense. Additionally, these songs below are just my personal preference of the songs that I enjoyed in the drama "IRIS". Therefore, there may be more that you would want to listen to but you will just have to find out yourself.

Title of the Songs Include:

1. Dreaming Dream by Kim Tae Woo

2. Love of Iris by Shin Seung Hoon

3. Don't Forget by Baek Ji Young

4. Hallelujah by BIGBANG

**NOTE: Check out the Favorite Asian Drama OSTs thread for IRIS Drama OSTs

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing those wonderful songs, XXEliteXXAceXX;4089566! :)
I liked all of them, I especially liked the 4th song. Even though I didn’t understand a word of what she said, I could feel the feeling behind the song. And now I’m really curious about “IRIS”, so I’m adding it to my must-watch list.

Here are two of my favorite Drama Songs:

(watching this video made me want to re-watch this drama ^^)

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing those wonderful songs, XXEliteXXAceXX;4089566! :)
I liked all of them, I especially liked the 4th song. Even though I didn’t understand a word of what she said, I could feel the feeling behind the song. And now I’m really curious about “IRIS”, so I’m adding it to my must-watch list.
No problem. I'm glad that I can help. By the way, those were very interesting songs. I think the dramas themselves are unique as well. I'll have to admit that I've never heard of these dramas or songs before but they do seem entertaining.

Additionally, IRIS is a great drama and of course I highly recommend it. If there is any drama that I would tell people to watch, it would be this one along with a few others. The plot can get quite confusing in the middle because of many plot twists but you'll quickly be able to tell whats going on towards the end. If you like slow dramas, this one will be quite slow in the middle but for those who like suspense dramas, then the beginning and ending will be perfect for you. I would try to help by telling you where you can watch full episodes of IRIS but I can't find a way of watching them either. I used to watch all 20 episodes on Crunchyroll but I checked recently and I can't find the drama anymore. I'm not a member of Crunchyroll so maybe its only available to exclusive members. If you are a registered member of Crunchyroll, I highly suggest checking it out but I'm not sure if it is there. I wish you best of luck though.

Also, if you like Choi Seung-hyun (T.O.P) from BIGBANG, I recommend some of his other films like 71: Into the Fire and Nineteen. Lee Seung-hyun (Seungri) from BIGBANG also plays a role in "Nineteen". I would post the videos here but I'm not sure if this is the right thread for it. So you can just search it up on youtube and you'll find it.

Last edited:

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
The plot can get quite confusing in the middle because of many plot twists but you'll quickly be able to tell whats going on towards the end. If you like slow dramas, this one will be quite slow in the middle but for those who like suspense dramas, then the beginning and ending will be perfect for you.
Suspense? I'm sold, I'm definetely watching IRIS. :)

And about the songs I posted, yes the dramas where they come from are great!

Here is another drama song I like:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Suspense? I'm sold, I'm definetely watching IRIS. :)

And about the songs I posted, yes the dramas where they come from are great!
Wow, you can tell by the music and video, what the story is about plus the meaning behind it. The song is also nice and calm too. Thanks for posting/introducing cool dramas and new songs! I will definitely check them out.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow, you can tell by the music and video, what the story is about plus the meaning behind it. The song is also nice and calm too.
You are referring to the last song I posted, right?
Thanks for posting/introducing cool dramas and new songs! I will definitely check them out.
You are very welcome! :) And maybe while I watch IRIS you can watch one of the dramas I introduced you to and we can share our comments about the drama series we are watching.

BTW, mmm…could I ask you a question?

Last edited:

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
You are referring to the last song I posted, right?

You are very welcome! :) And maybe while I watch IRIS you can watch one of the dramas I introduced you to and we can share our comments about the drama series we are watching.

BTW, mmm…could I ask you a question?
Yeah, I was referring to the last song you posted. And sure, anytime you want to ask me a question feel free to.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, I was referring to the last song you posted. And sure, anytime you want to ask me a question feel free to.
Our latest posts made me curious about your Drama list, so could you please post your drama list in this thread? :)

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Our latest posts made me curious about your Drama list, so could you please post your drama list in this thread? :)
Oh lol, I'm truly sorry for the misunderstanding. As I said in another post above, I rarely watch the real/true dramas. I only like a few of them because I am more of a suspense drama person so I like some action. I mostly watch other Asian films like Korean movies or anime where there is more action. I've heard of some good dramas myself though but I've never watched them.

I also spend my time watching other Korean movies (71: Into The Fire and Nineteen) or Korean shows (Running Man) and stuff. But that is a whole different topic. Haha.

Last edited:

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh lol, I'm truly sorry for the misunderstanding. As I said in another post above, I rarely watch the real/true dramas. I only like a few of them because I am more of a suspense drama person so I like some action. I mostly watch other Asian films like Korean movies or anime where there is more action. I've heard of some good dramas myself though but I've never watched them.
But a drama series can be an action series, I mean there are some K-dramas, J-dramas, C-dramas that are full of action but I still call them drama series. :)
I also spend my time watching other Korean movies (71: Into The Fire and Nineteen) or Korean shows (Running Man) and stuff. But that is a whole different topic. Haha.
I have never heard about them, what are they about?

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
But a drama series can be an action series, I mean there are some K-dramas, J-dramas, C-dramas that are full of action but I still call them drama series. :)
That is very true.

I have never heard about them, what are they about?
Instead of replying on this thread, I'll explain it in the "My Asian Drama List" thread under "Anime and Drama" in the "Otaku Forums" as it is probably more relevant there.

By the way, as you probably heard of, Running Man is a Korean variety show starring Yoo Jae-Suk, Song Ji-Hyo, Lee Kwang-Soo, Kim Jong-Kook, Kang Hee-Gun [Gary], and Ha Dong-Hoon [Haha]. The show is very funny and entertaining, plus they have invited many famous Korean celebrities on the show which makes it more interesting to watch.

Last edited:

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
By the way, as you probably heard of, Running Man is a Korean variety show starring Yoo Jae-Suk, Song Ji-Hyo, Lee Kwang-Soo, Kim Jong-Kook, Kang Hee-Gun [Gary], and Ha Dong-Hoon [Haha]. The show is very funny and entertaining, plus they have invited many famous Korean celebrities on the show which makes it more interesting to watch.
I have never heard of it, but it sounds very similar to a Japanese variety show. Could you please post a clip of the show?

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I have never heard of it, but it sounds very similar to a Japanese variety show. Could you please post a clip of the show?
Sure, I'd be glad to post a clip of the show. Below is a video with funny moments from Running Man. Its approximately 28 minutes, so feel free to just skip around the video for funny clips. If you like Girls' Generation [SNSD], you can head over to "The Girls' Generation Thread", where I posted two videos with the full episodes of SNSD. Additionally, if there is any Korean celebrity that you like, just let me know and I can probably find an episode where they participate in Running Man. You'll be surprised by how many Korean celebrities have appeared on the show.

destiny4ever

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you for posting that video, Ace! :)

I’m not a huge fan of those kind of shows, but I admit that I like some funny moments that happen on those kind of shows. :XD For example, some of the moments from the clip you posted.

Mmmmm…..a Korean celebrity I like…mmm...I like the male protagonist from Gun Family Book. :luv