Favorites - Favorite Character | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Favorite Character

Who is Your Favorite Character

• Total voters

Aldrich

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I'll add Sasha to my list of favorite characters after that chapter.

I always thought she was fun but she was mostly used as comic relief. That chapter did a great job giving her more substance.

leiatte

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Reiner really impressed me with his skill against the Titans, and I think his character is an interesting and genuine person, I want to see a lot more of him. Armin is good too, I like how smart he is I had no Idea annie was the female Titan, and his plan was great, I even thought Annie was setting them up for a while.

The characters are amazing in this story, and I cant wait to find out more about them, even though they might not all survive its great to make these connections.

P.S. Jean is another of my favorites, He is just a compelling character in my opinion, he is pretty interesting.

hamlet123

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Rivaille, due to the fact that he's actually a pretty cool bro-type guy despite showing the angsty aloof face. The author dodged the "unemotional angsty hero" cliche very well here.

GingFuriksu

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd have to say Rivaille.

aeruz

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
i love all the 104th trainees who join the scouting legion!!!!! cause theyre special and good at surviving hehehehe

AandWguy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like armin the most, he seems the most human due to his self doubting yet I like it when he takes control, hes also one of the kindest characters if no the kindest. those are great qualities.

Yumpo

Reaction score
Country
United States
SO MANY CHARACTERS....SO MANY FAVORITES....:crying

Right now, my number 1 favorite is Hanji. Second is Annie. Tied in third, Reiner and Bertolt. I couldn't list the rest because they aren't ranked and there's A LOT OF THEM. :crying

Hanji really impressed me so much the moment she was introduced properly in the manga. I really liked her over enthusiasm in science(and of titans) and at the same time her dedication to the cause of humanity's victory. It's rather hard to find someone in fiction(especially Japanese anime/manga), who's energetic at the same time quite knowledgeable in science these days especially a female.

Annie, Reiner and Bertolt. Yes, the three titans. The three of them are my favorites. Yes, I'm somewhat out of the right mind for them being my favorites. I really like how they manage to not get caught under the radar during their trainee days, and their subtlety in communication throughout the manga. The three of them are also the most mysterious characters of all right now(we were just given little bits of pieces about their background). Just, OMG...

Annie ranked higher than Reiner and Bertolt though because of her development throughout the series(and I ship her with Eren, ErenxAnnie, my fave ship). I doubt she's going to come back physically anymore since I took a look at the back of volume 9(I didn't get to see volume 10) and compared it to other volumes. She wasn't there in vol.9 just like how Marco was gone in the back starting vol.5. She'll probably just appear in flashbacks in the future chapters like Marco is. If she ever comes back, you know Isayama Hajime, she'd probably end up dead(either through torture or somekind of event that would end up her being dead:gwah:crying nooooo).

HaiSuShi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Since the characters are my main reason for reading this manga, I can't decide for one, so I just list up who I like especially and why:

Sasha: She's just so funny and somehow the character I can relate to the most.If I absolutely had to choose, she would be my favorite character.

Zoé: MAD SCIENTIST! No, she's just an interesting character all around. It's hinted that she was a pretty ruthless person in the past, but now her desire to know the truth is definitely taking priority.

Rivaille: He has a really strong personality, and is a good leader. It took me a while, but now I like him too.

Annie,Bertholdt,Reiner: Everything I could say here has already been said before, so...well, I agree with that.

Mikasa: :verily Exactly the type of character I usually like the most, and here it's no exception. The first ED of the anime just drives home the point completely.:cheez

But I really like all of the characters.

Last edited:

teioh

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I vote for JEAN.
Third place than, contended with Annie and let me say: it's a good place for a not over power character after two beasts like Mikasa and Rivaille =D

I like him so much for his personality, mean and honest at the same time, and cuz he's probably a weak trying to be strong more than he ever been.
I love his thought during and after the graduation declaration while all the people were desperate he thinked first:

"Damnit... Please I beg of you. Please don't make me HATE MYSELF more than I already do..."

And after the point of no return he said too:

"Yeah... Fuck this... I'm deep in motherfucking SHIT... The goddamn scouting legion..."

So a nice simple guy nope? Love it! XD

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Guess that my favourite character is Mikasa.
She's the only one between the trainees that caught my attention and she's damn strong. :D

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Hanji is my favorite,her introduction was funny as hell,I like how she analyzes situation and acts, followed by Armin,Eren and Annie.As a hero,Eren continues to get better,I like how he trusts his teammates and some of his quotes when he explodes are just awesome.

Reiner,Jean and Rivaille are the following.Reiner especially,he really is a true soldier.

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
My favorite is Rivaille. I wasn't expecting so many other people to choose him as their favorite lol. He is just a freaking beast. Pretty much untouchable in battle. Aside from him, I also really like Mikasa, Annie, and Reiner. I wont even mention liking Sasha because that should be a given for everyone. She is hilarious.

Georgie

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jean. Because he's just so....real.

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Mikasa and Sasha aside, I would say Jean.
He is, as Marco puts it, at the lower end of the chain of command and is able to understand and speak out for them. And I love his honesty.
Rivaille is also very admirable, for his strong resolve in his duty and as a vice-commander.
Mikasa is very cool and strong, and Sasha is the one and only potato girl.

To be honest, a lot of characters are very admirable, even the relatively more cowardly ones. The admirable quality doesn't have to come from their 24/7 unwavering resolution, it can simply be a single second of courage, that which is enough to change their intentions. Most, if not all, characters are fighting for something, whether they realise or not, whether that 'something' seems important to other people or not. Definitely not an easy life to be in any of their shoes, but they still fight it out with or without the epicness, and go out with or without a bang.

As an aside, Jean is somewhat an embodiment of at least half the guys out there. He really reminds you what the reality is, especially the reality within the lower class soldiers.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
My favorite is Rivaille. I wasn't expecting so many other people to choose him as their favorite lol. He is just a freaking beast. Pretty much untouchable in battle. Aside from him, I also really like Mikasa, Annie, and Reiner. I wont even mention liking Sasha because that should be a given for everyone. She is hilarious.
Rivaille being a fan favourite was more or less a given after the special chapter.

He was portrayed as a badass fighter who appears to don't give a shit about things:

Only to show shortly after that he actually is a really nice guy:

Such characters usually are liked by many. Not saying that's anything bad, I like Rivaille too and I think Isayama did a splendid job of portraying his personality in a few panels :nod

Danmyao Axe

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
My favorite is Mikasa, she is very strong

Driiana

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Levi! From the very first moment his character was introduced. His character is completely badass, and also has a lot of depth. I would've chosen Jean too, if choosing more than one had been an option. :)

levi12

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Levi is my favourite characters In SnK

Nonis

Reaction score
Country
Malta
Krista the goddess