Favorite Male Supporting Character | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorite Male Supporting Character

Final Round - Favorite Male Supporting Character

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kindredxiuxiu

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think in general, SnK is going to snatch up a lot of awards this year. That being said, I have to vote for Broskander.

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
@Nii-san
It's beyond the hype. As much as Rider is formidable in his valiance and chivalry, Jean is one of the most 'human' characters I have come across, finely developed in the respective series. Honest and down-to-earth, he understands the struggles of his peers, and shows it by taking action, speaking out, standing up for them (specifically in confrontations between him and Eren, conversation between him and Armin.) It is not a common sight to see a character not only so openly speaks his mind, but also being able to identify the cause/motivation/source/reason for the actions of his equal.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I thought thought Lancer was the most interesting supporting characters from Fate/Zero. Lancer's honor, valor, and chivalry was contrasted so well by his masters cruel, duplicitous, and cowardly personality. Lancer's guilt at following the orders of such a cruel master felt so human, a good man forced to disregard his own moral standards.

BobobVanBlob

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I don't know if it's normal, but I can see the results of the poll, and well, BWAHAHAHA ! That's what I call an unexpected outcome !

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Lol wow nice! :D I didn't expect this, but I'm certainly not surprised either!

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I thought thought Lancer was the most interesting supporting characters from Fate/Zero. Lancer's honor, valor, and chivalry was contrasted so well by his masters cruel, duplicitous, and cowardly personality. Lancer's guilt at following the orders of such a cruel master felt so human, a good man forced to disregard his own moral standards.
But well, it did not help Lancer´s case that Urobuchi himself basically ridiculed Lancer´s code of honor, not to say i did not like him.
Rider certainly seems like the typical, loudmouthed brute but Urobuchi managed to put real substance into him, mostly through his aim in life (knowing his goal is unreachable but still striving for it) and of course his relationship to Waver. Lancer just got less exposure.

Don´t wanna say much regarding Jean, i don´t think he is an exceptional character deserving the award but that´s just my opinion after all.