Favorites - Favorite Pairing | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Favorite Pairing

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
What is your favorite paring?

Yuunuen

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
The only romance I can see is... Jean -----> Mikasa ------> Eren (?)
Yes, Mikasa has a huge devotion for Eren, but he doesn't care so I prefer Jean x Mikasa even if is impossible :P
anyways I think is too early for show a pairing and with all the destruction there I don't know if Hajime will put some romance, it would be dramatic. XD

monkey d scar

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Algeria
anyways I think is too early for show a pairing and with all the destruction there I don't know if Hajime will put some romance, it would be dramatic. XD
He already did with Franz and Hannah and yeah, you can say it ended in a dramatic way :darn

aeruz

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
i dont like this manga to have a love story to it, i like the way the three main characters protect each other,, if it has a pairing i would choose mikasa and eren, i love how eren saves mikasa when they were kids

Aldrich

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
I liked Annie and Armin's interactions and I think they make a cute couple of blond midgets.

But yeah that's the last manga I expect to see romance in.

Yumpo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I actually don't like romance in most mangas(when it comes to younger than 21 characters) simply because it ruins the fun of shipping XD.

I agree partly with Yuunuen. Here's my crazy ship polygon: Jean--->Mikasa---->Eren---->Annie---->Armin---->back to Eren.

But actually my preferred ships in order are Eren x Annie, Rivaille x Petra, Jean x Mikasa.

Eren x Annie:
Mikasa implied Eren has 特別な感情(special feelings, sentiments, etc.) for Annie. Eren doesn't seem to hate Annie entirely even though she's a titan. Eren even goes as far as having Annie to teach him her martial arts.

Rivaille x Petra:
That father implied marriage with Rivaille and Petra!! Rivaille only stops over Petra's dead body. OMG I wanna cry
Aurou sure likes imitating Rivaille and mentions he and Petra were in a relationship. Of course, Aurou was imitating Rivaille....but it could be just me.

Jean x Mikasa: Jean really seems to like Mikasa. That's for sure.

I just know my ships in this manga will never last. I'm pretty sure only Eren survives in the end of the manga. probably. (T-T)

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Isn't Petra dead? I agree with you about Eren and Annie.

Yumpo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Isn't Petra dead? I agree with you about Eren and Annie.
She is. But I still want to ship her with Rivaille. To me, it's like a tragicshipping. T-T

Georgie

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
hm. Other than the married couple/s and Hanna x Franz I don't think this manga has any official pairings. Yeah, sure Eren x Mikasa will probably get together by the end of the series--unless one of them gets killed first. We see a one sided romantic interest between Ymir and Krista and maybe, slowly, Krista is starting to love Ymir back (?). Then we have Petra crushing on Rivaille. I don't think they were a couple, I believe that Petra was just sending letters to her dad talking about her crush on Rivaille and her dad believed that her feelings were reciprocated. You know how dads are...when their daughter is friends with a guy they automatically think they are dating. And he was probably all excited that his daughter was "engaged" to someone as important as Rivaille. But, who knows?
Anyways, I don't think this manga has any room for romance to develop, unless some of the characters have already feelings for each other, just not expressed out in the open yet.

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Ymir x Historia.
Obviously.

THM Nindo

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
My favorite is definitely Armin X Annie.
And I really hope Annie won't stay in her crystal for too long, because she's my favorite character and I want to see more of her.

My second favorite pairing: Ymir X Krista!

They are so cute together.
Although, I don't know if Krista might ever return Ymir feelings, I really wish she would.

Other than that, I guess Connie and Sasha would be great together.
It would be nice to see them as a couple before they end up dead.

Then, there's Levi, who is probably gay for Erwin, and I really couldn't care less about that! (Damned Shoujo!!) :tem
The only pairing that I liked that included Levi was Levi X Petra, but this sadly never happened... :(

And lastly, Eren and Mikasa will probably end up together by the end of the manga.

Although, I don't dislike the Jean X Mikasa pairing either...
But, if that would happen, wouldn't the hero of the manga end up alone?! :s

Rather than ending up alone, I could possibly see him with Annie...
I quite like their interactions as Titans!! :tem

Last edited:

shingeki

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think you can ship Annie with Armin or even Eren.
Annie is a killer by choice. She killed many of their friends and that alone rules her out.

Eren and Mikasa is what Isayama wants us to keep wondering @.
Mikasa obviously has fallen for Eren a long time ago, even though she probably
doesn't fully realize it. She thinks she is being protective, but is likely new to this feeling.
We saw her blush a few times so she has feeling other than close friendship with Eren.

Eren is just a confused reactionary person. He needs to gow up some more before he
can be use in the team.

Armin is the smartest character in this series. Even smarter than Pixis. He just needs to believe in himself.
I think Armin has a boy crush on Eren, but this will probably not go any further in the Manga or Anime.

Levi and Hanji looks like a good ship. They are very compatible :)

Jean has a strong crush on Mikasa, but Mikasa's heart is for Eren.
It doesn't matter that Jean saved Mikasa in the last episode in the Manga.
You can't fight where your heart leads you to.

Last edited:

chikkychappy

Reaction score
Jean x Mikasa (OTP)
Rivaille x Petra

just those two

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Ooh I missed this thread before. I'll list all the pairings I've heard of and how I feel about each of them. Please keep in mind even if I don't like a pairing I have absolutely *nothing* against people shipping them, okay?

bold = I <3 this pairing
underline = I'm okay with/don't mind this pairing
italics = I don't get or just don't like this pairing
nothing = neutral

in vaguely chronological order...

Eren/Mikasa
Jean/Mikasa (barely out of the neutral zone thanks to latest chapter)
Jean/Eren (I only like it because it's hilarious; not serious at all)
Ymir/Krista (tragically beautiful)
Connie/Sasha (adorable goofballs!)
Mikasa/Sasha (so cute - look! <-- there's also Ymir/Krista and Annie/Mikasa-ish stuff in there)
Mikasa/Annie
Jean/Marco (weird because at first I just liked Marco, but lately I've gotten to like Jean more and more)
Levi/Eren
Reiner/Krista
Reiner/Bert
(again weird because I mostly only like Bert, but Reiner's okay)
Bert/Annie
Eren/Annie
Armin/Annie (tragic in a good way)
Erwin/Levi
Levi/Petra
Oluo/Petra
Mike/Erwin
Mike/Nanaba

Note even though I have seen all these couples thanks to tumblr, I am not hugely into shipping. If I ever do get seriously into any pairings, it'll be Ymir/Krista and Connie/Sasha though. :')

Last edited:

Yumpo

Reaction score
Country
United States
Surprisingly, this thread is still alive...T^T

@shingeki
Hey, it doesn't mean Annie is a killer you can't ship her with Eren or Armin. People still have the right to do that(even if I dislike ArminxAnnie, people still can ship them whenever they want. And I did kinda ship ErenxAnnie too...pretty much stopped now though).
And sure you can still ship Jean with Mikasa. It doesn't have to be reciprocated at all though. Some people just like to ship one-sided ships. If people gets delusional that Mikasa would reciprocate Jean's feelings, then just don't mind them. No need to bash.

Welp, anyway, kinda have a new ship now. I'm shipping HangexMoburito(Moblit, was it? One of Hange's squad members! Yay!). Okay but that's not my main ship at all.XD

I'm converted to BertxAnnie now. (Bye guys! XD. Me don't care about proofs no more. Just trusting Reiner's delusions until it's going to be stepped on by Isayama some day. XD)

Practically, the only ship I dislike right now is...ArminxAnnie(sorry kannazuki!! T^T). Yeah, I know feels everywhere between them maybe especially Annie. But no, just no. Personally, I don't wanna ship them. Armin pretty much sold Annie out(I think I said this in the top 10 thread somewhere.) and especially that words of torture in the latest chapter!! It's like really hurting my baby Annie! *cries* (I'd be screaming like Bert too). But it doesn't mean nobody should ship them. XD. I just don't wanna see these two together at all though. XDDD

Last edited:

chikkychappy

Reaction score
What makes you think Mikasa will look at Jean in that way
Why are you asking me such question.
Why don't you ask half the fandom where the fuck Irvin/Rivaille, Rivaille/Eren, Rivaille/Mikasa, Connie/Sasha, Bert/Rein, Jean/Marco etc come from.

At least my ship actually has canon basis. :devil-mad

Last edited:

THM Nindo

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Why are you asking me such question.
Why don't you ask half the fandom where the fuck Irvin/Rivaille, Rivaille/Eren, Rivaille/Mikasa, Connie/Sasha, Bert/Rein, Jean/Marco etc come from.

At least my ship actually has canon basis. :devil-mad
lol, I agree with you.
At least Jean/Mikasa is kinda canon, since it's pretty clear that Jean has feeling for her.

And let's be honest, if Eren doesn't love Mikasa in the same way as she loves him (ie : if he loves her as a sister).
Then, it's not impossible that she might see Jean as a potential lover.
Even more if he continue to save her ass when she's in trouble! :tem

PS: All of those Yaoi pairing come from nowhere and I really don't understand them.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
@Yumpo:
Haha, that's okay. Actually I demoted them a level to underline status upon thinking about it further, because you reminded me that this latest chapter, Armin pissed me off. But even the "loved" ones aren't particularly important to me. (The "liked" ones contradict each other too.) ^^;

@chikkychappy:
You'll probably have an easier time in fandom if you don't sweat it what other people ship (or what people think of your own ships)...

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Shingeki no Shippers Shippers are on all the threads actually... Seems there is more romance in it than in the mainstream shonen, huh. You can ship anyone but I think some choices are unlikely however I won't encourage people to not ship them. So far, . the couple I can really see becoming official is Conny X Sasha, I would be really astonished if it doesn't become official but one of them will die for sure. Now let's talk about the others.

Eren: There is 2 choices, Mikasa and Annie. First, remember Eren is a ship sinker himself, actually he isn't interested in love, he is titan sexual. It's obvious why a lot of people ship Eren X Mikasa but I don't think it's likely to happen. He likes her but like a sister and knows her well while Mikasa love him for years, I don't think she could become a character that he loves now. Eren X Annie seems much more realistic to me, Mikasa and Armin apart, he is closest to Reiner(please don't tell me Eren X Reiner is popular) and her. Eren's interactions with Annie are just the best, prove me wrong. He respects her and knows her hidden face.
And seriously when she said "I'll teach how to speak to girls" I whas like "WHAT? is Isayama teasing us?" It felt almost out of character for Annie(but it must be because we don't know her well) and then Mikasa appears. That scene has really significance for me.

Mikasa: Well, its; make or break here. She loves Eren and Jean loves her. I don't she will ever make a declaration but she is incredibly jealous too. But she says she just want to stay so... Actually Mikasa just can't notice Jean. And she is closer to Armin anyway since they are childhood friends,
I personally liked the scene where he let her alone with Eren and also where she was asking in tears why Eren is always running away from them, yes it was all about Eren but I found it heartwarming, I wonder why that ship is not popular...
Jean has a lot of work to do if he wants her. That guy is incredibly jealous too and even Sasha noticed he loves her...

Armin: Armin is clearly not interested in romance. People ship him with Eren but it'll never happen IMO. He has a close relationship with Mikasa and said he wanted to stay with his 2 friends forever too. The only time Armin really shown interest in girls was when Christa appeared. I guess it's possible then:XD. And seriously they would be damn cute together. His relationship with Annie is good too.

Reiner: He is suspected to be gay but I don't believe it, he also loves Christa
and not only because of her importance.
If he really is bi there is Reiner X Bert, Reiner X Christa could happen too. But oddly I think the most plausible choice would be
Reiner X Ymir.

Bert:
He loves Annie
. And if Reiner really is bi it means he has no feelings for his best friend since he ships Bert X Annie too unless he is hiding his feelings because he wants him to be happy.

Annie: Annie doesn't seem to care about romance too. But she is closer to Eren and respect Armin.
She was thinking about Eren's discussion with Jean when she said Marlo is special and no doubt she thinks Armin is special too. And we have Bert who actual hates Armin:rolleyes:. Her relationship with R&B is rather complicated but I don't think she thinks highly of them and since Bert is not very heroic himself, I don't think she thinks of him as a "special". We didn't see her interacts with him too, probably because Bert is too shy?
Actually there is mostly 4 choices for Annie:3c, she really is popular I want Annie too! Eren X Annie, Annie X Armin, Annie X Reiner then Annie X Bert. They are the most plausible choice respectively for me.

Bert: See Reiner and Annie entry.

Jean: See Mikasa entry.

I don't think I need to talk about Conny and Sasha, I am just waiting to see them together in 4 years.

Christa: Oh Christa, you better don't die, you'll break a lot of hearts. Ymir loves her, Reiner too and she even managed to attract Jean and Armin for a while. It's said a lot of guys we don't know love her too. Ymir loves her but does she really want to be romantically involved? I don't have this impression but I could be wrong and I know Christa really likes her, maybe she has feelings for her but I think it's purely friendship. I don't think it will happen but it could. I need to see Reiner interacting more with Christa but he is the one who loves her the most actually. If she is interested in girls there is Christa X Sasha too:teehee.

Ymir: See Reiner and Christa entry.

I noticed we really need to see more Eren's interactions where he is not going berserk, he is really a sweet boy. I want to know more of his human side, I really liked his interactions with Armin in the Trost arc, he has a good interactions with Reiner and his interactions with Annie are the best ones. It's really a pleasure to see him discuss with others, Levi and Hange included.

Last edited: