Favorites - Favorite Pairing | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Favorites Favorite Pairing

RIplian

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Good to know (after lurking here for a bit) that other people like Eren and Annie.

Although in my case I like Annie longing after Eren, with Eren being a platonic "married to mission" ass. Which puts her in a similar position as Mikasa. Sort of. Does it help to say my view is extremely skewed by Isayama's Word of God blog post, and Attack on Titan Jr. High?

Anyway:
1. Annie ---> Eren
2. Ymir and Historia.
3. Reiner wanting but failing to get Bernholt.
4. Hange trying something fishy with Eren.

BobobVanBlob

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Good to know (after lurking here for a bit) that other people like Eren and Annie.

Although in my case I like Annie longing after Eren, with Eren being a platonic "married to mission" ass. Which puts her in a similar position as Mikasa. Sort of. Does it help to say my view is extremely skewed by Isayama's Word of God blog post, and Attack on Titan Jr. High?

Anyway:
1. Annie ---> Eren
2. Ymir and Historia.
3. Reiner wanting but failing to get Bernholt.
4. Hange trying something fishy with Eren.
Welcome to the forum, I don't know why but I like point number 4, Eren as a lab rat pleases me.

And I just realized that the Junior High thing had a foreshadowing of Hitch and Jean's interaction, a huge slap in the face with a paper-fan (instead of a branch).

RIplian

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Thanks for the welcoming!

Oh, and she hit him just on the same side of the head with it as well.

However, if we go by that, then we have to consider that somehow Hitch tries the old reach around with Annie. Not to mention the thing with Eren saving Annie from ice cream.

Hmm...

Yeah, it would be much better.

PatternAgainstUser

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think they have much of a shot at all, but Armin x Annie is my favorite ship, partially because I like each character a lot independently, and partially because I liked their interactions. They're both interested in morality intellectually but also are capable of abandoning their values to whatever degree to get things done (then later feeling remorse about it). Because of his lack of physical abilities, Armin resorts to doing some pretty manipulative things (I hope his corruption continues--it makes him a more interesting character imo). I don't even really care that much about a romance (my real Armin ship might be him and his grandfather's book). But I hope we get to see more interactions between Armin and Annie. I feel like I got to know each character a bit by better by the things they said to each other.

As for Eren x Annie, I enjoyed how they played off each other too, but it did always seem like Eren's interest was entirely platonic. (And I think I might be biased against it because I saw the anime first, and the manga plays up the non-platonic aspects more than the show does). Annie's suggestion that he learn how to talk to her girls was a bit flirty, so I think she was probably attracted to him to a degree, but at the end of the day, she seemed more to respect him than to experience "longing." Annie and especially Eren are both very mission-oriented, which makes me think they wouldn't balance each other out that well. I don't really get the support for Bert x Annie. Nothing against Bert and his crush, but since we never really got to see them interact in-scene (unless I'm overlooking something?), I have no investment. (Someone mentioned an Annie x Mikasa crack ship. I agree that could be hot in an angsty sort of way...).

I guess I don't really ship Eren with anyone. tbh I would feel bad for anyone involved with somebody that one-track-minded about titan-killing. And I'm especially against Eren-Mikasa. She's been so obsessed with him for so long that if they ever got together, the power balance would always be so skewed. That said, Eren obviously cares about Mikasa deeply, and I think her feelings for him are more than just romantic (meaning that even if he outright declared he would never have any romantic feelings for her, they still have a deep bond, and I think she could handle it). So yeah, I like their friendship/family-ness a lot! As for Jean x Mikasa, I think Jean's feelings for Mikasa fall more in crush territory than obsession, so I'm less against it than Mikasa x Eren. Jean and Mikasa'd probably have a shot at a more stable relationship (and one that could expose new sides of both characters, rather than hammering in Mikasa's protectiveness towards Eren). But I don't see that happening as long as Eren's around. Idk. I'm not particularly invested in Jean x Mikasa. Indifferent. But not against it.

Ymir x Historia is pretty impossibly sweet. Even if it turns out that Historia does not return Ymir's romantic feelings, they clearly care about each other intensely (can't wait to watch it end in tragedy).

My heart's not on the line for it, but I'm all for some Springles. Did somebody mention Hanji x Levi? I think that could be pretty funny.

Also re: Reiner's sexuality. I got the sense he was just joking about himself. Idk if this is only translation, but he says that he "didn't think I looked like the kind of guy who's interested in women." Notice he doesn't say anything about liking guys, just about not liking women--which we obviously know is false, since he digs Krista/Christa/Historia. On the other hand, that doesn't necessarily mean he's straight either. I guess I just didn't read anything into it. I could go for some Reiner X Bert tho, I guess.

But yeah, like other people have mentioned, I do like that the series plays down romantic/sexual relationships. Allows for more ambiguity and speculation--friendships often end up more interesting than love stories anyway. Who-has-a-crush-on-who plots can become crutches (The plot isn't moving along or there isn't enough tension, so just through in an easy love story).

Last edited:

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Did somebody mention Hanji x Levi? I think that could be pretty funny.
I don't recall if anybody else did, but I'm pretty sure I mentioned them. I only really care about Historia/Ymir myself, but LeviHan is among the ships I support. I think tey'd be really sweet together, the way he calls her "shitty glasses" can easily be taken as a secret pet name if one wants, and they work well as a team.

Also re: Reiner's sexuality. I got the sense he was just joking about himself. Idk if this is only translation, but he says that he "didn't think I looked like the kind of guy who's interested in women." Notice he doesn't say anything about liking guys, just about not liking women--which we obviously know is false, since he digs Krista/Christa/Historia. On the other hand, that doesn't necessarily mean he's straight either. I guess I just didn't read anything into it. I could go for some Reiner X Bert tho, I guess.
We've been over it many times. I'd've been all for Reiner coming out that way but unfortunately, that was one Edited Manga's mistranslation. It was Ymir who was teasing him with the line about not being into women (an add-on where she jokingly corrects herself about him being on the prowl for women), and he was the one who came back with her not being into men. So his orientation remains a mystery.

Last edited:

TheOwl

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Albania
I don't think they have much of a shot at all, but Armin x Annie is my favorite ship, partially because I like each character a lot independently, and partially because I liked their interactions. They're both interested in morality intellectually but also are capable of abandoning their values to whatever degree to get things done (then later feeling remorse about it). Because of his lack of physical abilities, Armin resorts to doing some pretty manipulative things (I hope his corruption continues--it makes him a more interesting character imo). I don't even really care that much about a romance (my real Armin ship might be him and his grandfather's book). But I hope we get to see more interactions between Armin and Annie. I feel like I got to know each character a bit by better by the things they said to each other.

As for Eren x Annie, I enjoyed how they played off each other too, but it did always seem like Eren's interest was entirely platonic. Annie's suggestion that he learn how to talk to her girls was a bit flirty, so I think she was probably attracted to him to a degree, but at the end of the day, she seemed more to respect him than to experience "longing." Annie and especially Eren are both very mission-oriented, which makes me think they wouldn't balance each other out that well. I don't really get the support for Bert x Annie. Nothing against Bert and his crush, but since we never really got to see them interact in-scene (unless I'm overlooking something?), I have no investment. (Someone mentioned an Annie x Mikasa crack ship. I agree that could be hot in an angsty sort of way...).

I guess I don't really ship Eren with anyone. tbh I would feel bad for anyone involved with somebody that one-track-minded about titan-killing. And I'm especially against Eren-Mikasa. She's been so obsessed with him for so long that if they ever got together, the power balance would always be so skewed. That said, Eren obviously cares about Mikasa deeply, and I think her feelings for him are more than just romantic (meaning that even if he outright declared he would never have any romantic feelings for her, they still have a deep bond, and I think she could handle it). So yeah, I like their friendship/family-ness a lot! As for Jean x Mikasa, I think Jean's feelings for Mikasa fall more in crush territory than obsession, so I'm less against it than Mikasa x Eren. Jean and Mikasa'd probably have a shot at a more stable relationship (and one that could expose new sides of both characters, rather than hammering in Mikasa's protectiveness towards Eren). But I don't see that happening as long as Eren's around. Idk. I'm not particularly invested in Jean x Mikasa. Indifferent. But not against it.

Ymir x Historia is pretty impossibly sweet. Even if it turns out that Historia does not return Ymir's romantic feelings, they clearly care about each other intensely (can't wait to watch it end in tragedy).

My heart's not on the line for it, but I'm all for some Springles. Did somebody mention Hanji x Levi? I think that could be pretty funny.

But yeah, like other people have mentioned, I do like that the series plays down romantic/sexual relationships. Allows for more ambiguity and speculation--friendships often end up more interesting than love stories anyway. Who-has-a-crush-on-who plots can become crutches (The plot isn't moving along or there isn't enough tension, so just through in an easy love story).
I like BertlxAnnie because they're on the same side. No matter how significant the Armin/Annie or Eren/Annie interactions, they're enemies, for now at least. Besides, I want Bertl to get a chick so that fans could stop considering him as a Moe.

Reiner's sexuality is a mystery, but to be honest I dislike the ReinerxBertl pairing because of the seme/uke mechanic in this relationship. This is the reason I like JeanxEren; since they are too similar to each-other, the seme/uke would be nonexistent.

kannazuki

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I like BertlxAnnie because they're on the same side. No matter how significant the Armin/Annie or Eren/Annie interactions, they're enemies, for now at least. Besides, I want Bertl to get a chick so that fans could stop considering him as a Moe.

Reiner's sexuality is a mystery, but to be honest I dislike the ReinerxBertl pairing because of the seme/uke mechanic in this relationship. This is the reason I like JeanxEren; since they are too similar to each-other, the seme/uke would be nonexistent.
I don't think Bert being with Annie would make him less moe for you. If anything he'd be even more moe, imo. :teehee

I thought I was the only one who liked the idea of Jean/Eren! Nice to see there's somebody else. (I'm not a fan of the seme/uke thing either.) :')

PatternAgainstUser

Reaction score
Country
United States
Word. I think can't really ship anything without seeing some in-scene interactions, but I'm definitely curious to learn more about the dynamic between the trio. So I hope SnK keeps exploring the relationship (platonic, romantic, whatever) between Bertl and Annie. At least in the chapter that introduced the ship, Bertl's crush seemed to function mostly as a device to humanize him (and the trio as a whole). I thought this was a pretty concise, effective way to signal that these destructive titan-shifters are also human teenagers (although I'm not exactly sure how aging works for shifters? Ymir is like 75, right?). So...idk. Again, I'm not terribly invested in them getting together, but I'm pretty curious to see them around each other, if that makes sense.

LoveErenxAnnie

Reaction score
Country
United States
My first favorite pairing was, is and always will be ErenxAnnie. I can absolutely see it more than I can see ErenxMikasa and ArminxAnnie. Though I really don't see ArminxAnnie. Eren and Annie relationship seems to be the most logical. I see Mikasa with either Jean or Levi, though its closer to Jean. I mean, if anyone is able to get Mikasa from obsessing over Eren it would be Jean. Armin might be with Krista/Historia or someone we don't know about. If not, it'll be ReinerxKrista/Historia. I will now post all the pairings I like to see (though some won't due to deaths) in order meaning first is the best while last is the worst. Here it is:
1. ErenxAnnie
2. JeanxMikasa
3.ArminxKrista/Historia
4. ReinerxKrista/Historia
5. ErenxMikasa
6. ErenxHistoria
7. LevixHanji
8. ArminxMikasa
9. ConniexSasha
10. ErwinxHanji
11. JeanxHitch
12. MarlowexHitch
13. LevixMikasa
14. JeanxSasha

Demonspeed

The Rampaging Noble
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Pairings won't necessarily happen, some could die...

Nonis

Reaction score
Country
Malta
eren x historia is the only pairing i like