Discussion - Favourite Villains Discussion | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Favourite Villains Discussion

Crescent Jinx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Kingdom of Fiore
1. F. Rogue and Zeref ( both enter that gray area and have questionable motives even tho they did/do bad things.... was their intentions truly bad? I love villains that have layers)
2. Mard Greer (because I thought he would awakened END back then and actually felt threatened by him, like he could kill one of the characters)
3. Jellal,
4. Hades,
5. Azuma,
7. Ultear,
8. Freed (struggling against what to do but also being a villain and not an immediate turn coat) ,
9. Knightwalker,
10. Minerva,
11. Jose (underappreciated),
12. Midnight,
13. Kyoka (who is only villain I truly hated and wanted defeated in a humiliating way)

Best "evil" incarnation was Acnologia as a dragon = the fear of never being able to touch something so imposing and brilliant and awful.

Last edited:

tertonon

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Jose (underappreciated),
I like him too actually. He is pretty classic villain, classic evil grin,
classic wish to get revenge on rivals, and besides he is leader of guild , which was created as "opposing force" to Fairy Tail.
. And i like his magic.
But it's probably true that not many people like him as a villain......

Now, tell me, which one do you like the most and why?
Seven Kin i guess. May be it's because they are Hades's team from Grimoire Heart, or because ,
like i said about Hades, they were MONSTROUS threat when they appeared at Tenrou island. ( the whole battle was at place where the grave of the first master exist. That's quite epic) Or may be because there was such tremendous battles like Makarov vs Hades ( 3rd master vs 2nd master), Azuma vs Erza ( awesome battle), Guildarts vs Bluenote ( sorry, i just can't comment battle of THAT level) , Natsu vs Zancrow ( Dragon Slayer meets God Slayer) and etc. Fairy Tail's story showed that darkness has many forms, but when i saw Grimoire Heart i thought something like: "Is this ultimate evil?" But of course there is "always fish bigger". ( but i just remember how many chills gave me Tenrou arc ( obviously other arcs put me on edge too, but i don't know the right words for this arc. There was something special about gorgeous Fairy Tail team fighting previous master of Fairy Tairy. Can't explain it..... ) So it's probably because of how epic battles with them were. Sorry for being obvious. >_<

I also want to say something about Oracion Seis. There are many reasons about them, but i tell one of them at moment.
When their past was shown, they were were shown like so pure children. And after what happened to them they have become so consumed by darkness. But finally thanks to Fairy Tail and others they becoming more pure again. That's kinda .... cool.

Last edited:

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
1. Mard Geer
2.Hades
3.Acnologia
4.Silver
5.August

A.ulq

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
Tbh, this series doesn't have a worthy villain yet(imo), the only villain that has potential is Zeref but he seems to be in the middle of family drama. So I'll give this one to his neurotic stalker Hades

LighteningLord

Reaction score
Country
India
Best villains?? Well, here it goes:
1) Acnologia
2) Mard Geer
3) Master Hedes
4) Giemma
5) Byro Cracy

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Acnologia puts all the other villains to shame when it comes to imposing a threat.
Zeref is interesting as he seems to be a nice person deep down.
Hades for being the first villain in which seemed to overpower the main cast in a significant fashion.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
It's pretty obvious that best villain objectively is Mard Geer. He didn't give a shit about anything, he was about to rid the world of magic by activating face, killing off the entire council, not fearing Acnologia and Igneel. And simply said "these dragons have caused problems" because he knew once FACE was on, Acnologia was nothing more than a short brown human.
To be fair, the only reason Acnologia didn't just oneshot Tartarus was because of Igneel intercepting the roar and then keeping Acnologia occupied in combat. If they had set aside their differences, they could have disabled face in the same way the other dragons did - even after face activated.

BananaBunny

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I don't really see Zeref as a villain, I pity the guy. He had a rough past.
Kyoka was my favorite villain. She was a person/demon who really was a villain in my eyes. She was an absolute and complete sadist who I hated. She was something else that kept me interested and of course wanted her dead because ya'know Erza.
Acnologia isn't a villain. He is like God-Tier right now but that opnion could change if we see God Ankseram's power. He is like something that you have to defeat but can't but I wanna know what will happen to him in the end.

GamerSkull

Reaction score
Country
United States
Since i don't particularly see Zeref as a villain, I'll keep him off this list.

1. Acnologia
2. Mard Geer
3. Hades
4. Irene
5. Larcade
6. Jackal
7. Dimaria
8. Future Rogue
9. Erza Knightwalker
10. Brain/Zero

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Alright, gonna make an updated list cause my initial post here is cringe worthy in hindsight ("Brandish has made it clear that she won't be switching sides" :yodawg). In no particular order.

Acnologia --> Cause he's fucking awesome. When you have a lot of presence, you don't need charisma, depth or characterization.
Mard Geer --> A poor mans Madara is still a poor mans Madara which is top-tier villain by FT standards. One of the best characters in it in fact.
August --> Actually cares for teammates, second most presence in the series, great dialogue and awesome powers and design.
DiMaria --> Great design and powers, a little bit of depth going for her as well.
Hades --> Poor mans August, pretty cool villain.

Why some characters aren't here that used to be:
Zeref --> Negative presence at this point, wouldn't mind if August sucked out all his youth and replaced him as a villain.
Irene --> She was average, sky rocketed w/flashback and dropped back down with the recent events. Cool dragon form tho.
Brandish --> :yodawg

Static

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Alright, gonna make an updated list cause my initial post here is cringe worthy in hindsight ("Brandish has made it clear that she won't be switching sides" :yodawg). In no particular order.

Acnologia --> Cause he's fucking awesome. When you have a lot of presence, you don't need charisma, depth or characterization.
Mard Geer --> A poor mans Madara is still a poor mans Madara which is top-tier villain by FT standards. One of the best characters in it in fact.
August --> Actually cares for teammates, second most presence in the series, great dialogue and awesome powers and design.
DiMaria --> Great design and powers, a little bit of depth going for her as well.
Hades --> Poor mans August, pretty cool villain.

Why some characters aren't here that used to be:
Zeref --> Negative presence at this point, wouldn't mind if August sucked out all his youth and replaced him as a villain.
Irene --> She was average, sky rocketed w/flashback and dropped back down with the recent events. Cool dragon form tho.
Brandish --> :yodawg
Totally agree with this list bro, Acnologia, August, Hades and Mard Geer best FT villains. :hip

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
My favorite is still Deliora. Probably will always be my favorite villain in this series.

Dude never talks.

He just stomps all over the land like a sleepy zombie and makes these eerie demonic roars/growls. Not to mention, he wrecks havoc and causes destruction in his wake while he's at it.

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Mard geer: dude was just badass all round. His design was pretty sick to

Hades: I liked his character, an aspect of his character I like is that he was part of the fairy tail guild he was one of the founding members and he became a guild master but I think down the line when his friends were gone he kinda just got depressed and felt lonely, it's an aspect of his character I like.

Ignia: I don't need to say much about him. I just hope he delivers

Zero: I like him to.

Aldoron: he won a verbal argument against natsu. He was also badass

Ultear: she's hot asf her relationship with gray is awesome and her backstory was really good to

Future rogue: I also think he's cool

When I choose my favorite villains I don't necessarily look at backstory I look at the dominance they assert in an arc, if they can actually FIGHT especially in a series like fairy tail where villains can't take more than two hits. Backstory is more like an addon. I just need that WOW effect from a villain. Stuff like motivation and the rest are secondary. I know it's weird but that's how I like it. I've also noticed that anytime mashima tries to give personalities or backstories to the villains, when he tries to add more depth to a villain in fairy tail there's a high chance it'll backfire. The villains that work well in fairy tail are villains who go against the very ideologies natsu stands for. As you'll notice only two of my favorites are very well written characters the rest are your typical bad guys but I like it like that. It's weird but I enjoy it 😄. Also I love villains that can fight, I don't want softies like haku, Misaki, kirin, most of the spriggans. Atleast don't lose in two attacks

sree

Reaction score
Country
India
Not in any particular order

1.Acnologia
2.Mard Geer
3.Evil Jellal
4.Hades
5.Ignia
6.Future Rogue
7.Aldoron

Surprisingly none from Alvarez arc except Acnologia. Dude was straight up beast. Good thing he went with continent power.

Garmadooon

Reaction score
Country
France
Mard Geer : The true Chad of FT

Ignia : I love his design and his arrogance

Ultear : The second best girl of the show I love her design she is the only well written female vilaine

Jellal : When he was a vilain he was one of my favorite characters, he was a real alpha and didn't give a fuck about anything.

Hades : I love his design and he gave us the best fight with Team Natsu.

Last edited:

SleipnirX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mard Geer - a villain actually fighting and winning against Sting, Rogue & Natsu, and basically only going down to a type advantage from Gray? Actual tactics in a fight? What a high point, a shame how far it’s all declined since then.

Brain/ Zero - interesting motive, plan and powers. He definitely felt like a significant step up from what had gone before as the first Balam boss.

Ignia - conjecture, but he’s very well placed as a meaningful enemy for Natsu. After Zeref basically meant nothing as Natsu didn’t remember him, I hope the fact Ignia is Igneel’s son is used in some way, and he’s not just another super strong opponent lined up for Natsu to deck.

Hades - sort of like a proto-Mard with the team effort to take him down.

Phantom lord as a whole - the worldbuilding out of this was pretty great. A rivalry between Fairy Tail and another guild for top spot is a good concept, and with phantom being willing to be underhanded it was even better. Certainly better than the GMG equivalent. It introduced Gajeel and Juvia in a way that made their enemies-allies flip more palatable, and gave them some history together that’s remained (if even still a bit underutilised). Jose was pretty good, he had a couple of good tricks up his sleeve, and genuinely dislikable even if not the most powerful!