Discussion - Formula One Grand Prix Racing Thread | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Formula One Grand Prix Racing Thread

Black Lagoon

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Yeah, the rules suck ... they broke the rules in Imola 1994 (Senna and Ratzenberberger 's death) but now ...-_-;

and by the way Red bull looks really good this year. :o

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Two races so far in this season and both are won by Sebastian Vettel. As much as having a good start of the year matters, it does not necessarily means Sebastian Vettel will be the winner. F1 is really an unpredictable sports. Anyway, what are your thoughts, hopes, and expectation for this year?

Enn

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
This thread needs more loving.

2011 wasn't as exciting as 2010, obviously, because Vettel made it sure it was his win.

Anyway, Kimi Räikkönen will be back next season! I wonder how he'd fare with Alonso.

thornofcarrion

The Original
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I would have loved to see Kimi back at Ferrari. Vettel already proved himself. About Alonso, I agree with you.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bumping this up again, if anyone's interested or following F1 yet.... maybe create a new thread if people are interested?

Daniel Curtis

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've watched a few F1 races and I've played some of the F1 video games. I have to say I like what I've seen overall. I'm more of a NASCAR/IndyCar guy but F1 is a cool sport from what I've seen. I need to spend more time watching it.​

Kiraih

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Finland
I'm huge fan. Been watching the series from -97. Mostly I've been rooting for Finnish drivers (Kimi being the hero ofcourse) but I also like many other drivers. I also enjoy F1-games a lot. Currently I'm driving on one league for Codemasters F1-game and I've just been approved on betatester for upcoming F1 2017 game. Looking forward to it.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
its been 4 years, lol.... anyone still here? Kimi announced his retirement, end of an era....

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
After a decade long sabbatical following Kubica's accident, I returned to full time watching in late 2020. Hopefully the driver I cheer on (GR63) will have a more fortunate path this time around.

Red Bull is the fastest car this year, so, I expect Verstappen to win the championship, but there have been extraordinary incidents thus far, keeping it very close.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Max is a gifted racer, i would love to see him win the championship...

Sochi was an amazing race, felt sorry for Lando... but given his experience, i am sure he thought he was making the right decision.. I feel like Lewis would have still gotten very close if Lando had changed to intermediate at the right time, and probably even overtaken him considering how good he is in the wet.. But Lando would still have got a podium out of it...

Anyways, the best season since 2016.
fter a decade long sabbatical following Kubica's accident, I returned to full time watching in late 2020. Hopefully the driver I cheer on (GR63) will have a more fortunate path this time around.
Gr63 has had an amazing season, and fight for the title next year surely. Next year will be amazing, even qualifying with him in a good car seat... Are you excited about the next gp in your country?

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Max is a gifted racer, i would love to see him win the championship...

Sochi was an amazing race, felt sorry for Lando... but given his experience, i am sure he thought he was making the right decision.. I feel like Lewis would have still gotten very close if Lando had changed to intermediate at the right time, and probably even overtaken him considering how good he is in the wet.. But Lando would still have got a podium out of it...

Anyways, the best season since 2016.
As a life-time JPM fanboy, the Verstappen family name is a trauma!
Joke aside, it'd be crazy unlikely if he never won it. He is the best racer of his generation, even though we have yet to see George in a decent car and Charles in a team with better strategy :toc

Sochi might have been the race of the year for me so far, and it ended in immense drama. I put more of the blame on McLaren, as they should have been more decisive whichever way they are going. Lando, leading a grand prix into the last few laps, had a totally different mindset. But either way, heart breaks do happen, such is Formula 1.

Gr63 has had an amazing season, and fight for the title next year surely. Next year will be amazing, even qualifying with him in a good car seat... Are you excited about the next gp in your country?
That, too, leaves a sour taste in my mouth, because the first grand prix held here was in 2005, and I took it granted, saying I'd attend next year, and JPM did not return for 2006. I guess that's part of the reason why I'll never go there on person now, hah. Turkey is generally a decent race. It'll be a shame if it misses out being on the calendar again, but I can see that happening due to outside-race reasons, unfortunately.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
As a life-time JPM fanboy, the Verstappen family name is a trauma!
I feel like you are speaking through my head... honestly.... :D :D
brasil 2001, never forget... hehe
I was a Montoya fan since that race.... he really took the challenge to Schumacher albeit Williams reliability gave it away..... 2003 was another decent season for him, but realistically speaking, he also made mistakes.. didnt stop me cheering him though... atleast till Alonso in 2005

Sochi might have been the race of the year for me so far, and it ended in immense drama. I put more of the blame on McLaren, as they should have been more decisive whichever way they are going. Lando, leading a grand prix into the last few laps, had a totally different mindset. But either way, heart breaks do happen, such is Formula 1.
Well, they did ask him what to do, but yes, since he was the leader, he wouldn't have known turn 7 was getting hard and McLaren should've made the call...

Atleast his engine didnt blow on the last lap, that's happened to McLaren twice atleast.

That, too, leaves a sour taste in my mouth, because the first grand prix held here was in 2005, and I took it granted, saying I'd attend next year, and JPM did not return for 2006. I guess that's part of the reason why I'll never go there on person now, hah. Turkey is generally a decent race. It'll be a shame if it misses out being on the calendar again, but I can see that happening due to outside-race reasons, unfortunately.
will be fun this year though... Hamilton is strong there, so is Vettel... Max has to win to boost his confidence and take away from Lewis....

Rain predicted on Saturday and Sunday, so that's makes the race even more interesting.

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
I feel like you are speaking through my head... honestly.... :D :D
brasil 2001, never forget... hehe
I was a Montoya fan since that race.... he really took the challenge to Schumacher albeit Williams reliability gave it away..... 2003 was another decent season for him, but realistically speaking, he also made mistakes.. didnt stop me cheering him though... atleast till Alonso in 2005
To be objective, I think he never was the perfect driver, but damn, he was a goddamn hell of a racer. I think 2003 was definitely winnable with things going his way in a race or two. Obviously, BMW had huge reliability issues. Though, so did Mercedes. In general, reliability issues were way more common. Smoke coming out a car's engine was more common, at least. I miss both him and BMW in the sport.

Well, they did ask him what to do, but yes, since he was the leader, he wouldn't have known turn 7 was getting hard and McLaren should've made the call...

Atleast his engine didnt blow on the last lap, that's happened to McLaren twice atleast.
He was commenting on the then-current situation. I think McLaren as a team expressed that was the case. They thought it'd be fine since they thought the rain would stay as it was, but it just got worse. Literal weather gamble.

will be fun this year though... Hamilton is strong there, so is Vettel... Max has to win to boost his confidence and take away from Lewis....

Rain predicted on Saturday and Sunday, so that's makes the race even more interesting.
Rain on Saturday might help George again, that'd be nice. However, Williams will have a hard time trying to fend off other cars in Turkey. Too much space to cover on defense, almost impossible.
I think we might go right back to Lewis-Max on track battles after the Sochi break.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
He was commenting on the then-current situation. I think McLaren as a team expressed that was the case. They thought it'd be fine since they thought the rain would stay as it was, but it just got worse. Literal weather gamble.
yea, i saw the recent radio messages with other teams, who gambled on intermediate based on the predicted weather, so McLaren are also responsible...

Rain on Saturday might help George again, that'd be nice. However, Williams will have a hard time trying to fend off other cars in Turkey. Too much space to cover on defense, almost impossible.
I think we might go right back to Lewis-Max on track battles after the Sochi break
yup, if anything, rain will disrupt the typical order and we may see a new podium along with an extensive battle between max and lewis. Both of them drive well in wets, so the fight will be amazing to witness

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Engine penalty for Lewis this weekend. Yet another weekend of a contender trying to climb up is coming. Now, can't wait for qualifying to happen.

This, and RBR favored Mexico can put a significant points gap in favor of Max.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yea, quali will be interesting... I hope Inspector Seb sees the opportunity to get into a podium.

But with rain predicted, it may come down to tire management, and we know Lewis is the best at it... I wouldn't count him out just yet....

Max is great in wet weather, but looking at last year, we all counted Lewis out of it at the start, and yet he made it and won. Max lost it because of his own mistakes