Voting Round 3 - Fullmetal Alchemist vs. Goodnight Punpun | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Fullmetal Alchemist vs. Goodnight Punpun

Who wins?

• Fullmetal Alchemist

• Goodnight Punpun

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Before voting I suggest looking at the draw. If you want to see Bleach or Koe no Katachi take this war you should auto-vote Punpun right now. FMA is a beast of a manga, few series can stand against it. Heck if you want any other manga to win just votelock Punpun now. To tame this beast we need to join together!
Them next level tactics almost convinced me (I would so love it if Bleach won).

I approve of these underhanded techniques!
:verily

Last edited:

Dunno1978

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Before voting I suggest looking at the draw. If you want to see Bleach or Koe no Katachi take this war you should auto-vote Punpun right now. FMA is a beast of a manga, few series can stand against it. Heck if you want any other manga to win just votelock Punpun now. To tame this beast we need to join together!
Sorry, I didn't follow this tactic, but if Bleach wins over KnK, I will help FMA to achieve victory over it.

Anti Hero 3:16

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Going for FMA due to my man edward elric and winry rockbell who unlike the orher shonen heroines are nor damsel in distress nor annoying nor shoved in people's face.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well normally there wouldn't be a chance for me to vote against FMA, but Brandish has done a really great campaign with Punpun :zomg While I see... absolutely nothing for FMA :oh No offense, but that's actually kinda mean and disrespectful if you ask me. Even if you think you won't lose, showing no effort at all goes against the spirit of this war...

Hence PunPun gets my vote. Even if it's likely going to lose, you still put up a good fight Brandy :nod

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
Reaction score
Country
England
I'm so certain I will get meme'd for this... gonna prepare myself for that.

*Switch modes on* Okay, I will show Randi some gratitude since I never have read Punpun and might read it. Time to write something *post in process*.

Why I like FMA so much and nominated it is simple:

- Just because! *Stares at Erin-chan*

- I love the story building in this manga. Like, seriously, it has fanatsy, comedy, adventure, action, magic, science, politic and it's mysterious.. actually short said: It literally has the total package that a shounen manga can, imho.

- I like the characters and find them interesting. The characters are seriously perfectly developed imo. You literally learn so much in their process. No one feels uhm.... one dimensional so called.

- The fights in FMA aren't just there because of lel fights which you can find in other manga's. For example, the fights in FMA are dynamic or at least they feel dynamic and aren't there just for the sake of the fights. These fights are mostly there for the amibitions of the characters and are quite relevant for the process.

This is prolly one of the intense fights that FMA had and not in the context of strengt or anything, but in emotion. Roy Mustang~

There is actually a lot going in the plot and it never really bored me. For those who haven't read FMA (and seen) it yet, I highly recommend it. Just take your time, be prepared for some nice & sad moments, enjoy it, and of course have fun. That's what the story is all doing to you unless your name is TotalEcon-chan :kappa

Man.. after writing this.... I kinda miss Greed again... since he was one of my favo's.

Tfw typing this through my mobile. That took me some time. Well, not sure what I should write more about it atm.

Oh well, now time to get meme'd... -w-
Oh gosh... I am feeling it already guys...... it's coming to me. DON'T DARE TO MAKE ME DIZZY!

Last edited:

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Well 1st want to congrats Brandish for having introduced what seems to be an absolutly amazing series and for this wonderful campaign, i ll definitely try to check this out.

Its not an easy choice for me, as i love FMa a lot and as demon said Im the one who who was surprised it wasn't yet nominated and wanted to see it nominated. I've already voted 1st round against FMA to support Farf, but I don't want to do it a second time, as it would be so wrong as i was the one who asked for Fma, and wrong considering how much i love it and considering I havent read PunPun yet. Sorry again Brandish.

♥♥♥ just this ost is ♥♥♥ (i know we're not voting for anime but still its so great :zomg)

Fma is one of the few series that managed to nearly make me cry, im usually quite heartless and basically never cry when im watching sad stuff, but Fma ha so much feels moments I can't forget.

This one definitely hurt me :pout

And this one.

One of the greatest topic is, family bonds andmore specifically, parenthood portraying, parental figures (the worst father/husband ever and the best one, above).
Political/wars issues, manipulation, and also moral dilemma, are also a constant questioning FMa brought, all along the story, "is it ok to kill becouse we are ordered to ?" " Is it ok to obey a leader who's doing wrong ?" etc.

Also great Fma has absolutely great female char.
The best one imo :

also lan fan & riza & izumi

Fma is a great story with a solid plot, great character writing and with some really feels moments & funny parts.

And seriously FMA deserves to win just for Armstrong :zomg

Last edited:

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Roy Mustang:soclose:soclose Burn Burn testicles burn burn baby burn...

Ice

Reaction score
Country
North Pole
FMA :3

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Sorry, I didn't follow this tactic, but if Bleach wins over KnK, I will help FMA to achieve victory over it.
Oh! Thanks for remind me this.
I think Asano would be a nice challenge to Tite than Arakawa, so... just for the authors, gotta vote Pun Pun.

Dunno1978

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Oh! Thanks for remind me this.
I think Asano would be a nice challenge to Tite than Arakawa, so... just for the authors, gotta vote Pun Pun.
No problem, I actually made a promise, since KnK is so well-written and more beautiful than Bleach, that if it loses... I'll help "release the beast" by voting for it.

Last edited:

TotalEconomist

For the Empire!
Reaction score
Country
United Nations
Ok, allow me to nitpick but ever since this event started I don't recall seeing a single MANGA image from FMA ç.ç
Yes, because the anime is vastly superior in every way.

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Tuvalu
But this is a mango competition '-'
The art in the anime for sure is way better, and it feels like cheating for people to be using it in here to promote the series/farm votes.
But I disagree with you. The manga is awesome, maybe better than the anime. The art alone isn't enough to change that.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Man.. after writing this.... I kinda miss Greed again... since he was one of my favo's.
Greed is amazing, I loved him too. He becomes so important, almost main character status near the end. He's the true hero.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I voted Punpun, btw. I'm a resentful inconsistent bitch, afterall '-'
Feels good doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.