Anime - Game of Future: Hyoutei vs Rikkai | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Game of Future: Hyoutei vs Rikkai

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Thanks a lot Water!

For real Jirou does nothing again? :(
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Inb4 Jirou vs Yukimura and Atobe is actually Niou :Saeki

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Lol I hope at least they don’t spoil if Japan won or not the U-17 WC.

Going by the current manga events, next month might spoil some upgrade for Kirihara (as D1 will probably end in May maybe) and Atobe, but if Konomi’s supervising this, it could be something original, non canon for him. I doubt they’ll reveal Atobe’s new upgrade and it ends up being the same in the manga, otw it’s pointless.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
While Rikkai's line-up is obviously suboptimal, I feel like it's done in a sensible way. Replacing Jackal with Tamagawa is clearly meaningful for the upcoming year and you can't really complain about Sanada and Yanagi playing together in their retirement match either. If Hyoutei wins overall, this can also be used to justify how the outcome may have been different if the two schools had faced each other in a tournament setting.

Regarding the individual matches:
  • Tamagawa did worse than I thought he would. I didn't expect him to be at the same level as Kirihara or anything, but lobs and leadership are supposed to be his strong points. Since he failed in both areas, I hope he'll have gotten a lot out of this match if we see him again at some point in the future. I like that he played, though.
  • It's nice that Ootori's doubles prowess was highlighted and he didn't get reduced to a serve bot. In my eyes, the manga hinted at Ootori being a good doubles player in general, but never really focused on it. I appreciate this direction a lot more than the gripping strength stuff from the U-17 OVA.
  • Shishido vs Yagyuu in singles was a surprise to me, but a very welcome one. I would've preferred Yagyuu coming out on top, but it's fair that Shishido took it. Shishido matches Yagyuu in stats and is well-equipped to deal with Laser Beam. Shishido was also arguably the Hyoutei player with the most story development in the original and he started his journey in singles, so it's a good fit that he got to win a singles match at the very end of the year. It would've been fitting if they'd thrown in a flashback to the Tachibana match at some point.

The other thing that's missing, judging by the summary at least, is that Yagyuu's really a serve and volley player. Approaching the net would've probably been tough against Shishido's Rising Counter, but maybe not impossible when combined with some Trick Play. A third pattern of attack might've been enough to tip the scales in Yagyuu's favor.

Going by the current manga events, next month might spoil some upgrade for Kirihara (as D1 will probably end in May maybe) and Atobe, but if Konomi’s supervising this, it could be something original, non canon for him. I doubt they’ll reveal Atobe’s new upgrade and it ends up being the same in the manga, otw it’s pointless.
Upgrades for Kirihara and Atobe could be something they gained in the time between the WC and these matches, or they could be narrow upgrades that only apply in certain situations. Another possibility is an Invisible Swing situation where Konomi shares part of a move, but it's one of multiple developments in the manga.

TFJ

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
A little late to the party. Count me in with everyone else: there's no way Hyotei's winning this. Even with a bunch of new techniques, Atobe isn't beating Yukimura. Nothing against Atobe, he's a top level player and it ought to be good match, but Yukimura is just going to be too much for him. I don't see either guy getting Pinnacle of Perfection or any other special auras, so that should make it interesting. Kabaji can copy all of Sanada's shots and give him a run for his money, but I don't see him winning. I might can see Hiyoshi, Oshitori, or Jirou (can't remember how good Jirou is, but I imagine he's around Hyoshi's level by now and sorry if I spell some of these names wrong) beating Yagyu. I can see Shishido and Ootori defeating Marui and Jackal. So, yeah that's at least two wins for Hyotei. That would leave Kirihara, Niou, Renji, and the new captain if he plays and outside of Atobe, no one on Hyotei is beating any of them. So, yeah....Rikkai Dai wins.
Honestly, Jirou should play Yukimira, finally unlock PoP (they said he was close right). Then let Yukimura finally beat PoP while acknowledging the strength of the next generation.

Then Atobe should play the last match against Rikkais new captain or Sanada or something.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Honestly, Jirou should play Yukimira, finally unlock PoP (they said he was close right). Then let Yukimura finally beat PoP while acknowledging the strength of the next generation.

Then Atobe should play the last match against Rikkais new captain or Sanada or something.
Yeah, I'm still holding on that hope. I just don't see how Jirou would win a single point if Yukimura goes 100%, even with TnK.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Btw I could swear I saw that spring plank move from Kikumaru or Mukahi in the anime or live action movie... And no it wasn't the Jyosei midget, that doesn't count. Could be Mandela effect though.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Fuck that Jirou is a irrelevant nothing character. I wanna see Atobe vs Yukimura not a nothing character against the Child of God.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Fuck that Jirou is a irrelevant nothing character. I wanna see Atobe vs Yukimura not a nothing character against the Child of God.
Tbf, next to Yukimura, Atobe is a nothing character rn lol.

TFJ

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Atobe vs Volk Singles1 and Atobe unlocks King Kijin, still loses unlocks King + Army Kijin /s

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Atobe vs Volk Singles1 and Atobe unlocks King Kijin, still loses unlocks King + Army Kijin /s
You had the chance to say Kingjin and didn't, I'm severely disappointed.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
We'll see next month whether Atobe's a nothing character next to Yukimura. And I weren't talking about strength just general relevance to the story which Jirou hasn't been since Fuji thrashed him.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
We'll see next month whether Atobe's a nothing character next to Yukimura. And I weren't talking about strength just general relevance to the story which Jirou hasn't been since Fuji thrashed him.
Oh, alright.

What's Hiyoshi's story relevance when compared to his likely opponent, Kirihara? What was Tamagawa's role in the story compared to Jackal's?

I think Atobe vs Yukimura is the most likely match, for a huge amount of reasons, I just don't care about the matchup because it specifically doesn't make any sense tier and development wise (as far as we know, at least).

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Oh, alright.

What's Hiyoshi's story relevance when compared to his likely opponent, Kirihara? What was Tamagawa's role in the story compared to Jackal's?

I think Atobe vs Yukimura is the most likely match, for a huge amount of reasons, I just don't care about the matchup because it specifically doesn't make any sense tier and development wise (as far as we know, at least).
Yet you want Jirou to face Yukimura someone far weaker than Atobe.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Yet you want Jirou to face Yukimura someone far weaker than Atobe.
Yeah because he has been hinted to get TnK (which is a top 3 boost in the series and that's including QPs aura) and is a great chance to give him screen time.

Atobe Keigo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
France
I think we can not say that Atobe is a nothing character next to any MSer since he is their captain (for many reasons that make it legit)
And in term of storytelling also, he has been more developed than Yukimura. We more or less know what kind of relation he has with his hyotei teammates + Tezuka, Ryoma, Niou, Irie and others.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
I think we can not say that Atobe is a nothing character next to any MSer since he is their captain (for many reasons that make it legit)
And in term of storytelling also, he has been more developed than Yukimura. We more or less know what kind of relation he has with his hyotei teammates + Tezuka, Ryoma, Niou, Irie and others.
Was talking about how strong they are.

But in any case I wouldn't say he is more developed at all, it's basically the same character since day one but less of a douchebag. We know nothing of his relationship with Irie or Niou, and with his teammates and the two most important characters it's only natural, Yukimura can say the same (but for the latter you have to add Shiraishi, Fuji, Mouri's backstory, Kintarou, etc...).

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Yeah because he has been hinted to get TnK (which is a top 3 boost in the series and that's including QPs aura) and is a great chance to give him screen time.
He'll still be weaker than both Atobe and Yukimura even with TnK. Besides other characters were hinted at getting the other auras and unlock them.

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
He'll still be weaker than both Atobe and Yukimura even with TnK. Besides other characters were hinted at getting the other auras and unlock them.

Not sure he would be weaker than Atobe? Probably with the upgrade Atobe will get at the end of NPoT, sure, but the OVA surely won't have that.

Yeah, and Kintarou got it.

mathematicianrcg

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Kirihara will win easily against Hiyoshi.

I think there is no way Yukimura will lose again after losing to Ryoma and Tezuka Already

I think Rilkai still get this one.

And YES, THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN MAKE THIS A FAIR FIGHT IS TO MAKE SANADA AND RENJI PLAY TOGETHER IN DOUBLES.

Outside of Atobe. Other Hyotei members have no match against Renji and Sanada in Singles

Hardy

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Hahahaha Yukimura taking the piss and doing an Atobe, not sure how in character that is but it's pretty funny.

What Aura did they even give Kirihara, TnK? Not sure how the NPoT anime depicts it.