Gecko is bored, go post something~ | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Gecko is bored, go post something~

What should Gecko read?

• Total voters

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Hello there :) Yoroshiku ~ A pleasure to meet you.

I'm the newest moderator of the One Piece and Bleach section. I go by the user-name of Gecko Moria but people usually abbreviate that to Gecko or GM. I've also had the experience of being referred to as "Batman" or "that kid". I don't really mind what you call me :p

A couple of basic facts about me:

1. I'm a huge fan of One Piece and Bleach. I attempt to read them weekly and you can usually find me hanging around the Tree of Knowledge and the Biblioteca de Bleach. I'm also a fan of Prince of Tennis, Fullmetal Alchemist, Hitman Reborn! and numerous other manga.

2. Though not MH certified, I also happen to be a proof-reader. It seems to be the only job in the manga Edited Manga process I happen to be good at :darn. I have worked for cxc scans, rycolaa and often do one chapter for various groups as a proofreader-for-hire. So if you have anything you want proof-read, feel free to contact me and I'll see what I can do.

3. Outside of manga and anime, my hobbies include tennis, table tennis, badminton (basically any sport that involves a racquet), surfing the internet and reading novels.

So grab a book, reading glasses, your imagination and step inside!

Last edited:

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Re: ~Gecko's Library~

Hey 'that kid'. What's up man? =D

How's the feeling of being a mod been for you?

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand

Hey 'that kid'. What's up man? =D

How's the feeling of being a mod been for you?
It's quite an enjoyable job. It's nice to help out the community and keep the forums in order. I try not to delete posts though (unless it's an utterly hopeless post), rather I give suggestions to improve it and let the user fix it themselves so they can learn to post better in the future. The only problem I've encountered so far is that I seem click the "edit" button when I want to quote :darn I guess I'm not used to that extra button yet :blink

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Hello batman! OP and Bleach eh? Happy for you that they are smooth, even tho both of them are big sections. Cool that hatsu-KYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN (ehm sorry) has a fellow countryman in the staff.

Are you in any group now, or are you a freelancer?

Unicorns or ponies?
Moe moe kyun?
Pink or Purple?

Don't you dare give me the wrong answers ¬¬"

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Welcome to the team Gecko!!

As a fellow reader I'm curious about some of your favorites. Any authors, styles, subjects, genres, era you particularly like?

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia

@that kid: Nice to hear that you've settled in quickly. ^^ Read TRC yet?

@Blai: He's close enough, but I need a true Aussie! Sorry Gecko. =P [mod=thatkid];bash:xp[/mod] And hatsu-kyunnnnnn indeed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand

Hello batman! OP and Bleach eh? Happy for you that they are smooth, even tho both of them are big sections. Cool that hatsu-KYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN (ehm sorry) has a fellow countryman in the staff.
A little bit of moderating a day keeps the spammers away :amuse
Like hatsu says, I'm from New Zealand and he's from Australia. It's a two hour plane ride from Auckland (NZ) to Sydney (Aussie). I wonder sir, have you ever visited NZ or Australia?

Are you in any group now, or are you a freelancer?
Heh, heh:sweatbunny. Technically I am still in a few groups, but I haven't done any proofreading work for a long time. Anyway, I've always been a freelancer so I'll be happy to help anyone that needs help :)

Unicorns or ponies?
Moe moe kyun?
Pink or Purple?

Don't you dare give me the wrong answers ¬¬"
Unicorns
I don't know what a "moe moe kyun" is :darn
Pink

Welcome to the team Gecko!!

As a fellow reader I'm curious about some of your favorites. Any authors, styles, subjects, genres, era you particularly like?
Thanks Kaiten. Nice to meet another fellow reader. As for my favorites I very much enjoyed Dan Brown's books (e.g. The Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, Deception Point, Digital Fortress). I like the mystery that Mr. Brown blends in with the action. Additionally, he writes so well that his stories almost seem real, definite awesomeness.

I'm also quite fond of Malcolm Rose's Traces series. Set in the future, it's about a Forensic Investigator named Luke Harding and his right hand machine Malc as they solve various murders. The books are a work of genius.

Other worthy mentions:
Anthony Horowitz's Alex Rider series
Robert Muchamore's CHERUB series
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
Derek Landy's Skulduggery Pleasant series
Chris Ryan's Alpha Force series
James Patterson's Maximum Ride series
etc. etc. (I'm bound to have missed a few)

I'm not too pedantic about what genre I read, but judging from the books I enjoy I seem to read action/mystery type series a lot. What genre are you fond of Kaiten? And would you care to recommend me something?

@that kid: Nice to hear that you've settled in quickly. ^^ Read TRC yet?
:nod I couldn't find the first volume in the library (or was it that I wanted to skip into the current story faster :p) so I started with volume 12. I'm currently reading volume 20.

Fai reveals the truth behind his traitorous actions and his dark past.

Last edited:

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
Reaction score
Country
North Korea
Re: Gecko's Library~Come in and enjoy a book!

Hey you told me to post in this thread, so here you go, do I get a cookie? [mod=Gecko]/me gives T.D.A a cookie[/mod]

And who's your favourite Naruto character?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand

Hey you told me to post in this thread, so here you go, do I get a cookie?

And who's your favourite Naruto character?
Nice talking to you on IRC: so you do read One Piece after all :)
My favorite Naruto character is either Kakashi or Shikamaru. I like Kakashi's personality and abilities and Shikamaru's a genius.

Last edited:

◆ T.D.A ◆

Banned
Reaction score
Country
North Korea

Kakashi yeah, did you watch Kakashi Gaiden in the anime? It was super.

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand

Kakashi yeah, did you watch Kakashi Gaiden in the anime? It was super.
Nah, I don't really watch the Naruto anime all that much. The only episode I think I saw was when Naruto used his Rasen-Shuriken on Kakuzu (which was recommended to me). Anyway, what's the Kakashi Gaiden about?

ibra87

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Anyway, what's the Kakashi Gaiden about?
Σ(゚Д゚ )

You didn't read Naruto? It's about Kakashi's past and how came to be what he became.

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand

Σ(゚Д゚ )

You didn't read Naruto? It's about Kakashi's past and how came to be what he became.
I do read Naruto...once a month. I probably missed it because I've skipped heaps of Naruto chapters :tem

blai

Corporate
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Your assignment for tomorrow is to learn everything about moe moe kyun. Not until then you're a full member of our awesomeclub \o/

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Thanks Kaiten. Nice to meet another fellow reader. As for my favorites I very much enjoyed Dan Brown's books (e.g. The Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, Deception Point, Digital Fortress). I like the mystery that Mr. Brown blends in with the action. Additionally, he writes so well that his stories almost seem real, definite awesomeness.

I'm also quite fond of Malcolm Rose's Traces series. Set in the future, it's about a Forensic Investigator named Luke Harding and his right hand machine Malc as they solve various murders. The books are a work of genius.

Other worthy mentions:
Anthony Horowitz's Alex Rider series
Robert Muchamore's CHERUB series
Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
Derek Landy's Skulduggery Pleasant series
Chris Ryan's Alpha Force series
James Patterson's Maximum Ride series
etc. etc. (I'm bound to have missed a few)

I'm not too pedantic about what genre I read, but judging from the books I enjoy I seem to read action/mystery type series a lot. What genre are you fond of Kaiten? And would you care to recommend me something?

Looking forward to the Lost Symbol!?

I read a lot of non - fiction: European history, economics, and politics. I occasionally dip into fiction, usually manga substitutes for prose fiction. I just finished Free, by Chris Anderson. He's the editor of Wired Magazine, the book looks out how the economics of free works on the internet. Phenomenal book, easy to understand for a non - professional like me, but plenty of information. Really recommended to anyone interested. I haven't picked out my next book, but as I work at a book store that's just matter of time.

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand

Looking forward to the Lost Symbol!?

I read a lot of non - fiction: European history, economics, and politics. I occasionally dip into fiction, usually manga substitutes for prose fiction. I just finished Free, by Chris Anderson. He's the editor of Wired Magazine, the book looks out how the economics of free works on the internet. Phenomenal book, easy to understand for a non - professional like me, but plenty of information. Really recommended to anyone interested. I haven't picked out my next book, but as I work at a book store that's just matter of time.
Definitely. The Robert Langdon series is the epitome of Dan Brown's writing genius. Judging from the books you read, you must be a very knowledgeable person Kaiten :o

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I guess >///<

I work in a book store and spend waaaay to much time around books. Talking about books. Recommending books. Finding books. When I see something interesting on the shelf I usually end up buying it.

[Cross]

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
United States

So you've become a mod, you're certainly moving up in the world, congrats.

Gecko Moria

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
New Zealand

I guess >///<

I work in a book store and spend waaaay to much time around books. Talking about books. Recommending books. Finding books. When I see something interesting on the shelf I usually end up buying it.
So I take it that you're pretty good with books? :p Go be an author! I wish I had more time to read, but since I did pretty poorly in my last set of exams, I'm putting in 120% into studies, especially Science. I really hate Science, messes me over in every set of exams -_-; Anyone here any good at Science?

[Cross];1511512 said:
So you've become a mod, you're certainly moving up in the world, congrats.
Thanks [Cross] :)

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

My dream job is to be a college professor; history, political science, or economics. Writing, at some point, becomes part of the job.

I've been working at a bookstore for about two years now, exposed to pretty much every book that comes out. Sometimes I can't help myself, or get brain washed into buying things. I still read more manga then anything else ;)