Info - General Light Novel News and Announcements | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info General Light Novel News and Announcements

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I love the CM for it
[video=dailymotion;x1bj37q]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1bj37q[/video]

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
The character designs are finally colored on the website

And of course Hanzo is there but not Mayumi...

Finally managed to see the CMs. I know Iwasaki won't disappoint me. But seriously, what are they planning with Mayumi? She is like the most important character of the trio...

Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Absolute Solitude, new series from Reki Kawahara of Sword Art Online/ Accel World fame incoming this summer.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Quite curious about Absolute Solitude. Just by the name I could say that it is darker than SAO e AW, but it's too early to say. I rely on Kawahara Reki making all kind of genres, I'll read if I have the opportunity.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
The cast of Free! will start middle school in the upcoming second volume of High Speed.

ANN

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Rin will be in it. Volume two will take place before he leaves for Australia.

KA Esuma Bunko also revealed that many new characters who are mostly boys appear in the novel. Haruka and Makoto have new encounters and face conflicts. Nagisa's relationship with his friends changes little by little as he remains in elementary school after they graduate. Rin thinks about his upcoming study abroad trip.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
New Mahouka video available on the website

But I can't watch it... And you probably already know it but the VAs for Mayumi, Suzune and Azusa aren't confirmed.

EDIT: Miyuki :XD. I don't know if the tracks will be used for the main series but I love them.

---------- Post added February 23, 2014 at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was February 22, 2014 at 04:14 PM ----------

It seems Durara will get a new anime

I need to watch the first season now.

Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I hope its officially unveiled at the spring event, I need more DRRR! So far still the most expensive anime I bought here.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
the VAs for Mayumi, Suzune and Azusa aren't confirmed.
They are now, exactly the same VAs. Naturally there are on the character page and there is a new visual.

---------- Post added March 10, 2014 at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was February 27, 2014 at 12:38 PM ----------

http://dengekionline.com/gdfes2014/exhi.html

Saw this on the Mahouka site, it's about Dengeki Festival apparently. I don't understand japanese but could this mean that the first eps of Mahouka and Black Bullet will air during this festival next sunday?

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
They are now, exactly the same VAs. Naturally there are on the character page and there is a new visual.

---------- Post added March 10, 2014 at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was February 27, 2014 at 12:38 PM ----------

http://dengekionline.com/gdfes2014/exhi.html

Saw this on the Mahouka site, it's about Dengeki Festival apparently. I don't understand japanese but could this mean that the first eps of Mahouka and Black Bullet will air during this festival next sunday?
I thought it had already been announced that there would be an ep1 screening of mahouka 1 at the event?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I thought it had already been announced that there would be an ep1 screening of mahouka 1 at the event?
Yes, but I was confusing it with Anime Japan( just one week after this event). This time they gave more details.

---------- Post added March 22, 2014 at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was March 10, 2014 at 04:48 PM ----------

[video=dailymotion;x1itola]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1itola_%E9%AD%94%E6%B3%95%E7%A7%91%E9%AB%98%E6%A0%A1%E7%9A%84%E5%8A%A3%E7%AD%89%E7%94%9F%E5%90%A7-%E7%99%BE%E5%BA%A6%E8%B4%B4%E5%90%A7_shortfilms[/video]

My wish has been granted, I can finally hear Mayumi :zomg, Katsuto looks manly and charismatic even in Chibi form. I like their voices, it is likely she will appear in the new PV.

There is an interview as well

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
New story coming from the Mahouka writer | Tsutomu Satou "Doll Master"

The May issue of Kadokawa's Dengeki Bunko magazine is announcing on Thursday that The irregular at magic high school's Tsutomu Satou will start a new novel series titled Doll Masters with art by tarou2, and the first book volume will ship in Japan on July 10.

The novel series takes place in the year 2400, where the world is controlled by the “Solar System Alliance.” The reason the Alliance was able to take control is because they wield mobile weapons. Those humanoid weapons use “Cyclonics” electric chips that convert the superpowers and wisdom bequeathed to mankind into interference power. These humanoid weapons which amplify their pilot's psychic powers are called “Titanic Dolls,” or just “Dolls” for short. Dolls do not lose to other weapons, and are part of the Solar System Alliance's unit, “Sophia,” who keep the world under the Alliance's thumb.

However, this will soon change when two Doll Masters — Aoi Saotome and Reine Ward Takajo — have a fateful meeting at a high school in an aerial city.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Kawahara Reki's new novel seems good, I like the character design at least. :)

Novel wrtiers don't have human imagination at least. XD
However, it is not something weekly and they are not responsible for the art most of the time, so they can handle, I guess.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Kawahara Reki's new novel seems good, I like the character design at least. :)

Novel wrtiers don't have human imagination at least. XD
However, it is not something weekly and they are not responsible for the art most of the time, so they can handle, I guess.
Kamachi is really amazing, he has at least 3 other LNs ongoing with Index plus the manga adaptations. That's incredible :blink.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yen Press is bringing

A Certain Magical Index
Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka

to the print english market.

Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka

to the print english market.
I guess this means there's no point reading Dan Machi online anymore. BT will drop translation. It was only a teaser, hardly matters. It is worth buying, I will definitely continue reading legit copies, a rarity for me. I'm surprised a ranobe this new was licensed, even if it does have a famous artist.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

I'm glad for Yen On, it's nice to see a publisher start promoting light novels in the States.

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Not only in the US, but in the entire occident. I don't know any publisher that does what it does. It will concetrate the LNs sales of the whole occident.