Mobile - General Mobile Phone Thread | Page 28 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mobile General Mobile Phone Thread

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I've seen pictures taken with an iPhone 7 (+?). Amazing. The best.

But all in all, that aside it's not worth upgrading. I'm happy with my 6S and its 3D touch.
Wait, when did you go Apple? I thought you always shit on them...
Around the time that post was made, if not way before.

And I do, and I still think they're not that special, other than little to no lag or crash. Funny thing is, an Apple fanboy friend is saying I should use an Android for few weeks and see how much I miss Apple.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
My phone broke a month ago, was looking for affordable Android phone that isn't filled with bloatware (I see you, Samsung) and pleasantly surprised that OnePlus 5T is indeed, as rumored, a great 'flagship killer'. Too bad it's not water & dust resistant though, I'm willing to pay USD$20-30 extra just to have that extra sense of security.

Also headphone jack.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I also dropped my phone (x2) and now it like has a thin line across the top and occasionally when have a massive light flashing fit, or sometimes the screen wiill just keep flashing upon coming out of sleep. I hope I can last until I get it paid or or save $175 to fix it :( :( :( why are phones so fragile. [Samsung Galaxy S7 EDge)

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wellps this true even more so since the new Samsung phones have glass backs. I use tempered glass and semi hard case for drop durability.

(Note 8)

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wellps this true even more so since the new Samsung phones have glass backs. I use tempered glass and semi hard case for drop durability.

(Note 8)
Next time I should just not be cheap and actually buy a phone cast

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Next time I should just not be cheap and actually buy a phone cast
:lmao

Yasu do that if you're prone to dropping your phone(s) which is true in my case more often than not. Being clumsy, butter fingery or just some random event lol.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

(Note 8)
Does it have wireless charging? I heard Samsung makes the best hardware, but I really dislike their ver. of Android. It feels laggy to me for some reason. Last Samsung phone I owned was a Note 5, though.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Does it have wireless charging? I heard Samsung makes the best hardware, but I really dislike their ver. of Android. It feels laggy to me for some reason. Last Samsung phone I owned was a Note 5, though.
Yes comes with wireless charging. Supports fast wireless charging. The samasung ui has made a huge difference/gotten better in terms of lag and bloating. Since probably the s7's. Tons of themes as well. I usually go with a dark theme.

Ofc for a near perfect experience ya have to go with the Google phone(s).

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Yes comes with wireless charging. Supports fast wireless charging. The samasung ui has made a huge difference/gotten better in terms of lag and bloating. Since probably the s7's. Tons of themes as well. I usually go with a dark theme.

Ofc for a near perfect experience ya have to go with the Google phone(s).
Yeah, but Pixel doesn't have a 3.5mm jack, which is a pretty crucial feature that I'd rather have (side note: this is why I have a love-hate relationship with my iPhone).

Glad OnePlus ver. of Android is near stock-like, though.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
What's the best smartphone to get? I'm planning on getting iPhone 8 on the Apple upgrade program but might go back to Samsung instead or a superior phone, especially since I don't like iPhones.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
What's the best smartphone to get? I'm planning on getting iPhone 8 on the Apple upgrade program but might go back to Samsung instead or a superior phone, especially since I don't like iPhones.
Best is relative, blah blah blah but if you're interested in getting flagship phones, I'd say iPhone X or Google Pixel XL 2 is the obvious choice. Nevertheless, I heard that Samsung makes the best hardware though I have never been a fan of their version of Android, really.

Also, iPhones are cool. If you don't mind the lack of headphone jack.

phio_chan

the first and last bride
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
One can get used to this. More than three months without the headphone jack and it already feels natural. I just keep the connector on my headset all the time everywhere I go. Took me a while to decide on a phone to buy back then, but now I feel that it's a worthy sacrifice for the additional RAM, speed, and familiarity.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Best is relative, blah blah blah but if you're interested in getting flagship phones, I'd say iPhone X or Google Pixel XL 2 is the obvious choice. Nevertheless, I heard that Samsung makes the best hardware though I have never been a fan of their version of Android, really.

iPhone X is out of the question, 8 is what I'll get if I stick to the iPhone. Otherwise I'm thinking about OnePlus 5T as well, one of those three phones.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Xiaomi is a really good brand if you want speed, smooth UI, Power and Storage. Actually proving that the Chinese can make something worthwhile.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
OnePlus has been rivaling flagships from the bigger brands for years now though, and they're Chinese.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Xiaomi is a really good brand if you want speed, smooth UI, Power and Storage. Actually proving that the Chinese can make something worthwhile.
With a name like that, it sounds like it's not sold in USA. I'm leaning towards iPhone solely due to iMessage, honestly, otherwise it's not that good of a phone.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
With a name like that, it sounds like it's not sold in USA. I'm leaning towards iPhone solely due to iMessage, honestly, otherwise it's not that good of a phone.
Why are you insistent on Apple all of a sudden? Just get a Pixel 2.

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
If that's the other realistic choice, I agree with Gary. Is iMessages really worth choosing the Apple over the Pixel?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Why are you insistent on Apple all of a sudden? Just get a Pixel 2.
... the post says why.

But why Pixel 2? Only thing I know about it is the superior camera.
If that's the other realistic choice, I agree with Gary. Is iMessages really worth choosing the Apple over the Pixel?
Kind of. But I was thinking about OnePlus instead. Why Pixel 2 over OnePlus?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
... the post says why.

But why Pixel 2? Only thing I know about it is the superior camera.
A single app? There's surely fine alternatives lol.

Well, I have the original Pixel XL and it's superior to Samsung products IMO. That and I always assumed you preferred Android anyway.