Mobile - General Mobile Phone Thread | Page 29 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Mobile General Mobile Phone Thread

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
iMessage isn't an app though, it's a feature. Another main alternative is Whatsapp, which is an app. :(

Past tense is incorrect. After experiencing iPhone, all I can say is iPhone fanboys are yugely deluded.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Galaxy S 10, S10 + S 10 E & S10 5G

Samsung unveiled their new S10 series for this year with the Samsung Galaxy S10.
Here is a quick snippet that covers the event along with the Fold-able smart phone.

Courtesy, The Verge

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Oh, well that doesn't look like it'll be prone to manufacturing defects and hardware failure at all!

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
what caught my attention; All that hinge talk. Seriously, the hinges might as well be magical but come on, something like 2 minutes of the presentation being focused on the phone's most boring part that you'd otherwise never talk about because they usually don't even have them nowdays. I guess they might be trying to reassure people they won't be prone to defects? That said, the phone does look kinda awesome. Did they ever mention how long the battery would last? And how heavy it would be?

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
The 5g version of the battery is 4500, and the 10 plus is 4100 mah. The foldable one has two battery's working as one. Don't recall how large.

Hmmm the foldable one does look super cool but a near 2000 usd = waaaaat %%%##$#%#.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
The S10 looks sexy as fuck, but the foldable phone... eh.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
The 5g version of the battery is 4500, and the 10 plus is 4100 mah. The foldable one has two battery's working as one. Don't recall how large.

Hmmm the foldable one does look super cool but a near 2000 usd = waaaaat %%%##$#%#.
But no idea of how much that would mean battery life wise? Of the top of my head normal smartphones have something like 3100 mah... but this one should be the equivalent of over 2 phones... i can understand the price tag being that much given that it is two phones in one basically... If it can replace a tablet and a phone I guess it might work.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
But no idea of how much that would mean battery life wise? Of the top of my head normal smartphones have something like 3100 mah... but this one should be the equivalent of over 2 phones... i can understand the price tag being that much given that it is two phones in one basically... If it can replace a tablet and a phone I guess it might work.
Looks like the battery is 4380 mah.
And ofc if you can buy it, why not. Has 12gb ram as well.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Is the battery removable?

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is the battery removable?
I don't have info on that however, going with the current trend of Samsung phone(s), i'd venture a guess and say no.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Aggravating because I like having the option to replace the stock battery with a better one.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
So the rumor is Samsung may ditch the note line due to it transferring the note team to the galaxy fold division.

However should that happen i will no longer purchase Samsung phones 😢. Since I've been a galaxy note user for sometime now.

Any recommendations? I've been thinking of 1+. Not interested in the apple environment.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Idk but I'm in the same boat. I've been a Pixel and Pixel 3 user, but as there's no Pixel 5 XL and I'm used to a larger form factor, not sure if the Pixel 5 is for me. The Pixel 4a 5G seems a bit underwhelming specs-wise as well. Not really sure what I'll do.

It doesn't seem like a huge change, but the 4a 5G is only a 1080p screen compared to the 3 XL's 1440p, so less pixel density. And unlike with the Pixel 5, it doesn't have a higher refresh rate as a tradeoff either.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Why not go to One Plus?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I'm not sure if my carrier has their latest models or not. Tbh haven't really looked into them much.

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah guess we'll have to look into some reviews. I have Tmobile as my carrier have to check what other phones they carry.

Tbh have been disappointed with Samsung for sometime now with the removal of the non removal battery and headphone jack. They're just copying whatever apple has been doing lately smh.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'm not sure if my carrier has their latest models or not. Tbh haven't really looked into them much.
wait, carriers carry One Plus now? Daaang

Charlie

Seller of goods 🐐
Reaction score
Country
United States
So I made the switch to note 20 ultra from the note 10 +.
Sammy had a good trade in deal so I jumped at it. Really hope they don't scrub the note line.

GardenJoseph

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
using Samsung M21 at the moment, feels good, 200$ price, all android updates, 4gb ram and full hd screen. Major

ninjabot

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I've been rocking the Oneplus 7 Pro for a year. I'm a sucker for a huge screen. Only thing I'm not too pleased with is the curved sides. Still I see myself rejoining the Apple infrastructure one day...