Chapter - Gigantomakhia Discussion Thread | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Gigantomakhia Discussion Thread

Ryuzaki L

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Final chapter

I really started liking this Manga, it shows how much of a great storyteller Miura is.

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah I was getting into it as well, meh, if we can't have Berserk at least we can continue with this manga. It is more inline to what has recently gone on in Berserk the adventure part instead of the dark quest. So yeah recent events seem to be similar to what Miura presented here and how his story kind of changed over the years in Berserk.

But I am all for a less darker manga and more fantastical one as this one from him.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Did anyone else see the comments Miura made after each chapter? First made me laugh so hard :XD

"It's not like I will drop Berserk or anything!"

The rest are gold too, he comes off like a pretty fun guy.

llamapie

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
Overall pretty bad ass concept. I can see this going somewhere. BUT, Berserk is more important first.

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
To be honest I found this manga still retains some aspects of Berserk, albeit not all of them. I felt this manga is lighter in tone, and more accessible to younger audiences. The biomechanical exoskeleton thing is so cool :wtf and art during fights are just glorious.

Themes implied in the story line is cool too, definitely good enough to make this becoming a long series.

jakensama

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
It was pretty good, obviously has a lot of potential for a longer series. However.....Berserk, there is still a ton to do in that masterpiece of a manga for the story to be completed. I think this break was good for Muira though, taking his mind off of the series he has worked on so hard for decades.

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It was pretty good, obviously has a lot of potential for a longer series. However.....Berserk, there is still a ton to do in that masterpiece of a manga for the story to be completed. I think this break was good for Muira though, taking his mind off of the series he has worked on so hard for decades.
I do hope some his younger apprentices develop some of Miura's ideas into a long-running series. I mean they must learn from the sensei. He clearly has a lot of stuff going around in his head. His legacy must lead on.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Miura said himself that he wants to continue the series in the future. I just hope he does when he finishes Berserk.

FetherMan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I honestly think, Miura is ready to conclude the Berserk series, it's just "how" to do that is the real puzzle for him. Plus, he's devoted so much time into the series, I can understand why, he's taking such a long hiatus on it.

This short 6-part series, I haven't finished reading yet, but I am hoping he does further the series in the near future.

EMS

Reaction score
Country
United States
this new manga is excellent , i really loved it but i hope he focus on berserk and the pick up Gigantomakhia or why not!!, he could work of both of them..

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
...don't give him ideas, because if he starts working on both projects, then we won't see the end of Berserk till we are a 100 years old.
As much as I liked Gigantomakhia, it's nowhere as good or as epic as Berserk used to be. Sure it would be nice for him to have another project to work on , but only after he finishes Berserk . I want to see Guts rip off Griffith's heart and skewer his pretty little head on the DS.

Ryuzaki L

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
...don't give him ideas, because if he starts working on both projects, then we won't see the end of Berserk till we are a 100 years old.
As much as I liked Gigantomakhia, it's nowhere as good or as epic as Berserk used to be. Sure it would be nice for him to have another project to work on , but only after he finishes Berserk . I want to see Guts rip off Griffith's heart and skewer his pretty little head on the DS.
Woman, you're scary. However, i cannot see that happening, even if Miura won't be able to finish Berserk, i know how it will end. If Guts still want to go after Griffith, he's going to die.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Lol I guess I'm kinda scary :teehee. I just hate Griffith so much, and everything he represents.
Yes there is a high chance that Guts will die, but maybe that's what will allow him to defeat the God hand. I see him becoming something like the Skull knight....but I guess this isn't the right place to discuss this.
Anyway I'm curious to see what this bonus chapter of Gigantomakhia will be about .

Ryuzaki L

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I hope this bonus chapter will shed some light on Delos's days as a gladiator.

---------- Post added March 25, 2014 at 03:44 PM ---------- Previous post was March 03, 2014 at 09:21 AM ----------

Bonus chapter.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

That note by Miura....incoming Berserk :wtf

Josef

Dank Trump
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Haha~ That was a light chapter, this can go on as some sort of comedic series if Miura wishes for it to happen. Based on the last happenings of Berserk this fits into the story as well, however in Berserk you can not escape the creeping Evil, this manga will be a lot more light and equally enjoyable to read since Miura has been making Berserk a lot more emotion based as the "special apprentice girl - warrior" theme has grown on him it seems.

Demonspeed

Runaway Kotarou
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
More world building and comedy. Prome is older than she looks, but seriously what is that nectar? :XD

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Haha~ That was a light chapter, this can go on as some sort of comedic series if Miura wishes for it to happen. Based on the last happenings of Berserk this fits into the story as well, however in Berserk you can not escape the creeping Evil, this manga will be a lot more light and equally enjoyable to read since Miura has been making Berserk a lot more emotion based as the "special apprentice girl - warrior" theme has grown on him it seems.
It must be because of Idolmaster. Miura plays it a lot -_- .So I blame that for the change in his style.
Well this was an interesting series, but I'm not sure if it was really worth it.I just miss Berserk so much, also I'd like it if he goes back to Guts and not Falconia.
Prome is older than she looks, but seriously what is that nectar? :XD
It's piss I think.

Last edited:

redon

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Gigantomakhia Volume will be on sale 29th July, probably Berserk will return on that date too.

Last edited: