Round of 16 - Gildarts Clive vs Gray Fullbuster | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Gildarts Clive vs Gray Fullbuster

Which Fighter Advances?

• Gildarts Clive

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Gray Fullbuster

Votes: 12 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
As we haven't seen Gray's true feats and his current feats still lacks behind Gildarts.Though Gildarts hinself said he is beyond his prime(if i remember correctly) still he is currently above Gray though Gray may be stronger than him.I am giving my vote to Gildarts.

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well f*ck lol. Didn't think it was early.

Alright, I'll eat my words. Gildartz wins high-extreme diff.

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Gray may be feat low but Current Gildarts is featless. Gray at the least is on Base Natsu's level who easily stomped Bluenote, it may be hard by Gray is the winner here. Gray with Portrayal and few feats>Featless Gildarts :)
I think IM Silver is a really good feat. It's probably around base Natsu level. So if we do give Gray that level of offence, then okay I can see him beating Gildarts.

Still, it does remain to be seen if Gray's offensive capabilities are that high. Gildarts is a better tank than Bluenote, not far above, but his physicals are better. and despite Gray holding back somewhat, I really wasn't impressed with him v Ur.

I really think Gray has gotten strong, but it's just hard for this type of tourney I think, to say he's above Gildarts. By portrayal I definitely have Gray ahead of pre-skip Gildarts. But if Gildarts is to show up this arc, I'd say he'd be stronger than Gray. But that hasn't even happened...

Mirage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
By portrayal, Gildarts is above anyone in the guild and should crush Gray.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
I think IM Silver is a really good feat. It's probably around base Natsu level. So if we do give Gray that level of offence, then okay I can see him beating Gildarts.

Still, it does remain to be seen if Gray's offensive capabilities are that high. Gildarts is a better tank than Bluenote, not far above, but his physicals are better. and despite Gray holding back somewhat, I really wasn't impressed with him v Ur.

I really think Gray has gotten strong, but it's just hard for this type of tourney I think, to say he's above Gildarts. By portrayal I definitely have Gray ahead of pre-skip Gildarts. But if Gildarts is to show up this arc, I'd say he'd be stronger than Gray. But that hasn't even happened...
Gildarts isn't that much more of a tank, him and Bluenote were on the same physically it was their magic which made the gap. While Gildarts very well may be stronger than Gray but we don't know that until it happens.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
This isn't the Tenrou arc anymore.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I do not think it is appropriate to compare Glidartz to Bluenote anymore.

First of all, Glidartz beat mid difficulty (I don't quite recall :() Bluenote back in Tenroujima. Bluenote was in or past his prime. After the 7 year span we might assume he's gone down. Whereas time didn't pass for Glidartz. This past year he probably trained. Being a master, he was probably aware of the whole deal.

So I'd say if Glidartz comes back, he should be so superior to BASE Gray as he was back in Tenrou. DeS Gray would still give him some difficulty though, but not anything Glidartz can't handle.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
I do not think it is appropriate to compare Glidartz to Bluenote anymore.

First of all, Glidartz beat mid difficulty (I don't quite recall :() Bluenote back in Tenroujima. Bluenote was in or past his prime. After the 7 year span we might assume he's gone down. Whereas time didn't pass for Glidartz. This past year he probably trained. Being a master, he was probably aware of the whole deal.

So I'd say if Glidartz comes back, he should be so superior to BASE Gray as he was back in Tenrou. DeS Gray would still give him some difficulty though, but not anything Glidartz can't handle.
Bluenote deserves more credit than he gets. Physically he was on par with Gildarts seemingly but crash magic was better than gravity.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bluenote deserves more credit than he gets. Physically he was on par with Gildarts seemingly but crash magic was better than gravity.
Not really, even physically, Bluenote didn't stand a chance. The Tenrou Tree was cut down , so Gildartz was losing magic at a rapid rate.

On the other hand, Bluenote was charging his magic power up. That's hardly fair.

Bluenote is a complete fodder while Gildartz is a complete beast.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Not really, even physically, Bluenote didn't stand a chance. The Tenrou Tree was cut down , so Gildartz was losing magic at a rapid rate.

On the other hand, Bluenote was charging his magic power up. That's hardly fair.

Bluenote is a complete fodder while Gildartz is a complete beast.
Did you even read the fight? Bluenote was fighting on par with him before the tree fell, know the fight before you reply with something like this.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
Even before Tenrou tree feel Gildarts only slightly dominated Bluenote.Nothing shows he is a weak character when he is a mid tier Wizard Saint level mage.The problem for Gray in this thread is he lacks feats to match Gildarts.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Did you even read the fight? Bluenote was fighting on par with him before the tree fell, know the fight before you reply with something like this.

Yeah, I read the fight many times. Bluenote was not fighting on par with Gildartz. Neither of them were going their strongest in the beginning.

But the moment that the tree fell, that's where Bluenote began to have an advantage.

But that doesn't count, in the end, Gildartz defeated Bluenote with one punch. A complete fodder if you ask me.
By portrayal, Gray is on par with Natsu.

Even though I agree that Gildartz wins, I highly doubt that he would crush Gray after the power-up.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Yeah, I read the fight many times. Bluenote was not fighting on par with Gildartz. Neither of them were going their strongest in the beginning.

But the moment that the tree fell, that's where Bluenote began to have an advantage.

But that doesn't count, in the end, Gildartz defeated Bluenote with one punch. A complete fodder if you ask me.

By portrayal, Gray is on par with Natsu.

Even though I agree that Gildartz wins, I highly doubt that he would crush Gray after the power-up.
Nothing implies neither were at their strongest at the start. Gildarts was serious at the start and the Tenrou tree fell halfway through the fight and Bluenote was on par with Gildarts before that.

It doesn't count? Why is that? You're once again showing me you didn't read the fight because they had both hit eacother prior to that.

GokuSSJG

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
one shot is this:when the guy who was taken down by one hit but he didn't receive any hits prior to that.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nothing implies neither were at their strongest at the start. Gildarts was serious at the start and the Tenrou tree fell halfway through the fight and Bluenote was on par with Gildarts before that.

It doesn't count? Why is that? You're once again showing me you didn't read the fight because they had both hit eacother prior to that.

Obviously they weren't otherwise Lucy, Cana, and Natsu would be dead right now lol.

Gildartz wasn't serious, I'm not gonna argue with you.

If Gildartz was serious, you would have seen him powering up like he did against Natsu during the S-Class trials.

You didn't read the fight and you are biased.
one shot is this:when the guy who was taken down by one hit but he didn't receive any hits prior to that.
I didn't say one shot. I said one punch.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
To be honest Gildarts was furious.Happy stated he had never seen Gildarts this angry ever before.So being serious and super angry should go hand in hand.Before the tree feel both of them were equal or Gildarts slightly dominated Bluenote.

Mirage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Gildarts isn't that much more of a tank, him and Bluenote were on the same physically it was their magic which made the gap. While Gildarts very well may be stronger than Gray but we don't know that until it happens.

This isn't the Tenrou arc anymore.
That doesn't tell me why Gildarts still shouldn't be leagues above Gray.

GokuSSJG

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
it also depends if you want to considered that anime scene canon when Gildarts met Natsu when he was training during the whole year.

joodaa

Reaction score
Country
England
Looking back to the last time we saw guildarts, he met up with natsu in that year natsu was training. Of course we don't know at what point in that year they met, but after their little skirmish, with guildarts busting up the mountain thing, natsu didn't want to fight guildarts anymore. I'd like to think that mashima may be trying to tell us that guildarts is still quite far above natsu at that point. So then by the end of natsus training he'd be closer to guildarts. This all makes me think guildarts would beat gray.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking back to the last time we saw guildarts, he met up with natsu in that year natsu was training. Of course we don't know at what point in that year they met, but after their little skirmish, with guildarts busting up the mountain thing, natsu didn't want to fight guildarts anymore. I'd like to think that mashima may be trying to tell us that guildarts is still quite far above natsu at that point. So then by the end of natsus training he'd be closer to guildarts. Which then makes me think guildarts would beat gray.

I agree that Gildartz would beat Gray, even now.

But I think that, at the point that Gildartz and Natsu fought in the silent chapter, the fighting had to take place at the beginning of the 1 year timeskip.

That's because we know that Natsu didn't cut his hair since it grew long after the 1 year timeskip.

So since his hair was still pretty short at that time, it's safe to assume that it was at or near the beginning of the 1 year.

joodaa

Reaction score
Country
England
I agree that Gildartz would beat Gray, even now.

But I think that, at the point that Gildartz and Natsu fought in the silent chapter, the fighting had to take place at the beginning of the 1 year timeskip.

That's because we know that Natsu didn't cut his hair since it grew long after the 1 year timeskip.

So since his hair was still pretty short at that time, it's safe to assume that it was at or near the beginning of the 1 year.
Yeh true actually, I didn't think about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.