Round of 16 - Gildarts Clive vs Gray Fullbuster | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Gildarts Clive vs Gray Fullbuster

Which Fighter Advances?

• Gildarts Clive

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Gray Fullbuster

Votes: 12 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
For Gildarts Clive vs Gray Fullbuster, the match will really come down to pure speculation...
  • Gildarts > Gray [High Difficulty]
There really isn't much of discussion here based on our limited information; hence, I'm not going to put too much emphasis on this one here. Gildarts hasn't even appeared while Gray barely has any feats. This really all depends on whether Gildarts actually trained or not and what Gray has up his sleeve.

Gildarts was definitely the strongest Fairy Tail Member before the timeskip and still probably holds that title but there is really no way of knowing for sure. From portrayal, Natsu couldn't even push Gildarts into being serious when they fought pre-timeskip.

So, if Gildarts didn't train, I would place the difficulty at Extreme Difficulty. If he did, then it would probably be Medium Difficulty. That is why I settled with High Difficulty in the end.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
I agree that Gildartz would beat Gray, even now.

But I think that, at the point that Gildartz and Natsu fought in the silent chapter, the fighting had to take place at the beginning of the 1 year timeskip.

That's because we know that Natsu didn't cut his hair since it grew long after the 1 year timeskip.

So since his hair was still pretty short at that time, it's safe to assume that it was at or near the beginning of the 1 year.
Yep.

My assumption:

Tenrou Natsu (base) - He's not even capable of pushing Glidartz back.
Tartaros Natsu (base) - After second origin release and his progress during the GMG and Tartaros, Natsu is capable of pushing him back.
Current Natsu (base) - Probably capable of giving him a fight, not much more.

Although I strongly negate that current Natsu is Gray level based on portrayal (we're not on Tenrou anymore), in this case I also think Gray could give Glidartz a fight but that'd be about it.

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Gildartz should win. Not as easy as it would have been before the time skip now that Gray has devil slayer power up but it should still be a Gildartz win.

Rain Cloud

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Alright alright, so first off everyone knows that Gildarts was nerfed by the tenrou tree falling in his fight with bluenote. And obviously in the three episodes it took for Erza to defeat Azuma, Bluenote was dealing damage to Gildarts (as seen at the end).

Gildarts gets up, and easiliy one-shots Bluenote. Then he stays exhausted, likely because he was beaten up without magic the entire time off-screen not due to actually being at his limit. Gildarts would win moderately easily whether he grew stronger or not over the year.

Marche

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Gray is strong, but Gildarts would be able to crash every attack of Gray.
So I voted Gildarts.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Obviously they weren't otherwise Lucy, Cana, and Natsu would be dead right now lol.

Gildartz wasn't serious, I'm not gonna argue with you.

If Gildartz was serious, you would have seen him powering up like he did against Natsu during the S-Class trials.

You didn't read the fight and you are biased.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I didn't say one shot. I said one punch.
GILDARTS WAS SERIOUS, his facial expression makes that obvious.

Natsu, Cana and Lucy were all leaving at the start and only Natsu wanted to stay

Just because he didn't 'power up' doesn't mean they were serious.

sir_rocky

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I don't understand why so many ppl think that Gildarts didn't get stronger. Last time we saw him he would destroy Gray and although he seems lazy and irresponsible he is well aware of the incoming dangers and i'm sure he will be much more powerful than the last time we saw him.

Simple fact that he still didn't make any appearance, even after so many spriggans have been defeated, should mean that he will fight someone very powerful.

I know that Gray is very strong now but there is nothing anyone can say that would make me believe that he could beat Gildarst.

And for those that think that Gildarst would have any problems with Bluenote in a fair fight should go back and read the fight few more times.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
I don't understand why so many ppl think that Gildarts didn't get stronger. Last time we saw him he would destroy Gray and although he seems lazy and irresponsible he is well aware of the incoming dangers and i'm sure he will be much more powerful than the last time we saw him.

Simple fact that he still didn't make any appearance, even after so many spriggans have been defeated, should mean that he will fight someone very powerful.

I know that Gray is very strong now but there is nothing anyone can say that would make me believe that he could beat Gildarst.

And for those that think that Gildarst would have any problems with Bluenote in a fair fight should go back and read the fight few more times.
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/234/6
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/235/4
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/235/5

Oh yes because Gildarts was stomping him here right????? :-_-
This was all before the Tenrou tree fell.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain

Natsu, Cana and Lucy were all leaving at the start and only Natsu wanted to stay

Glidartz was furious, not serious. There's a difference in being furious and restraining yourself, and being furious and letting all out.

For example, Jellal was furious to Neinhart but when he saw Simon he restrained. When Kagura allowed him to attack, he gave it his all.

The punch he gave Bluenote, with which he flew and was instantaneously KOed... He could probably have punched him like that in the beginning, but he just didn't.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
Glidartz was furious, not serious. There's a difference in being furious and restraining yourself, and being furious and letting all out.

For example, Jellal was furious to Neinhart but when he saw Simon he restrained. When Kagura allowed him to attack, he gave it his all.

The punch he gave Bluenote, with which he flew and was instantaneously KOed... He could probably have punched him like that in the beginning, but he just didn't.
Gildarts was furious and was going to take it out on the person who was going to kill Cana.

And no he couldn't of easily just punched Bluenote at the beginning, you have to make an opening like that. That's like saying Wahl didn't push Laxus he could of just used red lightning at the start.....

GokuSSJG

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Gildarts was furious and was going to take it out on the person who was going to kill Cana.

And no he couldn't of easily just punched Bluenote at the beginning, you have to make an opening like that. That's like saying Wahl didn't push Laxus he could of just used red lightning at the start.....
the difference is,Laxus was sick as hell so he probably couldn't pull off that Red Lightning thing.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
the difference is,Laxus was sick as hell so he probably couldn't pull off that Red Lightning thing.
Doubt that how would randomly pull out a move he never even practiced or knew he was capable of doing.

GokuSSJG

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Doubt that how would randomly pull out a move he never even practiced or knew he was capable of doing.
most likely yeah.the way they showed it seemed that he just learned it immediately after he was healed.

Last edited:

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
mist likely yeah.the way the showed it seemed that he just learned immediately after he was healed.
Doubt it. Just because there was a flashback doesn't mean he learned it on the spot especially since there was just a year time skip.

sir_rocky

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/234/6
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/235/4
http://www.mangapanda.com/fairy-tail/235/5

Oh yes because Gildarts was stomping him here right????? :-_-
This was all before the Tenrou tree fell.
I don't know what you are trying to show here, they traded a few punches and first time GIldarts made any serious move Bluenote was defeated.

And just so that you know, this is my last comment here because i won't discuss this anymore with someone who refuses to accept the obvious.

GokuSSJG

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Doubt it. Just because there was a flashback doesn't mean he learned it on the spot especially since there was just a year time skip.
possibly which is why I said "it seemed".there is still his Gaiden manga so we will probably see something about that.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
I don't know what you are trying to show here, they traded a few punches and first time GIldarts made any serious move Bluenote was defeated.

And just so that you know, this is my last comment here because i won't discuss this anymore with someone who refuses to accept the obvious.
LOL Gildarts was serious as hell and you wouldn't be able tp prove he was otherwise, this is another case of someone not being able to differentiate being serious and going all out.

Yes please let this be your last comment because you wouldn't achieve anything if this went on :lmao
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
possibly which is why I said "it seemed".there is still his Gaiden manga so we will probably see something about that.
That's why I said I doubt it, I can't say if he did or didn't for sure it just seemed like he didn't to me.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Too easy.. obviously Gildarts. He's really only a match for a select few in the entire series. This match-up would be over before it even started

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
I vote gildarts. tenrou arc might be ages ago but he made natsu surrender just by his aura and in this same arc, bluenote showed up and natsu didn't show any fear/hesitation of fighting him. after tartaros(even if it was at the beginning of the 1 year training) he also made natsu not want to train with him anymore when he destroyed that mountain. I think he trained pretty hard after seeing the terror of Lumen Histoire and not having his memory erased by mest. and I agree with people who says that the reason mashima hasn't showed him yet is cause he's saving him for someone really powerful(maybe we'll see him in chapter 489 to help against august).

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States

Alright, look dude, say what you want, but I'm not arguing with you. (I'll give you last words)

Gildartz ended up defeating Bluenote with a single punch that knocked him up high into the sky. To the point Bluenote never came floating back down on Tenrou again.

That's was exaggerated by Mashima to show that Gildartz far outclasses Bluenote.

Status
Not open for further replies.