Semifinal - Gildarts Clive vs Natsu Dragneel | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Gildarts Clive vs Natsu Dragneel

Which fighter advances?

• Gildarts Clive

Votes: 38 45.8%
  • Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 45 54.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Voting Rules:
  • This Battle is a 1 vs 1.
  • During the Semi-Finals, voting and discussion will end at the same time
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Gildarts CliveNatsu Dragneel
Discussion & Voting will end on: June 27th, 2016

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Voting for Natsu here. Not sure on the difficulty, around the lower side of mid diff is my bet right now.

Dranzer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well no matter how much I'd like to say Gildarts is still the Ace of Fairy Tail, my boi Natsu has in, my opinion, surpassed his mentor, especially since we are yet to see how beast his Dragon Force is gonna be.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
ATTACK POWER - Natsu > Gildarts - BDKM puts him above Gildarts
DURABILITY - Natsu > Gildarts - Natsu has more durability feats than Gildarts
SPEED - Natsu >= Gildarts - giving this to Natsu because of his DF
STAMINA - Natsu > Gildarts - Natsu takes this handily

VERSATILITY - Natsu > Gildarts - Natsu has more power modes than Gildarts
INTELLIGENCE - Natsu = Gildarts - neither of them are stupid but they are not far from being genious
MP - Natsu >= Gildarts - hard to say but I say Natsu has bigger MP

Natsu wins this mid diff.

Last edited:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
Just compare Natsu vs Bluenote and Gildarts vs Bluenote and you will get the idea that Natsu surpassed Gildarts which Hiro himself is hinting.The range of difficulty is difficult to say.

Summer

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Just compare Natsu vs Bluenote and Gildarts vs Bluenote and you will get the idea that Natsu surpassed Gildarts which Hiro himself is hinting.The range of difficulty is difficult to say.
I wouldn't take that for example.... I believe that gildart somehow going to show how strong he is later... but for now natsu win .

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
If I was going to give benefit of the doubt I'd say Gildarts but he hardly has any feats and hasn't shown up yet....

For now I'll give it to Natsu high-diff but this could change if Gildarts shows up or I decide to give benefit of the doubt.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
M.Attack: Gildarts <<< Natsu (Natsu's spells are too strong while Gildarts dont use any magic spells)
Ph.Attack: Gildarts >>> Natsu (Nothing to say, in Ph. Natsu is far below him)
Defense: Gildarts >>> Natsu (Gildarts survive from Acno, Natsu has not much def, he has high stamina (main character stamina))
Stamina: Gildarts ? Natsu (Natsu is MC, his stamina is too high but after all it is Gildarts, he cant not have stamina (dont know how write it correct)
Speed: Gildarts << Natsu
Versatility: Gildarts >>> Natsu
Intelligence: Gildarts >>> Natsu (Natsu is stupid. It is all)
MP: Gildarts >>> Natsu (Nothing to say, Gildarts MP is on a different level)

Gildarts >> Natsu

Gildarts will win.
Difficult - 4\10

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
The man who went "toe-to-Toe" with Gildarts.Should we really need any other proof that Natsu has surpassed Gildarts.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I'd give this to Gildarts high diff, mostly due to his immense defense rate.

Here's why:

Attack: Natsu > Gildarts
Natsu's attack power in Fire Dragon King Mode is immense. But I don't think Gildarts' attack should be underestimated at all, Empyrean was able to send Bluenote somewhere far away. But still, I'd put Natsu slightly above Gildarts in this.

Defense: Gildarts >>>>>>> Natsu
Gildarts has without a doubt the best defense rate in Fairy Tail, due to his Crash Magic and Disassambly Magic.

Stamina: Gildarts >> Natsu
This guy survived Acnologia. Enough said.

Speed: Natsu >> Gildarts
Natsu can boost his speed with his magic, so I'll give this to him.

Intelligence: Gildarts > Natsu
While Natsu has zero intelligence, Gildarts has some.

Spell diversity: Gildarts = Natsu
Natsu has more spells, but all of them are fire attacks. As for Gildarts, he is in possession of two types of magic. He never showed us much spells though.

AoE: Natsu > Gildarts
Natsu's Fire Dragon King Mode spells are really high in AoE. But I wouldn't put him far above Gildarts, since his Crash Magic barely has limitations.

Arjuna

Reaction score
Country
India
I'd give this to Gildarts high diff, mostly due to his immense defense rate.

Here's why:

Attack: Natsu > Gildarts
Natsu's attack power in Fire Dragon King Mode is immense. But I don't think Gildarts' attack should be underestimated at all, Empyrean was able to send Bluenote somewhere far away. But still, I'd put Natsu slightly above Gildarts in this.

Defense: Gildarts >>>>>>> Natsu
Gildarts has without a doubt the best defense rate in Fairy Tail, due to his Crash Magic and Disassambly Magic.

Stamina: Gildarts >> Natsu
This guy survived Acnologia. Enough said.

Speed: Natsu >> Gildarts
Natsu can boost his speed with his magic, so I'll give this to him.

Intelligence: Gildarts > Natsu
While Natsu has zero intelligence, Gildarts has some.

Spell diversity: Gildarts = Natsu
Natsu has more spells, but all of them are fire attacks. As for Gildarts, he is in possession of two types of magic. He never showed us much spells though.

AoE: Natsu > Gildarts
Natsu's Fire Dragon King Mode spells are really high in AoE. But I wouldn't put him far above Gildarts, since his Crash Magic barely has limitations.
Empyrean is nothing compared to FDK Spells.It is calculated around 3 Megatonnes and all FDK Spells are above 10 Megatonnes.

Last edited:

Am Shegar

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I will give this one to Gildarts because he was portraited "ace" of FT. Glidarts was far above Natsu when we saw them together (after Tartarus). Natsu became strong but he do not have Igneel power now. He used Ignell power peace by peace in battles before he wasted it. Even in battle with Ajell's crew he used it again (and commented that he must be restrected not to use it all). Now after Zeref fight he lost FDKM. So it is clear that Blunote and Ikagansunagi oneshots was due to influence from Igneel. Now his full power is still impressive (he waporised lake) yet we do not know his limits now. IMHO without FDKM even DF Natsu never was portraited stronger then Gildarts. Gildarts shattered mountain with his casual punch shattered a willige while being stumbl and all Magnolia is rebild for him not to crush by excident. Also we never saw full power of Gildarts because he was never pushed to his limits on screen till now. All Gildarts attacks was casual and most were nonamed. Gildarts never intended to kill anyone even when he was angry so he restricted himself. Attack what send Bluenote flying was like fire dragon fist - far from being his trump card.
And after all one of the plot lines in for Natsu to surpass Guildarts (like father and son line) and it is not the time of it yet. After last powerup (may be END may be some another) Natsu will be able to win but not now. Or do you think Natsu will not get any more powerups?

Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Gildarts struggled with Bluenote, Natsu can one-shot Bluenote. I think its that simple to determine that Natsu would beat Gildarts low-mid diff at worst. With FDKM and DF, Natsu blows Gildarts out of the park imo.

kira

Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
natsu isn't gonna one shot tartaros gildarts. and the way I see the natsu-bluenote fight is either to show natsu is about on par with gildarts or mashima just hyping characters. so far, I haven't seen those casual nukes at the start of the arc... it's like their power suddenly got cut in half or more. LOL
Natsu got all those modes but I think gildarts hasn't gone all out in all those fights we've seen him so far. I think they are on par right now so i'm gonna sit this one out and let you guys decide who wins.

Char

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Let's all remember Natsu was scared as shit to fight Glidartz during the timeskip. If Glidartz has followed the same growth pattern than Natsu he should still be vastly superior to Natsu.

Voting for Natsu here, because DF is not restricted and current DF Natsu should be well above... pretty much anyone, really.

Logic-wise:
Glidartz mid diffs him in base
Glidartz vs BDKM Natsu = could go either way
DF Natsu low-mid diffs him

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
M.Attack: Gildarts <<< Natsu (Natsu's spells are too strong while Gildarts dont use any magic spells)
Ph.Attack: Gildarts >>> Natsu (Nothing to say, in Ph. Natsu is far below him)
Defense: Gildarts >>> Natsu (Gildarts survive from Acno, Natsu has not much def, he has high stamina (main character stamina))
Stamina: Gildarts ? Natsu (Natsu is MC, his stamina is too high but after all it is Gildarts, he cant not have stamina (dont know how write it correct)
Speed: Gildarts << Natsu
Versatility: Gildarts >>> Natsu
Intelligence: Gildarts >>> Natsu (Natsu is stupid. It is all)
MP: Gildarts >>> Natsu (Nothing to say, Gildarts MP is on a different level)

Gildarts >> Natsu

Gildarts will win.
Difficult - 4\10
I've got to disagree here with you.

In general when it comes to attack, Natsu >> Gildarts. Gildarts best feat is launching Bluenote with one of his best spells, meanwhile Natsu has taken the same guy out eight years later with a simple roar. Its clear from this that Natsu is much stronger than Gildarts in attack. Natsu has also launched Bakel (someone who looks bulkier than Bluenote and could well be heavier) with a punch so I'd say Natsu is clearly stronger than Gildarts.

Surviving Acnologia isn't that great a feat when you consider than Acno was playing around with Gildarts, unlike when he attacked God Serena. If Acno was serious, Gildarts wouldn't of made it back to the guild.

Natsu has better feats in Stamina, Speed and Versatility (Lightning and Flames > Physical attacks and light attribute). Intelligence wise, Gildarts hasn't shown himself to be an incredible in tactics anyway, so I'd say they're pretty much matched there.

MP wise, I'd say Gildarts would be only just by a little bit but at this point it wouldn't be too big a gap with the Spriggans having an even bigger MP shown from what we've seen.

From this, I'd have to say its incredibly difficult for Gildarts to win, and Natsu has the attack power to drop Gildarts pretty easily from what we've seen.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Gildarts still takes this imo, I always felt as if he was an obstacle for Natsu to overcome and since we've already seen Natsu has surpassed Erza but not Laxus, who was weaker than Gildarts pretimeskip, it's pretty safe to say that Gildarts right now is still stronger than Laxus, who is stronger than Natsu, so Gildarts takes this...

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
attack, Natsu >> Gildarts
Natsu blow God with his strongest spell for now - Gildarts destroy mountain with punch, crash village when stumbled and can destroy Magnolia by mistake. Gildarts' attack is on completely different level.
Gildarts best feat is launching Bluenote with one of his best spells
Which best spell? You mean his low kick? Seriously??
someone who looks bulkier than Bluenote
Bulkier? What?)) I think God of War is stronger than any one who fighted with Natsu in Alvarez. Bakel is like Max in lvl. And being bulkier is nothing, Elfman bulkir than he.
Surviving Acnologia isn't that great a feat when you consider than Acno was playing around with Gildarts, unlike when he attacked God Serena. If Acno was serious, Gildarts wouldn't of made it back to the guild.

Gildarts clearly said that Acno was fighting with him in serious, what do you meaning now? I dont know.

Natsu has better feats in Stamina, Speed and Versatility
Having various magic (fire and lightning) is not argument here, Gildarts magic allow him to fight more different wizzard and Natsu too. He can crash all his roars and same attack.
Speed I put to Natsu as you saw. But Gildarts never has a chance to show his stamina.

Natsu has not any ability to win this battle. His fist's attacks are strong but not for Gildarts.
In spriggans only Brandish and Neinheart did show high lvl MP (higher than Natsu\Laxus or another mages). In second place Ajeel. His sand wave looks like Gildarts' punch in MP. But others... they did nothing to compare them with Gildarts.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Simply barely surviving with you life counts as stamina now.........
Well yes it pretty much does. God Serena, a Spriggan, was oneshotted by Human Acnologia. Gildarts faced Acnologia in his dragon form and survived.

Oh, and you can quote me next time if you want to reply to me so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.