Battle - Ging Freecss vs Silva Zoldyck vs Chrollo Lucilfer | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Battle Ging Freecss vs Silva Zoldyck vs Chrollo Lucilfer

ErosVp

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I wanted to see speculations about who would win if these guy fought... It is really trick to tell who would win a battle in HxH even after we know their powers, so this is pratically impossible. But everyone must have their preferences and opnions right?

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
My guess is that Silva is a lamb among lions ... As strong as Silva is, I put Kuroro & Ging in the upper top category.
A "not serious" Kuroro put Silva & Zeno into a stalemate and Ging is probably the strongest nen user introducted in the serie. I just don't see what Silva can do. I know he is the leader or the zaoldyeck family and is extremely strong but Kuroro & Ging are in an other league for me.

Phantron

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Being serious doesn't help you escape from a lock and a follow up attack that kills you. It's clear that Silva misfired on purpose because the pager ringed, and both Zeno and Kuroro escaped with their life, which means his one attack could kill both of them. Now if it was a 1 on 1 Silva might not have the chance to charge but he's not shown taking an excessive amount of time to get ready, so it can't be very easy to stop him from charging. Yes Kuroro obviously could have a lot of tricks on his sleeves but if a guy can kill you in one hit, you're likely to end up with a double KO even with some nasty ability because there appears to be no ability that can just completely cancel/avoid an attack that you cannot do physically (e.g. Hisoka's gum reflect still uses his physical attributes as base, and someone stronger than him can potentially punch through it).

Gin is the only character with the top 5 of the world ranking and I don't see how you can possibly put him below any human character at this point given none of his ability is known. Yes top 5 of the world doesn't mean you're invinicible but there's a reason he has the title and the others do not.

ErosVp

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I always thought that Ging and Silva are parallels to Gon and Killua. Silva has the same nen type as Killua and I suspect Ging might be reinforcement as Gon, Killua is still above Gon in strengh but as Gon is the main character I believe Gon will surpass him, so I think Ging is a little bit stronger than Silva.... And since Chrollo is such a good villain he might tie with Gin...

In fact I believe they all are in the same league. I wouldn't be surprise if Chrollo and Silva are also top 5 in the hunter world like Ging, accompanied by Netero and Pariston....

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hmm, one thing is certain Silva is definetly not a lamb amongst Lions. Well, Ging is based on hype probably above them but Silva and Kuroro are from the same tier. They fought each other already in the past and improved from that encounter. It's really difficult to predict an outcome if we are still missing Ging's nen ability.

knivesss

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
GING FREECS according to chairman netero is one of the 5 best nen users in the world and realizing that netero (the most powerful nen user way back adolescent days) idolizing ging freecs so there's no doubt that GING freecs is the king and the most powerful nen user in the universe not only in the world hahaha.....he is the mysterious nen user and made razor surrender and accompnying him, i believe that silva and kuroro (chrollo) even in the top they would surely beaten by GING freecs.....the only person can surpass ging freecs is his beloved child and the main protagonist in hunter x hunter......GON FREECS........=)

kenosecon

Banned
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
My guess is that Silva is a lamb among lions ... As strong as Silva is, I put Kuroro & Ging in the upper top category.
A "not serious" Kuroro put Silva & Zeno into a stalemate and Ging is probably the strongest nen user introducted in the serie. I just don't see what Silva can do. I know he is the leader or the zaoldyeck family and is extremely strong but Kuroro & Ging are in an other league for me.
are you insane? they beat the crap out of chrollo in less than 5 minutes... you certainly saw the fight in a different way than we did...
on the other hand silva has actually beaten chrollo before... he did mention chrollo was a lot stronger now...

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

I always thought that Ging and Silva are parallels to Gon and Killua. Silva has the same nen type as Killua and I suspect Ging might be reinforcement as Gon, Killua is still above Gon in strengh but as Gon is the main character I believe Gon will surpass him, so I think Ging is a little bit stronger than Silva.... And since Chrollo is such a good villain he might tie with Gin...

In fact I believe they all are in the same league. I wouldn't be surprise if Chrollo and Silva are also top 5 in the hunter world like Ging, accompanied by Netero and Pariston....
hmm silva is almost 2 meters and 120 kg so in my opinion ging is never going to be stronger than him even being reinforcement.

killua and gon are same age and gon is a lot weaker than killua.
of course I mean physical strengths .

and well... if gon can transform in super sayan maybe ging can too that way we don't know who is stronger

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, seeing ging did put strong nen on the box he left gon and considering he is supposed to be some yusuke wannabe I would bet ging is an emitter.

As for gin against kuroro, who knows. Ging vs silva, who knows. Silva is apparently in his physical prime and the most we know is that he did not manage to kill kuroro but also kuroro did not manage to kill him or steal his ability. Kuroro is extremely skilled but silva is presumably a top level nen user. If we trust hisoka just illumi is actually stronger than a decent number of the zodiak members so far. Considering silva is older I wouldn't be surprised if he was stronger than illumi. Under that notion the idea of silva being stronger than kuroro is not that far fetched IMO.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Like Zeno, Silva shows no sign of killing people unnecessarily. When he killed Cheetu he asked Zeno if he should've let him live, and this is when he's in enemy territory surrounded by guys who are much more powerful than he or Zeno. So, the fact that Silva didn't kill Kuroro in the past is irrelevent because Silva clearly wasn't paid to kill Kuroro in the past. Most likely Silva killed a member of the Spiders and then Kuroro tried to challenge him, and he just fended him off and then escaped because he doesn't work for free.

kenosecon

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
Like Zeno, Silva shows no sign of killing people unnecessarily. When he killed Cheetu he asked Zeno if he should've let him live, and this is when he's in enemy territory surrounded by guys who are much more powerful than he or Zeno. So, the fact that Silva didn't kill Kuroro in the past is irrelevent because Silva clearly wasn't paid to kill Kuroro in the past. Most likely Silva killed a member of the Spiders and then Kuroro tried to challenge him, and he just fended him off and then escaped because he doesn't work for free.
That's right! Dude you're smart...
Btw in the zeno silva's fight against chrollo silva did say at the end that letting chrollo alive could pose a risk in the future. Which means he already defeated him once, and then again but the next time he could be a lot stronger.

tupadre97

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Ging wins easily. He's one of the top 5 users so he is probably around as strong as Adult Gon and pre rose Meruem which is insane. Silva and Chrollo don't stand a chance.

kenosecon

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
well I think silva even without transformation is pretty close to super sayan gon... at least the body mass is close to the same ... maybe silva is even taller.

the more body mass the more aura you can process :D....

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ging wins easily. He's one of the top 5 users so he is probably around as strong as Adult Gon and pre rose Meruem which is insane. Silva and Chrollo don't stand a chance.
Yeah so instead of just getting a guy to do the job they had to use a nuke that could wipe out an entire country's population? No human character can possibly fight against Meryem even before the Rose. Adult Gon cannot be considered a human character as he's pretty much strong enough to instant kill any human character in one hit. He can do enough damage to knock out Pitou in a single punch. It's hard to imagine even Yupi doing the same thing (assuming Royal Guards are roughly equally strong, it'd be unreasonable to assume Pitou cannot even take a punch from Yupi) and yet Yupi's regular punch does in excess of 10000 AP power. The only reason he's that strong is that he literally traded his life away for only a few minutes of power, and the fact that he always was destined to be the strongest Hunter ever (there's plenty of foreshadowing on that) is why he has that kind of power. Like Pitou says, no one else can even make that kind of trade even if they had the same resolve because they wouldn't have the talent to pull it off.

That said since GIng defeated Razor and by his status as the top 5, he's certainly favored, though Silva may have better experience at killing people effectively.

tupadre97

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
well I think silva even without transformation is pretty close to super sayan gon... at least the body mass is close to the same ... maybe silva is even taller.

the more body mass the more aura you can process :D....
:huh: I guess you've never heard of neferpitou then.

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

Yeah so instead of just getting a guy to do the job they had to use a nuke that could wipe out an entire country's population? No human character can possibly fight against Meryem even before the Rose. Adult Gon cannot be considered a human character as he's pretty much strong enough to instant kill any human character in one hit. He can do enough damage to knock out Pitou in a single punch. It's hard to imagine even Yupi doing the same thing (assuming Royal Guards are roughly equally strong, it'd be unreasonable to assume Pitou cannot even take a punch from Yupi) and yet Yupi's regular punch does in excess of 10000 AP power. The only reason he's that strong is that he literally traded his life away for only a few minutes of power, and the fact that he always was destined to be the strongest Hunter ever (there's plenty of foreshadowing on that) is why he has that kind of power. Like Pitou says, no one else can even make that kind of trade even if they had the same resolve because they wouldn't have the talent to pull it off.

That said since GIng defeated Razor and by his status as the top 5, he's certainly favored, though Silva may have better experience at killing people effectively.
Ok well first off they didn't even know how strong the king would be but they still thought the situation would be dangerous and personally asked the chairman to go. They probably couldn't even find any top 5 users to ask them to help. Also its bs to say no human character could possibly fight Gon when Pitou himself said that Gon was a threat to Meruem and could have killed him. So obviously (for the sake of powerscaling and keeping the story balanced) the top 5 users have to be stronger than Netero and somewhere around Adult Gon and Pre rose Meruem level. Idk about Post nuke Mereum he'll probably the strongest character in the entire series, nobody should be on his level unless someone makes it there by the end of the series but I doubt it. Also you can't say Gon can just insta-kill any character when we don't know the powers of any of the top tier humans. Hell there could be more ppl as strong as him besides the top 5 users if Togashi wants to do that. Even if he can kill a royal guard in one punch they are only Netero level, we don't know about how strong anybody is on Meruem's level so you can't just make that assumption.

kenosecon

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
dude the nuke was a very small one... it can never destroy a country... :s did you even read the manga? or you are thinking about a nuclear bomb in this world? because they are no the same...

and let me tell you even 2 atomic bombs could not destroy a small country in this world (japan)... they hardly destroyed 2 cities.

---------- Post added at 03:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

:huh: I guess you've never heard of neferpitou then.

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

she's an ant not a human so probably she doen't even have muscles.... but other insect like body part...

Demonspeed

Master Escapee Kotarou
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
hmm silva is almost 2 meters and 120 kg so in my opinion ging is never going to be stronger than him even being reinforcement.

killua and gon are same age and gon is a lot weaker than killua.
of course I mean physical strengths .

and well... if gon can transform in super sayan maybe ging can too that way we don't know who is stronger
What? The height and musculature is not enough to compare those two. Ging would win he is in the top 5 and is probably the strongest zodiac, Silva rivalizes with Chrollo but Ging is stronger than them. By your logic Uvo and Yupi are the strongest because of their musculature.

Chrollo was able to keep up against two Zoldycks who wanted to kill him and knew about his abilities and he was not even trying to attack. He has been way more impressive than the 2 Zoldycks IMO.

Ging would beat Silva, no need to make parallels with their children.

Your comparison of Gon and Killua is completely false too. First, Killua is not way stronger than Gon. Also, you say he has more physical strength than Gon... It was true in the first arcs but Gon is clearly physically stronger than Killua since GI arc.

Silva can't be stronger than transformed Gon because Pitou said he was able to beat pre-nuke Meruem. Who was a lot stronger than Zeno and Netero. Netero's strongest attack didn't even wound him.

she's an ant not a human so probably she doen't even have muscles.... but other insect like body part...
Huh? You don't need to be an human to have muscles. Insects have muscles. Pitou has muscles

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
There is no reason for us to think gon is anywhere near as good a fighter as gon... Overall killua is the one that has been the better fighter of the two through all of the manga which makes sense considering the sheer amount of training killua has gone through. Heck, even when gon and killua faced some ants early on we actually saw how the ants were able to discern killua was the superior fighter (they noted killua's movements were flawless or something of the sort). Killua is as far as the manga has shown superior to gon in terms of nen and fighting technique. Heck, killua actually showed he had the greater volume of aura during their second training with bisk. We even saw killua barely holding his ken when gon was basically already down.

As for transformed gon... I don't think there is a human alive that could match that. First of all we have to consider that pitou was actually able to defeat kite easily. Kite was without a doubt a high level nen user and even then he did not stand a chance. Heck, we know for a fact that in terms of sheer volume of aura the royal guards were actually superior to netero. Netero had more skill in terms of aura hence how he held his ground against the king but overall he was still inferior, perhaps massively inferior, to the ants in terms of amount of aura. And even then we have to consider netero could very well be beyond human as a fighter.

Remember when we saw how netero started his training? He was a 46 year old man who had apparently spent his life fighting. He did not go there hoping to become strong, he went there to give thanks to martial arts. He went there feeling he had reached a limit to his martial arts. I would argue the manga at that point was making the point that netero by then was already a extremely proficient nen user at least. Basically at the time he would have been in the same league at least as the current zodiac or the adult zoldycks. So basically what we have with netero is that he was already a high level nen user who them went through the enlightenment the manga described to become massively stronger than faster. Honestly, after seeing what netero could do, I can't imagine a human being actually matching him. Remember when mereum fought netero and just wondered how he could have gotten to that point? At the moment mereum speculated that reaching the point netero did was something that could be done by abandoning oneself to some sort of madness for 5 or 10 years... Overall I don't think netero would be someone who could be matched by just about your run of the mill proficient high level nen user, it would have to be someone who actually had it in him to find some insanity like netero did and abandoning himself to it for at least the same amount of time netero did.

Which takes us back to transformed gon.... That transformation was not just anything, it was the realization of gon's full potential. Killua made the point that such a nen should require years or decades worth of training. What kind of training? Who knows but its not too far fetched that that being gon's full potential was the nen he would have acquired after a lifetime worth of being subjected to some sort of insanity like netero did. It sounds like a lot but I would argue the notion is not too far fetched. Transformed gon didn't just have nen comparable to the royal guards, he had nen comparable to that of the king. The king was presumably not just stronger than the royal guards but rather MUCH stronger. So gon with his transformation would have presumably had nen as strong as the king's at that point. Now, whether he would reach netero's skill, which is what made his fearsome, is a different matter and we have no real way to know it. Still, we have every reason to believe the sheer amount of nen gon had was well more than the royals and at least a match for the king (pitou noted that gon could reach the king).

So as far as ging and silva.... To begin with I don't think either of them would have a chance against netero. Heck, seeing the crater left by the bodhitsava thingy it would not even be far fetched that it was roughly comparable to uvo's big bang impact which left a similarly sized crater in the ground. Of course the amount of nen in the attack does not even have to match the big bang impact considering the sheer speed at which netero can attack. Taking in consideration hisoka's judgement of the zodiacs it does seem illumi himself is actually stronger or comparable to quite a few of them. Nen does relate to a great degree with age as nen does take decades to develop so it kinda makes sense that silva would be stronger than illumi. And of course we have the fact that silva has quite an insane physical build.... It makes a lot of sense that he would be physically superior to ging considering it. As far as nen goes, who knows.... Netero did have quite a high opinion of zeno even though zeno is quite old himself, if zilva surpassed zeno then it wouldn't be weird at all that he was a comparable nen user to ging. And even then, nen is a very relative thing when it comes to fighting. There are many factors which could influence the outcome of the fight. Anyways, with what we know we can't really assert that ging was stronger than zeno even if netero thought ging was among the top 5 nen users. For all we know zilva's abilities are perfectly suited to fight ging for example.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well throughout the story there's this notion of being strong is not the same thing as having your abilities designed to killing people. Silva could have an edge over Ging in his expertise at killing people, even though it's basically inconceiveable that Silva could be stronger by any physical measurement.

Netero was probably a top 5 level character before he went into his additional training. After that he become the undisputed #1. I assume Netero led the special unit in the Hunter before he become the chairman, since that kind of responsibility usually don't belong to the chairman (he says in the Hunter's exam that he's supposed to take care of the background stuff as chairman). We know the said unit of the Hunter is basically never challenged so I think 'top 5' is a perfectly valid standard for the leader of the said unit.

Skill is irrelevent when you have the power level of a Royal Guard or higher if your opponents are mere humans. The whole Netero fight had the rather absurd notion that you can somehow knockback/interrupt an enemy who is imprevious to your damage (neither Meryem nor Pitou took any meaningful damage from Netero's attacks). How do you break someone's concentration if you can't even hurt him? What should've happened is that any area effect attacks would be able to trade hits with Netero, and of course he cannot possibly outlast any Royal Guard let alone Meryem even if he's trading hits in a very favorable ratio. Likewise with Adult Gon you're talking about a guy that can stun a Royal Guard (Pitou) with a normal attack. This means if his opponent is a human level one even just a slight graze will probably knock you out and then he just have to follow up with one more regular attack and you're dead. You're talking about a guy who can casually do 10000+ AP damage (his damage output has to be higher than Yupi unless Yupi is supposed to be able to knock out Pitou in one hit) which is a number that's far beyond the strongest Hatsus can do for humans. He also has unbelievable speed which means you can get into a similar case as Meryem, where you wouldn't even be able to react to his speed on time before you're already dead. There's no amount of skill that can make up against someone who has absolute power, at least relatively speaking. They're also not particularly relevent to the story since unless you see some kind of DBZ inflation, the only characters who are likely to ever hit this level is Gon (transformed) and Netero (50 years ago) and we know those two characters are exceptions amongst exceptions. If HXH jumped 30 years ahead when it resumes, you wouldn't assume Gon can even hit this level at all, because we know he does not like training and you basically need Netero level of training to realize that potential. He might even become a top 5 30 years later, but we shouldn't expect him to hit a level where he can instantly kill any human level character in one hit like he displayed in the Ant arc. Besides, Gon (transformed) would also be an undisputed #1 if he was actually around longer than a few minutes.

As a side note Gon has always been the more talented but he is not as rigorous in training compared to Killua. It is entirely possible he goes through life without ever coming close to his potential. We can easily see that most people in HXH considers training as a low priority, even guys who live in life and death situations. This isn't a world where everyone has nothing better to do than training 24/7. Meryem says Netero's dedication/training must have been insane, which implies that's not something even he could do, and indeed how can someone who is destined to rule all the races possibly find the time to go train for years at a time?

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Why would it be that inconceivable? I get that there is a certain mystique around ging but I don't think he would necessarily have something over silva. Silva is someone who has dedicated his entire life to fighting which is worth a mention if he is older than ging.

I don't think skill is irrelevant against the guards. Overall the guards did kinda show it was possible for humans to oppose them although it is completely true the ones there were not capable of doing so. Knuckle did not have the right ability for it (he would have needed more help) and murao did show he was capable of restraining pufu for a while with his ability in spite of the fact that murao's aura should have been several times weaker than that of pufu. And to boot it does seem like there are hunters out there significantly stronger than either of them. I would argue it is within the realm of possibilities for exceptional humans to defeat the guards. The king would be a different matter even before the rose. The king did not only have a lot more power than his subordinates but he also had an intellect to at least match his power if not surpass it. Unfathomable power along with unfathomable intelligence is tough if not impossible to beat in HxH.

Phantron

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ging defeated Razor who presumably was a professional murderer too so at least his base stats is high enough to capture someone who is definitely skilled in the way of killing. Now Silva could be more skilled but then he might not be. If Ging has low physical stats then it must follow that his special ability has to be truly crazy because otherwise he wouldn't even be able to defeat Razor.

I really don't see how the Hunters could've come up with a better team to support Netero despite the Zodiac's claim to do so, because it'd mean they're totally irresponsible in the first place and let their chairman take on needless risk. Morel was able to restrain Pufu because he sat still a few seconds drooling over his obsession with Meryem. If he was normally alert there would never be the opportunity to put the smoke jail around him. Against Yupi, Knuckles could've waited like 15 minutes or whatever it takes for him to bankrupt, but by then the battle would've been over. The most likely outcome is Pufu would've come back and just killed everyone. The Ant arc did a very bad job at pointing out that the Hunters had some improbably lucky breaks and some totally crazy combination of abilities (Meleoron) and still didn't actually defeat any of the Royal Guards aside from Gon. Also, the story must have done a very bad job communicating the fact that the Royal Guards often have superior tactics compared to their Hunter counterparts. Throughout the fight you see it's the Hunters that fall victim to various ploys by Pufu and even Yupi, not the other way around. The Hunters were only able to recover due to Meleoron's ability, which is utterly insane and almost impossible to prepare for.