Quarterfinal - God Serena vs Natsu Dragneel | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal God Serena vs Natsu Dragneel

Which Fighter Advances?

• God Serena

Votes: 34 47.9%
  • Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 37 52.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

THE ALMIGHTY CRYBABY

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Austria
Serena has more MP. Natsu cant hold his attack forever - Serena win.

Mira show that she can use macro. More of You said that she cant use it on Jellal. Stupid thing. Why you ignore your rules in one fight but not another??

Natsu didnt show his DF in this war, so for your rules he can use only DF from past arc. DF which was weaker than Mard.

As you see - heart is nothing in this tournament, fighter go all out.

Bs Laxus' power allow him to kill opponent without any power up. He doesnt need eat lightning bs he never meet strong opponent with lightning. And Serena too. Jura is far weaker than Serena, why he should eat his attacks?? Bs you want that?
Ok. Serena didnt show how he eat element. So Natsu didnt show DF in this war. And if he can use DF, why he didnt in fight with Zeref?? Its the same thing like Serena didnt eat Jura's rock (while he fly down from tree after Wolf punch).

And ofc, Natsu didnt show his new DF but you desided He can and it is much stronger, but Mira cant use macro while in manga she use it. Genius.

DF Natsu wasn't shown in this arc but we saw DF Gajeel so we can easily say how strong DF Natsu is ( equal to DF Gajeel or slightly above)!!! Natsu and Gajeel are rivals and they were in every arc equals (at least their base level).
Mira can use Macro but isn't as skilled as Sayla with it because in the manga not all fodder characters of alvarez went down when she had used it, so the assumption that it doesn't work on Gerard or anyone close to Mira's power level is correct.

Tirl

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
DF Natsu wasn't shown in this arc but we saw DF Gajeel so we can easily say how strong DF Natsu is ( equal to DF Gajeel or slightly above)!!! Natsu and Gajeel are rivals and they were in every arc equals (at least their base level).
Gajeels DF is nothing in power lvl. He didnt show any strange. He just use antimagic to change his magic to be allow to beat antimagic Brad's body. And it is Gajeel's DF, we cant use it to think Natsu DF is strong. Rules of T.

Mira can use Macro but isn't as skilled as Sayla with it because in the manga not all fodder characters of alvarez went down when she had used it, so the assumption that it doesn't work on Gerard or anyone close to Mira's power level is correct.
All troops are fall who was under Mira's control. Other soldiers was made by Wahl and had resist to macro. And even they was real people, Wahl still can resist macro on all of them
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
As you can see, no one soldier is still stand in front of Mira

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ughhh these arguements are cringeworthy lol Half the people voting against Natsu are doing so because they refuse to include DF as an actual mode for Natsu when he has shown that it is part of his skill set even after a mod said to include DF... These Tournaments are just popularity contests anyway... No one is voting against the characters they really like, and its a major flaw in the deciding vote. I've got
FDKM Natsu > God Serena High Difficulty since
Flame cancels out Flame, but Natau has shown greater power output than Setena so far.

Not going to try and prove my case. Just my opinon. See everyone on tbe nest round. Peace!

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Let's just accept the fact that Natsu can use DF in this tournament. Mods agreed to that, let's just agree.

I'm ok with Natsu having DF.

However i still don't get why Serena would't be able to eat elements of his DS magic.

First Gen DS: Natsu is able to eat flames/fire, Wendy is able to eat air, Gajeel is able to eat iron.

Second Gen DS: we have never seen Laxus eat lightening that's right. He didn't face a lot of lightning users though.
He didn't eat Wahl's lightning attack, so what? He's not forced to eat every single lightning spell used against him. That's not a proof that Laxus can't eat lightning - and same goes for Serena not eating Jura's rock.
Cobra is able to eat poison.

Third Gen DS: never seen Rogue or Sting eat their elements, but then again which light/shadow users did they face? None.

I'm only talking about their own respective elements... II could also mention the fact that some DS showed that they were capable of eating other elements as well (Natsu wiith Etherion and lightning, Gajeel with shadows etc...)

The fact that some DS never showed the ability to eat their own element doesn't mean they can't do it. This ability has been pictured as being part of the Dragon Slayer magic and thus is common to ALL DS - not only 1st or 3rd gen like Dragon Force, see Cobra above.

This is a line from FT's wiki:
"In addition, they also have the ability to consume the element which they wield, just as long as it is not created from their own Magic."

In this tournament we should consider that God Serena CAN eat Natsu's flames. We'd have to requestion the very definition of DS magic otherwise.
I'm not saying Natsu would have no chance of winning though. Just saying that God Serena has the ability to eat his flames.

Last edited:

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Being a Dragon Slayer doesn't make it a given that they can eat the element(s) that they use. Laxus has never shown he can eat elements either, he's only shown a resistance to them. Serena having eight lacrima inside him means that he's going to have some shortcoming somewhere, and I believe that his shortcoming(s) are not being able to eat the elements of the lacrima and have resistances to those elements. Unlike the other slayers, he isn't proficient with a sole element, rather he has eight differnet lacrima he has to use. Its not unreasonable to think he may be unable to eat elements, and if he could eat the elements then why didn't he eat Jura's rockiron fists instead of being hit by them? Surely as a Dragon Slayer you'd eat things you can eat rather than being hit by them.

Call it favouritism or whatever, I among other people believe that Natsu's attacks won't be shrugged off that easily even if Serena has a resistance to elements, which he hasn't shown to have. They're very physical, and while the fire may be the more prominent parts of the attack, they still knock the opponent around a lot so its not that unbelievable that Natsu could overwhelm Serena with the sheer force of his attacks in a powerful mode like FDKM or Dragon Force. Serena fought opponents who are weaker than a Spriggan, some by a fair bit, so how does being hit a few times by them amount to taking anything more than what Natsu's taken? IgNatsu is only using Igneel's magic power for more attack power, there is nothing to say it boosts his defense as well so his defense should still be considered the same.

Serena showed nothing to say he's even that good with hand to hand combat, so against someone like Natsu who thrives of hand to hand combat in fights he loses out. This tournament goes off what we've seen in the manga, so whatever we've seen in that is factual. God Serena hasn't eaten elements in the manga where he should've been able to at least eat some of Jura's attack, but he didn't. Its therefore a fact that he didn't eat an element when he would've if he was able to. We haven't seen it, therefore we can't count it. And as Serena's flames (Purgatory Dragon flames) are still Dragon Flames which Natsu has previously eaten (Atlas Flame's Dragon Flames), he should be able to eat Serena's flames. I've pointed out previously in other posts how Natsu render's Serena's known elemental attacks useless, so without those and any feats of hand to hand combat skill, how can Serena actually beat Natsu?
Are you forgetting the fact that Wahl's electricity revitalised Laxus so that he could stop the onslaught and begin a counter attack or something?......
Seriously dude? God Serena hadn't activated his dragonslayer powers before Jura attacked him, his eyes go black before he activates Hybrid Theory. So now your argument is that he can't consume fire, his element and that he can't use the basic properties of a dragonslayer?
You've gotta be kidding me.

v.s.

Now you tell me what had more force, Base Natsu's punch or Wolfheim and Jura's attacks? Even if that fist was coated in flames, the force is still coming from Natsu's physical strenght and even if it wasn't, in that scan, God Serena is clearly affected by Jura's rock attack, unless you think that he just likes to say "UGH!!!" when being attacked for fun, so he's not immune to his own elements. Now imagine DF Natsu, who's much more physically powerful than the same Natsu who sent Bakel flying from the ground right through Ajeel's ship, and you'll get an idea of just how physically powerful he would be. Now Serena on the other hand has shown no physical moves, just attacks that had a form of range to them, he has no speed feats, meanwhile Tower of heaven DF Natsu blitzed a Jellal that was using meteor, Tartaros DF Natsu was blitzing Etherious Mard Geer, and current DF Natsu would almost certainly be much faster than he was back then. GS's endurance isn't anything special, because Wolfheim and Jura's attacks aren't anything special, meanwhile last time we saw him, DF Natsu was covered in dragon scales, i.e. one of, if not the most durable thing in the verse. Sure, GS's DS magic might be able to penetrate his scales, but as others have pointed out, Natsu has a counter for all of his displayed DS elements, especially if he's in DF. So yeah, God Serena is getting low diffed.
This is a very poor argument, I'm now going to use your logic to show you how poor your argument is.......
Wendy's casual kick to Dimaria knocked her back further than anything Serena did to any of his opponents, using your logic, Wendy > Serena, Wendy > Wolfheim, Wendy > Jura. There are also moments before the timeskip when Natsu has knocked his opponents back really far and when Laxus has too. Does that mean before the timeskip Laxus and Natsu were stronger than Serena, Wolfheim and Jura?.........

Last edited:

Shoutmon

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Are you forgetting the fact that Wahl's electricity revitalised Laxus so that he could stop the onslaught and begin a counter attack or something?......
Seriously dude? God Serena hadn't activated his dragonslayer powers before Jura attacked him, his eyes go black before he activates Hybrid Theory. So now your argument is that he can't consume fire, his element and that he can't use the basic properties of a dragonslayer?
You've gotta be kidding me.

This is a very poor argument, I'm now going to use your logic to show you how poor your argument is.......
Wendy's casual kick to Dimaria knocked her back further than anything Serena did to any of his opponents, using your logic, Wendy > Serena, Wendy > Wolfheim, Wendy > Jura. There are also moments before the timeskip when Natsu has knocked his opponents back really far and when Laxus has too. Does that mean before the timeskip Laxus and Natsu were stronger than Serena, Wolfheim and Jura?.........
Alright, how about this:

Do you think that Wolfheim and Jura's attacks could do that? I certainly don't, and you have yet to provide any feats from Serena (besides tanking completely unimpressive attacks) and a reason as to why DF Natsu won't just counter every element. Also, since when does a dragonslayer need to activate their magic to gain immunity? Ds's like Laxus and Cobra casually use their magic without activating anything, the only time they "activated" their elements was when they first revealed them and it never happened again,heck in that scan you provided you don't see Laxus gaining scales like he did the first time:

yet he resisted that element just fine, so if any argument is "poor" it's that one.

Edit: One more thing, provided that Serena can indeed consume fire to avoid damage ('cause as I've proven, he's not immune to his elements), how's he gonna consume a Demolition Fist to the abdomen?

Last edited:

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alright, how about this:

Do you think that Wolfheim and Jura's attacks could do that? I certainly don't, and you have yet to provide any feats from Serena (besides tanking completely unimpressive attacks) and a reason as to why DF Natsu won't just counter every element. Also, since when does a dragonslayer need to activate their magic to gain immunity? Ds's like Laxus and Cobra casually use their magic without activating anything, the only time they "activated" their elements was when they first revealed them and it never happened again,heck in that scan you provided you don't see Laxus gaining scales like he did the first time:

yet he resisted that element just fine, so if any argument is "poor" it's that one.

Edit: One more thing, provided that Serena can indeed consume fire to avoid damage ('cause as I've proven, he's not immune to his elements), how's he gonna consume a Demolition Fist to the abdomen?
Where on earth have you proven that he can't consume fire?...... Seriously... where?
Serena's dragonslaying magic was described by August as being different, his magic is Hybrid Theory, the power to use different dragonslaying magic, that panel that you showed is early dragonslayer magic that Hiro was still getting used to, I think that much is pretty clear.
Serena clearly shows that when he starts using Hybrid Theory his eyes go black and then he starts using the magic. All dragonslayers have immunity to their elements and can consume them, by saying that Serena is the only one who can't without any factual evidence is you bending the rules. It's a basic trait of every dragonslayer.

The panel that you provided me with demolition fist I don't care about....... all of those flames that split apart the god of war aren't going to affect Serena and he'll just rejuvenate himself with most of them.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Also the fact that everyone forget that Serena did all of his feats rather casually is ridiculous.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dragon Force = Dragonizing. If God Serena can dragonize, he can use dragon force. If not, he can't.

God Serena can eat fire. As a dragon slayer, I think it's reasonable to say that he can. That doesn't mean he can eat every attack from Natsu though. Demolition Fist is a punch. Serena would have to block it first, and then eat the fire from Natsu's fist. Serena can no more eat all of Natsu's attacks than Gajeel can chew up every slash from Erza's swords.

How I will rank this battle will depend on Natsu's condition after taking August's attack. If he's still in fighting shape after August's attack, there's probably nothing in God Serena's arsenal that can keep him down.

Shoutmon

Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
Where on earth have you proven that he can't consume fire?...... Seriously... where?
Serena's dragonslaying magic was described by August as being different, his magic is Hybrid Theory, the power to use different dragonslaying magic
I never said he couldn't consume fire, I said that he can't no-sell it.

that panel that you showed is early dragonslayer magic that Hiro was still getting used to, I think that much is pretty clear.
You said that he needs to activate it to gain immunity, but you yourself proved( with that scan of laxus) that that isn't the case, he should have automatic "immunity", but based on his reaction to Jura's attack, he doesn't and at best only resists it.

Also, when August said his DS magic is different, he meant that he could wield 8 elements instead of the standard 1, not that it only takes effect once "activated", if that was what you were getting at.
Also the fact that everyone forget that Serena did all of his feats rather casually is ridiculous.
That's impressive, but Natsu's feats are more impressive, like still being completely fine after destroying Ikusatsunagi for example.

I'm still waiting for those speed, strenght and better endurance feats.

Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Serena has more MP. Natsu cant hold his attack forever - Serena win.
Again, Serena having more magic power doesn't mean he'll win. He doesn't have great feats for durability, he only got hit by the gods of ishgal and torn apart by Acnologia. And as I've pointed out before, Natsu makes Serena's attacks moot while Serena can't eat Natsu's attacks nor have resistance to him because of what he's shown, so I ask you this: Do you really thing Serena would still be standing after getting hit with a few Flame Dragon King Spells from FDKM Natsu when he doesn't have resistance or the ability to eat them? Surely you can see that he'd be taken out given just one of those was enough to finish Jacob off (and Jacob hadn't taken a lot of damage beforehand).

Bs Laxus' power allow him to kill opponent without any power up. He doesnt need eat lightning bs he never meet strong opponent with lightning. And Serena too. Jura is far weaker than Serena, why he should eat his attacks?? Bs you want that?
Ok. Serena didnt show how he eat element. So Natsu didnt show DF in this war. And if he can use DF, why he didnt in fight with Zeref?? Its the same thing like Serena didnt eat Jura's rock (while he fly down from tree after Wolf punch).

And ofc, Natsu didnt show his new DF but you desided He can and it is much stronger, but Mira cant use macro while in manga she use it.
I've made the point before that Dragon Slayers tend to eat their element when someone tries to hit them with it and that Serena can't eat the elements he wields as he didn't eat Jura's attacks. If he had the ability to eat elements, then he would've eaten the rockiron fist attack, but he didn't. Hence, he can't eat his own elements. On the same point with the Rockiron fists, he said "UGH!" when he got hit by them, which throws him having the resistance to the elements he wields out the window as well. So with no resistance to Natsu's attacks, no way to eat them and Natsu rendering Serena's attacks useless, there is no way Serena can win as a few FDK spells from FDKM Natsu would be enough to drop him.

Why Natsu didn't use Dragon Force against Zeref is simple: Because it can only be used with his own magic power. Dragon Force is the final form of Dragon Slaying magic and shows off a slayer's true power. It simply can't be used with Igneel's magic power, hence Natsu went to his next best mode in Flame Dragon King Mode against Zeref. Its as simple as that.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
And as I've pointed out before, Natsu makes Serena's attacks moot while Serena can't eat Natsu's attacks nor have resistance to him because of what he's shown

I've made the point before that Dragon Slayers tend to eat their element when someone tries to hit them with it and that Serena can't eat the elements he wields as he didn't eat Jura's attacks. If he had the ability to eat elements, then he would've eaten the rockiron fist attack, but he didn't. Hence, he can't eat his own elements.
Come on dude.

With all respect. That's your one and only argument, "he didn't do it so he can't do it". I wrote a post about Serena, and more generally ALL DS, being able to eat their respective elements, please read it, it's just above.. And if you did already, please quote and answer my post to show me why i'm wrong, instead of bringing the same point over and over again.

This is even stated in the FT wiki. DS mages CAN eat their own element. This is part of the Dragon Slayer magic, common to all DS generations. Just because Serena didn't do it doesn't mean he can't.
I just read the Serena VS GOI+Jura again. Serena got hit by Wolfheim and immediatly after, got punch by Jura's rockiron. He probably couldn't react fast enough and thus didn't eat it.
Also i don't even know if it was Serena who said this "Uh", or "Hah or whatever was said during the attack. Could also be Jura as well when casting his magic, contrary to Serena Jura was pretty exhausted so it would make sense. Especially since, in the very next panel, Serena still looked very relaxed and not hurt at all from the hit.

You've been stating your opinion and your point about that for a while now so i'd understand if you got bored from saying it over and over again. Still you didn't manage to convince me. The fact that Serena didnt eat the magic, doesn't mean he can't eat his elements. It is a part of the DS magic, from all 3 generations.

EDIT:
I forgot one of your points. You also said that Serena having 8 DS lacrymas could come with a weakness of some sort, this weakness being the unability to eat these elements.
It would make sense actually so i could agree with it. But such weakness hasn't been showed or stated in the manga. We shouldn't just assume that. Especially not in order to prove a point.
No, this is purely hypothetical and shoudn't even be a point since we know nothing of that.

Last edited:

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Come on dude.

With all respect. That's your one and only argument, "he didn't do it so he can't do it". I wrote a post about Serena, and more generally ALL DS, being able to eat their respective elements, please read it, it's just above.. And if you did already, please quote and answer my post to show me why i'm wrong, instead of bringing the same point over and over again.

This is even stated in the FT wiki. DS mages CAN eat their own element. This is part of the Dragon Slayer magic, common to all DS generations. Just because Serena didn't do it doesn't mean he can't.
I just read the Serena VS GOI+Jura again. Serena got hit by Wolfheim and immediatly after, got punch by Jura's rockiron. He probably couldn't react fast enough and thus didn't eat it.
Also i don't even know if it was Serena who said this "Uh", or "Hah or whatever was said during the attack. Could also be Jura as well when casting his magic, contrary to Serena Jura was pretty exhausted so it would make sense. Especially since, in the very next panel, Serena still looked very relaxed and not hurt at all from the hit.

You've been stating your opinion and your point about that for a while now so i'd understand if you got bored from saying it over and over again. Still you didn't manage to convince me. The fact that Serena didnt eat the magic, doesn't mean he can't eat his elements. It is a part of the DS magic, from all 3 generations.

EDIT:
I forgot one of your points. You also said that Serena having 8 DS lacrymas could come with a weakness of some sort, this weakness being the unability to eat these elements.
It would make sense actually so i could agree with it. But such weakness hasn't been showed or stated in the manga. We shouldn't just assume that. Especially not in order to prove a point.
No, this is purely hypothetical and shoudn't even be a point since we know nothing of that.
This is a very well constructed answer, there is nothing that says he can't eat it so we have to assume that he can, just like the people trying to convince us it's Natsu's win are trying to assume that he can activate/will himself into dragon force at the current moment when we haven't been shown whatsoever that he can.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Do you really thing Serena would still be standing after getting hit with a few Flame Dragon King Spells from FDKM Natsu when he doesn't have resistance or the ability to eat them?
He has resist and ability to eat them (it is only your wish) but ofc, I think he can stay easily those spells without any resist.
If he had the ability to eat elements, then he would've eaten the rockiron fist attack, but he didn't.
Be able eat elements doesnt mean Serena (or Laxus) MUST do that. They strong enought to defeat their opponent without power up. And other people told you why Serena didnt eat that rock.

DS can eat their elements. It is rules of FT world. And only your wish is not enouhg to make Serena unable to do it.
Again, Serena having more magic power doesn't mean he'll win. He doesn't have great feats for durability, he only got hit by the gods of ishgal and torn apart by Acnologia.
I think Natsu and Serena have the same attack, def, speed. Natsu has more stamina and some more intellect, but Serena has much more MP and it makes him favorite in this fight. Without title of main character Natsu cant win this fight.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
He has resist and ability to eat them (it is only your wish) but ofc, I think he can stay easily those spells without any resist.

Be able eat elements doesnt mean Serena (or Laxus) MUST do that. They strong enought to defeat their opponent without power up. And other people told you why Serena didnt eat that rock.

DS can eat their elements. It is rules of FT world. And only your wish is not enouhg to make Serena unable to do it.

I think Natsu and Serena have the same attack, def, speed. Natsu has more stamina and some more intellect, but Serena has much more MP and it makes him favorite in this fight. Without title of main character Natsu cant win this fight.
God Serena won't be able to stand a barrage of Flame Dragon King attacks. One Flame Dragon King's Demolition Fist was enough to finish Jacob (A Spriggan) who hadn't taken a lot of damage beforehand, i.e Natsu dealt an overwhelming majority of the damage needed to defeat Jacob. To have the power that can drop a Spriggan in one shot is a really impressive feat, and God Serena simply hasn't shown that he has the power to do that when he used numerous attacks against opponents who are all weaker than the Spriggan 12. Its absurd to think God Serena could still be standing after taking a few attacks of the same tier as the Demolition Fist as just one was enough to defeat Jacob, and if Natsu used it more than once then God Serena would be in a really bad state. God Serena's magic power won't save him when he hasn't shown the defense needed to still be able to fight after taking a barrage of FDKM Demolition Fist tier attacks.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Its absurd to think God Serena could still be standing after taking a few attacks of the same tier as the Demolition Fist as just one was enough to defeat Jacob
You know spriggans are not all on one lvl and they have different ability. While Ajeel and Serena are fighters, Jacob just assassin and has not much def to block even Leo's attack. Defeating him doesnt mean that Natsu can esealy defeat other spriggan (he has not a chance vs Brad). I agree that Natsu can defeat Wahl, Ajeel (bs fire rules in fight with sand), Nain, maybe Dimaria. But Natsu cant defeat Serena. And even Marin (he has teleport and he faster than Natsu).
Without resist Serena still powerfull wizzard. And in that battle MP is deside.

Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
You know spriggans are not all on one lvl and they have different ability. While Ajeel and Serena are fightets, Jacob just assassin and has not much def to block even Leo's attack. Defeating him doesnt mean that Natsu can esealy defeat other spriggan (he has not a chance vs Brad). I agree that Natsu can defeat Wahl, Ajeel (bs fire rules in fight with sand), Nain, maybe Dimaria. But Natsu cant defeat Serena. And even Marin (he has teleport and he faster than Natsu).
Without resist Serena still powerfull wizzard. And in that battle MP is deside.
Again, what makes you think Serena can take attacks that can destroy a god and take out a Spriggan? Even if Jacob is one of the weaker Spriggan in terms of defense, that doesn't mean Serena is leagues above him and would therefore still be able to fight. Natsu's shown he can string together a lot of Dragon Slayer techniques at once, and given he can probably do the same with Flame Dragon King techniques, then how does Serena's defensive feats (which is only taking attacks from the Gods of Ishgal and Jura) mean he'd still be standing after taking far stronger attacks like Natsu's Flame Dragon King's Demolition Fist? Magic Power isn't the deciding factor in this battle, rather this fight will come down to who can deal the other more damage, and Natsu has the better feats for attack, making him the victor here.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
For God Serena vs Natsu Dragneel, the match needs to be seen from a fair perspective...
  • God Serena > Base Natsu [Low-Medium Difficulty]
  • God Serena > FDKM/LFD Natsu [Medium-High Difficulty]
  • God Serena > DF Natsu [High-Extreme Difficulty]
There seems to be a double standard in this thread but if we were to correctly assess this fight, there really wouldn't be any stomping or "Low Difficulty" here. At the same time, I don't see how this fight could even come close to being labeled as "Extreme Difficulty"...
  • Attack: God Serena ≤ Natsu
  • Defense: God Serena > Natsu
  • Speed: God Serena ≤ Natsu
  • Versatility: God Serena > Natsu
  • Intelligence: God Serena = Natsu
  • MP: God Serena > Natsu
Before I start, I would like to note that the 3 Gods of Ishgar are no pushovers. Hyberion is already Spriggan Level. He impressed God Serena and August with just his skills alone. There seems to be a confusion on just how strong the 3 Gods of Ishgar actually are compared to Jura. The answer is... Significantly Stronger.

We know this because Jura was nervous merely by Wolfheim's presence let alone Hyberion's entrance.

Attack

This really depends on which attacks we're comparing. Keep in mind that we've seen Natsu's limits being pushed while God Serena arguably didn't even use half of his power.

Overall, Natsu may have a larger AoE but that doesn't mean he has a higher attack potency. Let's not forget that God Serena easily took down 3 Gods of Ishgar + Jura without Dragon Slaying Magic. Whether he defeated them with basic CQC or a weaker form of magic is debatable. Either way, I'll reluctantly give this to Natsu but it won't be by a large margin.

Defense

This all depends on only one factor. Which spells have a higher attack potency?
  1. Combined spells from the 3 Gods of Ishgar + Jura
  2. Jacob's CQC
There really shouldn't be any argument here. A few physical hits can't match 4 magical spells. With this in mind, let's look at God Serena's condition after being hit.

And now Natsu's condition.

Speed

God Serena never had a chance to prove himself of his speed because his fight was mainly stationary. So there is no reason to believe he is slow. Natsu hasn't shown much speed feats either. But I'll generously give Natsu a slight upper-hand here.

Versatility

God Serena obviously takes this. Thus, he has the advantage of utilizing different spells against Natsu whereas Natsu only has one type of magic. Additionally, this gives God Serena resistance which will cancel out with Natsu's "immunity".

Intelligence

As far as I'm concerned, both aren't that tactically smart. It's a draw.

Magic Power

Easily God Serena. A Spriggan has higher MP than any known character so far. Natsu was shocked when he sensed Brandish's and Ajeel's MP.

Conclusion

Let's not twist or spins things here. Natsu only beats God Serena in Attack Power and Speed, given that we're talking about a restricted God Serena here. In every other stat, God Serena wins with Medium-High Difficulty (average).

Last edited:

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Again, what makes you think Serena can take attacks that can destroy a god and take out a Spriggan? Even if Jacob is one of the weaker Spriggan in terms of defense, that doesn't mean Serena is leagues above him and would therefore still be able to fight. Natsu's shown he can string together a lot of Dragon Slayer techniques at once, and given he can probably do the same with Flame Dragon King techniques, then how does Serena's defensive feats (which is only taking attacks from the Gods of Ishgal and Jura) mean he'd still be standing after taking far stronger attacks like Natsu's Flame Dragon King's Demolition Fist? Magic Power isn't the deciding factor in this battle, rather this fight will come down to who can deal the other more damage, and Natsu has the better feats for attack, making him the victor here.
Natsu use his strongest attack (for now) in his strongest mode (for now) to defeat mage like Jacob. Ofc all think that that attack is nothing to mage like Serena. He hold attacks from GoI. You can told that they are weak in attack, but:
1. Jura has strong attack to deal much damage to Laxus and two shot Brain.
2. Wolf is attack type of wizzard and also has strong def.
3. Warrod can make tree in 2000 km size. That tree can simply oneshot God if fall on him. Even Warrod said that he is not strong, that tree is proof of his strange.

Natsu cant deal more damage to Serena than he to him. They are equal in attack. And Serena still can use other element. Natsu may fly, burn water, etc, but MP allow Serena to fight longer that Natsu. So - when Natsu empty his MP, Serena still has enough MP to kill Natsu.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Natsu use his strongest attack (for now) in his strongest mode (for now) to defeat mage like Jacob. Ofc all think that that attack is nothing to mage like Serena. He hold attacks from GoI. You can told that they are weak in attack, but:
1. Jura has strong attack to deal much damage to Laxus and two shot Brain.
2. Wolf is attack type of wizzard and also has strong def.
3. Warrod can make tree in 2000 km size. That tree can simply oneshot God if fall on him. Even Warrod said that he is not strong, that tree is proof of his strange.

Natsu cant deal more damage to Serena than he to him. They are equal in attack. And Serena still can use other element. Natsu may fly, burn water, etc, but MP allow Serena to fight longer that Natsu. So - when Natsu empty his MP, Serena still has enough MP to kill Natsu.
You're overhyping God Serena now. Natsu's Demolition Fist is stronger than anything the Gods of Ishgar threw at Serena, and now you're pulling things out of thin air to try and get your point across.

Jura beat Brain over eight years ago, and Brain is nothing compared to the Spriggans. Jura vs Laxus was a year ago, and in that year Laxus trained while Jura worked to rebuild the council, and now Laxus can come close to one-shotting a Spriggan, so I'm not seeing the point of your comparison there.
Wolfheim hasn't shown anything in defense other than getting knocked around by God Serena, so its a wild claim to say he's 'strong in defense' all of a sudden.
Now you're saying Warrod could one shot God Serena? Are you serious? I can't believe that at all, Warrod hit Serena with a tree and he was far from one-shotting him him.

Again, we saw Serena use a few attacks against the GOI + Jura to finish them off, and he would've used even more beforehand to get them to that point. Natsu dealt a huge amount to a Spriggan with one attack in FDKM, and its a fact that none of the GOI are on the level of the Spriggans other than Serena. You're arguing that Serena has more attack power than Natsu, but he had to use more spells to defeat opponents weaker than Jacob, who Natsu took out with one shot when he was serious. Its obvious from this that Natsu has greater attack power than Serena. Taking out Jacob (A Spriggan) with one attack when serious >>> using a lot of attacks to defeat opponents weaker than a Spriggan.

And as I've pointed out before, Natsu renders all of Serena's attacks useless, and with the ability to use powerful attacks like the Demolition Fist in quick succession in a barrage on Serena, there's no way Serena would withstand that onslaught from FDKM Natsu, who would have Serena feeling very discomforted just from the sheer heat of the mode. Unless you can show me attacks from God Serena which are stronger than Natsu's Flame Dragon King's Demolition Fist (The attack that defeated Jacob and Destroyed a War God) then its clear that Natsu has more attack power from what we've seen and thus would overwhelm Serena to win the fight.

Rain Cloud

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
And as I've pointed out before, Natsu renders all of Serena's attacks useless, and with the ability to use powerful attacks like the Demolition Fist in quick succession in a barrage on Serena, there's no way Serena would withstand that onslaught from FDKM Natsu, who would have Serena feeling very discomforted just from the sheer heat of the mode. Unless you can show me attacks from God Serena which are stronger than Natsu's Flame Dragon King's Demolition Fist (The attack that defeated Jacob and Destroyed a War God) then its clear that Natsu has more attack power from what we've seen and thus would overwhelm Serena to win the fight.
I genuinely admire your 10 pages of persistence on this battle and your arguments, haha.

I (personally) equate a move like Natsu's Demolition Fist to other top tier power-type moves such as Jellal and his grand chariot. After re-reading the above mentioned fights (Natsu vs. Jacob, Natsu vs. God of War) in which Natsu used Demolition Fist, I haven't seen any "barrage" of Demolition Fist -- only one really powerful attack.

So for moves like Natsu's Demolition Fist with Jellal's Grand Chariot in which there is consists a large amount of power behind each attack, I don't believe it's possible to use a move like that in rapid succession. For example, after casting Grand Chariot, Jellal was noticeably tired. After using Demolition Fist against Jacob, Natsu was heavily breathing. So yes, I agree with you in that if Natsu "used powerful attacks like the Demolition First in quick sucession in a barrage on Serena" Serena would definitely not win. However, I don't feel it correct to assume that Natsu can do this because it has never been shown that it is possible to fire large attacks like Demolition Fist in rapid succession and retain that amount of power per hit.

As for "Serena feeling very discomforted just from the sheer heat of the mode" that wouldn't apply because since (dictionary definition) Dragon Slayer can eat their own elements, and nothing has been shown to say a person with multiple lacrimas in their bodies can't eat multiple elements or anything related to that, God Serena would probably not be bothered by the heat either. (And I can understand if you would like to disagree with that as it is the backbone of your argument.)

I personally believe this is just a bad match-up for Natsu, even if he's stronger than God Serena in terms of feats and power display.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.