Quarterfinal - God Serena vs Natsu Dragneel | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal God Serena vs Natsu Dragneel

Which Fighter Advances?

• God Serena

Votes: 34 47.9%
  • Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 37 52.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

joodaa

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
England
This is quite difficult to be honest. I think based on attacks we've seen so far, natsu takes this. However, I'm sure there was a lot more serena could have offered, if not due to his untimely demise. Also I think natsu has a bit more to show, which we might see depending on how the august confrontation goes.

Tirl

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
God Serena takes this mid diff.

Natsu couldn't even solo a restricted Spriggan, so yeah this wouldn't be too hard for the strongest mage of Ishgar.
You come back :super
That's roughly my power scale atm, though I hold Jellal in higher esteem.
Maybe Jellal is Laxus lvl, but for now he didnt show anything for that. I put him after Hyb bs 2nd GoI use some telekinesis magic on humans, so he is real monster and i dont see any chanse for Jellal to avoid that. Only if he strong like Laxus and Serena, but we must waiting when he show us his true power of Jellal's love feelings:cheez

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Well we can only really count what we've actually seen in the manga
Then why was it fair to say Mirajane's Macro has restrictions why this was never shown in the manga?

Natsu was a LOT more restricted then Jacob was though, the only way in which the latter was restricted was due to some help from Lucy but Natsu did not want to damage the guild so he was restricted to light CQC combat (I stress light because he wouldn't have hit Jacob so hard as to send him flying through the guild).

I'm going to be somewhat surprised if Serena actually beats out Natsu here. Dude looses in both feats and hype. Frankly speaking, August should be strong enough to downright curbstomp someone of Serenas caliber (Lower-Middle of the Spriggans) and I doubt Natsu is going to get curbstomped, even if he does get his ass handed to him.
Uhm, Natsu got help from Lucy, Happy and Makarov and he would've died without them. Why was Natsu restricted? Jacob was restricted because he couldn't use his full power, which was Transport.

God Serena defeated the Gods of Ishgar and is stated to be the most powerful wizard of Ishgar. Seriously, Natsu won't win this.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
I choose God Serena, probably with extreme difficulty. When it comes to Natsu vs Top 5 Wizard Saints, I doubt he can beat Serena and maybe Hyberion. As for Wolfheim, Warrod, and Jura, I don't. Serena's dragon slaying magic and versatility will be plus points for him.

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Uhm, Natsu got help from Lucy, Happy and Makarov and he would've died without them. Why was Natsu restricted? Jacob was restricted because he couldn't use his full power, which was Transport.
Makarov allowed Natsu to go all-out and he easily defeated Jacob once he did. Sure Lucy and Happy helped but like I said, Natsu only needed the help because he was heavily restricted within the guild.

Natsu couldn't use any of his destructive fire spells (pretty much all of his spells lol) and he couldn't hit Jacob with all his strength either. Only one of Jacobs spells were restricted, there is no equal exchange here, Natsu was far more restricted.

God Serena defeated the Gods of Ishgar and is stated to be the most powerful wizard of Ishgar. Seriously, Natsu won't win this.
They aren't as impressive as they were made out to be 200 chapters ago. I'm sure you can also agree on this (as you have before). Bluenote is not that far behind Jura and Natsu curbstomped him. Serenas hype is outdated. Laxus, Natsu and Jellal are stronger now.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I think Natsu has greater offensive capability than God Serena, particularly with FDKM.

The main thing that bothers me if Serena's resistance to fire. Natsu is essentially nerfed by that. But I do believe FDK Demolishing Strike is going to do a lot of damage to Serena, even with resistance. Natsu is also going to have to deal with strong attacks.

Just how well can he endure God Serena's attacks? Just how much fire can Serena handle? I'm finding it hard to answer those, I think there's a large scope for error, and I see points being made by both sides which I can agree to.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I think Natsu has greater offensive capability than God Serena, particularly with FDKM.

The main thing that bothers me if Serena's resistance to fire. Natsu is essentially nerfed by that. But I do believe FDK Demolishing Strike is going to do a lot of damage to Serena, even with resistance. Natsu is also going to have to deal with strong attacks.

Just how well can he endure God Serena's attacks? Just how much fire can Serena handle? I'm finding it hard to answer those, I think there's a large scope for error, and I see points being made by both sides which I can agree to.
He can use LFD to bypass Serena's resistance to Fire.Serena hasn't showed any lightning element so Natsu can use it to defeat God Serena.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Makarov allowed Natsu to go all-out and he easily defeated Jacob once he did. Sure Lucy and Happy helped but like I said, Natsu only needed the help because he was heavily restricted within the guild.

Natsu couldn't use any of his destructive fire spells (pretty much all of his spells lol) and he couldn't hit Jacob with all his strength either. Only one of Jacobs spells were restricted, there is no equal exchange here, Natsu was far more restricted.
Heavily restricted? Seriously? There is a difference between can not and did not. Natsu could use his stronger attacks but he didn't. That just shows that he underestimates the power level of a Spriggan. Natsu wasn't restricted at all.

Inside a building or outside a building, it just doesn't matter. Jacob will oneshot Natsu with Transport or assassinate him due to Stealth once they're in a solo fight.

Natsu could use his full power, but Jacob couldn't.

They aren't as impressive as they were made out to be 200 chapters ago. I'm sure you can also agree on this (as you have before). Bluenote is not that far behind Jura and Natsu curbstomped him. Serenas hype is outdated. Laxus, Natsu and Jellal are stronger now.
Did I agree on that before?

Just like the Spriggan Twelve, the Ten Wizard Saints are hyped to be the strongest of their continent. Just because Jura was high max diffed by Laxus doesn't mean it's easy to surpass the Gods of Ishgar.

Bluenote is nothing compared to Jura.

No Ishgar mage is stronger than God Serena lol. This is pretty much stated.

GokuSSJG

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
God Serena takes this with high-extreme diff. Natsu is strong ofc. he was restricted but so was Jacob. if Jacob could have used Transport and Stealth and if he wasn't outmatched then he would beat Natsu and Lucy even if Natsu had FDKM.

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm going with the logical choice........ God Serena is immune to Natsu's fire for all I'm concerned, Natsu hits him with an attack and he just consumes the fire......... I see no way of him actually affecting Serena.
The only way that he could possibly hurt Serena is with LFDM and even then Serena could stop that with Neptune Dragon. The only feat in which Natsu has actually been able to evaporate a large body of water is with FDKM and if he uses that then I just see Serena eating his fire and using it to fuel himself.

God Serena takes this.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Natsu isn't touching Serena at all in this fight, Serena can simply eat all of Natsu's attacks, basically its like Natsu vs Zancrow but this time Serena won't even take half as long to finish off Natsu..
The Gale Dragon Slaying Lacrima will be too much for Natsu, remember Natsu vs Erigor? He had to drain away Erigor's wind, but Serena's attacks are more lethal than Erigor's so Natsu's stunt wouldn't be as useful as back then..
And that's not even touching the rest of the Lacrima so this is horribly going to end for Natsu

Rain Cloud

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm giving this one to Natsu Dragneel high-diff.

From the elements that God Serena has shown, the Hurricane Dragon and Sea King Dragon elements would be the most effective as wind and water are the worst match-ups for fire as stated in the manga, but Natsu has previously shown he can dispel wind magic and evaporate water, so they'd be moot against him in FDKM. Then there is Serena's Fire Mode, which even if it would give him a resistance to Natsu's Fire, Natsu could just eat Serena's and get powered up while Serena has no feats to show he can eat elements so its not clear if he can or not with those eight lacrima. That leaves Serena's earth dragon magic which really only broke up the ground.

Meanwhile, Natsu has LFD, FDKM and DF to use and seeing Serena hasn't shown anything to at least match the output of FDKM, I'd say Natsu takes this. With more attack power and attacks with a larger AOE, its hard for Serena to match him (Doing a lot of damage with one shot to defeat a Spriggan > Three attacks to take out opponents weaker than a Spriggan).
You've got to be KIDDING me. So much speculation and assumption here. Power-up? dispelling wind/water is a possibliity but there's no confirmation that he can do that even if he can "melt the surrounding landscape". For all we know, the only reason he could burn Zeref's magic was due to Igneel's flames,not BASE FDKM.

Natsu needed help to defeat Jacob (JACOB). Whereas God Serena defeated FOUR people above GMG Jura level (I assume Jura's gotten a bit more powerful) WITHOUT breaking a sweat. Like seriously. At best, Natsu with no BS plot armor in Dragon Force at this point might lose mid-diff at best.

Base Natsu one shotted an opponent close to Jura level i.e. Bluenote.And he proved to be a match of Ajeel in Base state.So i say Base Natsu>GOI.
After his many pitiful showings, Bluenote isn't close GMG Jura/Laxus level.

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Heavily restricted? Seriously? There is a difference between can not and did not. Natsu could use his stronger attacks but he didn't. That just shows that he underestimates the power level of a Spriggan. Natsu wasn't restricted at all.

Inside a building or outside a building, it just doesn't matter. Jacob will oneshot Natsu with Transport or assassinate him due to Stealth once they're in a solo fight.

Natsu could use his full power, but Jacob couldn't.
Natsu would have used his spells had he not been in the guild, therefore, the fight being in the guild heavily restricted him. Natsu underestimated no one, he knows how strong the Spriggan are, he simply did not want to wreck the guild with his wacked priorities.

Actually it does, Natsu can escape it. Its AoE is not that large and it takes time to activate. A prompt dodge or hitting Jacob before/during activation are valid counters. We do not even know if he actually can suck in someone of Natsus caliber, Brandish had magic cuffs on.

Just like the Spriggan Twelve, the Ten Wizard Saints are hyped to be the strongest of their continent. Just because Jura was high max diffed by Laxus doesn't mean it's easy to surpass the Gods of Ishgar.
Indeed its not, but when the top tier MC comes around and clearly shows far better feats then all the Saints and even Serena himself, you can't just peg him down due to saints outdated hype.

Bluenote is nothing compared to Jura.
This is simply not true. His feats rival Juras and even using powerscaling, Bluenote was able to give Gildarts a solid fight before going down, which is exactly what Makarov deemed Jura capable of. GMG Jura and Bluenote are damn near equals in every sense of the word, current Jura might be a little better, but not a lot better.

No Ishgar mage is stronger than God Serena lol. This is pretty much stated.
It has never been stated, unless you mean prior to the time skip, in which case sure. He's stronger then the far weaker versions of those characters. Or unless you mean by Ajeel, who thought he could solo all of Ishgar by himself. Not the most reliable source.

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
God Serena probably wins if he is indeed immune to all of Natsu's attacks. Saying he stomps Natsu is pretty laughable though :yodawg

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Thing is no one has provided a logical argument for why Serena wins beyond him being able to eat Natsus element. Which is a valid argument, but we have already seen that there are limits, its simply how high those limits are. I don't see Serena eating flames at the FDKM level (strong enough to evaporate huge bodies of water), I don't mind if others think otherwise.

Note: Him defeating Jura and the other saints ain't a valid argument, because nothing suggests Natsu cant do the same with a roar that can cover all of them and that is powerful enough to one-shot characters of Juras/Bluenotes durability (The other saints are all equal in the durability department, canon).

Rain Cloud

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thing is no one has provided a logical argument for why Serena wins beyond him being able to eat Natsus element. Which is a valid argument, but we have already seen that there are limits, its simply how high those limits are. I don't see Serena eating flames at the FDKM level (strong enough to evaporate huge bodies of water), I don't mind if others think otherwise.

Note: Him defeating Jura and the other saints ain't a valid argument, because nothing suggests Natsu cant do the same with a roar that can cover all of them and that is powerful enough to one-shot characters of Juras/Bluenotes durability (The other saints are all equal in the durability department, canon).
It's logic. Here me out?

So what makes it difficult to trust Hiro is when he hypes characters through dialogue (like Makarov saying "everyone" is on Gildart's level (in this case, Jura and Bluenote). I think what a better way to get an accurate description is to look at a person's actions.

Lamia Scale GM (Ooba Babasama) notes that no matter what Jura does he cannot surpass the four above him (the GOI). This isn't a matter of observation and speculation -- this is literally making the explcit claim that the GOI are at least one cut above Jura (and GMG Laxus by default).

Alright next, let's look at GMG Natsu. Yes, he was powerful enough to solo DF Sting and DF Rogue. Let's be super optomistic and say that by this point, Natsu is already on GMG Laxus/GMG Jura level, or heck, even a notch stronger because it won't matter, why?

Because in order to for Natsu mathematically have the same feat as God Serena, he would have to become more than 4 TIMES stronger than he was over just one year. And don't forget, G. Serena defeated the GOI without using his primary magic and without breaking a sweat. So Natsu would have to get many many times powerful in no time. Don't get me wrong -- Natsu's somehow gotten much more powerful in that one year. But to overcome the difference between GMG Jura and the strongest mage on Ishgar (who can likely eat all of your magic at that). It just isn't reasonable

Mirage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Does Natsu have Igneel Mode, because that's the only way he's winning.

Rain Cloud

Reaction score
Country
United States
Does Natsu have Igneel Mode, because that's the only way he's winning.
Character Limitations
3) Natsu does not have Igneel's leftover Magic Power. However, Fire Dragon King Mode used without Igneel's Power is allowed.

GokuSSJG

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
Bluenote is a bad comparison. Tenrou LFDM Natsu would beat him lol and probably Tenrou Laxus. Laxus and Jura were already on Gildarts level during GMG. they were the strongest wizards at GMG. God Serena took down 3 GoI and Jura off panel with no effort. he took their attacks with basically no injury and then mopped the floor with them.

God Serena can most likely eat fire cause he can use Fire Dragon Slaying Magic. the reason why he would win is because of his DS variety. Wind, Water, Earth (not gonna mentioned others because we don't know the other elements).

I say God Serena wins but it will not be an utter shitstomp.

The President

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Lamia Scale GM (Ooba Babasama) notes that no matter what Jura does he cannot surpass the four above him (the GOI). This isn't a matter of observation and speculation -- this is literally making the explcit claim that the GOI are at least one cut above Jura (and GMG Laxus by default).
A cut above him by what? They don't have to be above him in everything. Feats speak louder then words and the saints dropped at the same time as Jura from the same attacks, its not really up for debate. Warrod downright admits he can't even fight for his life, he is a support with large amounts of MP, likely downright weaker then Jura in actual combat (though the same durability/endurance). Wolfheim is likely superior to Jura in offence, but not by a whole lot since neither did anything to Serena. Hyberion is the only one who is likely well above the others in regards to offence, though he is still on the same level in durability and endurance, a glass canon if you will (vampires tend to be in fiction).

Alright next, let's look at GMG Natsu. Yes, he was powerful enough to solo DF Sting and DF Rogue. Let's be super optomistic and say that by this point, Natsu is already on GMG Laxus/GMG Jura level, or heck, even a notch stronger because it won't matter, why?

Because in order to for Natsu mathematically have the same feat as God Serena, he would have to become more than 4 TIMES stronger than he was over just one year. And don't forget, G. Serena defeated the GOI without using his primary magic and without breaking a sweat. So Natsu would have to get many many times powerful in no time. Don't get me wrong -- Natsu's somehow gotten much more powerful in that one year. But to overcome the difference between GMG Jura and the strongest mage on Ishgar (who can likely eat all of your magic at that). It just isn't reasonable
Your problem is that you are revolving your argument around probabilities, hiro does not have to be logical for his time skips, its his material and he could increase their PLs by as much as he wants when he wants. The popular term is power inflation, and it happens in every other manga in time skips (some authors, like kubo, go a step further and do power inflations in the same arc). Fact is that Natsu is clearly FAR stronger then GMG Laxus level. His basic roar alone dwarfs anything the latter has ever done (in GMG) and as if feat scaling is not enough he had Natsu one-shot Bluenote with said casual roar, whom for some reason you are assuming got weaker during the time skip, when nothing suggests it (in fact, I am being generous by not deeming him downright stronger since his feats are arguably even more impressive then they were on Tenrou).

Status
Not open for further replies.