Quarterfinal - God Serena vs Natsu Dragneel | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal God Serena vs Natsu Dragneel

Which Fighter Advances?

• God Serena

Votes: 34 47.9%
  • Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 37 52.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
You've got to be KIDDING me. So much speculation and assumption here. Power-up? dispelling wind/water is a possibliity but there's no confirmation that he can do that even if he can "melt the surrounding landscape". For all we know, the only reason he could burn Zeref's magic was due to Igneel's flames,not BASE FDKM.

Natsu needed help to defeat Jacob (JACOB). Whereas God Serena defeated FOUR people above GMG Jura level (I assume Jura's gotten a bit more powerful) WITHOUT breaking a sweat. Like seriously. At best, Natsu with no BS plot armor in Dragon Force at this point might lose mid-diff at best.

After his many pitiful showings, Bluenote isn't close GMG Jura/Laxus level.
Why is there no confirmation? We've seen him get rid of opponents wind magic and evaporate water before, so thats enough to say he could well make those sorts of attacks from God Serena moot. I'll remind you Natsu was holding back a lot before he and Jacob got outsidethe guild, where he finished Jacob off with one shot, and as for the GOI, there is nothing concrete to say they're actually stronger than GMG Jura; its just speculation. I really don't see how people say God Serena could win when Natsu has essentially one-shotted a Spriggan when he stopped holding back (A Spriggan > God of Ishgar any day of the week), it really does seem like he's being overrated a fair bit when Natsu makes three out of his four elements (that he's shown) moot (Can Dispell the hurricane one with FDKM heat, evaporate the Sea King attack, eat Serena's purgatory dragon attack) which leaves Serena with his Earth Dragon Slaying magic which really is the least impressive out of the attacks that we saw.

Now, while some might say Serena could have resistance to Natsu's fire, Serena hasn't shown he can mix his elements in his attacks which means if he wants to win he has to let go of having the resistance to use other attacks, which puts him in line to really take some damage from Natsu's attacks. Now that I think about it, what is there to actually say he takes on each element as a mode? He literally just uses spells of different elements and hasn't shown he can take on further properties of the dragon, so Serena could possibly not be able to get resistance to Natsu's fire at all. Serena isn't dedicated to one element, so there's got to be some disadvantage to having that many lacrima/different elements, and not being able to eat other elements or take on more properties from an element could well be the case with Serena. So again, it really is silly to say Serena 'stomps' Natsu etc. when Natsu has greater attack, defense and speed.

AstonishingSpiderMan

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Natsu isn't touching Serena at all in this fight, Serena can simply eat all of Natsu's attacks, basically its like Natsu vs Zancrow but this time Serena won't even take half as long to finish off Natsu..
The Gale Dragon Slaying Lacrima will be too much for Natsu, remember Natsu vs Erigor? He had to drain away Erigor's wind, but Serena's attacks are more lethal than Erigor's so Natsu's stunt wouldn't be as useful as back then..
And that's not even touching the rest of the Lacrima so this is horribly going to end for Natsu
Serena fanboyism at its finest. We have seen Natsu dispell wind, we have seen him evaporate water, and we know he can eat the fire of his opponents but nope apparently he will get rekt by the overrated and overhyped God Serena who did nothing of value but beat a bunch of old men in their 80's. What a great accomplishment right there. Unlike Serena, Natsu doesn't underestimate his opponents and he sure as hell isn't arrogant to think he's untouchable, we have also seen him adjust his combat as the battle continues but again clearly that doesn't matter because it's God Serena.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Serena fanboyism at its finest. We have seen Natsu dispell wind, we have seen him evaporate water, and we know he can eat the fire of his opponents but nope apparently he will get rekt by the overrated and overhyped God Serena who did nothing of value but beat a bunch of old men in their 80's. What a great accomplishment right there. Unlike Serena, Natsu doesn't underestimate his opponents and he sure as hell isn't arrogant to think he's untouchable, we have also seen him adjust his combat as the battle continues but again clearly that doesn't matter because it's God Serena.
Even if he eats his opponent's flames, you're forgetting Serena has 7 more Lacrima at his disposal, he can do anything he wants with his arsenal of his abilities...the water that Naruto evaporated was water in a sea, it wasn't even wielded by a mage so it doesn't have magic in it,
Erigor is a weaker wind mage than God Serena

AstonishingSpiderMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Even if he eats his opponent's flames, you're forgetting Serena has 7 more Lacrima at his disposal, he can do anything he wants with his arsenal of his abilities...the water that Naruto evaporated was water in a sea, it wasn't even wielded by a mage so it doesn't have magic in it,
Erigor is a weaker wind mage than God Serena
Natsu is Naruto now? Your entire comment is complete speculation on what Serena may or may not be able to do and completely ignoring what Natsu can do.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
God Serena should be able to stomp this with ease.
Eats all of his attacks, immune to fire DS magic from elemental advantage, and babyshakes Natsu
I don't see how God Serena would be immune to Natsu's attacks. He'd only be resistant at best if he could sustain a purgatory dragon mode, but seeing as he can't use each element as a mode, he does not have resistances to elements nor the ability to eat them from what we've seen. Rather, Serena can only change up his attacks, and not sustain modes that would possibly give him resistances, advantages etc. Therefore seeing as Natsu has the greater offensive power, Serena gets beaten by Natsu in FDKM and Dragon Force which would be even stronger just cleans him up.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Natsu is Naruto now? Your entire comment is complete speculation on what Serena may or may not be able to do and completely ignoring what Natsu can do.
I'm not ignoring what Natsu can do, on the contrary I'm even saying he can do what he wants but at the end of the day it all boils down to whoever has the greater magic and versatility with spells,God Serena has more magic and spells than Natsu, there's no way Natsu will be able to find a way around him with only Fire Dragon Slaying Magic and even FDKM..

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I'm not ignoring what Natsu can do, on the contrary I'm even saying he can do what he wants but at the end of the day it all boils down to whoever has the greater magic and versatility with spells,God Serena has more magic and spells than Natsu, there's no way Natsu will be able to find a way around him with only Fire Dragon Slaying Magic and even FDKM..
Considering Tournament Rule 5, we can only count what they have shown in the manga, and thus we can really only count the four elements Serena has shown thus far. Therefore, Serena's versatility is cut down a fair bit here seeing it was said he had eight lacrima but we don't know what the other four could do, hence its just speculation and has no real weight on how he'd go. That leaves Serena with Sea King Dragon, Hurricane Dragon, Purgatory Dragon and Cavern Dragon for his elements, and Natsu resists/can eat one of those with another two being rendered useless under the extreme heat given off by FDKM. That leaves Serena with Cavern Dragon Slayer Magic as his only effective magic to use against Natsu. Therefore, he really doesn't have much versatility, and as he can't enter modes with his elements, he has no resistances to Natsu's fire, meaning FDKM's heat would put him in Jacob's situation of extreme discomfort and even if he could move, he wouldn't be able to do much. Therefore, its only logical that Natsu would emerge the victor. Serena hasn't shown a lot in terms of durability, so he really is at a loss against FDKM Natsu.

Rain Cloud

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Considering Tournament Rule 5, we can only count what they have shown in the manga, and thus we can really only count the four elements Serena has shown thus far. Therefore, Serena's versatility is cut down a fair bit here seeing it was said he had eight lacrima but we don't know what the other four could do, hence its just speculation and has no real weight on how he'd go. That leaves Serena with Sea King Dragon, Hurricane Dragon, Purgatory Dragon and Cavern Dragon for his elements, and Natsu resists/can eat one of those with another two being rendered useless under the extreme heat given off by FDKM. That leaves Serena with Cavern Dragon Slayer Magic as his only effective magic to use against Natsu. Therefore, he really doesn't have much versatility, and as he can't enter modes with his elements, he has no resistances to Natsu's fire, meaning FDKM's heat would put him in Jacob's situation of extreme discomfort and even if he could move, he wouldn't be able to do much. Therefore, its only logical that Natsu would emerge the victor. Serena hasn't shown a lot in terms of durability, so he really is at a loss against FDKM Natsu.
How is it fair that Natsu can eat Serena's fire, but Serena can't eat Natsu's? When his eyes turned black, he immediately used his dragon slayer magic one after the other -- there's nothing to say Serena isn't in octohedral(?) DS mode. It's double standards if Natsu can eat flames that he's never encountered, but Serena can't. Just an excuse because Natsu has no other way of winning.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
It's definitely not immunity that Serena has, it's resistance.

I'm not sure whether or not God Serena needs to activate a specific lacrima to get the immunity. I've always assumed he has a passive resistance to all 8 elemental types.

I also haven't factored in DF. The physicality of the mode alone would defeat God Serena. But because it doesn't have feats yet with Natsu's current power level, I decided to leave that one out.

AstonishingSpiderMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Where in the Manga does it show Serena having more spells? Pretty sure it doesn't at all. Natsu evaporated Ajeels sand, destroyed Jacob and evaporated the water the spriggan who were all seen above Serena but you're saying with 0 reference from the Manga that he could be beat and Serena could do as he pleases.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
How is it fair that Natsu can eat Serena's fire, but Serena can't eat Natsu's? When his eyes turned black, he immediately used his dragon slayer magic one after the other -- there's nothing to say Serena isn't in octohedral(?) DS mode. It's double standards if Natsu can eat flames that he's never encountered, but Serena can't. Just an excuse because Natsu has no other way of winning.
We have seen Natsu eat God flames, and the flames of Atlas Flame as well as Bora in the manga, where have we seen Serena eat flames at all? Just because you believe he can eat the flames doesn't make it true.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Eyes changing doesn't necessarily mean anything, they've changed a few times for characters in the manga and nothing has really changed. If Serena was in an octohedral mode like you suggest, then he would've been using all eight elements at once, but he didn't. He only has what he's shown, and that was him alternating through elements, which doesn't really suggest a mode with all eight elements. To further this, there is nothing to say Serena can eat Dragon Flames. Natsu can because he's the Flame Dragon King's son and thus can, but Serena has purgatory dragon magic, so he might not be able to eat higher caliber fire like that.

Natsu has no chance of winning? I've already stated in previous posts that Natsu can clearly win using FDKM or Dragon Force and given reasons as to why. With Tournament Rule 5, we can't count the four elements Serena didn't show, and FDKM heat can dispell the Hurricane Dragon magic and evaporate the Sea King Dragon, thus Serena only has the Purgatory Dragon and Cavern Dragon magic to fall back on. Purgatory Dragon would only give him resistance to fire if he can sustain it as a mode, which he hasn't shown he can so it can't be counted. That means he only has Cavern Dragon attacks that would effect Natsu, and that alone is not going to beat him. FDKM would also cause Serena a lot of discomfort akin to what Jacob felt, leaving him vulnerable to an onslaught of FDKM attacks. With that in mind, Natsu would defeat Serena pretty cleanly.

Rain Cloud

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Where in the Manga does it show Serena having more spells? Pretty sure it doesn't at all. Natsu evaporated Ajeels sand, destroyed Jacob and evaporated the water the spriggan who were all seen above Serena but you're saying with 0 reference from the Manga that he could be beat and Serena could do as he pleases.

We have seen Natsu eat God flames, and the flames of Atlas Flame as well as Bora in the manga, where have we seen Serena eat flames at all? Just because you believe he can eat the flames doesn't make it true.
...What?! What is the probability of a dragon slayer being unable to digest elements of their own type?! WHEN has that ever been a thing??? I stand by what I say. Your MC Plot armor heavy Natsu won't win unless you put that "restriction" on God Serena. So, we can just agree to disagree.

Last edited:

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
...What?! What is the probability of a dragon slayer being unable to digest flames of their own time?! WHEN has that ever been a thing??? I stand by what I say. Your MC Plot armor heavy Natsu won't win unless you put that "restriction" on God Serena. So, we can just agree to disagree.
Well Serena is a purgatory dragon slayer, not a pure flame dragon slayer so there is no real way to know if he can eat the element. Sure, we've seen other Dragon Slayers eat their respective elements but Serena is a special case. He has eight lacrima, none of which he can sustain as a mode. Therefore its illogical to say he can eat elements without the ability to sustain an element as a mode. He hasn't shown he can eat elements he uses, therefore he can't.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
I don't get this logic of Serena being hurt by the heat from the FDKM..how on earth do people figure that out?He's a Fire Dragon Slayer...unless it's heat from God Slaying Magic there is absolutely no way Natsu's fire will affect him...Natsu was able to land on Atlas Flame without being burnt like Makarov and he was the closest to Igneel when he released that roar on Acnologia and he didnt feel the heat like all the other mages so Idk why people think Serena will be hurt by another Fire Dragon Slayer like him
Also saying Natsu dispelled Azir's sand so he can deal with Serena's Earth Dragon Slaying Magic...no...just no..
God Serena is stronger than Azir,so his Earth Slaying>Azir's sands...there's no way Natsu is doing anything to Serena's Earth Slaying Magic..
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Why is there no confirmation? We've seen him get rid of opponents wind magic and evaporate water before, so thats enough to say he could well make those sorts of attacks from God Serena moot. I'll remind you Natsu was holding back a lot before he and Jacob got outsidethe guild, where he finished Jacob off with one shot, and as for the GOI, there is nothing concrete to say they're actually stronger than GMG Jura; its just speculation. I really don't see how people say God Serena could win when Natsu has essentially one-shotted a Spriggan when he stopped holding back (A Spriggan > God of Ishgar any day of the week), it really does seem like he's being overrated a fair bit when Natsu makes three out of his four elements (that he's shown) moot (Can Dispell the hurricane one with FDKM heat, evaporate the Sea King attack, eat Serena's purgatory dragon attack) which leaves Serena with his Earth Dragon Slaying magic which really is the least impressive out of the attacks that we saw.

Now, while some might say Serena could have resistance to Natsu's fire, Serena hasn't shown he can mix his elements in his attacks which means if he wants to win he has to let go of having the resistance to use other attacks, which puts him in line to really take some damage from Natsu's attacks. Now that I think about it, what is there to actually say he takes on each element as a mode? He literally just uses spells of different elements and hasn't shown he can take on further properties of the dragon, so Serena could possibly not be able to get resistance to Natsu's fire at all. Serena isn't dedicated to one element, so there's got to be some disadvantage to having that many lacrima/different elements, and not being able to eat other elements or take on more properties from an element could well be the case with Serena. So again, it really is silly to say Serena 'stomps' Natsu etc. when Natsu has greater attack, defense and speed.
We've seen him dispel wind,I'm assuming you are talking about Erigor?What makes you think Erigor was that powerful a Wind Mage?If Natsu's stratagem for dispelling wind was that effective...then explain why he lost to Aria of the Element Four,another Wind User?

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Let's see how the battle will go if God Serena and Natsu clashed.

Also if he tries to use his Cavern attack I don't see why Natsu wouldn't simply:

Natsu will simply use his flames to fly up.

Natsu has already dealt with every element God Serena has shown and has overpowered each Element. So I bring up the Question what could God Serena do that would hurt Natsu? His water attack would evaporate in Natsu's presence, Natsu would eat his flame magic, he would use his flames to move among the crumbling earth and his flames would destroy Serena's wind.
Now to get rid of Serena's elemental advantage Natsu can use LFD like Gajeel used ISD against Rogue.Add to this DF and FDKM.We saw his spells in even in his Base state were stronger than Serena's any spells.Now just imagine how powerful those spells are in FDKM that finished a Spriggan with ease.

@Rain Cloud Bluenote is stronger than X784 Laxus and close to the level of X791 Jura.He casually destroyed a hill and just his clenching fists with Gildarts caused the same destruction and energy output as Mira's strongest spells in her Satan Soul.Before GMG Jura has no such feats.Bluenote survived an attack of 6 Megattone while Jura even in GMG got taken by a Spell lesser than that(probably 5.5 Megatonne if i remember correctly).Natsu Dragon Roar on Bluenote was 10 Megatonne and surely he can do thevsame to Jura as he did to Bluenote.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I don't get this logic of Serena being hurt by the heat from the FDKM..how on earth do people figure that out?He's a Fire Dragon Slayer...unless it's heat from God Slaying Magic there is absolutely no way Natsu's fire will affect him...Natsu was able to land on Atlas Flame without being burnt like Makarov and he was the closest to Igneel when he released that roar on Acnologia and he didnt feel the heat like all the other mages so Idk why people think Serena will be hurt by another Fire Dragon Slayer like him
Also saying Natsu dispelled Azir's sand so he can deal with Serena's Earth Dragon Slaying Magic...no...just no..
God Serena is stronger than Azir,so his Earth Slaying>Azir's sands...there's no way Natsu is doing anything to Serena's Earth Slaying Magic..
--- Double Post Merged, ---

We've seen him dispel wind,I'm assuming you are talking about Erigor?What makes you think Erigor was that powerful a Wind Mage?If Natsu's stratagem for dispelling wind was that effective...then explain why he lost to Aria of the Element Four,another Wind User?
You're assuming that God Serena can sustain his Purgatory Dragon element in a mode for resistance to fire, which he hasn't shown he can do and thus can't do, so he doesn't have a resistance to Natsu's fire as he hasn't shown it. Having eight lacrima which allows him to alternate what he uses to attack would theoretically have a disadvantage to being a slayer with one element, like how Natsu, Gajeel etc. had one element and because it was their only magic they could eat it and have resistances to other who use that element with some exceptions. Having eight lacrima means he's not dedicated to one element, and thus he won't be able to sustain himself by eating elements like a slayer with a single element.

Sure, Erigor looks like nothing now but you've got to think of what Natsu was like back then as well. Natsu back then is nothing compared to his current strength, but back then Natsu was able to dispel the wind magic, so being a much stronger mage now, even if the wind magic is also stronger he should be able to do the same thing.

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Honestly I think this is a toss up. I think people are jumping the gun on assuming that DF Natsu>FDKM Natsu. For all we know FDKM replaces DF, since we have not seen him use DF there is no reason to use that in the discussion imo. Who's to say that Jacobs durability would be the same as God Serena either? I mean the only thing we know about God Serena's durability is that he took some hits from the GOI, who we also don't have a good gauge of in terms of strength. Other than that he got oneshotted by the strongest character in the series. Natsu has knocked a Spriggan out, but it was no oneshot. Lucy and Natsu had hit Jacob multiple times before that, and honestly had Lucy not countered Jacobs Stealth magic who knows whether Natsu even gets to use FDKM at all. Also if this FDKM is the same as when he used it against Zeref, that is Hiro straight up contridicting himself, as Natsu said he could not use that mode much longer. So I will assume that FDKM and Igneel's power are 2 different things. The fact is we just did not see that much of God Serena, which makes it hard. However he does use 8 Dragon larcrimas, which is nothing to snuff at(though he only used 3 really). I don't know I will just go with versatility over brute force here, and say God Serena wins extremely high diff.

Last edited:

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
You're assuming that God Serena can sustain his Purgatory Dragon element in a mode for resistance to fire, which he hasn't shown he can do and thus can't do, so he doesn't have a resistance to Natsu's fire as he hasn't shown it. Having eight lacrima which allows him to alternate what he uses to attack would theoretically have a disadvantage to being a slayer with one element, like how Natsu, Gajeel etc. had one element and because it was their only magic they could eat it and have resistances to other who use that element with some exceptions. Having eight lacrima means he's not dedicated to one element, and thus he won't be able to sustain himself by eating elements like a slayer with a single element.

Sure, Erigor looks like nothing now but you've got to think of what Natsu was like back then as well. Natsu back then is nothing compared to his current strength, but back then Natsu was able to dispel the wind magic, so being a much stronger mage now, even if the wind magic is also stronger he should be able to do the same thing.
You still aren't addressing why he lost to Aria,another Wind Mage..if Natsu is all THAT powerful against Wind Magic...
Huh?What do you mean sustain a mode for resistance?Dragon Slayers are naturally resistant against their elements...I don't know where you are getting all these things with resistance and what not..but sure,let's try it out with another Element..
Jura is an Earth Wizard...he used an Earth Spell on God Serena and the spell did moot to him...because God Serena has Earth Dragon Slaying Magic already..
See my drift?Fire is useless on Serena...and more so if its coming from an inferior Dragon Slayer than him...he has artificial DS and we've already established Second Generation Dragon Slayers are stronger than First Generation

AstonishingSpiderMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
we've already established Second Generation Dragon Slayers are stronger than First Generation
Where was this established?

Laxus is weaker than Natsu, Cobra is weaker than Natsu. Both also lost to Natsu so where is it established 2nd Gen better than 1st Gen?

Status
Not open for further replies.