Round of 16 - God Serena vs Sherria Blendy | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 God Serena vs Sherria Blendy

Which Fighter Advances?

• God Serena

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Sherria Blendy

Votes: 9 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Voting Rules:

• This Battle is a 1 vs 1.
  • During Bo16, you'll be able to vote up to 24 hours after discussion ends.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.

God SerenaSherria Blendy (Third Origin)

Discussion will end on: May 29th, 2016
Voting will end on: May 30th, 2016

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Even if Sherria is able to own wind-based DS magic and self-heal, Serena still has another DS magic in his arsenal and can overpower her with no doubt. I am going with God Serena

Ice devil slayer

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Serena low diff..no need to explain why..

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
TO Chelia takes this high diff. Her ability to heal will bring her in an advantage against someone as God Serena. Not to mention her spells are already as powerful as God Serena's spells.

Marche

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Sherria.
Good Serena is overrated.

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Shelia used Wind magic and Serena simply consumed it with Gale Dragon.
And so kids, Serena stomped his way to the bank.

God Serena, very low difficulty.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chelia wins high-max diff.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Shelia used Wind magic and Serena simply consumed it with Gale Dragon.
Are you sure not the opposite way? A dragon slayer can't eat any god slaying magic, while a god slayer can eat any dragon slaying magic. Let's not forget Natsu v Zancrow back in Sirius Island arc. Natsu can't eat Zancrow's fire, but Zancrow can eat Natsu's fire.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can someone explain how sherria can beat god serena...seriously...

Well, first we are talking about 3rd Origin Chelia. This is incredible in itself as she is at her maximum future state.

She was already a monster in Lamia Scale before TO. Remember, Second Origin was 7 years worth of training experience and put Team Natsu on par with everybody at GMG. This is TO we are talking about.

Now, on to the real deal. We know that Chelia is a God Slayer, but even if she sustains damage in the battle against God Serena, Chelia can just merely heal her injuries instantly.

She can self heal and regain magical energy quicker than anybody else in this tournament.

Running out of energy? Not a problem.

Since she is a Sky God Slayer, she can literally eat the air to regain more magical power. And we know that there is plenty of air for her to eat.

If she spams her Secret Arts in Third Origin Form, constantly heal herself, and constantly eat the air around her.... she should have no problem taking this high-max diff.

Plus, G. Serena has the brain the size of a goldfish.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Can someone explain how sherria can beat god serena...seriously...
I can.

Chelia's heal ability will make this fight very tough for God Serena. We saw Chelia's condition after she was hit by Wendy's Secret Art Spell, which isn't very far below God Serena's spells in AoE.

Now I know God Serena could spam his attacks like he did against the Gods of Ishgar which will decrease her time to heal. But since we're talking about Third Origin Chelia, it's pretty obvious her ability to heal has increased as well since that's part of her magic.

Then we've her speed, which is far better than God Serena's. Chelia could dodge most of his spells with ease.

And when it comes to attack power, Chelia is more or less equal with God Serena. Their spells are pretty much equal in AoE.

Even though God Serena is a powerful opponent without a doubt, I'd say TO Chelia is slightly above him when it comes to feats.

Last edited:

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Goi are an overrated bunch, and Serena is also overrated as he's labelled as some super-tier fighter just because he defeated an overrated bunch.

This match though, I think Serena definitely has it. He is still a combatant with 8 different deadly methods and a lot more combos. Sherria defeated a foe whose main gimmick was rendered useless.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
I'd put my bet on God Serena, high diff.
I think TO is overrated. This is an incredible power-up (thus high diff), but i can't really imagine Sherria being able to constantly heal herself. Theoretically that's the case but come on, at some point there has to be a limit. Otherwise she would just win the tournament straight up, healing every bit of damage dealt and spamming her spells while absorbing air. I definitely don't think that's limitless, as it would put Sherria just way above everyone else if that was the case..
Also TO is supposed to be a one-time-only thing, since after that Sherria would run out of Ethernano forever. In that case, if the battle takes too long she'll end up consuming all of it and lose her magic.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd put my bet on God Serena, high diff.
I think TO is overrated. This is an incredible power-up (thus high diff), but i can't really imagine Sherria being able to constantly heal herself. Theoretically that's the case but come on, at some point there has to be a limit. Otherwise she would just win the tournament straight up, healing every bit of damage dealt and spamming her spells while absorbing air. I definitely don't think that's limitless, as it would put Sherria just way above everyone else if that was the case..
Also TO is supposed to be a one-time-only thing, since after that Sherria would run out of Ethernano forever. In that case, if the battle takes too long she'll end up consuming all of it and lose her magic.

But that would be assuming a bit too much. Sure, it seems unrealistic that Chelia can just keep healing herself, but what can we do?

She has shown that she is able to do so and therefore we just have to accept that she can do that.

The only limit to her not being able to keep on healing herself are:

1.) She gets one-shotted (like Acnologia does to people)

2.) Her opponent can outlast her stamina wise or the air becomes too thin that she can't eat anymore

Now, it's not that hard to bypass one of the two limits above; therefore, I think it isn't too far of a stretch to accept it.

And I don't think TO is overrated at all. Chelia has lost her magic because of TO, that's a big price. I think it is all fair game.

If Chelia can never use magic again, then I think TO is justified for a one time only use in this tournament.

And it's not like this came as a surprise. Chelia has had TO this whole tournament.

Holt

#1 Ranker
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Giving this to Serena with mid diff. Serena wiped out the GOI who are beasts themselves. Sure they might not be the most powerful bunch, but they're still up there. Serena stomps them instantly in base and they're all shocked at the extent of his ability. Then they get their act together and realize they have to team up. They do a pretty slick combo attack and manage to subdue Serena temporarily. Then he gets serious, shrugs off everything they just did and proceeds to stomp them again without even going through the extent of his DS Magic. And this is considering he only used a spell for each.
Consider Sherria. Her self heal and 3rd origin helpers her little against Dimaria. It was ultimately GS magic that did the work and Wendy still pitched in. Fact is, Sherria was still weaker than Dimaria because slayer advantage barely have her the win. Serena has shown more feats in terms of attacks and durability. Tanking a combo hit from some of ishgar finest is no mean feat. Serena is indeed overrated most times, but for this battle, he takes Sherria. And it wouldn't really be that close.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
But that would be assuming a bit too much. Sure, it seems unrealistic that Chelia can just keep healing herself, but what can we do?

She has shown that she is able to do so and therefore we just have to accept that she can do that.

The only limit to her not being able to keep on healing herself are:

1.) She gets one-shotted (like Acnologia does to people)

2.) Her opponent can outlast her stamina wise or the air becomes too thin that she can't eat anymore

Now, it's not that hard to bypass one of the two limits above; therefore, I think it isn't too far of a stretch to accept it.

And I don't think TO is overrated at all. Chelia has lost her magic because of TO, that's a big price. I think it is all fair game.

If Chelia can never use magic again, then I think TO is justified for a one time only use in this tournament.

And it's not like this came as a surprise. Chelia has had TO this whole tournament.
I see your point, but still i think i have a problem with Sherria's TO.
I said it was overrated, that was probably a bad choice of word. What i meant is, if Sherria is able to heal herself constantly without any limit, then who can realistically defeat her? Someone has to one shot her to win, who can?
Looking at God Serena: in my opinion he should have what it takes to one shot even TO Sherria. The combos he has shown against GOI (when he went berserk mode) was extremely powerful, to the point where August had to stop him. While saying "i got over zealous", God Serena wasn't exhausted at all and could have probbly continued the stomping way further. If this ammount of power can't one shot TO Sherria, who else can?
Thats what i mean and what i think about TO. If God Serena can't one shot and thus, Sherria can heal herself constantly and win just like that, then TO is probably overpowered and shouldn't really be acceptable in this tournament.
Especially since TO is a one timeonly thing, yet Sherria has it for the entirety of the tournament. IF TO is as overpowered as i describeeed above, it should have limitations in this context of tournament at least. Otherwise, we should consider it with balance and think "maybe she can't REALLY heal herself to such an extent", therefore dropping its value to overrated... I dont know if i'm clear.

But anyway, no such limitations have been decided about TO, so i guess i should accept it as is.

Still though, i can't see God Serena losing - eventhough it would be a hard battle

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are you sure not the opposite way? A dragon slayer can't eat any god slaying magic, while a god slayer can eat any dragon slaying magic. Let's not forget Natsu v Zancrow back in Sirius Island arc. Natsu can't eat Zancrow's fire, but Zancrow can eat Natsu's fire.
It's wind....... that's the difference, sure I think her attacks would hit him, that was wrong on my part, but the fact that Serena can swallow air, power himself up and just hit her with different attacks. His versatility easily gives him this.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I can.

Chelia's heal ability will make this fight very tough for God Serena. We saw Chelia's condition after she was hit by Wendy's Secret Art Spell, which isn't very far below God Serena's spells in AoE.

Now I know God Serena could spam his attacks like he did against the Gods of Ishgar which will decrease her time to heal. But since we're talking about Third Origin Chelia, it's pretty obvious her ability to heal has increased as well since that's part of her magic.

Then we've her speed, which is far better than God Serena's. Chelia could dodge most of his spells with ease.

And when it comes to attack power, Chelia is more or less equal with God Serena. Their spells are pretty much equal in AoE.

Even though God Serena is a powerful opponent without a doubt, I'd say TO Chelia is slightly above him when it comes to feats.
How the hell does aoe equal to more power? There is something called attack potency, Sting's Holy Breath has huge aoe and DC but that doesn't change the fact that Roaring Thunder >>>>>>>>>> Holy Breath

Rain Cloud

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Gosh, how is this a contest. Sherria Third Origin was exhausted and beat up facing Dimaria in just her God Soul with type advantage. There's no way she could beat God Serena. Doesn't matter if she can heal if she's knocked before then. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.