Discussion - Gray Fullbuster Thread | Page 16 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Gray Fullbuster Thread

Ratrace

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, but those are Dogra's orbs, I'm talking about Aldo's orbs
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Okay
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I hope Mahsima makes Gray's fights better, it's fine to use Juvia in a battle but in all of them it becomes somewhat annoying
There’s no need to put her in all his fights, off topic but I feel Hiro either doesn’t care about Gray as much or doesn’t know what to do with him

Jintohaku

Reaction score
Country
United States
Again, it's not about contribution, it's about focus. Gray's focus in this sequel is Juvia, not the mission, the cool, mature, cold, calm character that he was in the original story, he became that annoying friend who only thinks about his girlfriend every 5 minutes, "oh i miss juvia", "I would like to see her", "I would like to be with her", as a reader, it is upsetting to see how much Gray has been reduced. Maybe in the beginning, Juvia served as an excuse for a powerup (hakune), but at this point it's already tedious and annoying that Gray depends on Juvia in every battle he has.

Gildarts was in charge of the mission and he was the one who told Natsu about it. Gildarts did not mention this to Erza, Gray or the other members of Natsu's team. Natsu could have gone on the mission alone if he wanted to. When the series ended, Natsu had already accepted the mission when he went to tell Lucy at that troll moment that we all believed that he was going to declare his feelings for her

And that about, that he had not had a chance, is a bit relative. So far, the one who has defeated the Dragon gods has been Natsu, not Gray, not Erza, not Wendy. Only with Dogra he got a lot of help

Diabolos is not the main villain, but they are the main rival in the sequel. Fighting against them was important, remember that FT should not allow Diabolos to take over a dragon god, because it was something "dangerous"/"bad(?)" according to elfseria.

Why do you only mention the Aldoron arc? It is an arc that has many things, the whole guild was involved, it was necessary to contain the FT members who were bewitched, fight against Diabolos and at the same time destroy the orbs and seeds, which not all the members could do at the same time. Maybe Gray helped defeat Metro (with help from Juvia and Lucy) but he didn't help much with the orbs, defeat Diabolos or contain the FT guys (unless you think what he did with Mirajane was great)

END seems like the secret card that Mashima has if he decides to do a 1 vs 1 against Ignia. But I don't see Gray helping much, Lucy (just like it happened in the main series), she will be the main focus for END, either turning his power on or turning it off, just like we saw with Merc/Dimaria

Although if Mashima decides to do a training arc and finally gives importance to Gray's power, it wouldn't be bad for the series, but it doesn't seem to be the case for now.
And how does this "focus" affect the plot in any way? If he's still contributing to the mission (and more than others) then how is it a problem that he'd need to leave for? Also Gray's only had 1 fight since Hakune and he didn't "depend on Juvia" for it. His enemy literally switched them and Gray still dealt the finishing blow in his own body.

No, Everyone knew about the mission. Makarov was the one that cleared them to go on the quest. Gildarts is just another member of the guild while makarov is the master and permission comes from him. Also like I said before, if Natsu had gone alone he wouldn't have stood any chance in completing the quest.

"Only with Dogra he got a lot of help" lol. Have you been reading the same series? Everyone in FT plus Jellal had to help with nerfing Aldoron for Natsu to even stand a chance in that battle. Even with Mercphobia he had to rely on a powerup from Ignia and even with that Gray and Erza had to knock Mercphobia off balance to setup Natsu's final attack. Natsu couldn't taken out a single DG alone.

Same could be said for Gold Owl. Them getting the power of a dragon god would be bad and Gray prevented Sai from taking the Lacrima.

Even if you look at containing FT members, Gray did more of that than Erza as well. Erza only took out Laxus, and binded Jellal. While Gray took out the Raijinshuu and the remaining Strauss siblings. Also the orbs were meant to be protected not destroyed. Literally everyone failed in that task so I don't see how that's a big contribution for others. The most important thing in taking down Aldoron was the defeat of the god seeds.

Even in the main series, Gray was involved with eliminating the demon corruption from Lucy after she rewrote the book. A similar thing could happen in the sequel where if Natsu loses control, Gray could be the one to erase the demon portions from him.

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
And how does this "focus" affect the plot in any way? If he's still contributing to the mission (and more than others) then how is it a problem that he'd need to leave for? Also Gray's only had 1 fight since Hakune and he didn't "depend on Juvia" for it. His enemy literally switched them and Gray still dealt the finishing blow in his own body.

No, Everyone knew about the mission. Makarov was the one that cleared them to go on the quest. Gildarts is just another member of the guild while makarov is the master and permission comes from him. Also like I said before, if Natsu had gone alone he wouldn't have stood any chance in completing the quest.

"Only with Dogra he got a lot of help" lol. Have you been reading the same series? Everyone in FT plus Jellal had to help with nerfing Aldoron for Natsu to even stand a chance in that battle. Even with Mercphobia he had to rely on a powerup from Ignia and even with that Gray and Erza had to knock Mercphobia off balance to setup Natsu's final attack. Natsu couldn't taken out a single DG alone.

Same could be said for Gold Owl. Them getting the power of a dragon god would be bad and Gray prevented Sai from taking the Lacrima.

Even if you look at containing FT members, Gray did more of that than Erza as well. Erza only took out Laxus, and binded Jellal. While Gray took out the Raijinshuu and the remaining Strauss siblings. Also the orbs were meant to be protected not destroyed. Literally everyone failed in that task so I don't see how that's a big contribution for others. The most important thing in taking down Aldoron was the defeat of the god seeds.

Even in the main series, Gray was involved with eliminating the demon corruption from Lucy after she rewrote the book. A similar thing could happen in the sequel where if Natsu loses control, Gray could be the one to erase the demon portions from him.
So far a lot of his fights involve Juvia because Hiro has him fight those types of enemies

Jintohaku

Reaction score
Country
United States
So far a lot of his fights involve Juvia because Hiro has him fight those types of enemies
Only the last 3 but I get what you're saying. Seems to be a trend similar to how he mostly fights ice users, or people resistant to ice

Aniokku

Reaction score
Country
Colombia

If one of the main characters in a story has a different focus than the main plot, it could distract the reader or viewer's attention and make the mission feel confusing or disorganized. It could also make the plot feel less important or the story lose its cohesion and purpose. In short, it could be a problem of lack of coherence in the plot and character development.

No one knew about the mission, it was a secret, we have been told this several times in history, even in the first chapter Gildarts told Natsu that he had to accept the mission first, so he could tell him what he knew about the mission. maybe it wouldn't be so easy but at least I think the defeats of Aldo and Merc would have happened in the same way if Natsu had gone alone. So yes, I think Natsu would have a chance to complete the mission, it wouldn't be easy but he would still have it.

Nothing they did in Aldo's arc really helped, defeating the seeds only made the main body stronger, this was said by Aldo himself. With Merc, it doesn't really matter if Erza or Gray helped, at the end of the arc it was shown that if Natsu was unleashed from the beginning the result would have been the same.

No, Gold Owl was recently introduced, while Diabolos has been around since the beginning of the series till date, also we still don't know the real motive of the alchemist guild, it seems they are just looking for something with immense power (FT or a dragon god ), it is something different with Diabolos, they from the beginning have wanted a dragon god yes or yes

Defeating Laxus was somewhat more complicated than attacking a lady from behind (even Juvia herself was disappointed about how he acted with mirajane)

I don't know if serving as an air conditioner is very useful and worth mentioning as Gray's achievement, but if you want to do it, do it, for now I don't see the need for Gray with END, we already saw that a hug from Lucy is enough to contain END. There are no demonic parts/portions, Natsu is a demon in his entirety.
Although I reiterate, if they give us something, where Gray's magic is really useful against END that would be great, but I don't think it will happen

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
Only the last 3 but I get what you're saying. Seems to be a trend similar to how he mostly fights ice users, or people resistant to ice
He really fought one ice user in the series so far not including the original, I could be wrong but I think he only has five one screen fights so far, and three that involved Juvia either involved the other guild members, enemy that mess with his head and one that can switch his body/soul with someone or something else

Last edited:

Jintohaku

Reaction score
Country
United States
If one of the main characters in a story has a different focus than the main plot, it could distract the reader or viewer's attention and make the mission feel confusing or disorganized. It could also make the plot feel less important or the story lose its cohesion and purpose. In short, it could be a problem of lack of coherence in the plot and character development.

No one knew about the mission, it was a secret, we have been told this several times in history, even in the first chapter Gildarts told Natsu that he had to accept the mission first, so he could tell him what he knew about the mission. maybe it wouldn't be so easy but at least I think the defeats of Aldo and Merc would have happened in the same way if Natsu had gone alone. So yes, I think Natsu would have a chance to complete the mission, it wouldn't be easy but he would still have it.

Nothing they did in Aldo's arc really helped, defeating the seeds only made the main body stronger, this was said by Aldo himself. With Merc, it doesn't really matter if Erza or Gray helped, at the end of the arc it was shown that if Natsu was unleashed from the beginning the result would have been the same.

No, Gold Owl was recently introduced, while Diabolos has been around since the beginning of the series till date, also we still don't know the real motive of the alchemist guild, it seems they are just looking for something with immense power (FT or a dragon god ), it is something different with Diabolos, they from the beginning have wanted a dragon god yes or yes

Defeating Laxus was somewhat more complicated than attacking a lady from behind (even Juvia herself was disappointed about how he acted with mirajane)

I don't know if serving as an air conditioner is very useful and worth mentioning as Gray's achievement, but if you want to do it, do it, for now I don't see the need for Gray with END, we already saw that a hug from Lucy is enough to contain END. There are no demonic parts/portions, Natsu is a demon in his entirety.
Although I reiterate, if they give us something, where Gray's magic is really useful against END that would be great, but I don't think it will happen
Ah yes, Gray's feelings for Juvia is what makes the mission feel disorganized. Not the random interventions from diabolos. Or the field trip to elentear that didn't even have the main crew fight a DG. Or the flip flopping of Selene's personality. Or the forced injection of people not even on the quest....... ridiculous. There's a ton of reasons why the story isn't cohesive and Gray's feelings for Juvia doesn't even make the top 20.

I don't see you point. Gildarts wasn't the one that told Natsu the details of the mission. Everyone knew the mission existed just not the details. Elefseria was the one that explained that to the team. Where does Gildarts come in at all. He's not the one responsible for the mission. And Gildarts didn't tell Natsu anything about the mission. Natsu hasn't seen Gildarts since they left lol. Also you're absolutely delusional if you think Natsu could have beat Aldoron without help. Not even gonna entertain that idea.

Nothing they did in Aldo's arc really helped, defeating the seeds only made the main body stronger Are we reading the same series? Where on earth did you get the idea that the defeat of the God Seeds made Aldoron stronger?
You read this and thought Aldoron got stronger?

When they were introduced is pretty irrelevant. The fact that they are a guild after dragon god power is the same which was the point you brought up for diabolos' importance.

Taking out 1 guy is supposed to be a bigger contribution than taking out 5 and beating a god seed? And where did you get the "attacking from behind" nonsense. They had a fight offscreen evident by the marks on Gray's body. He didn't just sneak up and knock them out.

Now you're being deliberately obtuse. I get it you don't like the character but at least come up with good arguments. Gray's devils slaying magic is capable of completely erasing demon factors. That's why Lucy currently isn't corrupted by the script from the book of END. It's not an air conditioner.

There are no demonic parts/portions, Natsu is a demon in his entirety. I disagree. His body was originally human and was modified so he could be revived. However the demon power remains dormant which wouldn't be the case if his entire being was demonic. There's also the case of his dragon powers that was transforming his body. He's not really "fully" anything and that's been alluded to twice in 100 yq

He really fought one ice user in the series so far not including the original, I could be wrong but I think he only has five one screen fights so far, and three that involved Juvia either involved the other guild members, enemy that mess with his head and one that can switch his body/soul with someone or something else
So like I said the last three. I was including the orignal series when I talked about the trend. Technically you can throw skullion and the monster cats in elentear into the category of resistant to ice. And the raijinshuu disabled his Ice altogether.

Aniokku

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Ah yes, Gray's feelings for Juvia is what makes the mission feel disorganized. Not the random interventions from diabolos. Or the field trip to elentear that didn't even have the main crew fight a DG. Or the flip flopping of Selene's personality. Or the forced injection of people not even on the quest....... ridiculous. There's a ton of reasons why the story isn't cohesive and Gray's feelings for Juvia doesn't even make the top 20.

I don't see you point. Gildarts wasn't the one that told Natsu the details of the mission. Everyone knew the mission existed just not the details. Elefseria was the one that explained that to the team. Where does Gildarts come in at all. He's not the one responsible for the mission. And Gildarts didn't tell Natsu anything about the mission. Natsu hasn't seen Gildarts since they left lol. Also you're absolutely delusional if you think Natsu could have beat Aldoron without help. Not even gonna entertain that idea.

Nothing they did in Aldo's arc really helped, defeating the seeds only made the main body stronger Are we reading the same series? Where on earth did you get the idea that the defeat of the God Seeds made Aldoron stronger?
You read this and thought Aldoron got stronger?

When they were introduced is pretty irrelevant. The fact that they are a guild after dragon god power is the same which was the point you brought up for diabolos' importance.

Taking out 1 guy is supposed to be a bigger contribution than taking out 5 and beating a god seed? And where did you get the "attacking from behind" nonsense. They had a fight offscreen evident by the marks on Gray's body. He didn't just sneak up and knock them out.

Now you're being deliberately obtuse. I get it you don't like the character but at least come up with good arguments. Gray's devils slaying magic is capable of completely erasing demon factors. That's why Lucy currently isn't corrupted by the script from the book of END. It's not an air conditioner.

There are no demonic parts/portions, Natsu is a demon in his entirety. I disagree. His body was originally human and was modified so he could be revived. However the demon power remains dormant which wouldn't be the case if his entire being was demonic. There's also the case of his dragon powers that was transforming his body. He's not really "fully" anything and that's been alluded to twice in 100 yq

So like I said the last three. I was including the orignal series when I talked about the trend. Technically you can throw skullion and the monster cats in elentear into the category of resistant to ice. And the raijinshuu disabled his Ice altogether.
Madre mia hijo, Diabolos has been the best thing about this sequel, and it's simple, a rivalry can increase the tension and conflict in a plot, which can make the story more exciting and interesting for the reader or viewer. It can also provide a stronger motivation for the characters involved and add an extra layer of complexity to the story.
So why does Mashima make abrupt changes with Selene and Elentir mean I have to be permissive with Juvia's moments? I've never said that Elentir is great or Selene, or that they don't have consistency issues, but this is a discussion of Gray, not elentir or selene.

Gildarts, was the one who told Natsu about the existence of the mission and that he should take it, from Tenrou, when Gildarts arrives and shows Natsu the results of fighting with the black dragon, from there, Gildarts begins to tell Natsu some small details.

I don't know, if you remember but Natsu defeated Aldo alone, he went through him with one blow

Lo que hay que leer hoy en día, Literally the Aldo seed, he said the seeds and orbs were to suppress Aldo's power. Defeating the seeds and orbs was equal to unleashing all of Aldo's power, in the end, Natsu only needed one hit to defeat the aldo seed, and the main body with much of his released power. Until here, Natsu solos

Yes, I reiterate to beat Laxus >>>>> beat metro, It doesn't matter that it was an offstage fight, the important thing was that Gray did it like a coward, there is no merit in that

It's inactive because the book was "never" opened, but the fact that we've already seen 2 transformations of Natsu, when the book was destroyed, means that Natsu is END in general, so he can "transform". The END/Natsu question is the same as the Theseus paradox. For me, Natsu, Zeref's brother, died a long time ago, our Natsu, is END, a demon created from the remains of the original Natsu, but it is END

Jintohaku

Reaction score
Country
United States
Madre mia hijo, Diabolos has been the best thing about this sequel, and it's simple, a rivalry can increase the tension and conflict in a plot, which can make the story more exciting and interesting for the reader or viewer. It can also provide a stronger motivation for the characters involved and add an extra layer of complexity to the story.
So why does Mashima make abrupt changes with Selene and Elentir mean I have to be permissive with Juvia's moments? I've never said that Elentir is great or Selene, or that they don't have consistency issues, but this is a discussion of Gray, not elentir or selene.

Gildarts, was the one who told Natsu about the existence of the mission and that he should take it, from Tenrou, when Gildarts arrives and shows Natsu the results of fighting with the black dragon, from there, Gildarts begins to tell Natsu some small details.

I don't know, if you remember but Natsu defeated Aldo alone, he went through him with one blow

Lo que hay que leer hoy en día, Literally the Aldo seed, he said the seeds and orbs were to suppress Aldo's power. Defeating the seeds and orbs was equal to unleashing all of Aldo's power, in the end, Natsu only needed one hit to defeat the aldo seed, and the main body with much of his released power. Until here, Natsu solos

Yes, I reiterate to beat Laxus >>>>> beat metro, It doesn't matter that it was an offstage fight, the important thing was that Gray did it like a coward, there is no merit in that

It's inactive because the book was "never" opened, but the fact that we've already seen 2 transformations of Natsu, when the book was destroyed, means that Natsu is END in general, so he can "transform". The END/Natsu question is the same as the Theseus paradox. For me, Natsu, Zeref's brother, died a long time ago, our Natsu, is END, a demon created from the remains of the original Natsu, but it is END
Diabolos being the best thing about the sequel is a pretty funny opinion considering how random they've been. Georg sent Skullion and friends to fight dragon gods when the gap between even him and them is so vast. Hard to take clowns seriously and to me there have been many elements better than Diabolos. Gold owl being an alchemist guild is already more interesting because it expands the power system.

Those things were to highlight the real glaring issues. Gray's love for Juvia is as much of a non issue to the overall plot as Erza's inability to write correctly.

This is the first mention of the 100 years quest and it was Mira explaining it to Lucy. Everyone in the guild and most mages know about the existence of the 100 years quest. They just don't know what the objective is. And Gildarts never explained to Natsu the details of the quest nor did he give the quest to Natsu.

Is there a problem with your reading comprehension? How does Natsu saying"You've got less magic" equate to Aldoron gaining more magic to you? The god seeds and the orbs were meant to help CONTROL the magic power. as they were defeated Aldoron lost control of the power and thus had less. It literally says this right there in the pages I posted. How you can get this so backwards is beyond me. Aldoron was nerfed to the ground and that's why Natsu could stand a chance against him.

No beating Laxus played no part in the defeat of Aldoron. And Gray took out 5 of the possessed FT members while Erza only took out one.

The opening of the book has nothing to do with it I think. If Zeref could have awakened END by just opening the book, he would have done it a long time ago. The book just served as a link between Natsu and Zeref. That link has been broken but I'm not sure how that's affected his nature. From what we know, the current Natsu isn't a different being than the one that died in the dragon attack. All Zeref did was use his experiments to revive Natsu. That's why in Natsu's subconscious he still has memories from before the dragon attack. And he also has parts of him that are of a dragon as an inherent trait of DS magic. Probably even more than the other slayers since the demon seed seemed to have reactivated and progressed the dragon seed a bit as well.

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
No beating Laxus played no part in the defeat of Aldoron. And Gray took out 5 of the possessed FT members while Erza only took out one.
beating laxus trumps everything gray has done from alvarez arc till date. only you see gray getting good treatment. like only you

Jintohaku

Reaction score
Country
United States
beating laxus trumps everything gray has done from alvarez arc till date. only you see gray getting good treatment. like only you
If you don't understand the topic just say so. Laxus' defeat had nothing to do with the fall of Aldoron and Gray subdued more whited out FT members so by any metrics of contribution to the overall goals of the arc, Gray was higher. You like to fanboy over "feats" and power levels I get it. But it's not relevant to what's being discussed.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
If you don't understand the topic just say so. Laxus' defeat had nothing to do with the fall of Aldoron and Gray subdued more whited out FT members so by any metrics of "contribution" to the overall goals of the arc, Gray was higher. You like to fanboy over "feats" and power levels I get it. But it's not relevant to what's being discussed.
still does not change the fact that gray is irrelevant. You also like to feed off from natsu's feat as a gray fanboy. Like how you keep believing anything natsu does gray can do.

Jintohaku

Reaction score
Country
United States
still does not change the fact that gray is irrelevant. You also like to feed off from natsu's feat as a gray fanboy. Like how you keep believing anything natsu does gray can do.
Ah yes he's irrelevant when he's part of the main crew and took down one of the pillars of Aldoron's strength which is the only reason Natsu could stand a fighting chance. Like how you keep believing anything natsu does gray can do. Because I don't live in a fantasy land where I think I know more about the story than the guy that writes it.

Also not everything one can do the other can. But they are as strong as each other

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Ah yes he's irrelevant when he's part of the main crew and took down one of the pillars of Aldoron's strength which is the only reason Natsu could stand a fighting chance. Like how you keep believing anything natsu does gray can do. Because I don't live in a fantasy land where I think I know more about the story than the guy that writes it.

Also not everything one can do the other can. But they are as strong as each other

Lol Erza double ko with laxus trumps anything gray has done from Alvarez till now

Jintohaku

Reaction score
Country
United States

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Sure.

Your age is showing
Can't debunk the scans I dropped? Only you refuse to believe gray is getting screwed over. It was so bad that someone on Reddit said Mira Erza alliance>>gray fight. Why would a fan ask mashima if gray seems weak if he's not getting screwed over? Every fight gray has won has involved gruvia. He's fat L haven't involved gruvia

Jintohaku

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sure.

Can't debunk the scans I dropped? Only you refuse to believe gray is getting screwed over. It was so bad that someone on Reddit said Mira Erza alliance>>gray fight. Why would a fan ask mashima if gray seems weak if he's not getting screwed over? Every fight gray has won has involved gruvia. He's fat L haven't involved gruvia
What is there to debunk? You posted 2 scans that were irrelevant to the topic. I can post 2 scans of Erza getting beat or struggling with an opponent and it adds nothing to the topic. I've agreed that Gray's treatment hasn't been the best. You can look back at some of the chapter threads or even the thread I posted coping about Gray and Gajeel's potential role in the labyrinth arc before gold owl showed up. But my opinion on how a character is handled and the canon position they are in is completely different. Fact of the matter is that statements like "Gray is useless and irrelevant to the mission" or "Gray's distracted with Juvia and isn't focused on the mission" are objectively wrong given that he has been contributing to the mission and sometimes more than other members of the team. You can feel whatever way you want about his treatment and I have my own opinions about that, but let's not flat out deny canon events just because we don't like some characterization. Like the guy above is literally denying that Aldoron got nerfed just to try and say that Gray has no contributions to the quest.

As an aside, Erza is meant to be stronger than Gray. So her fighting stronger opponents shouldn't be a surprise for anyone. Only outlier is Natsu cause he's the mc and usually gets powerups or nerfs to bridge the gap. But the strength of the opponents they fight is irrelevant to their contributions in taking down DGs.

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
Diabolos being the best thing about the sequel is a pretty funny opinion considering how random they've been. Georg sent Skullion and friends to fight dragon gods when the gap between even him and them is so vast. Hard to take clowns seriously and to me there have been many elements better than Diabolos. Gold owl being an alchemist guild is already more interesting because it expands the power system.

Those things were to highlight the real glaring issues. Gray's love for Juvia is as much of a non issue to the overall plot as Erza's inability to write correctly.

This is the first mention of the 100 years quest and it was Mira explaining it to Lucy. Everyone in the guild and most mages know about the existence of the 100 years quest. They just don't know what the objective is. And Gildarts never explained to Natsu the details of the quest nor did he give the quest to Natsu.

Is there a problem with your reading comprehension? How does Natsu saying"You've got less magic" equate to Aldoron gaining more magic to you? The god seeds and the orbs were meant to help CONTROL the magic power. as they were defeated Aldoron lost control of the power and thus had less. It literally says this right there in the pages I posted. How you can get this so backwards is beyond me. Aldoron was nerfed to the ground and that's why Natsu could stand a chance against him.

The opening of the book has nothing to do with it I think. If Zeref could have awakened END by just opening the book, he would have done it a long time ago. The book just served as a link between Natsu and Zeref. That link has been broken but I'm not sure how that's affected his nature. From what we know, the current Natsu isn't a different being than the one that died in the dragon attack. All Zeref did was use his experiments to revive Natsu. That's why in Natsu's subconscious he still has memories from before the dragon attack. And he also has parts of him that are of a dragon as an inherent trait of DS magic. Probably even more than the other slayers since the demon seed seemed to have reactivated and progressed the dragon seed a bit as well.
off topic but it says Gildarts went on a century quest so was there more Than one at that time before Hiro changed his mind or just encased another one is added later, because if there was just one it would say the century quest

Jintohaku

Reaction score
Country
United States
off topic but it says Gildarts went on a century quest so was there more Than one at that time before Hiro changed his mind or just encased another one is added later, because if there was just one it would say the century quest
It's likely a translation assumption. Since she was comparing them to S class quests and there are many of those, the translator probably assumed that she was describing a class of quests and not a singular quest.

Ratrace

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's likely a translation assumption. Since she was comparing them to S class quests and there are many of those, the translator probably assumed that she was describing a class of quests and not a singular quest.
You’re probably right but if there is more than one I wonder what they would be