Group - Group A Battle Royale | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group A Battle Royale

Which 4 Characters advance to the next round?

• Elfman Strauss

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Gildarts Clive

Votes: 48 87.3%
  • Jacob Lessio

Votes: 30 54.5%
  • Jellal Fernandes

Votes: 49 89.1%
  • Sting Eucliffe

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Warrod Sequen

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Wendy Marvell

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • Wolfheim

Votes: 23 41.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I think Jacob's durability is fine. It's probably the same as DiMaria's. Jacob got hit so hard from Makarov that it launched him out of the guild and on his way out of Magnolia, yet his body is still in reasonable condition. Only when Natsu initiates FDKM do we see Jacob start to look in pain from the heat, and then Demolishing Strike finishes him. Imo Neinhart and DiMaria would definitely be finished, they're probably at Jacob-level. Ajeel and probs Wahl also get defeated. Serena might endure it due to resistance to fire but he's going to be damaged from the punch itself, and quite possibly it would be a defeat. Spriggans have pretty good durability feats (except Neinhart) and I don't believe there is a huge difference but I generally see it as Wahl/Serena>=Ajeel>DiMaria/Neinhart/Jacob.

Tbh there is nothing to make me believe Wolfheim or Warrod are more durable than Jacob, nor offensively better than Jacob. Jacob would be my second selection on feats, but I put Gildarts no.2 with some hype for him. Jellal imo is the strongest here.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wendy's kick

vs.

3 GOI and Jura combination attack
DF Wendy couldn't do anything to Dimaria... A hole was pierced in her leg and she was about to die without Chelia's help. I don't even understand your logic that DF Wendy did better than the Gods of Isghar. They aren't hyped for nothing. They have feats to prove that they are stronger than DF Wendy who is relatively on Lucy's level. Like I said, the reason why the God of Ishgar couldn't do anything to God Serena is because he is stronger than Dimaria.

Not even one scratch was put on his face and he was still in his base. The 3GOI have big title but at this point I just don't think that title means anything (unless its GS ofc). No, it's not an assumption that she can kill them it's a clear fact she can. Tell me one of those fodder Gods would do to her God Soul let alone timestop? And you think Jura is really anything since the current TImeskip? Laxus would one shot this fool faster then he one shotted Hades lol. Also the GOI is nothing but a title
and even GS was sickened by how garbage they were.
The Gods of Ishgar is not just a title alone. They have what is known as cataclysmic power. You keep thinking they are fodders because they were up against one of the strongest Spriggans. Also, Dimaria cannot beat God Serena. Don't use her Age Seal as a way of proving that she'll kill him because it won't work on someone stronger than her. By that logic, she can one-shot Zeref. As for God Soul, I would agree that is is strong but even close to God Serena's level. Half of his feats (shown) alone surpasses anything Dimaria has, let alone the other half of his magic/power. Also, how do you know Jura would be one-shotted by Laxus? As far as I'm concerned, Jura may not be that far behind Laxus. If Laxus were up against God Serena without any PoF, he would have the same fate.

This panel pretty much is the same as the one you posted but the translations are slightly different. The idea is the same but the context is more clearer here. Warrod states that the Ten Wizard Saints are not godly like people think which is true because they aren't the strongest. He also says that there are mages around the world that are stronger than them which again is true. It doesn't necessarily mean all of the Spriggan 12 are superior though. Lastly, he says that he probably wouldn't have much confidence in a battle given his magic. This does not mean that he is weak or would lose the fight though.

Nothing suggested GOI are anywhere near the S12 and even Warrod admitted he can't compete with S12. Where the heck did you get this statement that GS was above the other S12? And where did you get he has the power to get out of timestop? Lol those are both huge assumptions on your part because there is no way in heck he's besting DImaria's Age Seal and he was stated by no S12 to be above them. His feat is beating Jura tier and 3 slightly above Jura tier and you think that's impressive? Stop downgrading the S12 to fodder GOI level just to make GS seem like some super beast when he's only mid tier like the rest of the S12. Only ones on a higher level are August and Irene and that is shown countless times. Not one of the S12 even respected Serena like they do August and Irene so again stop putting GS on a tier he isn't.
Warrod never admitted such a thing. He just said other continents have stronger mages. We don't know if he meant the Spriggan 12 or not. That is again, a baseless assumption. The panels you provided just tells us that the Gods of Ishgar are not the strongest in the world. It doesn't mean they are among the level of an average wizard either. I would agree that Warrod doesn't have much attack power like I stated but he excels in other stats. Just look at the amount of MP he possesses.

You have to also understand that the reason why he couldn't be of much help in Sun Village is because he doesn't know every type of magic like August. So he doesn't have the capability to reverse the qualities of the ice.

Note that the panels following the ones you posted indicates that Warrod was being modest. He definitely has the power to match a Spriggan.

Sure, the Gods of Ishgar might not be a match for a high-tier Spriggan but they've shown attacks that are on par, if not better than a low-tier Spriggan. There is no statement of God Serena being above the other Spriggan 12. However, his feats display it. Something you cannot deny. Dimaria's Age Seal is not everything. Users tend to overhype that attack. I'm not downgrading anybody here. I simply said some of the Spriggan 12 are fodders. Ironically, it seems like you're downplaying the Gods of Ishgar. If you read my post again, I never said God Serena is on the level of someone like August or Eileen, I simply said he is stronger than the others. Why? Because he was the only one who won his battle.

Last edited:

Mard Geer

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
My votes are (in order)

1. Jellal Fernandes - Considered as a former Ten Wizard Saints in the name of "Seigrain." Calling his magic as "fearsome" by Richard Buchanan. Maybe his magic can defeat Acnologia, but we don't even know how. But his "Heavenly Body Magic" is a worth call as "Badass!" and one-shot a Spriggan in a single Magic to be worth as one of the most powerful mage.
1. Gildarts Clive - FT's ace. Even though he has only 2 magic power than Jellal, this magic can level as Ten Wizard Saints or even Jura itself. Even in just a small-time-screen-fight, our hyped on this dude was so high.
3. Wolfheim - Well, this old man badass. We know that he can transform into Gargantuan beast with immense strength. But even though we didn't see him fighting, putting him in this list is fit to him.
4. Warrod Sequen - A co-founder of FT. Calling his magic as support type. I voted him as a respect of being a one of the Ten Wizard Saint.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Don't forget Elfman xD.
What is wrong with Elfman? I said 5 because Jacob himself doesn't count. Five are Gildarts, Jellal, Wolfheim, Warrod, and Elfman. Also, at least Jacob can take down 2 opponents more in order for him to be one of 4 qualifier participants. ^^

Libarian

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I voted for Gidarts, Jellal, Warrod & Wendy. Jellal and Gidarts because I think they are the most powerful in the block. The other two making it through especially Wendy instead of Jacob I turn to the key factor of every battle royal I have every seen that seems ignore, threat assessment. These two are strong but hardly most hexed or strongest, but less aggressive and underestimated. These things do not favor the aggressive, so elfman down right away due to the likely hood of charging in, everyone is likely to target Jacob, it doesn't seem that he can use stealth and transport at the same time, those knives won't much to anyone but Wendy or Sting both unlikely to be seen as a threat, but Sting has the biggest threat in this type of match immobilization, plus he can pull the same thing loke did then immobilize him. This is where sting would likely fall as a victim of opportunity(plus I put him below Wendy in strength he has done nothing to redeem the GMGs foderization) Wendy in DF could likely take out one of the Wizard Saints if she put everything into it Wolfheim is the most likely target. Basically, I think a fully boosted Wendy is fast and durable enough to not get taken out, but weak enough to not be targeted by the big five hence she sneaks in fourth.

Kay3795

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Jacob's decisively wins this rumble. He withdraws his presence in the middle of the chao & as everyone exhaust energy, he assimilates the combatants with a *clap*

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
What is wrong with Elfman? I said 5 because Jacob himself doesn't count. Five are Gildarts, Jellal, Wolfheim, Warrod, and Elfman. Also, at least Jacob can take down 2 opponents more in order for him to be one of 4 qualifier participants. ^^
I meant he could distract Jacob just like Lucy did xD. Jk.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Moderator Notice:
As scheduled, Group A Battle Royale thread will now be closed for discussions. You can still vote for your choices until tomorrow (May 9th, 12.00 GMT). Thank you for participating~ ahmadrizqik

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Here is the result!
Jellal Fernandes - 49 votes
Gildarts Clive - 48 votes
Jacob Lessio - 30 votes
Wolfheim - 23 votes

Wendy Marvell - 19 votes
Sting Eucliffe - 17 votes
Warrod Sequen - 16 votes
Elfman Strauss - 3 votes

Jellal, Gildarts, Jacob, and Wolfheim advance to the next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.