Group - Group A Battle Royale | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group A Battle Royale

Group A: Pick your top 4!

• August

Votes: 30 90.9%
  • Dimaria Yesta

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Georg Reizen

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Gray Fullbuster

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Haku

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Lucy Heartfilia

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Selene (Human Form)

Votes: 28 84.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Voting Rules:
  • The group stage is a battle royale. The four fighters with the most votes in one group will advance.
  • You may vote for up to four (4) characters in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Discussion and voting will end on: July 31st

Character List, Info, and Limitations:
CharactersInfo and Limitations
August
Dimaria Yesta
Georg Reizen
Gray Fullbuster
Haku
Laxus DreyarHas Elexion's soul
Lucy HeartfiliaCan summon Celestial Spirit King without sacrifice
Selene (Human Form)In human form

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Once again August in the same group as Dimaria, just so that he can ista neg her time stop i presume lol. I recall same thing happened a few tournaments ago as well. Which gave the other characters a fighting chance. I think the only other character here, powerful enough to outright resist timestop, would be Selene. But that should not matter in the end since Dimaria's timestop would be negated by August, right?

August and Selene should take this fairly easily. August is too broken and Selene too powerful(even in her human form which i believe is far more powerful then what she showed against Suzaku). Which leaves two more ...

Laxus (Lightning Dragon King is honestly mid/fodder if he got dusted by George, but Laxus is Laxus, crazy powerful combatant, Gildarts level, if not slightly stronger now) and ...

Zelefomavis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Does August counters Time Stop for anyone or just himself ?

The way I see it, Mari would TS, Selene resist and August un stops himself.
Then they can kill everyone else, who are left defensless. The 4th winner of this round would be the one who would die last. Either George or Laxus but maybe Lucy thanks to a save from Horlogium ? (Since he's not frozen in the Spirit dimension can he intervene ?)

So I'd go for Selene/August/Dimaria/Georg-Laxus or Lucy

If August counters TS for everyone then it's a completely different problem and I'd pick Selene/August/Haku/Georg or Laxus.
Haku seems for me to be the type to use his speed to escape the strongest and go for all the weakest in order to pass this round

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I'll have to go with Selene, August, Georg, & Dimaria.

I was split between Mari and Laxus, but Age Seal is completely broken, all she has to do is click her teeth and everyone stops. There are only two people here that could likely counter/power out of it which would be August & Selene.

August and Selene are the easiest picks, they're likely the two strongest here.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I'll have to go with Selene, August, Georg, & Dimaria.

I was split between Mari and Laxus, but Age Seal is completely broken, all she has to do is click her teeth and everyone stops. There are only two people here that could likely counter/power out of it which would be August & Selene.

August and Selene are the easiest picks, they're likely the two strongest here.
Do you think Laxus is below Dimaria in power?
I mean he could casually (potentially) oneshot a spriggan with raw power. He should probably have much more MP than them to do so

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Do you think Laxus is below Dimaria in power?
Absolutely not, a serious Laxus one-shots her. But the thing with Dimaria here is her ace in the hole. Age Seal. I'm doubtful that all it takes is having more MP to power out of it.

It's hax vs raw power. most of the time, hax comes out on top. Mari's hax probably doesn't rely on if someone's MP is higher than hers as E.N.D moved through it when he had magic sealing cuffs on if I remember correctly so it is safe to assume he was a special case/counter.

GL_Nova

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Once again August in the same group as Dimaria, just so that he can ista neg her time stop i presume lol. I recall same thing happened a few tournaments ago as well. Which gave the other characters a fighting chance. I think the only other character here, powerful enough to outright resist timestop, would be Selene. But that should not matter in the end since Dimaria's timestop would be negated by August, right?

August and Selene should take this fairly easily. August is too broken and Selene too powerful(even in her human form which i believe is far more powerful then what she showed against Suzaku). Which leaves two more ...

Laxus (Lightning Dragon King is honestly mid/fodder if he got dusted by George, but Laxus is Laxus, crazy powerful combatant, Gildarts level, if not slightly stronger now) and ...
Could you back that Laxus, Georg claim up? Seeing as LDK demolished Kirin.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Does August counters Time Stop for anyone or just himself ?

The way I see it, Mari would TS, Selene resist and August un stops himself.
Then they can kill everyone else, who are left defensless. The 4th winner of this round would be the one who would die last. Either George or Laxus but maybe Lucy thanks to a save from Horlogium ? (Since he's not frozen in the Spirit dimension can he intervene ?)

So I'd go for Selene/August/Dimaria/Georg-Laxus or Lucy

If August counters TS for everyone then it's a completely different problem and I'd pick Selene/August/Haku/Georg or Laxus.
Haku seems for me to be the type to use his speed to escape the strongest and go for all the weakest in order to pass this round
So what does Haku do when he’s done with the others? He’s still left with Selene, August, Laxus, and Georg.

Zelefomavis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France

So what does Haku do when he’s done with the others? He’s still left with Selene, August, Laxus, and Georg.
I would assume that Selene vs August vs Laxus vs Georg takes place while Haku takes care of the others, since those 4 are not going to shy away from a fight with the powerful guys, and I think that either Laxus or Georg would fall during that time.
If not I can see Haku haxing Laxus into a doll while he's distracted by the battle

Lucy>Wendy&Elfman

Reaction score
Country
France
1) Selene
2) August
3) Georg

4) Laxus
5) Dimaria
6) Lucy
7) Haku

8) Gray

Last edited:

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
In order:

1. George
Stated to be much stronger than Suzaku, who either is outright stronger than human Selene (if Selene's statement is true), or at minimum has capability to deal high damage to Selene if he lands a clean hit (if Selene's statement is false).
Also, managed to defeat lighting dragon king, who is the strongest lighting dragon.

2. human Selene
Seemingly lacks defence/durability, but should still but much stronger than everyone else, cause she should still have MP and spell power comparable to human Acno

3/4. Laxus.
Was pretty strong even before this arc. Received a powerup on top of it.
And no, Dimaria's timestop isn't working on him. Even x792 Laxus has MP above her, considering Neinhart shat his pants at x792 Jellal (who is relative to x792 Laxus) merely powering up.
Even if you believe the gap wouldn't be big enough to overcome timestop in x792, it certainly is high enough in x793 cause x793 Laxus >> x792 Laxus

4/3. August
Can copy the magic of everyone in this round. Which means, he is outright immune to other contentor's hax, such as those of Dimaria and Haku, even discounting the MP argument all together.
A sure way to defeat him is to be physically superior enough to beat the crap out of him without relying on magic, which should be definitely possible for George and Selene, and might be possible for Laxus.
I also believe that August won't be able to completely be immune to magic from those with much higher MP than him, so Selene and George should definitely be able to damage him even with spells. Current Laxus MAY be able to damage him with spells too, but Laxus' MP vs August's MP is debatable

@Orphan Prince
On what basis is current Laxus not powerful enough to break free from Dimaria's hax?

x792 Jellal's magic itself is shown to be a cut above regular spriggans, considering Neinhart shat his pants at just him powering up. x792 Laxus scales to x792 Jellal.

Current Laxus >>> x792 Laxus
Laxus received a powerup on top of his level when he fought Erza, who herself commented about how much stronger Laxus had gotten

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
On what basis is current Laxus not powerful enough to break free from Dimaria's hax?
Because Age Seal doesn't seem to work the same way Command T does where MP is critical when it comes to if it works or not. Dimaria herself specifically states that only END could break out of her Age Seal. Not to mention, when Natsu moved in her "Time", he had magic sealing cuffs on his wrists, which would seal his MP, so, him moving in her Age Seal likely had nothing to do with his MP level but END's resistance to her Age Seal, he was made to kill/counter Zeref after all.

August could negate her Age Seal and use it himself while Selene is within the same tier as Acnologia which is a safe level to argue that she could overpower Age Seal and most other hax by raw power alone. I'm doubtful Haku could turn her into a plushie or Larcade could use his pleasure on her (which also doesn't seem to follow Command T's MP rule as it worked on both Irene & Zeref who should have higher MP than him)

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Because Age Seal doesn't seem to work the same way Command T does where MP is critical when it comes to if it works or not. Dimaria herself specifically states that only END could break out of her Age Seal. Not to mention, when Natsu moved in her "Time", he had magic sealing cuffs on his wrists, which would seal his MP, so, him moving in her Age Seal likely had nothing to do with his MP level but END's resistance to her Age Seal, he was made to kill/counter Zeref after all.

August could negate her Age Seal and use it himself while Selene is within the same tier as Acnologia which is a safe level to argue that she could overpower Age Seal and most other hax by raw power alone. I'm doubtful Haku could turn her into a plushie or Larcade could use his pleasure on her (which also doesn't seem to follow Command T's MP rule as it worked on both Irene & Zeref who should have higher MP than him)
Natsu broke out, because END uses curse powers, like other etherious do. Magic cuff doesn't mean anything for him.

You're saying that partial END broke out not because of superior magic/curse powers, but because of something specific to only END?
Let's assume this was the case. If this was true, then Eileen and Larcade would have no means to deal with timestop. But it's confirmed in the manga that these two are above Dimaria as well. So, how does that add up?

Same applies to human Selene too. Even she can only damage her little by little, without being outright capable of breaking free of timestop, Dimaria will eventually take this.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I actually didnt even register that George was in this tournament lol.
Sorry i was away so i could not answer immediately.
Its not like i said Laxus is weak, Laxus is a monster, with a considerable power up. What i said is that the thunder dragon king is mid compared to his dragon king peers. I honestly dont think he is any more stronger than the GMG dragons. There is no way a human dragon slayer could defeat a king level dragon just like that and then got stomped like a potato by a dragon god who should scale slightly above king level, maybe. Thats all im saying.
Although even killing a GMG level dragon should be a considerable feat. It took Natsu + Atlas Flame power up to bring a single dragon down (arguably the leader of the pack).

Now back to Laxus. On top of his massive power alone he got the lightning from the thunder king, which is enough to defeat a Gildarts MP level dude. But then again what could Kirin even do when he basically gave Laxus part of his power. And just like Misaki, he basically just stood there freaking out not even trying to defend against attack. Basically the dragon knights got spriggan syndrome, all super powerful caster mages but trash once someone exposes their magic.

Back to George, like i mentioned i did not register him in this tournament :xp But then again he is so hard to scale lol
Back in the day he managed to kill a dragon, but years and years after, probably far stronger, got crushed like a rotten apple under my foot, by a single swipe. Where do i even put him powerwise ....

You're saying that partial END broke out not because of superior magic/curse powers, but because of something specific to only END?
This was stated by Mashima to be the case

But yeah, i know what you mean about Larcade and Irene. Its kinda weird. But In my mind since Larcade is a prototype END he "should" have the ability, and as for Irene i guess she is just that strong, dimensions apart, like other characters stated.

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
  1. Selene (for obvious reason)
  2. August (strongest human of the verse, the most haxxed with Acno)
  3. Georg (stronger than Gildarts tier, might be stronger than August with DF but he lack of feats)
  4. Dimaria (thanks timestop)

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
In order:

1. George
Stated to be much stronger than Suzaku, who either is outright stronger than human Selene (if Selene's statement is true), or at minimum has capability to deal high damage to Selene if he lands a clean hit (if Selene's statement is false).
Also, managed to defeat lighting dragon king, who is the strongest lighting dragon.

2. human Selene
Seemingly lacks defence/durability, but should still but much stronger than everyone else, cause she should still have MP and spell power comparable to human Acno

3/4. Laxus.
Was pretty strong even before this arc. Received a powerup on top of it.
And no, Dimaria's timestop isn't working on him. Even x792 Laxus has MP above her, considering Neinhart shat his pants at x792 Jellal (who is relative to x792 Laxus) merely powering up.
Even if you believe the gap wouldn't be big enough to overcome timestop in x792, it certainly is high enough in x793 cause x793 Laxus >> x792 Laxus

4/3. August
Can copy the magic of everyone in this round. Which means, he is outright immune to other contentor's hax, such as those of Dimaria and Haku, even discounting the MP argument all together.
A sure way to defeat him is to be physically superior enough to beat the crap out of him without relying on magic, which should be definitely possible for George and Selene, and might be possible for Laxus.
I also believe that August won't be able to completely be immune to magic from those with much higher MP than him, so Selene and George should definitely be able to damage him even with spells. Current Laxus MAY be able to damage him with spells too, but Laxus' MP vs August's MP is debatable

@Orphan Prince

x792 Jellal's magic itself is shown to be a cut above regular spriggans, considering Neinhart shat his pants at just him powering up. x792 Laxus scales to x792 Jellal.

Current Laxus >>> x792 Laxus
Laxus received a powerup on top of his level when he fought Erza, who herself commented about how much stronger Laxus had gotten
georg being #1. thats pretty interesting

-Ken-

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Selene, Georg, August, and Laxus. Seem pretty straight forward.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Shame Georg went God Bye Bye like Serena. Ninja turtle went out like some mid jobber. Where do people even put him power-scale-wise. I havent been on the power scale thread for a long time since why open that pandoras box, nor have i read many posts on the chapter threads so i have no clue.