Group - Group A Battle Royale | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group A Battle Royale

Group A: Pick your top 4!

• August

Votes: 30 90.9%
  • Dimaria Yesta

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Georg Reizen

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Gray Fullbuster

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Haku

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Lucy Heartfilia

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Selene (Human Form)

Votes: 28 84.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Voting Rules:
  • The group stage is a battle royale. The four fighters with the most votes in one group will advance.
  • You may vote for up to four (4) characters in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Discussion and voting will end on: July 31st

Character List, Info, and Limitations:
CharactersInfo and Limitations
August
Dimaria Yesta
Georg Reizen
Gray Fullbuster
Haku
Laxus DreyarHas Elexion's soul
Lucy HeartfiliaCan summon Celestial Spirit King without sacrifice
Selene (Human Form)In human form

Orphan Prince

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Shame Georg went God Bye Bye like Serena. Ninja turtle went out like some mid jobber. Where do people even put him power-scale-wise. I havent been on the power scale thread for a long time since why open that pandoras box, nor have i read many posts on the chapter threads so i have no clue.
Ironically, both went out due to their hubris and arrogance.

I'm not even sure where to place Georg. He certainly isn't DG tier, but we know he's above the BDSK and was able to kill the Lightning Dragon King Elexion. Safe to say he's pretty damn strong. Personally, I'd place him around August.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Ironically, both went out due to their hubris and arrogance.

I'm not even sure where to place Georg. He certainly isn't DG tier, but we know he's above the BDSK and was able to kill the Lightning Dragon King Elexion. Safe to say he's pretty damn strong. Personally, I'd place him around August.
Hm, you think he would do better against Selene if he were more cautious and prepared? Definitely something to think about since he did kill a dragon :hmm But to go down like that makes me believe that the dragon he killed was at most GMG level, or was just super old and out of its prime. There is no way he actually killed a real king level dragon and then go down to a DG just like that after he probably got even stronger through the years. It really makes you think how powerful are the dragon knights really and how powerful is Georg. Aside from Sauzaku who can really pull his weight, the rest of them are idiotic jobbers with strong hax and powers. If we go by character statements i guess at the moment I would place Georg at current Laxus. Which would be equal or slightly stronger than Alvarez Gildarts i guess.

I think i could go with Georg for my 4th pick, assuming August negs Age Seal

Last edited:

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Selene, without jobbing, is certainly the strongest here by great mergin.

I should place Georg as the strongest known wizard as he could defeat many Dragons by his own. He is portraye, by far, as the strongest of Diabolos.

I should rank August because of his portrayal and powers.

For my last one, I am perplex as no one has counter against Haku's hax to turn them all in pupets with a snap or against Dimaria's itime stop. Laxus is stronger in raw powers than both, but hard to fight as a puppet or in a freeze dimension.

Last edited:

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Hm, you think he would do better against Selene if he were more cautious and prepared? Definitely something to think about since he did kill a dragon :hmm
Probably not. Even if Georg wasn't pulling a Serena and boasting he would have been stomped (literally) regardless because, just like Acno, Selene wanted him dead and was serious.

But to go down like that makes me believe that the dragon he killed was at most GMG level, or was just super old and out of its prime. There is no way he actually killed a real king level dragon and then go down to a DG just like that after he probably got even stronger through the years. It really makes you think how powerful are the dragon knights really and how powerful is Georg.
Elexion is a bit of a let down, if he was a King tiered Dragon that should directly scale him to Igneel, to be within his tier like the DGs are in Acno's tier. Not necessarily as strong, but at least strong enough to put up a mid diff fight. Yet, Georg killed him. A King tiered Dragon should be able to give a Dragon God trouble (as seen with Igneel & Acnologia), I'd argue Igneel is in their tier, and Elexion just by title alone should be around Igneel tier in strength as a Elemental Dragon King, in his case, Lightning.

It's safe to assume that Elexion is the weakest of the Elemental Dragon Kings? That's the only possible excuse I could think of for him going down to such a foe. Or, as you said he could have been just really old and out of his prime, but if that was the case, shouldn't a younger Dragon have dethroned him and taken that title by the time Georg got to him?

Aside from Sauzaku who can really pull his weight, the rest of them are idiotic jobbers with strong hax and powers. If we go by character statements i guess at the moment I would place Georg at current Laxus. Which would be equal or slightly stronger than Alvarez Gildarts i guess.
A safe assumption, personally I scaled the BDSK to be around Gildarts/Serena tier in power or MP with Suzaku being a cut above the rest. I placed Georg so high due to him beating a Dragon King, even though Elexion may have been a disappointment and likely fodder to Acno, Igneel, & the Dragon Gods.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
There is no way he actually killed a real king level dragon and then go down to a DG just like that after he probably got even stronger through the years.
wait, you think dragon king > dragon god? :hmm

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
I didnt say that :amuse But i will say that dragon king is close to dragon god. Igneel for sure is close.
I think Igneel was an exception and the strongest of the Dragons. Even nerfed, he was close to Acnologia. I can see Igneel in Dragon Gods and Acno's tier for sure.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
oh naruhodo2x....my bad
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

my picks for now: August, Georg, Laxus, Selene (in no order)

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
safe assumption, personally I scaled the BDSK to be around Gildarts/Serena tier in power or MP with Suzaku being a cut above the rest. I placed Georg so high due to him beating a Dragon King, even though Elexion may have been a disappointment and likely fodder to Acno, Igneel, & the Dragon Gods.
This is flawed. Because Natsu met Gildarts right before leaving for the 100YQ.
Which means, when they make a comparison, it is at minimum made to that Gildarts. Not the one at x792 who is portrayed with Serena

This means that BDSK scales to x793 Gildarts, who should be a lot stronger than Serena.

Of course, a month or so has passed since then. So, Gildarts might have grown stronger like how Natsu and co grew stronger.

As for dragon kings and dragon gods, I assume they hold the same value. They are called Kings by fellow dragons, gods by normie humans who find that power unfathomable

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Even nerfed, he was close to Acnologia
Mashima - I'll make Acno kill most of the dragons in the world, including Igneel.
Mashima - I'll make halfdead soulless Igneel fight on par with Acno.
Mashima - I'm genius.

Please, stop using this meaningless pointless senseless shit of a fight as a feat. It doesn't make any sense

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Mashima - I'll make Acno kill most of the dragons in the world, including Igneel.
Mashima - I'm genius.

Please, stop using this meaningless pointless senseless shit of a fight as a feat. It doesn't make any sense
Igneel was half dead, but he was operating at his prime momentarily IMO (basically the whole fight).

There is a reason why he wanted to come 400 years into the future, it was to bide and build up power.

Honestly, Acno would've been toast if igneel and other 4 parent dragons decided to gang up on him

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Mashima - I'm genius.

Well, I agree with your statement and Mashima's illogical's point, but the battle between the Dragons was real. So I can count than as a feat and even a fact.

Zelefomavis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
This is flawed. Because Natsu met Gildarts right before leaving for the 100YQ.
Which means, when they make a comparison, it is at minimum made to that Gildarts. Not the one at x792 who is portrayed with Serena

This means that BDSK scales to x793 Gildarts, who should be a lot stronger than Serena.

Of course, a month or so has passed since then. So, Gildarts might have grown stronger like how Natsu and co grew stronger.
Even if they saw Gildartz recently, they didn't ser him fight.

They saw Laxus too and yet Erza was baffled at his level up since Alvarez.

I interpret it as Alvarez Gildarts when they make the comparison since it's probably the last occasion he flexed his MP.

Could be wrong but then again Mashima probably randomly threw Gildarts name to say "very strong" without further thoughts

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Selene, August, DiMaria, and George. Selene >>> August > Timestop > George > BDSK/Laxus tier.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
welcome jko. finally

Kurumi Tokisaki

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Elexion is a bit of a let down, if he was a King tiered Dragon that should directly scale him to Igneel, to be within his tier like the DGs are in Acno's tier. Not necessarily as strong, but at least strong enough to put up a mid diff fight.
Elexion just might be stronger than parent dragons that's all, still fodder to Acno's tier. Igneel might be the strongest natural dragon per Ignia's word before getting killed by Acno. Metellicana also said something like that not even Igneel could beat Acno which might suggest he was the strongest dragon. Dragon who gave Acno him powers might also be a contender (but he is not mentioned by anyone) but Acno and how he got his powers are unknown.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Even if they saw Gildartz recently, they didn't ser him fight.

They saw Laxus too and yet Erza was baffled at his level up since Alvarez.

I interpret it as Alvarez Gildarts when they make the comparison since it's probably the last occasion he flexed his MP.

Could be wrong but then again Mashima probably randomly threw Gildarts name to say "very strong" without further thoughts

Why would they be baffled at x792 Gildarts power level? That makes no sense logically speaking.

It wasn't like there was a big gap between say Laxus and Gildarts.
Laxus that Erza fought is confirmed to be >> x792 Laxus. Why would he be amazed at x792 Gildarts level power?

You last sentence really says it all. That's really just it.
Mashima is a simple man who at this point gives zero Fs about power scaling or consistency. I doubt he even thought about "which version" of Gildarts, he probably made no such distinctions.

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Elexion just might be stronger than parent dragons that's all, still fodder to Acno's tier. Igneel might be the strongest natural dragon per Ignia's word before getting killed by Acno. Metellicana also said something like that not even Igneel could beat Acno which might suggest he was the strongest dragon.
True, I presumed that Elexion holding the title of "King" would make him an automatic top tier like Igneel. I suppose it is highly likely that he wasn't all that impressive because Igneel (like Acnologia) was powerful, even among their own tier (Igneel with King's and Acno likely with the "God's").

Dragon who gave Acno him powers might also be a contender (but he is not mentioned by anyone) but Acno and how he got his powers are unknown.
Acnologia likely killed him/her by his death, unless that Dragon was the only specific Dragon that Acnologia decided to let live.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It wasn't like there was a big gap between say Laxus and Gildarts.
Mashima could always just swap it up and say Gildarts was just so much more powerful than everyone else (non high Spriggan tier/Acnologia) in Alvarez that his MP is still baffling.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Mashima could always just swap it up and say Gildarts was just so much more powerful than everyone else (non high Spriggan tier/Acnologia) in Alvarez that his MP is still baffling.
x792 Gildarts vs x792 Laxus. Who wins, what diff?

I'd say x792 Gildarts win with mid-high diff based on portrayal, feats etc. Arguing for anything less than mid diff would be a massive stretch, because Laxus and Gildarts are often mentioned in the same line, indicating some form of portrayal between them.

The Laxus that Erza fought would low diff x792 Laxus. On top of just plain being a lot stronger (stated), he also mastered RL.
If we are going by feats and statements, all the "good guys" powered up even further after the Aldo arc. This Laxus being baffled at x792 Gildarts level power doesn't make any sense.

Forget the powerscaling all together and give me an honest answer. Do you actually think Mashima meant x792 Gildarts when he made that comparison? You recognize how much of a stretch it actually is? We can argue all we want. But Mashima probably didn't think about which version of Gildarts and what not. Like others said here, Mashima clearly doesn't care enough about FT to actually think through this.
The straightforward answer would simply be whatever was the "Gildarts level", that Mashima thought of at the moment. In the context, it likely means current Gildarts level, though logically it's impossible for the good guys to know since they haven't seen him over a month.
Logically though, it should whichever Gildarts they last saw, which would be Gildarts a month or so prior.