Group - Group A | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group A

Round 1: Pick your top 4

• Natsu Dragneel

Votes: 72 81.8%
  • Lucy Heartfilia

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • Wendy Marvell

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Irene Belserion

Votes: 80 90.9%
  • God Serena

Votes: 70 79.5%
  • Sting Eucliffe

Votes: 42 47.7%
  • Eric (Cobra)

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Mirajane Strauss

Votes: 30 34.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Voting Rules:
  • The group stage is a battle royale. The four fighters with the most votes in one group will advance.
  • During the group stage, you'll be able to vote up to 24 hours after discussion ends.
  • You may vote for up to four (4) characters in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Discussion will end on: April 28th, 2017. Voting will end on: April 29th, 2017.

Group A (A for Axiomus :))

Name: Natsu Dragneel
Guild/Affiliation: Fairy Tail
Magic: Fire Dragon-Slaying magic

Natsu is the brother of Zeref the Black Wizard, who brought him back to life after he was killed by a dragon 400 years ago. Natsu was raised by Igneel the Fire Dragon King, who trained him as a Dragon Slayer. Using the Eclipse, Natsu time travelled to the year X777, where he has since joined the Fairy Tail guild and accepted it as his new family.
Name: Lucy Heartfilia
Magic: Celestial Spirit magic
Lucy is the descendent of Anna Heartfilia, the strongest Celestial Spirit wizard in history. The Heartfilia family was responsible for the operation of the Eclipse Gate, as part of the plan to stop Acnologia. After a fateful encounter with Natsu at Port Hargeon, Lucy joined the Fairy Tail guild. Lucy originally inherited 3 of the Zodiac Keys, but has since collected many more.
Name: Wendy Marvell
Magic: Sky Dragon-Slaying magic
Wendy was orphaned 400 years ago, and raised by Grandeeney the sky dragon. Grandeeney raised Wendy as a dragon slayer that specialized in healing and enchantments. Wendy travelled with Natsu through the Eclipse, and eventually joined the Fairy Tail guild. Since then, Wendy has learned to use her powers for the purposes of combat.
Name: Irene Belserion
Guild/Affiliation: Alvarez Empire
Magic: Enchantment/Sage Dragon-Slaying magic
Irene was the queen of the Dragnov Kingdom 400 years ago. To defeat the dragons fighting against humanity, Irene came up with the idea to enchant the power of a dragon into a human, creating the first dragon slayers. Unfortunately this magic caused Irene's body to become that of a dragon, a transformation which she resented. Irene was the strongest woman in the Alvarez Empire before her death.
Name: God Serena
Guild/Affiliation: Alvarez Empire
Magic: 8 types of Dragon-Slaying magic
God Serena was once the greatest wizard on the continent of Ishgar, ranked first among the 10 Wizard Saints. Unfortunately, he abandoned Ishgar and allied with the Alvarez Empire as Zeref's elite bodyguards. God Serena was slain in an encounter with Acnologia, but whilst he was still alive his power as "Hybrid Theory" was a force to be reckoned with.
Name: Sting Eucliffe
Guild/Affiliation: Sabertooth
Magic: White-Shadow Dragon-Slaying magic
Sting was raised by the White Dragon, Weisslogia, and time travelled through Eclipse to the year X777. Eventually, Sting met up with another dragon slayer from 400 years ago named Rogue, and the two joined the Sabertooth guild. Sting has since became Sabertooth's guild-master, and wields the power of both light and shadow.
Name: Erik (Cobra)
Guild/Affiliation: Crime Sorciere
Magic: Poison Dragon-Slaying magic/Sound magic

Erik was once part of Oracion Seis under the codename Cobra. After Oracion Seis was defeated and disbanded, Erik has joined Jellal's crusade in wiping out the dark guilds in the newly established Crime Sorciere. Cobra's snake, Kinanna, is now a human girl that is part of the Fairy Tail guild.
Name: Mirajane Strauss
Magic: Takeover: Demon Soul magic
Mirajane is the oldest of the Strauss siblings. As a child, Mirajane struggled with her magic turning parts of her body into that of a demon. She eventually joined Fairy Tail, and learned how to control her powers and becoming the guild's barmaid. After the battle with Tartarus, Mirajane absorbed many souls of the demons of Zeref's books.
  1. Irene cannot enchant her opponents' body in any way; ie no animal transmutations.
  2. Natsu cannot use Etherious power or Igneel's power
  3. Sting can use White-Shadow Dragon Mode at will.
  4. Slayer-type Mages who have never shown advanced modes have no access to them.
  5. In the case of sacrificial spells, as long as the sacrifice isn't the character, it is allowed, however, the sacrificed piece is considered unusable for the remainder of the battle. For example, Lucy is allowed to sacrifice her key(s) to summon the Celestial Spirit King but can no longer use the sacrificed key.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
My choices

Natsu Dragneel

No need for me to say anything.DF Natsu is a top tier along with Irene in this thread.

Irene Belserion
Irene Belserion comes second.In her Dragon form no one in this thread apart from Natsu,God Serena ,Sting and Wendy can defeat him.

God Serena
The man hyped by Gildarts and who soloed 3 GOI+Jura.

Lucy Heartfillia
Here i was most undecided whether to give it to Sting or Lucy with CSK.But as Lucy have become stronger CSK should also become,so giving it to Lucy extreme diff.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Eileen, Natsu, God Serena and Lucy.
Imo CSK would be the strongest fighter here with Lucy's improvements.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Irene being in one group with 5 dragon slayers (one of them is an enchanter) is fun. Especially Irene vs Wendy. Basically both are able to nullify each other's enchantment.

Irene is at a big disadvantage.

MonkeyD-Dragon

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Not a hard one tbf, Natsu,Irene,GS and Wendy take this.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Here's who I think advances in the group stage:

1. Irene Belserion. With her Dragon Form and mastery of enchantment, she can do some pretty mean spells and damage to people. Although there are a fair few dragon slayers here that could work together to nullify her, I think she would still hold through to outsee some of the characters here.

2. Natsu Dragneel. With FDKM and Dragon Force in his arsenal, Natsu has some mean attack power he can use to damage his opponents, and Dragon Force also provides him with a boost to his speed which would also allow him to move around even better in combat.

3. God Serena. With a variety of Dragon Slayer magic at his disposal, God Serena is a decent threat here to the competitors and can definitely hold his own in battle, enough to guarantee him advancing in this round.

4. Sting Eucliffe. I'm taking Sting in position #4 thanks to his WSDM. Even if it's just off of his own power, he'd be able to enter his shadow form and likely avoid being damaged by some of the heavy hitters if they can't grab him out of the shadows. Thanks to that and decent attack power with the mode and Dragon Force, he'd make it through imo.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Irene being in one group with 5 dragon slayers (one of them is an enchanter) is fun. Especially Irene vs Wendy. Basically both are able to nullify each other's enchantment.

Irene is at a big disadvantage.
Didnt even think of that tbh. And considering Natsu's personality there is a good chance he decides to kill her before anyone else. But Deus Sema secures her place as number one imo, no way it kills less than four people before she goes down. Not that she even needs to transform to beat most of the people here.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
I've gone for Natsu, Irene, Sting and Goddy.

Irene needs no explanation, Natsu's FDKM + DF are top tier, Goddy has awesome + spammable AoE and Sting has intangibility along with some pretty good offense.

Pheromone

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Out of the given, the four most likely to remain standing with varying amounts of exhaustion:

Irene, God Serena, Natsu, and Sting.

Must be said that the presence of God Serena, Natsu, Sting, Wendy, and Eric all put Irene in a fairly difficult position.

Given how a slash from a DS-enchanted sword from a weakened but plot-overdosed Erza canceled out Irene's dragon form, turning into a dragon against five Dragon Slayers would be tantamount to suicide.

Last edited:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Irene, Sting, Serena and Wendy (Not going to be voting for Natsu at all I've decided).

CaptainTorch

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Hmmm, interesting matchup. I will have to go with:

1)Irene
She is the most strongest in this group(If we discount PIS that is). With her huge disposal of different enchantments and Deus Sema, she gets the first place here.

2)Natsu
Even without Dragon Force, Natsu would get into the top 4, WIth DF he is soldily 2nd, and might even be close to Irene.

3)God Serena
Definetly a very strong mage, most likely top 5 out of the spriggan. If Natsu wouldn't have his DF, he would be 2nd. And the fact that he has 8 lacrimas doesn't make it better for his opponents.

4)WSDM Sting
This one was hard to pick. But out of all the contestants, he is the strongest remaining, So I pick him

Such a pity that Wendy and Lucy don't pass. Wendy with DF is definetly strong, and if Sting wouldn't have his WSDM, she would be 4th.
Lucy, despite being my favourite character, sadly doesn't pass through. I'm sure that if she would currently summon the CSK, she would definetly get into the top 4. But since she hasn't showed how strong he would be after the timeskip, we cannot count that. Even so, the CSK pre-timeskip is already a force to be reckoned with. So it was pretty close between Lucy and Sting. But, I have to be fair, so Sting passes.

A.ulq

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
Picked Irene only:nod

Unnamed Namesake

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
My choices

Natsu Dragneel

No need for me to say anything.DF Natsu is a top tier along with Irene in this thread.

Irene Belserion
Irene Belserion comes second.In her Dragon form no one in this thread apart from Natsu,God Serena ,Sting and Wendy can defeat him.

God Serena
The man hyped by Gildarts and who soloed 3 GOI+Jura.

Lucy Heartfillia
Here i was most undecided whether to give it to Sting or Lucy with CSK.But as Lucy have become stronger CSK should also become,so giving it to Lucy extreme diff.
I don't see Lucy sacrificing one of her keys just to win a fight against Sting.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
1. Irene Balsamic
Easily the strongest of the lot. Not much room for debate.

2. God Serena
He could probably eat Natsu's flames since they come from separate types of fire, then combat him with seven other types of DS magic. He also had some crazy eyed form which we didn't get to see the extent of, but base GS embarrassingly curbstomped 2 through 5 of the Wizard Saints.

3. Summer Dragneel
DF Natsu post-time skip was a bit of a letdown but still outclasses the rest of the list.

4. Maryjane Sauce
Toss up between her and Sting, but Sting's always been kind of squishy, and we haven't seen him go against someone whose magic he can't eat and negate. All we know is that he can beat literally any light mage. Speaking of, wouldn't Larcade's magic have actually been a curse, since he's a demon? I think Mira has enough destructive power and speed to blitz him all to hell. My vote goes to Mira.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Natsu, Irene and God Serena are no-brainers.

Then i basically had to decide between Sting and Mirajane, who are the best out of all remaining fighters. Sting having better feats, i'm picking him as the fourth vote.

So my votes are Natsu, Irene, God Serena and Sting.

Status
Not open for further replies.